2015-03-30 TSC Call Agenda

From HL7 TSC
Jump to navigation Jump to search

TSC Agenda/Minutes

Meeting Info/Attendees

Standing Conference Calls

TSC will hold a Conference Call at 11AM Eastern time, each Monday except during scheduled face-to-face Working Group Meetings unless otherwise noted at TSC_Minutes_and_Agendas.

GoToMeeting at https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/426505829 using VOIP
For those without access to microphone/speakers:
US: +1 (224)501-3318
Canada: +1 (647)497-9379
Italy: +39 0 230 57 81 80
Access Code: 426-505-829
GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829
HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
NEW GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829

Date: 2015-03-30
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Ken McCaslin Note taker(s): Anne Wizauer
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented yes/no
Chair/CTO ArB International Affiliate Rep Ad-Hoc
Regrets Ken McCaslin x Tony Julian Regrets Jean Duteau .
x John Quinn Regrets Lorraine Constable x Giorgio Cangioli .
Domain Experts Foundation and Technology Structure and Semantic Design Technical and Support Services
x Melva Peters Regrets Woody Beeler x Calvin Beebe x Freida Hall
x John Roberts x Paul Knapp x Pat van Dyke x Andy Stechishin
. x Russ Hamm . .
ex officio Invited Guests Observers HL7 Staff
. Stan Huff (HL7 Chair) w/vote . . obs1 x Anne Wizauer
. Doug Fridsma HL7 Chair-Elect vote . . . obs2 .
. Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote . . . .



  1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
  2. Agenda review and approval -
  3. Approve Minutes of 2015-03-23 TSC Call Agenda


  1. Approval items (for discussion):
    • Proposed changes to the GOM by ArB. Question remaining from last week: Could co-chairs take role of granting the WGM attendance waiver as described in section instead of CTO?
      • MOTION by John Quinn to accept changes as proposed
    • Mobile Health WG Out of Cycle Meeting
      • MOTION by John Quinn to approve this meeting
  2. Discussion topics:


  1. Review action items
    • Homework assignments prior to Paris WGM
  2. Approval items (for discussion):
  3. Discussion topics:
    • Attachments Collaboration Project (Paul)
    • WG Co-Chairs Not Working Within Process (Paul, John Roberts, Melva, Pat)
  4. Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
  5. Open Issues List


  • Agenda and Minutes from 2015-03-23 approved by general consent.
  • Proposed changes to GOM from ArB:
    • MOTION: Freida moves to accept all changes including co-chairs taking role of granting the WGM attendance waiver; Paul seconds.
    • VOTE: Opposed: 0 Abstained: 0 In Favor: All
    • MOTION: John R. moves to approve the out of cycle meeting for Mobile Health; Andy seconds.
    • VOTE: Opposed: 0 Abstained: 0 In favor: All
  • FHIR Ballot Plan (Paul): Paul reports that the ballot plan has been altered from what was previously discussed. Concern about QA work that has not been completed by WGs. Rather than delaying ballot past the May deadline, some materials will go as draft instead of DSTU; then another DSTU in the fall in order to catch up the draft materials and those that had major changes. Pat asks if QA will be complete in the August timeframe; Paul responds that yes, that is the general intention. Lorraine reports the material will be marked as draft in the DSTU if it has not met QA. John Q. Pat wonders what part of the expected ballot material will not be there? Paul reports that late last week, perhaps 15% have been completed as far as QA. The reason to go forward is to have active testing and also meet deadlines of other interested parties/customer needs. Melva comments that the changing dates have caused confusion; she suggests that a very clear email go out to c-chairs.
  • FHIR Core WG: John Q. instructs members to email any questions/concerns about this to Anne, copying John Q., Ken, and Paul in advance of final consideration next week.
  • Homework items: will cover next week; Anne reported on Saturday’s current agenda items
  • PSS-Lite: Melva describes the origin of the project and what the intended format. Want to do peer review in April. Would like to roll it out at May WGM.
    • MOTION: Freida moves to approve; John R. seconds.
    • VOTE: Opposed: 0 Abstained: 0 In favor: All
  • Attachments Collaboration project: There is a project which is going on that is a collaboration between HL7, WEDI and X12 to develop further attachment technology/guides. Concern over lack of awareness – appears there was no project scope statement. Freida states that we have existing agreements with WEDI and X12 – this may be a legacy of work done long ago that is now being updated. John Q. further describes history. Paul is not objecting to the work, just wondering if this work was following our standard process – where is the project scope statement? Pat states that the announcements were not coordinated between organizations. Freida states that the work predates project scope statements. John Q. will contact Durwin to fill in some of the holes and ask about project scope statements. He will report back.
  • Adjourned at 11:30 am Eastern.

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • Email questions/concerns about FHIR Core WG to Anne, John Q., Ken, and Paul
  • John Q. to contact Durwin regarding questions about the Attachments Collaboration project and project scope statements.
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

© 2014 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.