Difference between revisions of "2014-09-08 TSC Call Agenda"

From HL7 TSC
Jump to navigation Jump to search
 
(One intermediate revision by the same user not shown)
Line 3: Line 3:
  
 
===Meeting Info/Attendees===
 
===Meeting Info/Attendees===
{{:TSC Meetings}}
+
   [[Category:2014 TSC Minutes]]
   [[Category:2014 TSC Minutes|Agenda Template]]
 
  
 
{|border="1" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0"  
 
{|border="1" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0"  
Line 22: Line 21:
 
|colspan="2"|Chair/CTO ||colspan="2"|ArB ||colspan="2"|International Affiliate Rep ||colspan="2"|Ad-Hoc
 
|colspan="2"|Chair/CTO ||colspan="2"|ArB ||colspan="2"|International Affiliate Rep ||colspan="2"|Ad-Hoc
 
|-
 
|-
|.||Ken McCaslin||.||Tony Julian||.|| Jean Duteau||.||Austin Kreisler
+
|x||Ken McCaslin||x||Tony Julian||.|| Jean Duteau||x||Austin Kreisler
 
|-
 
|-
|.||John Quinn ||.||Lorraine Constable||.|| Giorgio Cangioli||.||
+
|x||John Quinn ||x||Lorraine Constable||.|| Giorgio Cangioli||.||
  
 
|-
 
|-
Line 33: Line 32:
  
 
|-
 
|-
|.||Melva Peters||.||Woody Beeler||.||Calvin Beebe||.||Freida Hall
+
|regrets||Melva Peters||x||Woody Beeler||x||Calvin Beebe||x||Freida Hall
 
|-
 
|-
|.||John Roberts||.||Paul Knapp||.||Pat van Dyke||.||Andy Stechishin
+
|x||John Roberts||x||Paul Knapp||.||Pat van Dyke||x||Andy Stechishin
 
|-
 
|-
 
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|''ex officio''
 
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|''ex officio''
Line 42: Line 41:
 
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|HL7 Staff
 
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|HL7 Staff
 
|-
 
|-
|.||Stan Huff (HL7 Chair) w/vote||.|| ||.||''obs1''||.||Lynn Laakso
+
|.||Stan Huff (HL7 Chair) w/vote||.|| ||x||John Feikema||x||Lynn Laakso
 
|-
 
|-
|.||Don Mon (Vice Chair) <s>vote</s>||.||.||.||''obs2''||.||
+
|.||Don Mon (Vice Chair) <s>vote</s>||.||.||.||''obs2''||x||Dave Hamill
 
|-
 
|-
 
|.||Chuck Jaffe (CEO) <s> vote</s>
 
|.||Chuck Jaffe (CEO) <s> vote</s>
Line 89: Line 88:
 
'''Minutes/Conclusions Reached:'''<br/>
 
'''Minutes/Conclusions Reached:'''<br/>
  
 +
#Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests) Feik is observing in the event there are questions on FHIR and DAF
 +
#Agenda review and approval - Lynn offers a publication request for CTS2
 +
#Approve Minutes of [[2014-08-25 TSC Call Agenda]] - approved by general consent
 +
====Management====
 +
<!--  Discussion  -->
 +
#Discussion topics:
 +
#*Slot in a discussion time to review [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/docmanfileversion/8352/12350/%53%49%20%48%4c%37%20%52%65%76%69%65%77%32%30%31%34%30%39%30%32%2e%70%70%74%78 US Realm SI HL7 presentation] - seeking 40 minutes. Minimum 20 minutes; Feik cannot attend Saturday but arrives midday Monday and will be available through lunch on Thursday. Paul can speak to this on Saturday and this has been assigned as homework.
 +
<!--    Management      -->
 +
<!--    Approvals  -->
 +
#Approval request for discussion:
 +
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/3502/12365/%48%4c%37%20%50%72%6f%6a%65%63%74%20%53%63%6f%70%65%20%53%74%61%74%65%6d%65%6e%74%20%56%32%30%31%35%5f%74%65%6d%70%6c%61%74%65%5f%77%69%74%68%5f%69%6e%73%74%72%75%63%74%69%6f%6e%73%5f%44%52%41%46%54%5f%56%36%2e%64%6f%63 Project scope statement TEMPLATE] for 2015 from Project Services of T3SD at [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=3502&start=0 TSC Tracker 3502], with [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/3502/12364/%32%30%31%35%20%50%53%53%20%53%75%6d%6d%61%72%79%20%6f%66%20%45%64%69%74%73%20%56%33%2e%64%6f%63%78 list of changes]
 +
#**Dave Hamill reviews the document and notes that the bare template without instructions still needs to be developed.
 +
#**Paul asks about the data types backwards compatibility section in 3.l. The intent was learning whether V3 projects are using Datatypes R2B. Discussion ensued. Decided to take out "including data types" and note "for V3 specifications, are you using the current data types" (yes/no with explanation). ACTION ITEM: Woody would provide a URL to current data type version for V3 and Dave will include the link in the instructions to verify use of the DT R2.
 +
#**Ken would also like to remove "don't know". Austin disagrees that the project team may not have made the decision when the project is initiated. For V3 datatypes you might only want yes/no. For DSTU it is not even a requirement, notes Austin. Ken suggests "unknown" instead. This is met with agreement.
 +
#**Austin suggests different phrasing such as implementable/processable e.g. stylesheets, schemas, etc. Group suggests "including schemas, transforms, stylesheets, executable programs, etc." Austin further suggests grouping it with the project risks above. Austin also suggests that Dave make it clear that the risk section repeats so they don't jam them all in one box. Ken suggests you add "if yes, are you preparing a security risk analysis"; Freida responds that it is in the FAQ. Austin notes that they may not know what they are producing yet so yes/no may not be sufficient e.g. unknown and N/A.
 +
#** External vocabulary should be "include/reference" and make it y/n/unk/na
 +
#**section 4 product added specifically for FHIR Implementation Guide but IG is specified in section 5 project intent and will we add IGs for other product families. Remove FHIR Implementation Guide.
 +
#**What about the Logical Model as a product? Add that in. DIM is a V3 construct that could be labeled as such. For a new product family/definition please describe:
 +
#**Project Approval Dates - add Affiliate to US Realm TF approval date.
 +
#**Being over time, discussion concluded to be resumed on Saturday,
 +
#Lynn reports some issues with normative ballots: current ballot levels not meeting quorum, CTS2 publication not ready, aECG reaffirmation. Paul notes we may want to remind cochairs on the Monday night of the 5 year issues and Steering Divisions can reinforce to WGs about the realm-specific projects go to task force first.
 +
 +
adjourned 12:11 PM
  
