2015-06-10 TRAC

From HL7 TSC
Revision as of 20:30, 11 June 2015 by Anne wizauer (talk | contribs) (→‎Next Steps)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to navigation Jump to search

TSC Risk Assessment Committee (TRAC) Agenda/Minutes

back to TRAC page

Meeting Info/Attendees

TRAC Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
GoToMeeting ID: 889-380-173

Date: Wednesday, 2015-06-10
Time: 10:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Pat Van Dyke Note taker(s): Lynn
Quorum n/a
Chair/CTO Members Members
x Pat Van Dyke x Rick Haddorff Freida Hall
Regrets Austin Kreisler Ken McCaslin Regrets Melva Peters
John Quinn John Roberts


  • Agenda review and approval - Pat Van Dyke
  • Review minutes of 2015-05-27 TRAC
  • Discussion Topics:
    • Referencing External Materials/following ANSI rules (TSC to review TRAC assessment on 2015-06-29)
    • Risks associated with current publishing practices


Minutes/Conclusions Reached:

  • Opened with discussion regarding the successful Paris meeting.
  • Referencing external materials: do we have responsibility to validate? If our standards have to be approved by ANSI, are the references as vigorous as they are? Andy and Paul had done some work on this last fall. Reviewed documents sent by Andy. Should we come up with a process or policy to add to publication guide? If reference is in a normative part of balloted materials that are then the standard, you’re then forced to keep it up to date or understand if changes have been or will be made. If referring to an ISO standard in the informative part of the material, for example, there shouldn’t be a need to update that unless there is a new ballot or reaffirmation. If the referred-to standard is in the normative part of the balloted material, then the change must be tracked. Pat will talk to Paul regarding where this issue originated.
  • 3-year planning: Rick states there hasn’t been much progress at this point but he will circle back with Ken this week. PSS is owned by TSC at this point. Pat suggests having some sit-down time with co-chairs to go over things at WGM.
  • Will meet again the 17th but not the 24th. We will meet the 1st and the 8th of July, but not the 15th, 22nd, and 29th.


Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • Pat to talk to Paul regarding where the issue of referencing external materials originated
  • Rick to circle back with Ken regarding 3-year planning process
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

© 2014 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved