Difference between revisions of "2014-08-04 TSC Call Agenda"

From HL7 TSC
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Line 17: Line 17:
 
{|border="1" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0"  
 
{|border="1" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0"  
 
|colspan="4" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"| Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented
 
|colspan="4" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"| Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"| '''yes/no'''
+
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"| '''yes'''
 
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|
 
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|
 
|-
 
|-
 
|colspan="2"|Chair/CTO ||colspan="2"|ArB ||colspan="2"|International Affiliate Rep ||colspan="2"|Ad-Hoc
 
|colspan="2"|Chair/CTO ||colspan="2"|ArB ||colspan="2"|International Affiliate Rep ||colspan="2"|Ad-Hoc
 
|-
 
|-
|.||Ken McCaslin||tardy||Tony Julian||.|| Jean Duteau||regrets||Austin Kreisler
+
|x||Ken McCaslin||x||Tony Julian||2nd half|| Jean Duteau||regrets||Austin Kreisler
 
|-
 
|-
|.||John Quinn ||regrets||Lorraine Constable||regrets|| Giorgio Cangioli||.||
+
|x||John Quinn ||briefly||Lorraine Constable||regrets|| Giorgio Cangioli||.||
  
 
|-
 
|-
Line 33: Line 33:
  
 
|-
 
|-
|.||Melva Peters||.||Woody Beeler||.||Calvin Beebe||.||Freida Hall
+
|x||Melva Peters||x||Woody Beeler||x||Calvin Beebe||x||Freida Hall
 
|-
 
|-
|.||John Roberts||.||Paul Knapp||.||Pat van Dyke||.||Andy Stechishin
+
|x||John Roberts||x||Paul Knapp||x||Pat van Dyke||x||Andy Stechishin
 
|-
 
|-
 
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|''ex officio''
 
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|''ex officio''
Line 42: Line 42:
 
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|HL7 Staff
 
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|HL7 Staff
 
|-
 
|-
|.||Stan Huff (HL7 Chair) w/vote||.|| ||.||''obs1''||.||Lynn Laakso
+
|.||Stan Huff (HL7 Chair) w/vote||.|| ||x||Scott Robertson||x||Lynn Laakso
 
|-
 
|-
|.||Don Mon (Vice Chair) <s>vote</s>||.||.||.||''obs2''||.||
+
|.||Don Mon (Vice Chair) <s>vote</s>||.||.||x||Lloyd McKenzie||x||Don Lloyd
 
|-
 
|-
 
|.||Chuck Jaffe (CEO) <s> vote</s>
 
|.||Chuck Jaffe (CEO) <s> vote</s>
Line 58: Line 58:
 
#Agenda review and approval -
 
#Agenda review and approval -
 
#Approve Minutes of [[2014-07-28 TSC Call Agenda]]
 
#Approve Minutes of [[2014-07-28 TSC Call Agenda]]
<!-- ====Governance====
 
  Governance      -->
 
<!--    Approvals
 
#Approval items: -->
 
<!--  Governance      -->
 
<!--  Discussion
 
#Discussion topics:  -->
 
 
====Management====
 
====Management====
 
#Review [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemBrowse&tracker_id=494 action items] –
 
#Review [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemBrowse&tracker_id=494 action items] –
Line 131: Line 124:
 
