Difference between revisions of "2015-03-16 TSC Call Agenda"

From HL7 TSC
Jump to navigation Jump to search
 
(16 intermediate revisions by one other user not shown)
Line 30: Line 30:
 
|colspan="2"|Chair/CTO ||colspan="2"|ArB ||colspan="2"|International Affiliate Rep ||colspan="2"|Ad-Hoc
 
|colspan="2"|Chair/CTO ||colspan="2"|ArB ||colspan="2"|International Affiliate Rep ||colspan="2"|Ad-Hoc
 
|-
 
|-
|.||Ken McCaslin||.||Tony Julian||.|| Jean Duteau||.||
+
|x||Ken McCaslin||x||Tony Julian||Regrets|| Jean Duteau||.||
 
|-
 
|-
|.||John Quinn ||Regrets||Lorraine Constable||.|| Giorgio Cangioli||.||
+
|x||John Quinn ||x||Lorraine Constable||Regrets|| Giorgio Cangioli||.||
  
 
|-
 
|-
Line 41: Line 41:
  
 
|-
 
|-
|.||Melva Peters||Regrets||Woody Beeler||.||Calvin Beebe||.||Freida Hall
+
|x||Melva Peters||Regrets||Woody Beeler||.||Calvin Beebe||x||Freida Hall
 
|-
 
|-
|.||John Roberts||.||Paul Knapp||.||Pat van Dyke||.||Andy Stechishin
+
|x||John Roberts||x||Paul Knapp||x||Pat van Dyke||x||Andy Stechishin
 
|-
 
|-
|.||  || ||Russ Hamm||.||  ||.||
+
|.||  ||x||Russ Hamm||.||  ||.||
 
|-
 
|-
 
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|''ex officio''
 
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|''ex officio''
Line 52: Line 52:
 
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|HL7 Staff
 
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|HL7 Staff
 
|-
 
|-
|.||Stan Huff (HL7 Chair) w/vote||.|| ||.||''obs1''||.||Anne Wizauer
+
|.||Stan Huff (HL7 Chair) w/vote||.|| ||.||''obs1''||x||Anne Wizauer
 
|-
 
|-
|.||Chuck Jaffe (CEO) <s> vote</s>||.||.||.||''obs2''||.||
+
|.||Chuck Jaffe (CEO) <s> vote</s>||x||Lynn Laakso||.||''obs2''||.||
  
  
Line 80: Line 80:
 
====Management====
 
====Management====
 
#Review [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemBrowse&tracker_id=494 action items] –
 
#Review [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemBrowse&tracker_id=494 action items] –
#*Anne to send link to wiki review of FHIR Balloting Process Pilot to co-chairs
+
#*Anne to send link to [http://wiki.hl7.org/index.php?title=FHIR_Ballot_Process_Review wiki review] of FHIR Balloting Process Pilot to co-chairs
#*Pat/Calvin to ask CDS WG to add security as a cosponsor to ''CDS Knowledge Artifact Specification DSTU Update 3'' at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=931 Project Insight 931] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=5631&start=0 TSC Tracker 5631]  
+
#*Pat/Calvin to ask CDS WG to add security as a cosponsor to ''CDS Knowledge Artifact Specification DSTU Update 3'' at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=931 Project Insight 931] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=5631&start=0 TSC Tracker 5631] '''(5 minutes)'''
#*Pat/Calvin to ask CDS WG if there is truly a new product family being introduced in ''Clinical Decision Support Big Picture Implementation Guide'' at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=1175 Project Insight 1175] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=5777&start=0 TSC Tracker 5777] (box was checked for new product family)
+
#*Pat/Calvin to ask CDS WG if there is truly a new product family being introduced in ''Clinical Decision Support Big Picture Implementation Guide'' at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=1175 Project Insight 1175] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=5777&start=0 TSC Tracker 5777] '''(5 minutes)'''
 
<!--    Management      -->
 
<!--    Management      -->
 
<!--    Approvals  -->
 
<!--    Approvals  -->
#Approval items:
+
#Approval items from last week's e-vote referred for discussion '''(5 minutes)''':
 +
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/5612/12918/2015MAY_PSS_CQI_MHadley_CQF-BasedHQMFIG_Revised2.docx Project Approval Request] for ''CQF-based HQMF Implementation Guide'' at Project Insight TBD and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=5612&start=0 TSC Tracker 5612]
 +
#**Issue from Andy: "The CQI PSS discusses aligning HL7 Product Families and as such needs review by both the ArB and the Product Line Architecture."
 +
#**Issue from Tony: "Ballot type(5.a) is "DSTU to Normative" but according to 3.g the ballot is DSTU."
 +
#Approval items from last week's e-vote approved 5/0/0 with 1 international affiliate, CTO, DESD, T3SD, and ArB voting;
 +
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/5610/12917/2015MAY_PSS_CG_MUllman-Cullere_FullyLOINCQualifiedGeneticVariationModel_revised.docx Project Approval Request] for ''Clinical Genomics - Genetic Variation (Fully LOINC-Qualified Genetic Variation Model)'' at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=1165 Project Insight 1165] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=5610&start=0 TSC Tracker 5610]
 +
#Approval items for this week's e-vote:
 +
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/3764/12544/2015JAN_PSS_CIC_MYounes_BipolarAnxietyDisorderDomainModel_revised.doc Project Approval Request] for ''Bipolar and Generalized Anxiety Disorder Domain Model'' by the CIC WG of DESD at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=1144 Project Insight 1144] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=3764&start=0 TSC Tracker 3764]
 