'''''Please don't forget to hang up from the conference call '' (VOIP users)'''
+
 
 +
#Approval items from e-vote: voting 6/0/0 with 2 Affiliate, ARB, DESD, SSD SD, T3SD
 +
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/3479/12343/%48%4c%37%5f%50%72%6f%6a%65%63%74%5f%53%63%6f%70%65%5f%53%74%61%74%65%6d%65%6e%74%5f%50%61%74%69%65%6e%74%2d%46%72%69%65%6e%64%6c%79%5f%53%65%63%75%72%69%74%79%5f%61%6e%64%5f%50%72%69%76%61%63%79%5f%4e%61%74%75%72%61%6c%5f%4c%61%6e%67%75%61%67%65%5f%66%6f%72%5f%43%6f%6e%73%65%6e%74%5f%44%69%72%65%63%74%69%76%65%73%5f%55%53%52%54%46%2e%64%6f%63%78 Project Scope Statement] of ''HL7 Patient-friendly language for Security and Privacy for Consent Directives'' for CBCC WG of DESD cosponsored by Security WG of FTSD at [https://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=1130 Project Insight ID 1130] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=3479&start=0 TSC Tracker 3479]
 +
#**[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/3479/12346/%48%4c%37%5f%50%72%6f%6a%65%63%74%5f%53%63%6f%70%65%5f%53%74%61%74%65%6d%65%6e%74%5f%50%61%74%69%65%6e%74%2d%46%72%69%65%6e%64%6c%79%5f%53%65%63%75%72%69%74%79%5f%61%6e%64%5f%50%72%69%76%61%63%79%5f%4e%61%74%75%72%61%6c%5f%4c%61%6e%67%75%61%67%65%5f%66%6f%72%5f%43%6f%6e%73%65%6e%74%5f%44%69%72%65%63%74%69%76%65%73%5f%46%4d%47%2e%64%6f%63%78 updated Project scope statement] as reviewed by FMG
 +
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/3347/12325/%32%30%31%34%53%45%50%5f%50%53%53%5f%43%51%49%5f%4c%4d%5f%66%6f%72%5f%51%49%5f%55%53%52%65%61%6c%6d%54%46%32%30%31%34%30%38%31%39%2e%64%6f%63 Project Approval request] of ''Harmonization of Health Quality Information Models – Logical Model '' for CQI WG of DESD cosponsored by CDS WG of SSD SD at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=1127 Project Insight #1127] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=3347&start=0 TSC Tracker #3347]
 +
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/3481/12342/%48%4c%37%5f%50%75%62%6c%69%63%61%74%69%6f%6e%5f%52%65%71%75%65%73%74%5f%52%43%52%49%4d%5f%20%53%74%75%64%79%20%50%61%72%74%69%63%69%70%61%74%69%6f%6e%20%49%47%2e%64%6f%63%78 Informative Publication request] of ''HL7 Version 3 Implementation Guide: Regulated Studies; CDISC Content to Message - Study Participation, Release 1'' for RCRIM WG of DESD at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=205 Project Insight #205] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=3481&start=0 TSC Tracker #3481]
 +
<!--  Management      -->
 +
#For e-vote:
 +
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/3493/12347/%48%4c%37%5f%50%75%62%6c%69%63%61%74%69%6f%6e%5f%52%65%71%75%65%73%74%5f%43%44%41%5f%49%47%5f%44%65%61%74%68%45%48%52%5f%56%52%2e%64%6f%63%78 DSTU Publication Request] for ''HL7 Implementation Guide for CDA® Release 2: Reporting Death Info from the EHR to Vital Records, R1 (US Realm)'' for PHER WG of DESD requesting DSTU publication for 24 months at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=859 Project Insight #859] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=3493&start=0 TSC Tracker #3493].
  