===Minutes===
 
===Minutes===
 
'''Minutes/Conclusions Reached:'''<br/>
 
'''Minutes/Conclusions Reached:'''<br/>
 +
Ken convenes 11:00 AM
 +
#Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests) Scott Robertson here about a pharmacy item
 +
#Agenda review and approval -
 +
#Approve Minutes of [[2014-07-28 TSC Call Agenda]] approved by general consent
 +
====Management====
 +
#Review [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemBrowse&tracker_id=494 action items] –
 +
#*Paul will edit and bring back updates to our [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/3283/12140/%47%4f%4d%5f%44%6f%63%75%6d%65%6e%74%5f%6e%61%6d%69%6e%67%5f%75%70%64%61%74%65%73%5f%54%53%43%5f%32%30%31%34%30%36%33%30%2e%64%6f%63%78 naming conventions and DSTU release guidance]. (Tracker [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=3283&start=0 3283])
 +
#**Review Paul’s document, the spreadsheet and minutes from the WGM in preparation for final approval of ballot titles and ballot inclusion for August 4.
 +
#***FMG reviewed FHIR Naming with minor clarifications. It matches the SDC for comment only ballot.
 +
#***Freida reminds the group that TSC resolved to not use "specification" at the May WGM. Specification is an explicit set of requirements to be satisfied by a material product or service, as the SAIF definition. GOM refers to "protocol specification" which encompasses every artifact HL7 produces.
 +
#***Review again on 8/18.
 +
#*Woody will craft a motion for the TSC position statement on new projects using R2B - not ready yet.
 +
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2585&start=0 2585] Define list of machine-processable artifacts for membership benefit - Ken will follow up with Stan on who is the Marketing committee chair and the Board's intent with the list - new marketing person may be joining Aug 1 and he will address with her then - not yet.
 +
<!--    Management      -->
 +
<!--  Discussion  -->
 +
#[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/3382/12233/%55%70%64%61%74%65%64%5f%32%30%31%34%53%65%70%20%54%53%43%20%42%61%6c%6c%6f%74%20%41%70%70%72%6f%76%61%6c%73%20%4c%69%73%74%32%30%31%34%30%37%32%31%2e%64%6f%63%78 2014Sep Ballot approval] list
 +
#* Approved (5/0/1)  votes cast by Ad-Hoc, Affiliate, CTO, FTSD, SSD SD, T3SD; HL7 Implementation Guide: Cross-Paradigm Interoperability Implementations (X Paradigm); Immunization, Release 1 (2nd Informative Ballot) – Project Insight ID: 863; Unique Ballot ID: HL7_IG_IZ_XPARADIGM_R1_I2_2014SEP; SOA: Original title was "HL7 Implementation Guide: Immunization; Cross-Paradigm Interoperability Implementations, Release 1" (2012SEP)
 +
#**Negatively voted:[FHall] Suggest we don’t start including (X Paradigm acronym) in titles; Cross-paradigm should proceed Implementation Guide (GOM)
 +
#**Lorraine notes that cross-product versus cross paradigm has not come up in the ARB and we don't have a standard for it. Cross-Paradigm has been added to the GOM (not cross-product).
 +
#**Freida moves we accept the ballot item without the X Paradigm; Paul seconds; unanimously approved. Naming convention reviewed - Woody suggests we proceed and address this with the publication if not at the time of ballot. Leave title HL7 Implementation Guide: Cross-Paradigm Interoperability Implementations; Immunization, Release 1 for ballot.
 +
<!--  Discussion  -->
 +
#* Approved (6/0/0)  votes cast by Ad-Hoc, Affiliate, CTO, FTSD, SSD SD, T3SD; with referrals below by Ad-Hoc, T3SD,
 +
#**HL7 Version 3 Reference Information Model, Release 7 (1st Normative Ballot) – Project Insight ID: 363; Unique Ballot ID: HL7_V3_RIM_R7_N1_2014SEP - MnM: Direct to Normative ballot (ANSI continuous maintenance) - Freida withdraws her referral, passes 6/0/0
 +
#*'''Referred to discussion:'''
 +
#**HL7 Domain Information Model: Clinical Genomics, Release 1 (1st Informative Ballot) – Project Insight ID: 1050 Unique Ballot ID: HL7_DIM_CG_R1_I1_2014SEP; CG: This is a new item and requires name approval. Comment: Based on the description in the project, this appears to be a logical model similar to what OO is doing with their Lab Order Logical Specification R1 project below. We need to name these things consistently (AK)
 +
#***Lorraine thinks it was supposed to have been a conceptual model according to the conversation on their lists. Lorraine moves we change it to HL7 Domain Analysis Model: Clinical Genomics, Release 1; Paul seconds; unanimously approved
 +
#**HL7 Version 3 Standard: Common Product Model (CPM) CMETs, Release 2 (1st Normative Ballot) – Project Insight ID: 1114; Unique Ballot ID: V3_CPM_CMET_R2_N1_2014SEP; OO/RCRIM: Direct to Normative ballot; Release 1 passed ballot in May 2013 and a normative publication request has been submitted.  This material is being balloted in coordination with the SPL R6 ballot. Freida withdraws her referral and votes affirmative.
 +
