2014-09-14 TSC WGM Agenda

From HL7 TSC
Revision as of 23:37, 14 September 2014 by Llaakso (talk | contribs)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to navigation Jump to search

TSC Sunday Evening meeting for 2014Sep WGM

back to TSC Minutes and Agendas

TSC WGM Agenda/Minutes

HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: Conference Room 5D

Date: 2014-09-14
Time: 5:15 PM CDT
Facilitator: Ken McCaslin Note taker(s): Lynn Laakso
Attendee Name Affiliation
x Calvin Beebe HL7 SSD SD Co-Chair
x Woody Beeler HL7 FTSD Co-Chair
x Giorgio Cangioli HL7 Affiliate Representative
x Lorraine Constable HL7 ARB Vice Chair
x Jean Duteau HL7 Affiliate Representative
x Freida Hall HL7 TSS SD Co-Chair
Stan Huff HL7 Board Chair (member ex officio w/ vote)
Chuck Jaffe HL7 CEO (member ex officio w/o vote)
x Tony Julian HL7 ARB Chair
x Paul Knapp HL7 FTSD Co-Chair
x Austin Kreisler (Chair) HL7 Ad-hoc member
x Lynn Laakso (scribe, non-voting) HL7 HQ
Don Mon HL7 Board Vice-Chair (member ex officio w/o vote)
x Melva Peters HL7 DESD Co-Chair
regrets John Quinn HL7 CTO (TSC member ex officio w/vote)
x John Roberts HL7 DESD Co-chair
regrets Andy Stechishin HL7 T3SD Co-Chair
x Pat Van Dyke HL7 SSD SD Co-Chair
x Heather Grain HTA
x David Hay FMG
x Cecil Lynch ARB
x Rene Spronk
x Mary Kay McDaniel
x Katherine Duteau
Quorum Requirements (Co-chair +5 with 2 SD Reps) Met: (yes/No)

Agenda Topics

  1. ArB
  2. BAM
  3. FHIR
  4. CTS2 publication extension expiration
  5. HTA Update: Report by Heather Grain

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:

  • Ken convenes at 6:21 PM
    • Tony reports that ARB did not have quorum
      • The first two steps to the BAM will likely be finished in two weeks
      • Ken notes that we will put it on the October 20 agenda to touch base if they can present on the 27th.
    • Finished definition of a DAM. They will seek a request to publish once they have quorum.
    • Additional membership needed but need TSC to appoint
    • SAIF-CD passed normative ballot; only affirmative comments and questions so that will seek publication as well.
    • No recommendations for John's consideration yet. Ken will mention need for participants on the Monday night meeting.
  • FHIR
    • Lloyd reports they have moved their targets, with a draft for comment in January and DSTU 2 in May.
    • Connectathon went well, almost 70 people.
    • Close to 90 sessions for FHIR this WGM.
    • Melva notes that the timelines are still very challenging and creating a profile using the spreadsheet compared to using the tool that was demonstrated is daunting. Lloyd also reports they will not be running that tutorial any longer for cochairs. Lorraine notes that the Tuesday tutorial still uses Forge.
      • Existing tooling produces content consistent with DSTU1. Content contributors for DSTU2 cannot use the tooling. Customer consumption of our goods, the DSTU1, can use the tooling that exists but the development of content for DSTU2 cannot use that same tool.
      • Tutorial for using the excel tool was recorded two weeks ago and was only posted yesterday. The initial intent was to give cochairs time to review the webinar tutorial and use today's session to dive into questions but it didn't work out. Suggested we email the cochairs list and mention it to the cochairs dinner/meeting that cochairs should have received an email, regarding WG cochairs developing content should review the FHIR profile development webinar on the education portal.
      • Lorraine asks how definitive the profile resource definition is. There are changes pending Lloyd responds. Spreadsheet authoring will be insulated from those. Lorraine suggests communication to profile authors when that is completed.
      • Jean notes that the groups he's in are just trying to realize creation of resources and not even looking at profiles yet. Paul notes that we don't have time to work on resources in serial with profiles. Discussion ensued on whether WGs will understand their scope of work well enough to communicate accurately whether they can get their content done in time.
      • Conflict with outside expectations reviewed
      • If content is not ready for the comment-only ballot it wouldn't be part of the DSTU, which is of concern. Intent is that participants need to be production-ready for March 30 so need to have something of a placeholder for December. Discussion ensued.
      • Pat and Woody arrive
      • Lloyd describes the dependency that the code is generated by the resources, but the profiles do not generate code. Profiles can be balloted separately, also. WGs can put out profiles in a variety of ways, balloting being one of them. Some will be published in the FHIR specification. Others can be published as IGs in any other cycle. FMG has not yet identified criteria for when a profile should be part of the core spec versus some other publication venue. For example, CCDA on FHIR would likely be published outside the spec. Immunization as part of medication administration should be part of core. Permissibility of nesting profiles on other profiles discussed.
      • Lloyd notes that he needs to take back to FMG the criteria for profiles which must be versus nice to have part of the core spec, also that anything not part of core spec can be balloted on its own timelines.
  1. CTS2 publication extension expiration
    • Jean notes that they thought the negatives were unsupported. They are asking for another extension, potentially to run a recirculation ballot on the remaining negatives. Woody suggests we grant an extension for the purpose of a recirculation ballot but otherwise do not grant an extension for them. Motion: Jean moves the TSC grant them an extension for the purposes of initiating a recirculation ballot within the next two weeks seconded by Woody. Vote: Unanimously approved.
  2. HTA Update: Report by Heather Grain
    • Heather arrives and presents her report on the actions they have taken and issues that have arisen
    • Question on whether a standard that refers to a value set that becomes deprecated is invalid was discussed at length. Whether the standard or the affected value set are being used is very difficult to monitor. Status of value sets for V3 is maintained in Rosetree.
    • Calvin asks about a rule that if something is deprecated it must be present in the next release though it's indicated as deprecated.
    • Proposal has gone to John Quinn; Lorraine asks whether they have produced requirements; she asserts they have been sent. Lorraine asks her to send them explicitly to EST. #*Defining content across the products, many sets have been produced for manually uploading the first cut. It has helped identify what they need and what the value sets need to be for the content.
    • Lorraine asks what timelines they have identified. They would like to be able to find all uses of a certain set of values within our core products in 6 months.
    • What stage of the V2 cleanup will reduce their four core products to 3? It's getting closer but once they reach a stage of consistency it may not also equate to quality. Ken notes that the reconciliation of interpretation flag in V2 was not completed in V3 for example. Harmonization proposals for each of these items have not been submitted. Heather does not know exactly what the size and number of the items remaining are. Lorraine recounts the work that has been done is non-trivial and isn't done.
    • Value sets tutorial was well received and is being conducted again this cycle.
    • Ken asks if she would continue to report in this slot on Sunday Q5; she agrees.
    • Giorgio asks about the nature of the agreement from HL7 and IHTSDO for SNOMED-CT. There are still misunderstandings and there is a meeting on Tuesday Q2 for clarification. She will provide a summary of that meeting to the TSC. Vocab and HTA thought they could include SNOMED as codes and descriptions but not the relationship elements. Heather has now been told that it is not so. John Quinn will be there but she does not know if Chuck will.

Adjourned 6:35 PM

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items
  • .