Difference between revisions of "2014-06-23 TSC Call Agenda"

From HL7 TSC
Jump to navigation Jump to search
 
(21 intermediate revisions by 2 users not shown)
Line 12: Line 12:
 
|-
 
|-
 
| width="0%" colspan="2" align="right"|'''Facilitator''': Ken McCaslin
 
| width="0%" colspan="2" align="right"|'''Facilitator''': Ken McCaslin
| width="0%" colspan="1" align="right"|'''Note taker(s)''': Lynn Laakso
+
| width="0%" colspan="1" align="right"|'''Note taker(s)''': Dave Hamill
 
|}
 
|}
  
 
{|border="1" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0"  
 
{|border="1" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0"  
 
|colspan="4" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"| Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented
 
|colspan="4" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"| Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"| '''yes/no'''
+
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"| '''yes'''
 
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|
 
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|
 
|-
 
|-
 
|colspan="2"|Chair/CTO ||colspan="2"|ArB ||colspan="2"|International Affiliate Rep ||colspan="2"|Ad-Hoc
 
|colspan="2"|Chair/CTO ||colspan="2"|ArB ||colspan="2"|International Affiliate Rep ||colspan="2"|Ad-Hoc
 
|-
 
|-
|.||Ken McCaslin||.||Tony Julian||.|| Jean Duteau||.||Austin Kreisler
+
|X||Ken McCaslin||.||Tony Julian||.|| Jean Duteau||X||Austin Kreisler
 
|-
 
|-
|.||John Quinn ||.||Lorraine Constable||.|| Giorgio Cangioli||.||
+
|X||John Quinn ||X||Lorraine Constable||.|| Giorgio Cangioli||.||
  
 
|-
 
|-
Line 33: Line 33:
  
 
|-
 
|-
|.||Melva Peters||.||Woody Beeler||.||Calvin Beebe||.||Freida Hall
+
|X||Melva Peters||X||Woody Beeler||Regrets||Calvin Beebe||X||Freida Hall
 
|-
 
|-
|.||John Roberts||.||Paul Knapp||.||Pat van Dyke||.||Andy Stechishin
+
|X||John Roberts||X||Paul Knapp||Regrets||Pat van Dyke||.||Andy Stechishin
 
|-
 
|-
 
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|''ex officio''
 
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|''ex officio''
Line 42: Line 42:
 
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|HL7 Staff
 
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|HL7 Staff
 
|-
 
|-
|.||Stan Huff (HL7 Chair) w/vote||.|| ||.||''obs1''||regrets||Lynn Laakso
+
|.||Stan Huff (HL7 Chair) w/vote||.|| ||.||Julia Chen||regrets||Lynn Laakso
 
|-
 
|-
|.||Don Mon (Vice Chair) <s>vote</s>||.||.||.||''obs2''||.||
+
|.||Don Mon (Vice Chair) <s>vote</s>||.||.||.||''obs2''||X||Dave Hamill
 
|-
 
|-
 
|.||Chuck Jaffe (CEO) <s> vote</s>
 
|.||Chuck Jaffe (CEO) <s> vote</s>
Line 67: Line 67:
 
====Management====
 
====Management====
 
#Review [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemBrowse&tracker_id=494 action items] –
 
#Review [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemBrowse&tracker_id=494 action items] –
 +
#*Paul will edit and bring back updates to our naming conventions and DSTU release guidance.
 +
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2585&start=0 2585] Define list of machine-processable artifacts for membership benefit - Ken will follow up with Stan on who is the Marketing committee chair and the Board's intent with the list
 +
#*Woody will craft a motion for the TSC position statement on new projects using R2B
 
<!--    Management      -->
 
<!--    Management      -->
 
<!--    Approvals  -->
 
<!--    Approvals  -->
 
#Approval items:
 
#Approval items:
 +
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/3027/12070/%32%30%31%34%53%45%50%5f%50%53%53%5f%43%51%49%5f%4c%4d%5f%66%6f%72%5f%51%49%2e%64%6f%63 Project Approval (update) request] of ''Harmonization of Health Quality Information Models'' for CQI WG of DESD at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=1045 Project Insight # 1045] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=3027&start=0 TSC Tracker #3027]
 
<!--  Management      -->
 
<!--  Management      -->
 
<!--  Discussion  -->
 
<!--  Discussion  -->
 
#Discussion topics:  
 