#**HL7 Version 3 Standard: Structured Product Labeling (SPL), Release 6 (1st Normative Ballot) – Project Insight ID: 1114; Unique Ballot ID:  V3_SPL_R6_N1_2014SEP; RCRIM/OO: Direct to Normative ballot; Release 1 passed ballot in May 2014 and a normative publication request has been submitted.  This material is being balloted in coordination with the CPM CMETs R2 ballot. Freida withdraws her referral and votes affirmative.
 +
<!--  Discussion  -->
 +
#**Below ballot titles referred for use of ”Specification” – Freida withdraws her referral and votes affirmative.
 +
#***HL7 Service-Aware Interoperability Framework: Canonical Definition Specification, Release 2 (1st Normative Ballot) – Project Insight ID: 807-Unique Ballot ID: SAIF_CANON_R2_N1_2014SEP; ARB: current DSTU expired 5/14 and has been extended.
 +
#***HL7 Specification: Characteristics of a Value Set Definition, Release 1 (1st DSTU Ballot) – Project Insight ID: 1047; Unique Ballot ID: HL7_SPEC_VALUESETDEF_R1_N1_2014SEP - Vocab/MnM: requires name approval
 +
#***HL7 Version 3 Standard: XML Implementation Technology Specification - V3 Structures 1.1, Release 1 (1st Normative Ballot) – Project Insight ID: 335; Unique Ballot ID: V3_XMLITSSTR1.1_R1_N1_2014SEP; ITS: Current DSTU set to expire in September 2014 (FHall - Do we need “V3 Structures” in title?)
 +
#***HL7 Version 3 Specification: Event Publish & Subscribe Service Interface, Release 1 – US Realm (1st DSTU Ballot) – Project Insight ID: 1051; Unique Ballot ID: V3_SOA_EPSSRVINT_R1_D1_2014SEP - SOA
 +
#***HL7 Version 3 Specification: Ordering Service Interface, Release 1 (1st DSTU Ballot) – Project Insight ID: 1010; Unique Ballot ID: V3_SPEC_ORDERSRVINT_R1_D1_2014SEP - SOA
 +
#***HL7 Version 3 Specification: Unified Communication Service Interface, Release 1 – US Realm (1st DSTU Ballot) – Project Insight ID: 1052; Unique Ballot ID: V3_SOA_UCSRVINT_R1_D1_2014SEP - SOA
 +
#**Change CrossProduct to Cross-paradigm (per GOM, which was a TSC change)
 +
#***HL7 CrossProduct Standard: Transmission of HL7 Artifacts Using HTTP 1.1, Release 1 (1st DSTU Ballot) – Project Insight ID: 1007; Unique Ballot ID: HL7_ARTTRANS_HTTP1.1_R1_D1_2014SEP - ITS:
 +
#****Paul moves we change name to Cross-paradigm; Andy seconds. Unanimously approved. Paul further moves we standardize on "Cross-paradigm" for Cross-Paradigm or cross-product in the other ballot items, seconded by Lorraine. Unanimously approved
 +
<!--  Discussion  -->
 +
#New approval requests for e-vote:
 +
#* [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/3427/12246/%46%48%49%52%20%44%53%54%55%20%50%53%53%2d%32%30%31%34%30%37%33%30%2e%64%6f%63 Project approval request] of ''FHIR 2nd DSTU Ballot'' for CQI WG of DESD cosponsored by FMG at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=1123 Project Insight #1123] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=3427&start=0 TSC Tracker #3427] - pending simultaneous review with US Realm Task Force
 +
#* [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/3426/12245/%48%4c%37%5f%50%75%62%6c%69%63%61%74%69%6f%6e%5f%52%65%71%75%65%73%74%5f%46%48%49%52%5f%44%53%54%55%52%31%2e%32%2e%64%6f%63%78 DSTU update publication approval request] of ''FHIR DSTU R1.2'' for FMG at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=891 Project Insight #891] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=3426&start=0 TSC Tracker #3426]
 +
#* [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/3432/12251/%42%52%49%44%47%20%76%34%20%30%20%42%61%6c%6c%6f%74%69%6e%67%20%50%53%53%5f%76%31%20%31%32%2d%46%69%6e%61%6c%2e%64%6f%63 Project approval request] of ''Balloting of BRIDG model v4.0'' for BRIDG WG of DESD at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=1120 Project Insight #1120] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=3432&start=0 TSC Tracker #3432]
 +
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/3346/12080/%50%53%53%5f%51%44%4d%62%61%73%65%64%48%51%4d%46%52%32%2e%31%49%47%5f%76%32%30%31%31%5f%75%70%64%61%74%65%73%5f%4d%61%79%32%30%31%33%5f%66%69%6e%61%6c%2e%64%6f%63 Project Update request] of ''Health Quality Measure Format (HQMF) Implementation Guide'' for CQI WG of DESD cosponsored by SDWG and CDS WG of SSD SD at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=756 Project Insight # 756] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=3346&start=0 TSC Tracker #3346] (approved by US Realm Task Force 7/9)
 +
<!--    Approvals  -->
 +
#Approval items from e-vote: 6/0/0 by Ad-Hoc, Affiliate, CTO, FTSD, SSD SD and T3SD
 +
#**[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/3365/12129/%48%4c%37%20%46%48%49%52%20%50%72%6f%6a%65%63%74%20%53%63%6f%70%65%20%53%74%61%74%65%6d%65%6e%74%20%76%32%30%31%33%2e%31%5f%46%48%49%52%5f%49%6d%6d%75%6e%69%7a%61%74%69%6f%6e%5f%32%30%31%34%4a%75%6e%65%2e%64%6f%63 Project approval request] of ''Develop Immunization-related FHIR resources for DSTU 2 (PHER)'' for PHER WG of DESD at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=1119 Project Insight # 1119] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=3365&start=0 TSC Tracker #3365]
 +