  

Latest revision as of 16:12, 8 September 2014

TSC Agenda/Minutes

Meeting Info/Attendees

HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
NEW GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829

Date: 2014-09-08
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Ken McCaslin Note taker(s): Lynn Laakso
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented yes/no
Chair/CTO ArB International Affiliate Rep Ad-Hoc
x Ken McCaslin x Tony Julian . Jean Duteau x Austin Kreisler
x John Quinn x Lorraine Constable . Giorgio Cangioli .
Domain Experts Foundation and Technology Structure and Semantic Design Technical and Support Services
regrets Melva Peters x Woody Beeler x Calvin Beebe x Freida Hall
x John Roberts x Paul Knapp . Pat van Dyke x Andy Stechishin
ex officio Invited Guests Observers HL7 Staff
. Stan Huff (HL7 Chair) w/vote . x John Feikema x Lynn Laakso
. Don Mon (Vice Chair) vote . . . obs2 x Dave Hamill
. Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote . . . .

Agenda

Housekeeping

  1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
  2. Agenda review and approval -
  3. Approve Minutes of 2014-08-25 TSC Call Agenda

Management

  1. Review action items
  2. Approval request for discussion:
  3. Approval items from e-vote: voting 6/0/0 with 2 Affiliate, ARB, DESD, SSD SD, T3SD
  4. For e-vote:
  5. Discussion topics:
  6. Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
  7. Open Issues List

Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:

  1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests) Feik is observing in the event there are questions on FHIR and DAF
  2. Agenda review and approval - Lynn offers a publication request for CTS2
  3. Approve Minutes of 2014-08-25 TSC Call Agenda - approved by general consent

Management

  1. Discussion topics:
    • Slot in a discussion time to review US Realm SI HL7 presentation - seeking 40 minutes. Minimum 20 minutes; Feik cannot attend Saturday but arrives midday Monday and will be available through lunch on Thursday. Paul can speak to this on Saturday and this has been assigned as homework.
  2. Approval request for discussion:
    • Project scope statement TEMPLATE for 2015 from Project Services of T3SD at TSC Tracker 3502, with list of changes
      • Dave Hamill reviews the document and notes that the bare template without instructions still needs to be developed.
      • Paul asks about the data types backwards compatibility section in 3.l. The intent was learning whether V3 projects are using Datatypes R2B. Discussion ensued. Decided to take out "including data types" and note "for V3 specifications, are you using the current data types" (yes/no with explanation). ACTION ITEM: Woody would provide a URL to current data type version for V3 and Dave will include the link in the instructions to verify use of the DT R2.
      • Ken would also like to remove "don't know". Austin disagrees that the project team may not have made the decision when the project is initiated. For V3 datatypes you might only want yes/no. For DSTU it is not even a requirement, notes Austin. Ken suggests "unknown" instead. This is met with agreement.
      • Austin suggests different phrasing such as implementable/processable e.g. stylesheets, schemas, etc. Group suggests "including schemas, transforms, stylesheets, executable programs, etc." Austin further suggests grouping it with the project risks above. Austin also suggests that Dave make it clear that the risk section repeats so they don't jam them all in one box. Ken suggests you add "if yes, are you preparing a security risk analysis"; Freida responds that it is in the FAQ. Austin notes that they may not know what they are producing yet so yes/no may not be sufficient e.g. unknown and N/A.
      • External vocabulary should be "include/reference" and make it y/n/unk/na
      • section 4 product added specifically for FHIR Implementation Guide but IG is specified in section 5 project intent and will we add IGs for other product families. Remove FHIR Implementation Guide.
      • What about the Logical Model as a product? Add that in. DIM is a V3 construct that could be labeled as such. For a new product family/definition please describe:
      • Project Approval Dates - add Affiliate to US Realm TF approval date.
      • Being over time, discussion concluded to be resumed on Saturday,
  3. Lynn reports some issues with normative ballots: current ballot levels not meeting quorum, CTS2 publication not ready, aECG reaffirmation. Paul notes we may want to remind cochairs on the Monday night of the 5 year issues and Steering Divisions can reinforce to WGs about the realm-specific projects go to task force first.

adjourned 12:11 PM


  1. Approval items from e-vote: voting 6/0/0 with 2 Affiliate, ARB, DESD, SSD SD, T3SD
  2. For e-vote:


Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


© 2014 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.