Difference between revisions of "2015-03-02 TSC Call Agenda"

From HL7 TSC
Jump to navigation Jump to search
 
(11 intermediate revisions by the same user not shown)
Line 20: Line 20:
 
|colspan="2"|Chair/CTO ||colspan="2"|ArB ||colspan="2"|International Affiliate Rep ||colspan="2"|Ad-Hoc
 
|colspan="2"|Chair/CTO ||colspan="2"|ArB ||colspan="2"|International Affiliate Rep ||colspan="2"|Ad-Hoc
 
|-
 
|-
|.||Ken McCaslin||.||Tony Julian||.|| Jean Duteau||.||
+
|x||Ken McCaslin||x||Tony Julian||x|| Jean Duteau||.||
 
|-
 
|-
|.||John Quinn ||.||Lorraine Constable||.|| Giorgio Cangioli||.||
+
|x||John Quinn ||x||Lorraine Constable||x|| Giorgio Cangioli||.||
  
 
|-
 
|-
Line 31: Line 31:
  
 
|-
 
|-
|.||Melva Peters||.||Woody Beeler||.||Calvin Beebe||.||Freida Hall
+
|Regrets||Melva Peters||Regrets||Woody Beeler||x||Calvin Beebe||x||Freida Hall
 
|-
 
|-
|.||John Roberts||.||Paul Knapp||.||Pat van Dyke||.||Andy Stechishin
+
|.||John Roberts||x||Paul Knapp||x||Pat van Dyke||x||Andy Stechishin
 
|-
 
|-
|.||  ||.||Russ Hamm||.||  ||.||
+
|.||  ||x||Russ Hamm||.||  ||.||
 
|-
 
|-
 
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|''ex officio''
 
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|''ex officio''
Line 42: Line 42:
 
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|HL7 Staff
 
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|HL7 Staff
 
|-
 
|-
|.||Stan Huff (HL7 Chair) w/vote||.||Jane Daus ||.||''obs1''||.||Anne Wizauer
+
|.||Stan Huff (HL7 Chair) w/vote||x||Jane Daus ||x||Austin Kreisler||.||Anne Wizauer
 
|-
 
|-
|.||Chuck Jaffe (CEO) <s> vote</s>||.||Brian Pech||.||''obs2''||.||
+
|.||Chuck Jaffe (CEO) <s> vote</s>||x||Brian Pech||x||Lynn Laakso||.||
  
  
Line 73: Line 73:
 
<!--    Management      -->
 
<!--    Management      -->
 
<!--    Approvals  -->
 
<!--    Approvals  -->
#Approval items:
+
#Approval items:  
 +
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/5808/12894/Final%20HL7%20PSS%20Derived%20domain%20profile%20to%20the%20CHFP%20for%20Developmental%20Screening%2002042015%20updated%20after%20DESD%20Vote.doc Project Approval Request] for ''Derived Domain Profile to the HL7 EHR Child Health Functional Profile focused on Developmental Screening'' at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=1163 Project Insight 1163] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=5808&start=0 TSC Tracker 5808]
 +
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/5809/12895/HL7PSS_PSWG_StudentInternshipProcess201409V3.docx Project Approval Request] for ''University/College Internship Process Development'' at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=1171 Project Insight 1171] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=5809&start=0 TSC Tracker 5809]
 