#**[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/3366/12130/%48%4c%37%20%46%48%49%52%20%50%72%6f%6a%65%63%74%20%53%63%6f%70%65%20%53%74%61%74%65%6d%65%6e%74%20%76%32%30%31%33%2e%31%5f%63%6c%69%6e%69%63%61%6c%47%65%6e%6f%6d%69%63%73%5f%47%65%6e%65%74%69%63%56%61%72%69%61%6e%74%5f%47%65%6e%65%74%69%63%46%61%6d%69%6c%79%48%69%73%74%6f%72%79%5f%76%32%2e%64%6f%63 Project Approval request] of ''Develop FHIR resources for Clinical Genomics'' for CG WG of DESD at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=1110 Project Insight # 1110] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=3366&start=0 TSC Tracker #3366]
 +
#**[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/3345/12073/%4f%4f%20%46%48%49%52%20%44%53%54%55%20%4d%61%69%6e%74%65%6e%61%6e%63%65%20%50%53%53%20%32%30%31%34%30%35%32%33%2e%64%6f%63 Project Approval request] of ''OO FHIR DSTU Monitoring and Maintenance'' for OO WG of SSD SD at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=1115 Project Insight # 1115] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=3345&start=0 TSC Tracker #3345]
 +
#**[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/3344/12072/%4f%4f%20%46%48%49%52%20%4c%61%62%20%4f%72%64%65%72%73%20%50%53%53%2e%64%6f%63 Project Approval (update) request] of ''Lab Order Logical Specification R1'' (OO FHIR Lab Orders) for OO WG of SSD SD at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=1068 Project Insight # 1068] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=3344&start=0 TSC Tracker #3344]
 +
#**[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/3343/12071/%49%6d%61%67%69%6e%67%20%46%48%49%52%20%52%65%73%6f%75%72%63%65%73%20%50%53%53%20%32%30%31%34%30%35%32%33%2e%64%6f%63 Project Approval request] of ''Develop imaging-related FHIR resources for the second DSTU release for II WG of SSD SD at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=1107 Project Insight # 1107] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=3343&start=0 TSC Tracker #3343]
 +
#**[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/3278/12005/%48%4c%37%46%48%49%52%2d%50%53%53%5f%48%43%44%2d%44%65%76%69%63%65%41%6c%61%72%6d%5f%61%6e%64%5f%43%6f%6e%74%72%6f%6c%5f%32%30%31%34%2d%30%34%2d%33%30%5f%48%43%44%57%47%2d%64%72%61%66%74%5f%76%30%37%2e%64%6f%63 Project Approval request] of ''Health Care Devices to Develop FHIR resources and profiles for the second DSTU release'' for Health Care Devices WG of DESD at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=1103 Project Insight # 1103] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=3278&start=0 TSC Tracker #3278]
 +
<!--  Discussion  -->
 +
<!--  Management      -->
 +
<!--  Discussion  -->
 +
#Discussion topics:
 +
#*updated [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/3227/12190/%48%4c%37%48%65%6c%70%44%65%73%6b%53%75%70%70%6f%72%74%5f%57%47%5f%45%6e%67%61%67%65%6d%65%6e%74%5f%32%30%31%34%30%36%31%39%5f%44%52%41%46%54%5f%76%31%2e%31%61%5f%61%6a%6b%2e%64%6f%63 Help Desk engagement with WGs] document (Tracker [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=3227&start=0 3227]) review for approval discussion on August 4 (after Ken returns)
 +
#**Lorraine describes the prior review with Austin and deferring responsibility from WG cochairs, to the Work Groups. John R notes that the WG can choose to have the cochairs as the liaison or select another liaison.
 +
#**JohnQ moves and John R seconds approval of the document; unanimously approved. Ken will move the document forward and send to the Help Desk. Slides updated.
 +
#*Status of UDI problem identification and response between HL7 and GS1 (P. Knapp)
 +
#**Paul heard back from GS1 last Monday with feedback on his proposal on how they could serialize it. Christian has referred the document with edits to his people for further comment. Paul is heartened that it was not rejected out of hand… JohnQ notes that JIC was pleased to hear there was a resolution in proposal. Paul also sent something to the FDA to suggest that everyone send in the same manner, but has not heard back. He still plans to review at the 2014Sep meeting and will try to find a time once he hears from Leslie Tompkins on her schedule. JohnQ may also speak to her at the Advisory Council meeting next week.
 +
#*Review summary of the [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/docmanfileversion/8298/12170/%43%6f%6e%66%6f%72%6d%61%6e%63%65%54%65%73%74%69%6e%67%53%75%72%76%65%79%53%75%6d%6d%61%72%79%5f%30%36%33%30%32%30%31%34%2e%70%64%66 conformance testing survey] results reviewed. Perceived conflicts with NIST work reviewed. '''Motion: ''' Next Conformance testing should be CCDA as specified in MU2, as moved by JohnQ seconded by Woody. Pat asks if the conformance testing will require interoperability with Direct. That's not felt to be necessary as the Aegis tool would simulate an HIE on the other side. The details of the implementation will have to be worked out. Core conformance is the content of the message (payload) not how it gets there (exchange). Paul refers to question 9. Melva points out that it is the same as before. Vote: 6/0/1 Jean abstains. Discuss further in Chicago
  
