2015-02-16 TSC Call Agenda

From HL7 TSC
Revision as of 22:12, 16 February 2015 by Anne wizauer (talk | contribs)
Jump to navigation Jump to search

TSC Agenda/Minutes

Meeting Info/Attendees

Standing Conference Calls

TSC will hold a Conference Call at 11AM Eastern time, each Monday except during scheduled face-to-face Working Group Meetings unless otherwise noted at TSC_Minutes_and_Agendas.

GoToMeeting at https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/426505829 using VOIP
For those without access to microphone/speakers:
US: +1 (224)501-3318
Canada: +1 (647)497-9379
Italy: +39 0 230 57 81 80
Access Code: 426-505-829
GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829
HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
NEW GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829

Date: 2015-02-16
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Ken McCaslin Note taker(s): Anne Wizauer
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented yes/no
Chair/CTO ArB International Affiliate Rep Ad-Hoc
x Ken McCaslin x Tony Julian . Jean Duteau .
x John Quinn x Lorraine Constable x Giorgio Cangioli .
Domain Experts Foundation and Technology Structure and Semantic Design Technical and Support Services
Regrets Melva Peters . Woody Beeler x Calvin Beebe x Freida Hall
x John Roberts x Paul Knapp x Pat van Dyke x Andy Stechishin
ex officio Invited Guests Observers HL7 Staff
. Stan Huff (HL7 Chair) w/vote . . obs1 x Anne Wizauer
. Doug Fridsma HL7 Chair-Elect vote . . . obs2 .
. Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote . . . .



  1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
  2. Agenda review and approval -
  3. Approve Minutes of 2015-02-09 TSC Call Agenda


  1. Approval items:
  2. Discussion topics:


  1. Review action items
    • Melva to send PSS for Showcase - Nursing EHR applications back to WG for cleanup
    • Anne to report back on PBS metrics tracking process for Trauma Registry Data Submission CDA
    • All: Review 3-year plan guidance document
    • Anne to get updates made to Paris agenda and post on TSC WG meeting agenda
    • HL7 Chair-Elect Process
  2. Approval items:
  3. Approval Items from Last Week's e-Vote, currently 7/0/0 with 2 international affiliates, SSD-SD, DESD, ArB, FTSD and T3SD voting:
  4. Discussion topics:
  5. Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
  6. Open Issues List


  • Call convened at 11:02
  • Meeting minutes accepted by general consent.
  • Updated Mission & Charter review: Motion to accept by Paul; second by Lorraine. None opposed or abstained. Will send to the Board as an information update as an addition to the CTO report. Anne to forward to John Q and Ken.
  • DMP: Freida moves to approve but to remove the version number and use the adoption date; Pat seconds. None opposed or abstained.
  • Updated 3-year plan to 1-3-6 year plan: Discussion over Ken’s draft. Tony has created a tracker in gforge. Will be doing research and planning to determine process that makes sense for all WGs. Ken welcomes input and direction. Lorraine notes that more people would need gforge access to TSC tracker if they are housed there. If it is done in gforge then it will be driven by templates. Discussion over whether everyone would be required to use gforge; may need to provide training if so.
  • Refactoring of V2 product family: Ken notes that developers have the manual memorized; this proposal would re-organize all of the material. Does the TSC want to provide guidance on this issue? John Q. mentions the access database that Frank maintains; significant delays because of editing issues. Lorraine states that we need to make publishing easier but not rock the boat for implementers. Tony states that our current publishing scheme is a word doc with many hidden fields. Implementers accidentally delete hidden fields and makes extraction impossible. We need a better process, but this far in to V2, not sure what it is. Ken: does the TSC want to speak to this? Calvin wonders if we should invite them to a call to educate us on the issues. They should provide a list of requirements to drive this forward (Andy). Ken will invite representatives them to the March 2nd – Anne to add to agenda.
  • FHIR ballot reconciliation: FGB/FMG was going to discuss amongst themselves and then schedule joint meeting with TSC. Add Lorraine/Paul next to it on next agenda.
  • Chair-Elect process: Board reviewed the policy under the GOM. We do need to update the way we go about doing the election – need more transparency. Board will be evaluating and making changes to process.
  • Anne reported on PBS metrics process for idle ballot.
  • Anne to Update Doug Fridsma – he has resigned and update election committee members (Melva to John Roberts)
  • Call adjourned at 11:52 Eastern.

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)

Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

© 2014 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.