<!--  Management      -->
 
<!--  Management      -->
 
<!--  Discussion  -->
 
<!--  Discussion  -->
 +
#Approval items from last week's e-vote - approved 5/0/0 with CTO, 1 international affiliate, FTSD, SSD-SD, and ArB voting:
 +
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/5735/12866/2013SEP_PSS_StrucDocs_IGforCDA_R2_HAI_R2-update.doc Normative Ballot Approval] for ''HL7 Implementation Guide for CDA® Release 2: Healthcare Associated Infection Reports, Normative Release 2'' at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=1003 Project Insight 1003] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=5735&start=0 TSC Tracker 5735]
 +
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/5776/12887/2015JAN_PSS_StrucDocs_BReinhold_CDA_R2_L3_PersonalHealthcareMonitoringReports_IG.doc Project Approval Request] for '' IG for CDA R2 - Lvl 3 Personal Healthcare Monitoring Reports, R1'' at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=1149 Project Insight 1149] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=5776&start=0 TSC Tracker 5776]
 +
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/5611/12778/PSS%20Pharmacist%20Functional%20Profile%2020150122.docx Project Approval Request] for ''Pharmacist EHR-System Functional Profile Release 1'' at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=1167 Project Insight 1167] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=5611&start=0 TSC Tracker 5611]
 +
#Items from e-Vote Referred for Discussion (T3SD):
 +
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/5736/12867/v2%20IDMP-CPM-SPL%20HL7%20Project%20Scope%20Statement%20v2015_VP.docm Project Approval Request] for ''ISO Identification of Medicinal Products (IDMP) Technical Specifications and EU/EMA Requirements for SPL Release 7'' at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=1147 Project Insight 1147] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=5736&start=0 TSC Tracker 5736]
 +
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/5631/12800/2015MAY_PSS_CDS_BoxwalaRhodes__KAS_DSTU_Update3.docx Project Approval Request] for ''CDS Knowledge Artifact Specification DSTU Update 3'' at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=931 Project Insight 931] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=5631&start=0 TSC Tracker 5631]
 +
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/5777/12889/CDS-big-picture-IG-PSS-20150219.doc Project Approval Request] for ''Clinical Decision Support Big Picture Implementation Guide'' at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=1175 Project Insight 1175] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=5777&start=0 TSC Tracker 5777]
 +
 
#Discussion topics:  
 
#Discussion topics:  
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/docmanfileversion/8576/12828/Refactoring%20HL7-v2%202.docx Refactoring HL7 V2 Product Family] proposal  
+
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/docmanfileversion/8576/12828/Refactoring%20HL7-v2%202.docx Refactoring HL7 V2 Product Family] proposal (with guests Jane Daus and Brian Pech)
(Jane Daus and Brian Pech)
+
#*Austin's [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/5807/12893/HL7_PSS_FHIR_Balloting_Process_Pilot_20150227.docx FHIR Balloting Process] document at [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=5807&start=0 TSC Tracker 5807]
#*Initial Review of Ballot Approvals for May2015 using new Naming Conventions (Anne: add links to both docs)
+
#*Initial Review of [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/docmanfileversion/8592/12896/TSC%20Approval%20List%20for%202015%20May%20Ballot%20Cycle%20with%20recommendations.doc Ballot Approvals for May2015] using new [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/docmanfileversion/8593/12897/Naming%20Conventions%2020150227.docx Naming Conventions]
 
#*Attachments Collaboration Project (Paul)
 
#*Attachments Collaboration Project (Paul)
 
#*HSI WG Content Issue (Lorraine)
 
#*HSI WG Content Issue (Lorraine)
Line 89: Line 100:
  
 
===Minutes===
 
===Minutes===
'''Minutes/Conclusions Reached:'''<br/>
+
*Meeting minutes accepted through general consent.
 
+
*Refactoring HL7 V2 Product Family: Brian Pech describes the issue to the TSC. Ken asks: is the re-engineering around chapters necessary? Brian responds that yes, some chapters are too big. Ken wonders about vocabulary being a separate piece? Brian says yes, vocab folks want to be able to produce vocabulary on an annual basis regardless of ballot. Publishing has put forth the idea of creating a task force to look at the entire V2 pub process and look at options to make it easier to maintain and make it more stable. Renumbering would be best addressed by Frank next week. Brian adds that there are portions of V2 that are very static with few changes version to version; other chapters still have updates, additions, corrections that are quite active. Part of the proposal is segmenting those two – create a static portion and a dynamic portion.
 
+
*Austin describes the proposed FHIR Ballot Process Pilot while group reviews the PSS. Austin has been presenting to potential co-sponsors over the last week. Intent is to get through first phase so FHIR can use this process for May ballot.  EST will play critical role in tooling. 2nd phase is post-ballot evaluation of gforge’s capability to handle and how the process worked. Lorraine wonders if the scope deals with the environments we’ll need to host versions of spec. Austin states that this PSS does not address that particular issue. Paul states that we do not have sufficient sites in order to support the publication within FHIR and you’re still reliant of people outside of HL7. This issue will be on the agenda for a future call. Long term hope is that this process could be leveraged by other ballots as well. Austin is asking today if TSC is willing to sponsor the project. Motion by Paul to sponsor the project; Pat seconds. Paul: 1) there is insufficient information on the gforge side to support, and 2) we know there is insufficiency to handle and 3) we know authentication process is not appropriate. Will these issues all be addressed? Austin: these issues should be brought up in the wiki-based review process. Comment process is still driven by the spreadsheet.  The comment process runs through the 20th and will be monitored by FMG – will come back to the TSC after the comment process to review the results. Pat suggests that we involve co-chairs; Austin states that is part of the proposed process. Anne to add invitation to update from the TSC next week. Opposed: 0 Abstained: 0 Favor: All (Domain Experts not present)
 
+
*Ballot approval list: Lynn Laakso present to help in review of proposed name changes. Group discussed names that were identified as unacceptable on the announcement of formation of consensus groups.
 
+
**On Patient Friendly Language for Healthcare Privacy and security Consumer User Interfaces: need clarification from group. Lorraine moves that Lynn send it back to WG for clarification on actual type of artifact that is being delivered and is it cross-product family or CDA-specific. Lynn to provide copy of new naming conventions as well. Calvin seconds. Opposed: 0 Abstained: 0 Favor: All
 +
**Motion by Calvin to accept revisions that Lynn proposes for HL7 EHR-system IG: Pharmacist and that it will be sent back to the WG to be validated and to clarify the concept of HL7 endorsement. John seconds. Opposed: 0 Abstained: 0 Favor: All
 +
**Tony makes motion to rename document HL7 Business Architecture Model (BAM), Release 1. John seconds. Opposed: 0 Abstained: 0 Favor: All
 +
*Project Services Prioritization: Discussion over expression of results. Secure storage has been resolved. PSS-lite is highest; next highest is positioning of security risk analysis standard; 3rd is pilot SAIF as part of publication request, followed by student internship program.
 +
*First item on e-vote: data types a concern? Not backwards compatible. There is push within the workgroup to get on to R2. Jean argues to let the project go through as the WG is working on the issue. Motion by Freida to approve; Paul seconds. Opposed: 0 Abstained: 0 Favor: all
  
 
===Next Steps===
 
===Next Steps===
Line 99: Line 114:
 
|-
 
|-
 
|colspan="4" |'''Actions''' ''(Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)''<br/>
 
|colspan="4" |'''Actions''' ''(Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)''<br/>
* .
+
*Anne to add invitation to participate in comment period for FHIR Balloting Process Pilot in the update from the TSC next week (Austin to provide link).
 +
*All: review Ballot Approval List before next call
 
|-
 
|-
 
|colspan="4" |'''Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items'''<br/>
 
|colspan="4" |'''Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items'''<br/>

Latest revision as of 22:57, 5 March 2015

Meeting Info/Attendees

Standing Conference Calls

TSC will hold a Conference Call at 11AM Eastern time, each Monday except during scheduled face-to-face Working Group Meetings unless otherwise noted at TSC_Minutes_and_Agendas.

GoToMeeting at https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/426505829 using VOIP
For those without access to microphone/speakers:
US: +1 (224)501-3318
Canada: +1 (647)497-9379
Italy: +39 0 230 57 81 80
Access Code: 426-505-829
GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829
HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
NEW GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829

Date: 2015-02-23
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Ken McCaslin Note taker(s): Anne Wizauer
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented yes/no
Chair/CTO ArB International Affiliate Rep Ad-Hoc
x Ken McCaslin x Tony Julian x Jean Duteau .
x John Quinn x Lorraine Constable x Giorgio Cangioli .
Domain Experts Foundation and Technology Structure and Semantic Design Technical and Support Services
Regrets Melva Peters Regrets Woody Beeler x Calvin Beebe x Freida Hall
. John Roberts x Paul Knapp x Pat van Dyke x Andy Stechishin
. x Russ Hamm . .
ex officio Invited Guests Observers HL7 Staff
. Stan Huff (HL7 Chair) w/vote x Jane Daus x Austin Kreisler . Anne Wizauer
. Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote x Brian Pech x Lynn Laakso .


. . . . .