 
+
Adjourned 12:00 pm
'''''Please don't forget to hang up from the conference call '' (VOIP users)'''
 
 
 
  
 
===Next Steps===
 
===Next Steps===

Revision as of 16:04, 4 August 2014

TSC Agenda/Minutes

Meeting Info/Attendees

Standing Conference Calls

TSC will hold a Conference Call at 11AM Eastern time, each Monday except during scheduled face-to-face Working Group Meetings unless otherwise noted at TSC_Minutes_and_Agendas.

GoToMeeting at https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/426505829 using VOIP
For those without access to microphone/speakers:
US: +1 (224)501-3318
Canada: +1 (647)497-9379
Italy: +39 0 230 57 81 80
Access Code: 426-505-829
GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829
HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
NEW GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829

Date: 2014-08-04
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Ken McCaslin Note taker(s): Lynn Laakso
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented yes
Chair/CTO ArB International Affiliate Rep Ad-Hoc
x Ken McCaslin x Tony Julian 2nd half Jean Duteau regrets Austin Kreisler
x John Quinn briefly Lorraine Constable regrets Giorgio Cangioli .
Domain Experts Foundation and Technology Structure and Semantic Design Technical and Support Services
x Melva Peters x Woody Beeler x Calvin Beebe x Freida Hall
x John Roberts x Paul Knapp x Pat van Dyke x Andy Stechishin
ex officio Invited Guests Observers HL7 Staff
. Stan Huff (HL7 Chair) w/vote . x Scott Robertson x Lynn Laakso
. Don Mon (Vice Chair) vote . . x Lloyd McKenzie x Don Lloyd
. Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote . . . .

Agenda

Housekeeping

  1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
  2. Agenda review and approval -
  3. Approve Minutes of 2014-07-28 TSC Call Agenda