#Discussion topics:  
 +
#*Status of problem identification and response between HL7 and GS1 (P. Knapp)
 +
#**J. Quinn suggests: 1 week: flag as yellow; 2 weeks: flag as red
 +
#*Review of definition of 'implementation guide' and 'conformance'
 +
#** Final Definitions
 +
#***Implementation Guide
 +
#***:An implementation guide is often created to organize a collection of conformance profiles, functional requirement specifications, or templates for specifying a set of related interactions described in a use case or use cases. Implementation guides typically describe broader conformance requirements such as application behavior. Such requirements may include how a set of interactions (messages, documents, etc.) are to be used to enact certain application functionality among applications (actors).
 +
#***Conformance
 +
#***:Conformance is defined as the fulfillment of a product, process, or service of specified requirements [ISO-17000, OASIS]. The concept of conformance is essential to any standard for providing an objective measure of how closely implementations satisfy the requirements defined in the standard.
 +
<!-- Pending Strategic Initiatives Update :#* TSC Three-year planning - do we need to review it?  -->
 +
#*WG Health – Impact on SD project approval
 +
#**See [http://www.hl7.org/documentcenter/public/wg/projectServices/PBSMetricGuidanceforSDCoChairsFinal.doc PBS Metrics Guidance for SD Co-Chairs]
 
#Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
 
#Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
 +
#*TRAC:
 +
#** Would measurements from before and after the changed process to disallow a single check box to enroll in all of the ballots be meaningful for ballot quality assessment?
 +
#**TRAC report/recommendation on governance metric for project scope statements submitted late for deadline<!-- leave as 'vitality trigger'-->
 +
#*Co-chair deadline awareness
 +
#**2014-06-29 Notification of Intent to Ballot (NIB) Deadline (http://www.hl7.org/permalink/?NIB)
 +
#**2014-07-04 Post your WG agenda link on [http://wiki.hl7.org/index.php?title=WGM_information the WGM Information page]
 +
#**2014-07-06 '''New date''' (was 7/13) Final [http://www.hl7.org/events/harmonization/index.cfm Harmonization] proposal submissions due midnight Eastern
 
<!-- #WGM Planning - -->
 
<!-- #WGM Planning - -->
 
#[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemBrowse&tracker_id=313 Open Issues List]
 
#[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemBrowse&tracker_id=313 Open Issues List]
 
 
  
 
===Minutes===
 
===Minutes===
 
'''Minutes/Conclusions Reached:'''<br/>
 
'''Minutes/Conclusions Reached:'''<br/>
 
+
#Status of problem identification and response between HL7 and GS1 (P. Knapp)
 
+
#*Paul:  The role of the document was where to put UDI strings.  This has been captured, and has remained largely unchanged since the fall. 
 +
#*Paul has requested the document be put into the next Harmonization.
 +
#*Based on the calls from last week, the GS1 issues have not been resolved.  Paul will send out an email with an update.  The major issue is the GS1 and Coding issue.
 +
#*What can the TSC do to assist? 
 +
#**Paul recommends if we reach out to anyone it would be the FDA (Leslie Tompkins)
 +
#WG Health – Impact on SD project approval; See PBS Metrics Guidance for SD Co-Chairs
 +
#*Melva: They're SD had two WGs that had issue
 +
#*They did use the process, but feel that it needs to come to the SD earlier, as the current process just seems to be another roadblock for Project Approvals.
 +
#*So it seems like the guidance is working, but needs to be looked at in advanced.  We should also make a Work Group take action rather than just pointing out the WG Health is in trouble.
 +
#*Perhaps add a new box on the PSS that has the WG state their WG Health, and puts the onus on the WG do the review.  After further discussion, the TSC wasn't certain they wanted to do this.  Instead, move the existing box to appear between the WG and SD approval dates.
 +
#*Melva suggests that this might be a good topic for the Monday Night Co-Chair dinner.
 +
#Help Desk Escalation process document (the step that involves engaging the Work Groups in answering the questions),
 +
#*Ken is currently working with Dave Hamill and Diego on finalizing the document.  The plan is to have it as an agenda item on the July 7 TSC call.  He will send the document out prior to that so everyone can review it prior to the call and bring comments. 
 
'''''Please don't forget to hang up from the conference call '' (VOIP users)'''
 
'''''Please don't forget to hang up from the conference call '' (VOIP users)'''
 
  
 
===Next Steps===
 
===Next Steps===
Line 90: Line 121:
 
|-
 
|-
 
|colspan="4" |'''Actions''' ''(Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)''<br/>
 
|colspan="4" |'''Actions''' ''(Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)''<br/>
* .
+
*Dave - Within the PSS Template, move the WG Health Box between the WG and SD approval date boxes
 +
*Lorraine/Tony - Take the Conformance definition back to the ArB and compare it to what's in SAIF
 +
 
 
|-
 
|-
 
|colspan="4" |'''Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items'''<br/>
 
|colspan="4" |'''Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items'''<br/>

Latest revision as of 20:08, 23 June 2014

TSC Agenda/Minutes

Meeting Info/Attendees

Standing Conference Calls

TSC will hold a Conference Call at 11AM Eastern time, each Monday except during scheduled face-to-face Working Group Meetings unless otherwise noted at TSC_Minutes_and_Agendas.