<!--  Management      -->
 
<!--  Management      -->
 
<!--  Discussion  -->
 
<!--  Discussion  -->
#Discussion topics:  
+
#Discussion topics:
 +
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/docmanfileversion/8624/12967/TSC%20Approval%20List%20for%202015%20May%20Ballot%20Cycle%20With%20Names.doc 2015May Ballot Approvals] ('''40 minutes)'''
 +
#**Updated [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/docmanfileversion/8622/12959/Naming%20Conventions%20r-2015-03-15.docx naming conventions] document after last week's discussion
 +
#**Continued discussion on HL7 Logical Model QUICK Release 1 from last week – minutes note: does it create a new product family? Addition of Cross-paradigm to title was discussed. Must we include family name? Doesn’t have a family context.
 +
#**FHIR Ballots naming convention has proposed: HL7 FHIR® [Release number] Implementation Guide: [Work Group name]; [application name]; Release [IG release number] – is that realistically the case?
 +
#*Proposed changes to GOM  from ArB:
 +
#**Change all references to ARB Chair/Vice-Chair to ARB co-chairs.
 +
#**Change section 09.03.01.02 as follows:
 +
#:'''09.03.02.02 Commitment'''
 +
#:
 +
#:Candidates shall provide documentation of support for their participation on the ARB from their employers or a like statement of their personal commitment if individual members of HL7. Members of the ARB are expected to:
 +
#:
 +
#:<strike>a. participate in 75% of weekly conference calls</strike>
 +
#::a. Attend a majority of weekly conference calls.
 +
#:<strike>b. dedicate 6 - 10 hours each week, in addition to conference calls, to ArB deliverables</strike>
 +
#::b. demonstrate active participation through some combination of the following:
 +
#::::Meaningful contribution to deliverables through authoring , modeling or review.
 +
#::::Individuals provide expertise that can be drawn upon when needed.
 +
#:c. attend at least two of the three Working Group Meetings each year
 +
#:::The ARB co-chairs may, at their discretion, grant a waiver of the WGM attendance requirement to any ARB member in good standing who has encountered hardship (e.g. lack of funding) in attending Working Group meetings provided either 9.03.02.02a or 09.03.02.02b are met.
 
#*Attachments Collaboration Project (Paul)  
 
#*Attachments Collaboration Project (Paul)  
#*HSI WG Content Issue (Lorraine)
 
 
#*WG Co-Chairs Not Working Within Process (Paul, John Roberts, Melva, Pat)  
 
#*WG Co-Chairs Not Working Within Process (Paul, John Roberts, Melva, Pat)  
 
#*FHIR Ballot Reonciliation Process (Lorraine/Paul)  
 
#*FHIR Ballot Reonciliation Process (Lorraine/Paul)  
Line 98: Line 123:
  
 
===Minutes===
 
===Minutes===
'''Minutes/Conclusions Reached:'''<br/>
+
*Minutes accepted via general consent.
 
+
*Project approval request for CQF-based HQMF IG: Motion to send to ArB for clarification regarding product family issue by Andy; Lorraine seconds. Negative: 0 Abstain: 0 In Favor: All
 