Agenda

Housekeeping

  1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
  2. Agenda review and approval -
  3. Approve Minutes of 2015-02-23 TSC Call Agenda

Governance

  1. Approval items:
  2. Discussion topics:

Management

  1. Review action items
    • Anne to send out results of Project Services prioritization survey
  2. Approval items:
  3. Approval items from last week's e-vote - approved 5/0/0 with CTO, 1 international affiliate, FTSD, SSD-SD, and ArB voting:
  4. Items from e-Vote Referred for Discussion (T3SD):
  1. Discussion topics:
  2. Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
  3. Open Issues List

Minutes

  • Meeting minutes accepted through general consent.
  • Refactoring HL7 V2 Product Family: Brian Pech describes the issue to the TSC. Ken asks: is the re-engineering around chapters necessary? Brian responds that yes, some chapters are too big. Ken wonders about vocabulary being a separate piece? Brian says yes, vocab folks want to be able to produce vocabulary on an annual basis regardless of ballot. Publishing has put forth the idea of creating a task force to look at the entire V2 pub process and look at options to make it easier to maintain and make it more stable. Renumbering would be best addressed by Frank next week. Brian adds that there are portions of V2 that are very static with few changes version to version; other chapters still have updates, additions, corrections that are quite active. Part of the proposal is segmenting those two – create a static portion and a dynamic portion.
  • Austin describes the proposed FHIR Ballot Process Pilot while group reviews the PSS. Austin has been presenting to potential co-sponsors over the last week. Intent is to get through first phase so FHIR can use this process for May ballot. EST will play critical role in tooling. 2nd phase is post-ballot evaluation of gforge’s capability to handle and how the process worked. Lorraine wonders if the scope deals with the environments we’ll need to host versions of spec. Austin states that this PSS does not address that particular issue. Paul states that we do not have sufficient sites in order to support the publication within FHIR and you’re still reliant of people outside of HL7. This issue will be on the agenda for a future call. Long term hope is that this process could be leveraged by other ballots as well. Austin is asking today if TSC is willing to sponsor the project. Motion by Paul to sponsor the project; Pat seconds. Paul: 1) there is insufficient information on the gforge side to support, and 2) we know there is insufficiency to handle and 3) we know authentication process is not appropriate. Will these issues all be addressed? Austin: these issues should be brought up in the wiki-based review process. Comment process is still driven by the spreadsheet. The comment process runs through the 20th and will be monitored by FMG – will come back to the TSC after the comment process to review the results. Pat suggests that we involve co-chairs; Austin states that is part of the proposed process. Anne to add invitation to update from the TSC next week. Opposed: 0 Abstained: 0 Favor: All (Domain Experts not present)
  • Ballot approval list: Lynn Laakso present to help in review of proposed name changes. Group discussed names that were identified as unacceptable on the announcement of formation of consensus groups.
    • On Patient Friendly Language for Healthcare Privacy and security Consumer User Interfaces: need clarification from group. Lorraine moves that Lynn send it back to WG for clarification on actual type of artifact that is being delivered and is it cross-product family or CDA-specific. Lynn to provide copy of new naming conventions as well. Calvin seconds. Opposed: 0 Abstained: 0 Favor: All
    • Motion by Calvin to accept revisions that Lynn proposes for HL7 EHR-system IG: Pharmacist and that it will be sent back to the WG to be validated and to clarify the concept of HL7 endorsement. John seconds. Opposed: 0 Abstained: 0 Favor: All
    • Tony makes motion to rename document HL7 Business Architecture Model (BAM), Release 1. John seconds. Opposed: 0 Abstained: 0 Favor: All
  • Project Services Prioritization: Discussion over expression of results. Secure storage has been resolved. PSS-lite is highest; next highest is positioning of security risk analysis standard; 3rd is pilot SAIF as part of publication request, followed by student internship program.
  • First item on e-vote: data types a concern? Not backwards compatible. There is push within the workgroup to get on to R2. Jean argues to let the project go through as the WG is working on the issue. Motion by Freida to approve; Paul seconds. Opposed: 0 Abstained: 0 Favor: all

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • Anne to add invitation to participate in comment period for FHIR Balloting Process Pilot in the update from the TSC next week (Austin to provide link).
  • All: review Ballot Approval List before next call
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


© 2014 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.