Jump to navigation Jump to search
TSC Risk Assessment Committee (TRAC) Agenda/Minutes
back to TRAC page
|TRAC Meeting Minutes
Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
|Date: Wednesday, 2015-07-08 |
Time: 10:00 AM U.S. Eastern
|Facilitator: Pat Van Dyke||Note taker(s): Anne|
|x||Pat Van Dyke||x||Rick Haddorff||Freida Hall|
|Regrets||Austin Kreisler||Ken McCaslin||x||Melva Peters|
|John Quinn||John Roberts|
|Guests||x||Paul Knapp||x||Andy Stechishin||x||Brian Pech|
- Agenda review and approval - Pat Van Dyke
- Review minutes of 2015-07-01 TRAC
- Discussion Topics:
- Referencing External Documents
- Endorsement of External Standards in HL7 Ballot Items
- Publishing Risks
- Publishing risks: Brian Pech here from Publishing to discuss. There are risks in all of our publishing processes. Reviewed slides covering risks in each standard. Concerns originated in publishing WG and was taken up by T3SD who recommended review by TRAC. Every publication process is dependent upon one or two key individuals. TSC and organization as a whole need to prioritize these risks and look at mitigating them. Andy states the issues are bigger than publishing and tooling alone – need to make sure that the organization as a whole is aware of these issues. Publishing is central to what we do and we can’t afford to let things go. Another issue is lack of organizational tooling plan and budget. Tooling has a plan for the organization, but the organization doesn’t have a plan for tooling; lack of guidance from above. Example: for V2 database that Frank Oemig is responsible for…a contract exists between Frank and HQ, but terms are a mystery. No idea what he can be asked to do or not do. There are likely boundaries in the contract but they are unknown. Pat: Has it been to ArB? Andy: Yes, pieces have been discussed at ArB. Andy presented the requirements for publishing; ArB has been looking at the underlying causes of the issues. Pat: this should get on the TSC calendar for review as the next step. Rick: TRAC’s next steps should be to pull out the risks and put on our spreadsheet. ACTION: Rick will go through the presentation and add them. Brian expresses willingness to present to the TSC; will work to get on TSC schedule.
- Not meeting again until August 5. Paul suggest getting it to the TSC before the Board retreat at the end of July. The 20th would be the ideal day for TSC to allow for that.
- Adjourned at 11:00 am Eastern time.
|Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)|
|Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items|
© 2014 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved