Difference between revisions of "2014-10-27 TSC Call Agenda"

From HL7 TSC
Jump to navigation Jump to search
 
(25 intermediate revisions by 2 users not shown)
Line 30: Line 30:
 
|colspan="2"|Chair/CTO ||colspan="2"|ArB ||colspan="2"|International Affiliate Rep ||colspan="2"|Ad-Hoc
 
|colspan="2"|Chair/CTO ||colspan="2"|ArB ||colspan="2"|International Affiliate Rep ||colspan="2"|Ad-Hoc
 
|-
 
|-
|.||Ken McCaslin||.||Tony Julian||.|| Jean Duteau||.||
+
|x||Ken McCaslin||Regrets||Tony Julian||.|| Jean Duteau||.||
 
|-
 
|-
|.||John Quinn ||.||Lorraine Constable||.|| Giorgio Cangioli||.||
+
|x||John Quinn ||x||Lorraine Constable||x|| Giorgio Cangioli||.||
  
 
|-
 
|-
Line 41: Line 41:
  
 
|-
 
|-
|.||Melva Peters||.||Woody Beeler||.||Calvin Beebe||.||Freida Hall
+
|x||Melva Peters||.||Woody Beeler||x||Calvin Beebe||x||Freida Hall
 
|-
 
|-
|.||John Roberts||.||Paul Knapp||.||Pat van Dyke||.||Andy Stechishin
+
|.||John Roberts||x||Paul Knapp||x||Pat van Dyke||x||Andy Stechishin
 
|-
 
|-
 
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|''ex officio''
 
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|''ex officio''
Line 50: Line 50:
 
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|HL7 Staff
 
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|HL7 Staff
 
|-
 
|-
|.||Stan Huff (HL7 Chair) w/vote||.|| ||.||''obs1''||.||Lynn Laakso
+
|.||Stan Huff (HL7 Chair) w/vote||.|| ||x||Austin Kreisler||.||Lynn Laakso
 
|-
 
|-
|.||Don Mon (Vice Chair) <s>vote</s>||.||.||.||''obs2''||.||Anne Wizauer
+
|.||Don Mon (Vice Chair) <s>vote</s>||.||.||.||''obs2''||x||Anne Wizauer
 
<!--
 
<!--
  
Line 67: Line 67:
 
|colspan="3" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|
 
|colspan="3" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|
 
|}
 
|}
===Agenda===
+
===Agenda/Minutes===
 
'''Housekeeping''' <br/>
 
'''Housekeeping''' <br/>
 +
#*John opened the call at 11:04.
 
#Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
 
#Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
 +
#*Austin Kreisler is a visitor to the call. Austin is here for topic #2 under governance.
 
#Agenda review and approval -
 
#Agenda review and approval -
 +
#*No issues with the agenda.
 
#Approve Minutes of [[2014-10-20 TSC Call Agenda]]
 
#Approve Minutes of [[2014-10-20 TSC Call Agenda]]
 +
#*Paul moves to accept minutes and agenda; John seconds. No objections or abstentions.
 
====Governance====
 
====Governance====
 
<!--  Governance      -->
 
<!--  Governance      -->
Line 78: Line 82:
 
<!--  Governance      -->
 
<!--  Governance      -->
 
<!--  Discussion  -->
 
<!--  Discussion  -->
#Discussion topics:  
+
#Discussion topics:
 +
#*Request by Austin Kreisler to approve publication of the [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=1069 HL7 Implementation Guide for CDA® Release 2: Reporting to Public Health Cancer Registries from Ambulatory Healthcare Providers, Release 1 - US Realm] on a compressed timeline using a past instance of granting the TSC Chair/CTO the authority to approve a publication request when certain criteria were met. This exception is described in the [http://hl7tsc.org/wiki/index.php?title=2012-07-02_TSC_Call_Agenda TSC call meeting minutes] from 2012-07-02. Austin would like the TSC chair or CTO to be able to approve an upcoming publication request as per a previous instance. Pat feels this is reasonable. Paul feels it is a reasonable solution but finds it unfortunate that the situation exists. Melva doesn't disagree with doing it but hopes that it doesn't become a norm. John agrees and states that the group will monitor these requests and if a dramatic increase is seen, Ken/John will bring it back to the TSC for evaluation and discussion.  Calvin moves to accept proposal; Freida seconds. No objections or abstentions.
 +
#Proposals:
 +
#*Group to discuss [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/docmanfileversion/8414/12492/FHIR%20Core%20WG%20Proposal.doc FHIR Core WG proposal] drafted by John and Woody. Paul  states that this has not been through steering division; will go through FTSD on Tuesday of next week so this group will discuss their comments on 11/10 call. Areas of potential concern: 1) in terms of scope, it's a little unclear as to where boundaries exist, but it does appear to overlap with existing committees and 2) there are concerns about where this fits within the organization from a SAIF perspective and a PLA perspective. Need to socialize it through ARB and PLA to get their thoughts regarding impacts on management structure. Perhaps the scope does not warrant creation of another workgroup? Pat wonders if FGB or FMG will go away with the formation of this group. Paul says that is why it would be good for PLA to review. If we have a FHIR workgroup, how do we maintain proper distribution of duties? Who would be responsible for publication and IG? We must be careful not to accidentally strip scope and create new silos to replace old silos. Pat agrees that there are a lot of open questions and refinement that needs to be done. Lorraine asks who will be responsible for communicating what we'd like to see added to the proposal. We should address all of the questions asked this morning in an addendum to the proposal. Melva agrees that we should have all of the information in one place. 
 
====Management====
 
====Management====
 
#Review [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemBrowse&tracker_id=494 action items] –
 
#Review [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemBrowse&tracker_id=494 action items] –
 +
#*Pat to complete her section of the PPT. Pat sent it off to Tony last night and they will review together this week.
 +
#*All: Continue to recruit volunteers for the ARB: Discussion regarding progression of scope of work by tooling workgroup for new product lines vs. mature product lines. We can't look to tooling to build everyone's project, but somebody should be looking at those things that are being done. Tooling is becoming more integrated and we need a more documented analysis of gaps.  FHIR publication processes have been somewhat constrained by our web infrastructure. We have a lack of ability to respond to our own needs. Disconnect between making tactical decisions vs. strategic decisions.
 +
#*Calvin to ensure that reconciliation occurred on the digital signatures vote: Everything is in order; 10 negatives didn't get withdrawn but we're in good shape.
 +
#*Dave to send 3502 to co-chairs for comment: Dave not present; not discussed.
 +
#*Calvin and Pat to review 3283 and add naming conventions: Pat applied Calvin's work to EHR naming conventions. Pat added functional model. Discussed noting constraining factors. Should we be naming the functional profile? Should we be organizing this in this fashion of pointing to the basal profile? Or should we add search functionality so we can find those profiles that are profiles on release 2 as opposed to release 1? The search criteria is one thing; we need some hard rules. Action: Everyone to review the document for next time and provide feedback about carrying the version number or take all the numbers out and let people discover them? Calvin thinks that the functional model and EHR functional model  - what would they map to? EHR model could represent a product family and wouldn't need EHR.
 +
#*Paul and Andy to review 3271 regarding external links: Not discussed
 
<!--    Management      -->
 
<!--    Management      -->
 
<!--    Approvals  -->
 
<!--    Approvals  -->
 
#Approval items:
 
#Approval items:
 +
#*Request to review and endorse the [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/arbgeneral/scmsvn/?action=browse&path=%2F%2Acheckout%2A%2Ftrunk%2FHL7%2520Specification%2520Canonical%2520DAM.docx&revision=12 HL7 Specification: Domain Analysis Model Specifications and Requirements - Canonical Definition, Release 1] for publication on TSC page. No time to discuss; will send out for e-vote.
 
<!--  Management      -->
 
<!--  Management      -->
 
<!--  Discussion  -->
 
<!--  Discussion  -->
 +
<!--
 
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/3657/12476/2015JAN_PSS_CQI_CMillet_FHIR_MeasureReport_revised2.doc Project approval request] for ''Measure Report Profile using FHIR'', for CQI WG of DESD, at [https://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=1140 Project Insight 1140] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=3657&start=0 TSC Tracker 3657]
 
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/3657/12476/2015JAN_PSS_CQI_CMillet_FHIR_MeasureReport_revised2.doc Project approval request] for ''Measure Report Profile using FHIR'', for CQI WG of DESD, at [https://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=1140 Project Insight 1140] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=3657&start=0 TSC Tracker 3657]
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/3660/12482/2014SEP_PSS_CQF_Based_HQMF_IG_Update_20140917.doc Project approval request] for ''CQF-based HQMF Implementation Guide'', for CQI WG of DESD, at [https://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=1142 Project Insight 1142] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=3657&start=0 TSC Tracker 3660]
+
-->
 
+
<!--
 
+
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/3660/12482/2014SEP_PSS_CQF_Based_HQMF_IG_Update_20140917.doc Project approval request] for ''CQF-based HQMF Implementation Guide'', for CQI WG of DESD, at [https://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=1142 Project Insight 1142] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=3660&start=0 TSC Tracker 3660]
 
+
-->
#Discussion topics:  
+
#Discussion topics:
 +
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=3313 Naming Conventions] submitted by Pat - no time to discuss
 
#Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
 
#Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
 
<!-- #WGM Planning - -->
 
<!-- #WGM Planning - -->
 
#[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemBrowse&tracker_id=313 Open Issues List]
 
#[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemBrowse&tracker_id=313 Open Issues List]
 
+
Motion for adjournment by Pat; Lorraine seconds at 11:58 am
===Minutes===
 
'''Minutes/Conclusions Reached:'''<br/>
 
 
 
 
 
'''''Please don't forget to hang up from the conference call '' (VOIP users)'''
 
 
 
  
 
===Next Steps===
 
===Next Steps===
Line 114: Line 124:
  
  
© 2014 Health Level Seven® International.  All rights reserved.
+
© 2014 Health Level Seven® International.  All rights reserved.rights reserved.

Latest revision as of 20:08, 3 November 2014

TSC Agenda/Minutes

Meeting Info/Attendees

Standing Conference Calls

TSC will hold a Conference Call at 11AM Eastern time, each Monday except during scheduled face-to-face Working Group Meetings unless otherwise noted at TSC_Minutes_and_Agendas.

GoToMeeting at https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/426505829 using VOIP
For those without access to microphone/speakers:
US: +1 (224)501-3318
Canada: +1 (647)497-9379
Italy: +39 0 230 57 81 80
Access Code: 426-505-829
GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829
HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
NEW GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829

Date: 2014-10-27
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Ken McCaslin Note taker(s): Anne Wizauer
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented yes/no
Chair/CTO ArB International Affiliate Rep Ad-Hoc
x Ken McCaslin Regrets Tony Julian . Jean Duteau .
x John Quinn x Lorraine Constable x Giorgio Cangioli .
Domain Experts Foundation and Technology Structure and Semantic Design Technical and Support Services
x Melva Peters . Woody Beeler x Calvin Beebe x Freida Hall
. John Roberts x Paul Knapp x Pat van Dyke x Andy Stechishin
ex officio Invited Guests Observers HL7 Staff
. Stan Huff (HL7 Chair) w/vote . x Austin Kreisler . Lynn Laakso
. Don Mon (Vice Chair) vote . . . obs2 x Anne Wizauer
. Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote . . . .

Agenda/Minutes

Housekeeping

    • John opened the call at 11:04.
  1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
    • Austin Kreisler is a visitor to the call. Austin is here for topic #2 under governance.
  2. Agenda review and approval -
    • No issues with the agenda.
  3. Approve Minutes of 2014-10-20 TSC Call Agenda
    • Paul moves to accept minutes and agenda; John seconds. No objections or abstentions.

Governance

  1. Approval items:
  2. Discussion topics:
    • Request by Austin Kreisler to approve publication of the HL7 Implementation Guide for CDA® Release 2: Reporting to Public Health Cancer Registries from Ambulatory Healthcare Providers, Release 1 - US Realm on a compressed timeline using a past instance of granting the TSC Chair/CTO the authority to approve a publication request when certain criteria were met. This exception is described in the TSC call meeting minutes from 2012-07-02. Austin would like the TSC chair or CTO to be able to approve an upcoming publication request as per a previous instance. Pat feels this is reasonable. Paul feels it is a reasonable solution but finds it unfortunate that the situation exists. Melva doesn't disagree with doing it but hopes that it doesn't become a norm. John agrees and states that the group will monitor these requests and if a dramatic increase is seen, Ken/John will bring it back to the TSC for evaluation and discussion. Calvin moves to accept proposal; Freida seconds. No objections or abstentions.
  3. Proposals:
    • Group to discuss FHIR Core WG proposal drafted by John and Woody. Paul states that this has not been through steering division; will go through FTSD on Tuesday of next week so this group will discuss their comments on 11/10 call. Areas of potential concern: 1) in terms of scope, it's a little unclear as to where boundaries exist, but it does appear to overlap with existing committees and 2) there are concerns about where this fits within the organization from a SAIF perspective and a PLA perspective. Need to socialize it through ARB and PLA to get their thoughts regarding impacts on management structure. Perhaps the scope does not warrant creation of another workgroup? Pat wonders if FGB or FMG will go away with the formation of this group. Paul says that is why it would be good for PLA to review. If we have a FHIR workgroup, how do we maintain proper distribution of duties? Who would be responsible for publication and IG? We must be careful not to accidentally strip scope and create new silos to replace old silos. Pat agrees that there are a lot of open questions and refinement that needs to be done. Lorraine asks who will be responsible for communicating what we'd like to see added to the proposal. We should address all of the questions asked this morning in an addendum to the proposal. Melva agrees that we should have all of the information in one place.

Management

  1. Review action items
    • Pat to complete her section of the PPT. Pat sent it off to Tony last night and they will review together this week.
    • All: Continue to recruit volunteers for the ARB: Discussion regarding progression of scope of work by tooling workgroup for new product lines vs. mature product lines. We can't look to tooling to build everyone's project, but somebody should be looking at those things that are being done. Tooling is becoming more integrated and we need a more documented analysis of gaps. FHIR publication processes have been somewhat constrained by our web infrastructure. We have a lack of ability to respond to our own needs. Disconnect between making tactical decisions vs. strategic decisions.
    • Calvin to ensure that reconciliation occurred on the digital signatures vote: Everything is in order; 10 negatives didn't get withdrawn but we're in good shape.
    • Dave to send 3502 to co-chairs for comment: Dave not present; not discussed.
    • Calvin and Pat to review 3283 and add naming conventions: Pat applied Calvin's work to EHR naming conventions. Pat added functional model. Discussed noting constraining factors. Should we be naming the functional profile? Should we be organizing this in this fashion of pointing to the basal profile? Or should we add search functionality so we can find those profiles that are profiles on release 2 as opposed to release 1? The search criteria is one thing; we need some hard rules. Action: Everyone to review the document for next time and provide feedback about carrying the version number or take all the numbers out and let people discover them? Calvin thinks that the functional model and EHR functional model - what would they map to? EHR model could represent a product family and wouldn't need EHR.
    • Paul and Andy to review 3271 regarding external links: Not discussed
  2. Approval items:
  3. Discussion topics:
  4. Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
  5. Open Issues List

Motion for adjournment by Pat; Lorraine seconds at 11:58 am

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


© 2014 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.rights reserved.