+
*CDS KAS DSTU Update 3: Pat will contact Security regarding this
'''''Please don't forget to hang up from the conference call '' (VOIP users)'''
+
*CDS Big Picture IG: Pat spoke with them and it is not a new product. It is an informative document on how to use the standards and the IGs. Motion to change new product to new modified HL7 policy/procedure process and approve by Pat; John Q. seconds. Opposed: 0 Abstained: 0 In Favor: All
 +
*May Ballot Approvals:
 +
**Cross-pardigm Logical Model naming issue: Does Cross-paradigm become a family name if we add it? Motion to accept name including cross-paradigm by Paul; Freida seconds. Opposed: 0 Abstained: 0 In favor: All
 +
**FHIR naming: are they using WG names? General FHIR ballot is across whole spec so it is unlikely they’d use WG name. Unless compelling reason, simply use application names for searchability. Motion to discourage the use of WG names in formal document names for FHIR by Paul; second by Andy. Opposed: 0 Abstained: 0 In favor: All
 +
**Went through ballot approval document with name changes. Made adjustment to include US Realm in Cross-Paradigm logical model. Discussion over requested name change on Clinical Quality Language (CQL)-based Health Quality Measure Format (HQMF), Release 1 - US Realm. Motion to accept Language vs. Framework by Lorraine.
 +
*Motion to accept ballot proposals as adjusted conditional upon completion of reconciliation activities by March 22 by Pat; Lorraine seconds. Discussion over project 1147 having an outstanding negative on previous ballot – determined that it should not affect project going to ballot. Opposed: 0 Abstained: 0 In favor: All
 +
*ArB updates to GOM: Tony describes proposed updates and reasoning behind them. Additional change to what is in the agenda: Change chair/vice chair to simply co-chairs. Reason for changes is that ArB representatives have a high number of non-US participants. Lorraine states that part of this is to keep members of ArB that would likely be lost if requirements are not adjusted. Anne to update with piece that is missing re: co-chairs for next call. For March 23: Housekeeping: add homework section and drop this item in.
 +
*Discussion Attachments project that were in last week’s e-vote – sent back to DESD with comments for updates. Melva to send back and get updates and if they are planning to ballot this cycle. Add to agenda for next week and determine if HL7 Attachment Supplement Specificaiton: Request and Response IG R2 can go to ballot. Melva will invite rep from Attachments to discuss.
 +
*Call adjourned at 12:03
  
  
Line 108: Line 141:
 
|-
 
|-
 
|colspan="4" |'''Actions''' ''(Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)''<br/>
 
|colspan="4" |'''Actions''' ''(Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)''<br/>
* .
+
*Anne to add missing piece of ArB updates to GOM and add to housekeeping section of 2015-03-23 meeting
 +
*Melva to send back PSSes to Attachments for updating; Anne to add to agenda for next week to determine if the request and response IG R2 can go to ballot. Melva to invite rep from attachments to discuss.
 
|-
 
|-
 
|colspan="4" |'''Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items'''<br/>
 
|colspan="4" |'''Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items'''<br/>

Latest revision as of 13:14, 27 March 2015

TSC Agenda/Minutes

Meeting Info/Attendees

Standing Conference Calls

TSC will hold a Conference Call at 11AM Eastern time, each Monday except during scheduled face-to-face Working Group Meetings unless otherwise noted at TSC_Minutes_and_Agendas.

GoToMeeting at https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/426505829 using VOIP
For those without access to microphone/speakers:
US: +1 (224)501-3318
Canada: +1 (647)497-9379
Italy: +39 0 230 57 81 80
Access Code: 426-505-829
GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829
HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
NEW GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829

Date: 2015-03-16
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Ken McCaslin Note taker(s): Anne Wizauer
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented yes/no
Chair/CTO ArB International Affiliate Rep Ad-Hoc
x Ken McCaslin x Tony Julian Regrets Jean Duteau .
x John Quinn x Lorraine Constable Regrets Giorgio Cangioli .
Domain Experts Foundation and Technology Structure and Semantic Design Technical and Support Services
x Melva Peters Regrets Woody Beeler . Calvin Beebe x Freida Hall
x John Roberts x Paul Knapp x Pat van Dyke x Andy Stechishin
. x Russ Hamm . .
ex officio Invited Guests Observers HL7 Staff
. Stan Huff (HL7 Chair) w/vote . . obs1 x Anne Wizauer
. Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote x Lynn Laakso . obs2 .


. . . . .

Agenda

Housekeeping

  1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
  2. Agenda review and approval -
  3. Approve Minutes of 2015-03-09 TSC Call Agenda

Governance

  1. Approval items:
  2. Discussion topics:

Management

  1. Review action items
    • Anne to send link to wiki review of FHIR Balloting Process Pilot to co-chairs
    • Pat/Calvin to ask CDS WG to add security as a cosponsor to CDS Knowledge Artifact Specification DSTU Update 3 at Project Insight 931 and TSC Tracker 5631 (5 minutes)
    • Pat/Calvin to ask CDS WG if there is truly a new product family being introduced in Clinical Decision Support Big Picture Implementation Guide at Project Insight 1175 and TSC Tracker 5777 (5 minutes)
  2. Approval items from last week's e-vote referred for discussion (5 minutes):
    • Project Approval Request for CQF-based HQMF Implementation Guide at Project Insight TBD and TSC Tracker 5612
      • Issue from Andy: "The CQI PSS discusses aligning HL7 Product Families and as such needs review by both the ArB and the Product Line Architecture."
      • Issue from Tony: "Ballot type(5.a) is "DSTU to Normative" but according to 3.g the ballot is DSTU."
  3. Approval items from last week's e-vote approved 5/0/0 with 1 international affiliate, CTO, DESD, T3SD, and ArB voting;
  4. Approval items for this week's e-vote:
  5. Discussion topics:
    • 2015May Ballot Approvals (40 minutes)
      • Updated naming conventions document after last week's discussion
      • Continued discussion on HL7 Logical Model QUICK Release 1 from last week – minutes note: does it create a new product family? Addition of Cross-paradigm to title was discussed. Must we include family name? Doesn’t have a family context.
      • FHIR Ballots naming convention has proposed: HL7 FHIR® [Release number] Implementation Guide: [Work Group name]; [application name]; Release [IG release number] – is that realistically the case?
    • Proposed changes to GOM from ArB:
      • Change all references to ARB Chair/Vice-Chair to ARB co-chairs.
      • Change section 09.03.01.02 as follows:
    09.03.02.02 Commitment
    Candidates shall provide documentation of support for their participation on the ARB from their employers or a like statement of their personal commitment if individual members of HL7. Members of the ARB are expected to:
    a. participate in 75% of weekly conference calls
    a. Attend a majority of weekly conference calls.
    b. dedicate 6 - 10 hours each week, in addition to conference calls, to ArB deliverables
    b. demonstrate active participation through some combination of the following:
    Meaningful contribution to deliverables through authoring , modeling or review.
    Individuals provide expertise that can be drawn upon when needed.
    c. attend at least two of the three Working Group Meetings each year
    The ARB co-chairs may, at their discretion, grant a waiver of the WGM attendance requirement to any ARB member in good standing who has encountered hardship (e.g. lack of funding) in attending Working Group meetings provided either 9.03.02.02a or 09.03.02.02b are met.
    • Attachments Collaboration Project (Paul)
    • WG Co-Chairs Not Working Within Process (Paul, John Roberts, Melva, Pat)
    • FHIR Ballot Reonciliation Process (Lorraine/Paul)
  6. Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
  7. Open Issues List

Minutes

  • Minutes accepted via general consent.
  • Project approval request for CQF-based HQMF IG: Motion to send to ArB for clarification regarding product family issue by Andy; Lorraine seconds. Negative: 0 Abstain: 0 In Favor: All
  • CDS KAS DSTU Update 3: Pat will contact Security regarding this
  • CDS Big Picture IG: Pat spoke with them and it is not a new product. It is an informative document on how to use the standards and the IGs. Motion to change new product to new modified HL7 policy/procedure process and approve by Pat; John Q. seconds. Opposed: 0 Abstained: 0 In Favor: All
  • May Ballot Approvals:
    • Cross-pardigm Logical Model naming issue: Does Cross-paradigm become a family name if we add it? Motion to accept name including cross-paradigm by Paul; Freida seconds. Opposed: 0 Abstained: 0 In favor: All
    • FHIR naming: are they using WG names? General FHIR ballot is across whole spec so it is unlikely they’d use WG name. Unless compelling reason, simply use application names for searchability. Motion to discourage the use of WG names in formal document names for FHIR by Paul; second by Andy. Opposed: 0 Abstained: 0 In favor: All
    • Went through ballot approval document with name changes. Made adjustment to include US Realm in Cross-Paradigm logical model. Discussion over requested name change on Clinical Quality Language (CQL)-based Health Quality Measure Format (HQMF), Release 1 - US Realm. Motion to accept Language vs. Framework by Lorraine.
  • Motion to accept ballot proposals as adjusted conditional upon completion of reconciliation activities by March 22 by Pat; Lorraine seconds. Discussion over project 1147 having an outstanding negative on previous ballot – determined that it should not affect project going to ballot. Opposed: 0 Abstained: 0 In favor: All
  • ArB updates to GOM: Tony describes proposed updates and reasoning behind them. Additional change to what is in the agenda: Change chair/vice chair to simply co-chairs. Reason for changes is that ArB representatives have a high number of non-US participants. Lorraine states that part of this is to keep members of ArB that would likely be lost if requirements are not adjusted. Anne to update with piece that is missing re: co-chairs for next call. For March 23: Housekeeping: add homework section and drop this item in.
  • Discussion Attachments project that were in last week’s e-vote – sent back to DESD with comments for updates. Melva to send back and get updates and if they are planning to ballot this cycle. Add to agenda for next week and determine if HL7 Attachment Supplement Specificaiton: Request and Response IG R2 can go to ballot. Melva will invite rep from Attachments to discuss.
  • Call adjourned at 12:03


Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • Anne to add missing piece of ArB updates to GOM and add to housekeeping section of 2015-03-23 meeting
  • Melva to send back PSSes to Attachments for updating; Anne to add to agenda for next week to determine if the request and response IG R2 can go to ballot. Melva to invite rep from attachments to discuss.
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


© 2014 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.