2015-06-15 TSC Call Agenda

From HL7 TSC
Revision as of 20:41, 16 June 2015 by Anne wizauer (talk | contribs) (→‎Management)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to navigation Jump to search

TSC Agenda/Minutes

Meeting Info/Attendees

Standing Conference Calls

TSC will hold a Conference Call at 11AM Eastern time, each Monday except during scheduled face-to-face Working Group Meetings unless otherwise noted at TSC_Minutes_and_Agendas.

GoToMeeting at https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/426505829 using VOIP
For those without access to microphone/speakers:
US: +1 (224)501-3318
Canada: +1 (647)497-9379
Italy: +39 0 230 57 81 80
Access Code: 426-505-829
GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829
HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
NEW GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829

Date: 2015-06-15
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Ken McCaslin Note taker(s): Dave Hamill
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented yes
Chair/CTO ArB International Affiliate Rep Ad-Hoc
x Ken McCaslin x Tony Julian . Jean Duteau .
x John Quinn x Lorraine Constable x Giorgio Cangioli .
Domain Experts Foundation and Technology Structure and Semantic Design Technical and Support Services
x Melva Peters Regrets Woody Beeler . Calvin Beebe x Freida Hall
x John Roberts x Paul Knapp x Pat van Dyke x Andy Stechishin
. Russ Hamm . .
ex officio Invited Guests Observers HL7 Staff
. Stan Huff (HL7 Chair) w/vote . . obs1 . Anne Wizauer
. Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote . . . obs2 x Dave Hamill

. . . . .



  1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
  2. Agenda review and approval -
  3. Approve Minutes of 2015-06-08 TSC Call Agenda


  1. Approval items:
  2. Discussion topics:
    • TSC elections update: Melva, Paul, Pat, Jean, and Andy
    • Management of inquires from ONC (John Q.)


  1. Review action items
    • Anne to create Atlanta agenda and add agenda items from today's call
  2. Approval items from last week's e-vote - passed 6/0/0/ with ArB, DESD, T3SD, SSD-SD and 2 International Affiliates voting:
  3. Approval Items for This week:
  4. Discussion topics:
    • Lack of control when balloting an external document (Melva)
  5. Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
  6. Open Issues List


Minutes/Conclusions Reached:

  • Meeting minutes accepted per general consent

TSC Election Update

  • Steering Divisions emailed their listservs to seek nominations
  • Every steering division had at least one chair open

Management of Inquiries from ONC

  • John Quinn has been answering questions about HL7 from people new to working with ONC They have questions about patient interaction information, and associated implementation guides.
  • Many questions focus around MEEM? (or NEEM?), which is patient info regarding Homeland Security, and it references HL7 V2 Chapter 3
  • Frieda asked if MEEM/NEEM is contradicting OMB-119 which indicates standards from standards groups should be used as opposed to creating one’s own standards
  • ACTION ITEM: Dave/Anne to keep this item as an agenda item for next week

DSTU Numbering

    • While we are required to follow ANSI for Normative standards, we don’t have to follow that for DSTU.
    • Ken would like to have this as an agenda item for the October WGM, however Paul indicated that may be too late; Pat agrees this should be addressed sooner rather than later.
    • FHIR Core Work Group is preparing a document proposing what the numbering should be. They’ll bring forward that document to the TSC.
    • Standards Governance Board (SGB) may be much more aligned for owning this topic

Lack of Control When Balloting an External Document (Melva)

  • When balloting an external document, comments from the ballot were deemed ‘considered for future use’ since the Pharmacy Work Group didn’t own the document (because it was externally owned).
  • Should the current process be modified to allow an HL7 Work Group have some ownership of getting the comments endorsed so that the comments will be addressed by the external group?
  • Frieda referenced Section 18 of the GOM about external info to HL7 content
  • Ken: He is seeing that there may be a threat that our current policy doesn’t encompass what is needed or what could possibly happen.
  • ACTION ITEM: Ken and Pat agreed that TRAC should take this issue and discuss it further. The topic could be called ‘Endorsement of External Standards’ .
  • TRAC should also look at Section 18 of the GOM.
  • Pat indicated that TRAC is currently working on a related item.
  • TRAC will provide an update to the TSC on TSC’s August 10 call
  • ACTION ITEM Dave to create a shell for the Aug 10 meeting and put the TRAC update for Endorsement of External Standards

FHIR.org Registry system

  • Ken to discuss this with Chuck today; Ken to invite Chuck to a future TSC call as well.

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • Dave/Anne to keep 'Management of Inquiries from ONC' as an agenda item for next week
  • Ken and Pat agreed that TRAC should take this issue (Lack of Control When Balloting an External Document) and discuss it further. The topic could be called ‘Endorsement of External Standards’
  • Dave to create a shell for the Aug 10 TSC meeting and put the TRAC update for Endorsement of External Standards
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

© 2015 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.