2014-11-10 TSC Call Agenda

From HL7 TSC
Jump to navigation Jump to search

TSC Agenda/Minutes

Meeting Info/Attendees

Standing Conference Calls

TSC will hold a Conference Call at 11AM Eastern time, each Monday except during scheduled face-to-face Working Group Meetings unless otherwise noted at TSC_Minutes_and_Agendas.

GoToMeeting at https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/426505829 using VOIP
For those without access to microphone/speakers:
US: +1 (224)501-3318
Canada: +1 (647)497-9379
Italy: +39 0 230 57 81 80
Access Code: 426-505-829
GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829
HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
NEW GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829

Date: 2014-11-10
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Ken McCaslin Note taker(s): Anne Wizauer
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented yes/no
Chair/CTO ArB International Affiliate Rep Ad-Hoc
x Ken McCaslin x Tony Julian x Jean Duteau .
x John Quinn x Lorraine Constable x Giorgio Cangioli .
Domain Experts Foundation and Technology Structure and Semantic Design Technical and Support Services
x Melva Peters Regrets Woody Beeler Regrets Calvin Beebe x Freida Hall
x John Roberts x Paul Knapp x Pat van Dyke x Andy Stechishin
ex officio Invited Guests Observers HL7 Staff
. Stan Huff (HL7 Chair) w/vote x MaryKay McDaniel . obs1 x Anne Wizauer
. Don Mon (Vice Chair) vote . . . obs2 .
. Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote . . . .



  1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
  2. Agenda review and approval -
  3. Approve Minutes of 2014-11-03 TSC Call Agenda


  1. Approval items:
  2. Discussion topics:
    • MaryKay McDaniel will join to discuss implementation timeline for BAM
    • TSC representatives to the Nomination Committee - must identify two candidates before end of year for election in January
  3. Proposals


  1. Review action items
    • Calvin to forward back the naming conventions proposal document to the group for review
    • Paul and Andy to review external links issue
  2. Approval items:
  3. Approval items from e-vote ending 11/7/14 referred for discussion:
  4. Approval Items from e-Vote ending 11/7/14: Approved 5/0/0 with CTO, DESD, T3SD, and 2 Affiliate voting
  5. Discussion topics:

Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)

  1. Open Issues List


Minutes/Conclusions Reached:

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:

  • Minutes review: Minutes accepted as approved.
  • Guest Mary Kay McDaniel here to discuss BAM. Shared PPT presentation regarding issues around timeline for governance. Will we have one governance Board, or two – one for implementation and one for standard? What timeline will we follow? Ken asks if anyone would have a problem with a single governance board across all families, and would that Board be the TSC? Single board would lead to consistency; John R. suggests single governance with separate management. Paul agrees; suggests that we add four positions, one for each product line if we’re going to use the TSC. Pat suggests formalization of governance Board with mission statement/charter. Some concern about overextending volunteers. Ken asks MaryKay to ask her group to put together a mission and charter, plus some pros and cons of TSC owning that responsibility. Action: MaryKay agrees to take it back to the group for consideration. TSC will potentially review draft Sunday night at the TSC meeting in January.
  • FHIR DSTU timeline: Melva and pharmacy group dissatisfied with the current timeline communication and expectations and suggestion that groups that don’t have material done on time will receive resource assistance from outside the WG. Some concerns were addressed late last week with the offer of submitting placeholders instead of full material for December, although some question the value of that. May 2015 is comment only ballot but might be delayed until September. Extended discussion over ballot timelines. Find out what requirements and drivers are. Action: Put question on USRTF agenda: Is there something that ONC is doing that is dependent on the next version of FHIR? Does the ONC have any material requirements for ballot timing for FHIR? Action: Lorraine to take the issue to the FGB for discussion. Action: Paul to discuss with FMG. Action: Put this on the TSC agenda for discussion next week.
  • Use case repository request: what is the general feeling of the group? Paul thinks it would be valuable. Some concern around budgetary restraints and bandwidth. Must also balance with organizational priorities. Will need to gather more information regarding product family/product line as well. Put on Saturday agenda at WG meeting, as well as work going on with tooling strategy (Andy)
  • Discussion regarding e-vote item Project approval request for HL7 Clinical Document Architecture, Release 2.1, for Structured Docs WG of SSD SD, at Project Insight 1150 and TSC Tracker 3676 being backwards compatible. Group came to conclusion that the project is approved but that there may be questions arising around the issue from other groups. Andy moves to approve the PSS with a note that updates to the CDA specification institute a special case and we are approving it to use the RIM and datatypes R1 on that basis. Paul seconds. Anne to forward to WG.
  • TSC reps to the nominating committee: Melva, Freida. Ken will send to the Board. Ken/Anne to add to TSC wiki.
  • next week: FHIR Core WG proposal, ballot approvals for January15. Group to email concerns end of this week in advance of Monday’s call.

Call adjourned at 12:01.

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • MaryKay McDaniel to take recommendation to draft a mission and charter for the BAM governance board to PLA, as well as listing some pros and cons of the TSC owning that responsibility. TSC to potentially review draft Sunday night at January WG meeting.
  • Anne to add question on USRTF agenda: Does the ONC have any material requirements for ballot timing for FHIR?
  • Lorraine to take FHIR DSTU timeline question to FGB for discussion
  • Paul to discuss FHIR DSTU timeline with FMG
  • Put FHIR DSTU timeline issue on Saturday WG TSC meeting agenda, as well as work going on with tooling strategy
  • Add TSC reps to nominating committee to TSC Wiki (Anne/Ken)
  • All: review of ballot approvals for January15; email concerns in advance of 2014-11-17 call
  • Ken/Anne to add TSC reps to the nominating committee to TSC wiki.
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

© 2014 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.