GoToMeeting at https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/426505829 using VOIP
For those without access to microphone/speakers:
US: +1 (224)501-3318
Canada: +1 (647)497-9379
Italy: +39 0 230 57 81 80
Access Code: 426-505-829
GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829
HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
NEW GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829

Date: 2014-06-23
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Ken McCaslin Note taker(s): Dave Hamill
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented yes
Chair/CTO ArB International Affiliate Rep Ad-Hoc
X Ken McCaslin . Tony Julian . Jean Duteau X Austin Kreisler
X John Quinn X Lorraine Constable . Giorgio Cangioli .
Domain Experts Foundation and Technology Structure and Semantic Design Technical and Support Services
X Melva Peters X Woody Beeler Regrets Calvin Beebe X Freida Hall
X John Roberts X Paul Knapp Regrets Pat van Dyke . Andy Stechishin
ex officio Invited Guests Observers HL7 Staff
. Stan Huff (HL7 Chair) w/vote . . Julia Chen regrets Lynn Laakso
. Don Mon (Vice Chair) vote . . . obs2 X Dave Hamill
. Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote . . . .

Agenda

Housekeeping

  1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
  2. Agenda review and approval -
  3. Approve Minutes of 2014-06-16 TSC Call Agenda

Governance

  1. Approval items:
  2. Discussion topics:

Management

  1. Review action items
    • Paul will edit and bring back updates to our naming conventions and DSTU release guidance.
    • 2585 Define list of machine-processable artifacts for membership benefit - Ken will follow up with Stan on who is the Marketing committee chair and the Board's intent with the list
    • Woody will craft a motion for the TSC position statement on new projects using R2B
  2. Approval items:
  3. Discussion topics:
    • Status of problem identification and response between HL7 and GS1 (P. Knapp)
      • J. Quinn suggests: 1 week: flag as yellow; 2 weeks: flag as red
    • Review of definition of 'implementation guide' and 'conformance'
      • Final Definitions
        • Implementation Guide
          An implementation guide is often created to organize a collection of conformance profiles, functional requirement specifications, or templates for specifying a set of related interactions described in a use case or use cases. Implementation guides typically describe broader conformance requirements such as application behavior. Such requirements may include how a set of interactions (messages, documents, etc.) are to be used to enact certain application functionality among applications (actors).
        • Conformance
          Conformance is defined as the fulfillment of a product, process, or service of specified requirements [ISO-17000, OASIS]. The concept of conformance is essential to any standard for providing an objective measure of how closely implementations satisfy the requirements defined in the standard.
    • WG Health – Impact on SD project approval
  4. Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
    • TRAC:
      • Would measurements from before and after the changed process to disallow a single check box to enroll in all of the ballots be meaningful for ballot quality assessment?
      • TRAC report/recommendation on governance metric for project scope statements submitted late for deadline
    • Co-chair deadline awareness
  5. Open Issues List

Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:

  1. Status of problem identification and response between HL7 and GS1 (P. Knapp)
    • Paul: The role of the document was where to put UDI strings. This has been captured, and has remained largely unchanged since the fall.
    • Paul has requested the document be put into the next Harmonization.
    • Based on the calls from last week, the GS1 issues have not been resolved. Paul will send out an email with an update. The major issue is the GS1 and Coding issue.
    • What can the TSC do to assist?
      • Paul recommends if we reach out to anyone it would be the FDA (Leslie Tompkins)
  2. WG Health – Impact on SD project approval; See PBS Metrics Guidance for SD Co-Chairs
    • Melva: They're SD had two WGs that had issue
    • They did use the process, but feel that it needs to come to the SD earlier, as the current process just seems to be another roadblock for Project Approvals.
    • So it seems like the guidance is working, but needs to be looked at in advanced. We should also make a Work Group take action rather than just pointing out the WG Health is in trouble.
    • Perhaps add a new box on the PSS that has the WG state their WG Health, and puts the onus on the WG do the review. After further discussion, the TSC wasn't certain they wanted to do this. Instead, move the existing box to appear between the WG and SD approval dates.
    • Melva suggests that this might be a good topic for the Monday Night Co-Chair dinner.
  3. Help Desk Escalation process document (the step that involves engaging the Work Groups in answering the questions),
    • Ken is currently working with Dave Hamill and Diego on finalizing the document. The plan is to have it as an agenda item on the July 7 TSC call. He will send the document out prior to that so everyone can review it prior to the call and bring comments.

Please don't forget to hang up from the conference call (VOIP users)

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • Dave - Within the PSS Template, move the WG Health Box between the WG and SD approval date boxes
  • Lorraine/Tony - Take the Conformance definition back to the ArB and compare it to what's in SAIF
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


© 2014 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.