Management

  1. Review action items
    • Paul will edit and bring back updates to our naming conventions and DSTU release guidance. (Tracker 3283)
      • Review Paul’s document, the spreadsheet and minutes from the WGM in preparation for final approval of ballot titles and ballot inclusion for August 4.
      • Suggestion to identify what sort of artifacts a project would produce in the project name (Freida)
    • Woody will craft a motion for the TSC position statement on new projects using R2B - not ready yet
    • 2585 Define list of machine-processable artifacts for membership benefit - Ken will follow up with Stan on who is the Marketing committee chair and the Board's intent with the list - new marketing person may be joining Aug 1 and he will address with her then
  2. 2014Sep Ballot approval list
    • Approved (5/0/1) votes cast by Ad-Hoc, Affiliate, CTO, FTSD, SSD SD, T3SD; HL7 Implementation Guide: Cross-Paradigm Interoperability Implementations (X Paradigm); Immunization, Release 1 (2nd Informative Ballot) – Project Insight ID: 863; Unique Ballot ID: HL7_IG_IZ_XPARADIGM_R1_I2_2014SEP; SOA: Original title was "HL7 Implementation Guide: Immunization; Cross-Paradigm Interoperability Implementations, Release 1" (2012SEP)
      • Negatively voted:[FHall] Suggest we don’t start including (X Paradigm acronym) in titles; Cross-paradigm should proceed Implementation Guide (GOM)
    • Approved (6/0/0) votes cast by Ad-Hoc, Affiliate, CTO, FTSD, SSD SD, T3SD; with referrals below by Ad-Hoc, T3SD,
    Referred to discussion:
      • HL7 Domain Information Model: Clinical Genomics, Release 1 (1st Informative Ballot) – Project Insight ID: 1050 Unique Ballot ID: HL7_DIM_CG_R1_I1_2014SEP; CG: This is a new item and requires name approval. Comment: . Based on the description in the project, this appears to be a logical model similar to what OO is doing with their Lab Order Logical Specification R1 project below. We need to name these things consistently (AK)
      • HL7 Version 3 Reference Information Model, Release 7 (1st Normative Ballot) – Project Insight ID: 363; Unique Ballot ID: HL7_V3_RIM_R7_N1_2014SEP - MnM: Direct to Normative ballot (ANSI continuous maintenance)
      • HL7 Version 3 Standard: Common Product Model (CPM) CMETs, Release 2 (1st Normative Ballot) – Project Insight ID: 1114; Unique Ballot ID: V3_CPM_CMET_R2_N1_2014SEP; OO/RCRIM: Direct to Normative ballot; Release 1 passed ballot in May 2013 and a normative publication request has been submitted. This material is being balloted in coordination with the SPL R6 ballot.
      • HL7 Version 3 Standard: Structured Product Labeling (SPL), Release 6 (1st Normative Ballot) – Project Insight ID: 1114; Unique Ballot ID: V3_SPL_R6_N1_2014SEP; RCRIM/OO: Direct to Normative ballot; Release 1 passed ballot in May 2014 and a normative publication request has been submitted. This material is being balloted in coordination with the CPM CMETs R2 ballot.
      • Below ballot titles referred for use of ”Specification” – TSC previously decided not to use “Specification” at May 2014 WGM; if TSC is reversing its decision to use “Specification” – is the SAIF definition of “Specification” (below) the appropriate definition?
        • HL7 Service-Aware Interoperability Framework: Canonical Definition Specification, Release 2 (1st Normative Ballot) – Project Insight ID: 807-Unique Ballot ID: SAIF_CANON_R2_N1_2014SEP; ARB: current DSTU expired 5/14 and has been extended.
        • HL7 Specification: Characteristics of a Value Set Definition, Release 1 (1st DSTU Ballot) – Project Insight ID: 1047; Unique Ballot ID: HL7_SPEC_VALUESETDEF_R1_N1_2014SEP - Vocab/MnM: requires name approval
        • HL7 Version 3 Standard: XML Implementation Technology Specification - V3 Structures 1.1, Release 1 (1st Normative Ballot) – Project Insight ID: 335; Unique Ballot ID: V3_XMLITSSTR1.1_R1_N1_2014SEP; ITS: Current DSTU set to expire in September 2014 (FHall - Do we need “V3 Structures” in title?)
        • HL7 Version 3 Specification: Event Publish & Subscribe Service Interface, Release 1 – US Realm (1st DSTU Ballot) – Project Insight ID: 1051; Unique Ballot ID: V3_SOA_EPSSRVINT_R1_D1_2014SEP - SOA
        • HL7 Version 3 Specification: Ordering Service Interface, Release 1 (1st DSTU Ballot) – Project Insight ID: 1010; Unique Ballot ID: V3_SPEC_ORDERSRVINT_R1_D1_2014SEP - SOA
        • HL7 Version 3 Specification: Unified Communication Service Interface, Release 1 – US Realm (1st DSTU Ballot) – Project Insight ID: 1052; Unique Ballot ID: V3_SOA_UCSRVINT_R1_D1_2014SEP - SOA
      • Change CrossProduct to Cross-paradigm (per GOM, which was a TSC change)
        • HL7 CrossProduct Standard: Transmission of HL7 Artifacts Using HTTP 1.1, Release 1 (1st DSTU Ballot) – Project Insight ID: 1007; Unique Ballot ID: HL7_ARTTRANS_HTTP1.1_R1_D1_2014SEP - ITS:
  3. New approval requests for e-vote:
  4. Approval items from e-vote: 6/0/0 by Ad-Hoc, Affiliate, CTO, FTSD, SSD SD and T3SD
  5. (Information only) Projects pending input:
  6. Discussion topics:
  7. Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
  8. Open Issues List

Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:
Ken convenes 11:00 AM

  1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests) Scott Robertson here about a pharmacy item
  2. Agenda review and approval -
  3. Approve Minutes of 2014-07-28 TSC Call Agenda approved by general consent

Management

  1. Review action items
    • Paul will edit and bring back updates to our naming conventions and DSTU release guidance. (Tracker 3283)
      • Review Paul’s document, the spreadsheet and minutes from the WGM in preparation for final approval of ballot titles and ballot inclusion for August 4.
        • FMG reviewed FHIR Naming with minor clarifications. It matches the SDC for comment only ballot.
        • Freida reminds the group that TSC resolved to not use "specification" at the May WGM. Specification is an explicit set of requirements to be satisfied by a material product or service, as the SAIF definition. GOM refers to "protocol specification" which encompasses every artifact HL7 produces.
        • Review again on 8/18.
    • Woody will craft a motion for the TSC position statement on new projects using R2B - not ready yet.
    • 2585 Define list of machine-processable artifacts for membership benefit - Ken will follow up with Stan on who is the Marketing committee chair and the Board's intent with the list - new marketing person may be joining Aug 1 and he will address with her then - not yet.
  2. 2014Sep Ballot approval list
    • Approved (5/0/1) votes cast by Ad-Hoc, Affiliate, CTO, FTSD, SSD SD, T3SD; HL7 Implementation Guide: Cross-Paradigm Interoperability Implementations (X Paradigm); Immunization, Release 1 (2nd Informative Ballot) – Project Insight ID: 863; Unique Ballot ID: HL7_IG_IZ_XPARADIGM_R1_I2_2014SEP; SOA: Original title was "HL7 Implementation Guide: Immunization; Cross-Paradigm Interoperability Implementations, Release 1" (2012SEP)
      • Negatively voted:[FHall] Suggest we don’t start including (X Paradigm acronym) in titles; Cross-paradigm should proceed Implementation Guide (GOM)
      • Lorraine notes that cross-product versus cross paradigm has not come up in the ARB and we don't have a standard for it. Cross-Paradigm has been added to the GOM (not cross-product).
      • Freida moves we accept the ballot item without the X Paradigm; Paul seconds; unanimously approved. Naming convention reviewed - Woody suggests we proceed and address this with the publication if not at the time of ballot. Leave title HL7 Implementation Guide: Cross-Paradigm Interoperability Implementations; Immunization, Release 1 for ballot.
    • Approved (6/0/0) votes cast by Ad-Hoc, Affiliate, CTO, FTSD, SSD SD, T3SD; with referrals below by Ad-Hoc, T3SD,
      • HL7 Version 3 Reference Information Model, Release 7 (1st Normative Ballot) – Project Insight ID: 363; Unique Ballot ID: HL7_V3_RIM_R7_N1_2014SEP - MnM: Direct to Normative ballot (ANSI continuous maintenance) - Freida withdraws her referral, passes 6/0/0
    • Referred to discussion:
      • HL7 Domain Information Model: Clinical Genomics, Release 1 (1st Informative Ballot) – Project Insight ID: 1050 Unique Ballot ID: HL7_DIM_CG_R1_I1_2014SEP; CG: This is a new item and requires name approval. Comment: Based on the description in the project, this appears to be a logical model similar to what OO is doing with their Lab Order Logical Specification R1 project below. We need to name these things consistently (AK)
        • Lorraine thinks it was supposed to have been a conceptual model according to the conversation on their lists. Lorraine moves we change it to HL7 Domain Analysis Model: Clinical Genomics, Release 1; Paul seconds; unanimously approved
      • HL7 Version 3 Standard: Common Product Model (CPM) CMETs, Release 2 (1st Normative Ballot) – Project Insight ID: 1114; Unique Ballot ID: V3_CPM_CMET_R2_N1_2014SEP; OO/RCRIM: Direct to Normative ballot; Release 1 passed ballot in May 2013 and a normative publication request has been submitted. This material is being balloted in coordination with the SPL R6 ballot. Freida withdraws her referral and votes affirmative.
      • HL7 Version 3 Standard: Structured Product Labeling (SPL), Release 6 (1st Normative Ballot) – Project Insight ID: 1114; Unique Ballot ID: V3_SPL_R6_N1_2014SEP; RCRIM/OO: Direct to Normative ballot; Release 1 passed ballot in May 2014 and a normative publication request has been submitted. This material is being balloted in coordination with the CPM CMETs R2 ballot. Freida withdraws her referral and votes affirmative.
      • Below ballot titles referred for use of ”Specification” – Freida withdraws her referral and votes affirmative.
        • HL7 Service-Aware Interoperability Framework: Canonical Definition Specification, Release 2 (1st Normative Ballot) – Project Insight ID: 807-Unique Ballot ID: SAIF_CANON_R2_N1_2014SEP; ARB: current DSTU expired 5/14 and has been extended.
        • HL7 Specification: Characteristics of a Value Set Definition, Release 1 (1st DSTU Ballot) – Project Insight ID: 1047; Unique Ballot ID: HL7_SPEC_VALUESETDEF_R1_N1_2014SEP - Vocab/MnM: requires name approval
        • HL7 Version 3 Standard: XML Implementation Technology Specification - V3 Structures 1.1, Release 1 (1st Normative Ballot) – Project Insight ID: 335; Unique Ballot ID: V3_XMLITSSTR1.1_R1_N1_2014SEP; ITS: Current DSTU set to expire in September 2014 (FHall - Do we need “V3 Structures” in title?)
        • HL7 Version 3 Specification: Event Publish & Subscribe Service Interface, Release 1 – US Realm (1st DSTU Ballot) – Project Insight ID: 1051; Unique Ballot ID: V3_SOA_EPSSRVINT_R1_D1_2014SEP - SOA
        • HL7 Version 3 Specification: Ordering Service Interface, Release 1 (1st DSTU Ballot) – Project Insight ID: 1010; Unique Ballot ID: V3_SPEC_ORDERSRVINT_R1_D1_2014SEP - SOA
        • HL7 Version 3 Specification: Unified Communication Service Interface, Release 1 – US Realm (1st DSTU Ballot) – Project Insight ID: 1052; Unique Ballot ID: V3_SOA_UCSRVINT_R1_D1_2014SEP - SOA
      • Change CrossProduct to Cross-paradigm (per GOM, which was a TSC change)
        • HL7 CrossProduct Standard: Transmission of HL7 Artifacts Using HTTP 1.1, Release 1 (1st DSTU Ballot) – Project Insight ID: 1007; Unique Ballot ID: HL7_ARTTRANS_HTTP1.1_R1_D1_2014SEP - ITS:
          • Paul moves we change name to Cross-paradigm; Andy seconds. Unanimously approved. Paul further moves we standardize on "Cross-paradigm" for Cross-Paradigm or cross-product in the other ballot items, seconded by Lorraine. Unanimously approved
  3. New approval requests for e-vote:
  4. Approval items from e-vote: 6/0/0 by Ad-Hoc, Affiliate, CTO, FTSD, SSD SD and T3SD
  5. Discussion topics:
    • updated Help Desk engagement with WGs document (Tracker 3227) review for approval discussion on August 4 (after Ken returns)
      • Lorraine describes the prior review with Austin and deferring responsibility from WG cochairs, to the Work Groups. John R notes that the WG can choose to have the cochairs as the liaison or select another liaison.
      • JohnQ moves and John R seconds approval of the document; unanimously approved. Ken will move the document forward and send to the Help Desk. Slides updated.
    • Status of UDI problem identification and response between HL7 and GS1 (P. Knapp)
      • Paul heard back from GS1 last Monday with feedback on his proposal on how they could serialize it. Christian has referred the document with edits to his people for further comment. Paul is heartened that it was not rejected out of hand… JohnQ notes that JIC was pleased to hear there was a resolution in proposal. Paul also sent something to the FDA to suggest that everyone send in the same manner, but has not heard back. He still plans to review at the 2014Sep meeting and will try to find a time once he hears from Leslie Tompkins on her schedule. JohnQ may also speak to her at the Advisory Council meeting next week.
    • Review summary of the conformance testing survey results reviewed. Perceived conflicts with NIST work reviewed. Motion: Next Conformance testing should be CCDA as specified in MU2, as moved by JohnQ seconded by Woody. Pat asks if the conformance testing will require interoperability with Direct. That's not felt to be necessary as the Aegis tool would simulate an HIE on the other side. The details of the implementation will have to be worked out. Core conformance is the content of the message (payload) not how it gets there (exchange). Paul refers to question 9. Melva points out that it is the same as before. Vote: 6/0/1 Jean abstains. Discuss further in Chicago

Adjourned 12:00 pm

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


© 2014 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.