Difference between revisions of "2014-06-16 TSC Call Agenda"

From HL7 TSC
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Line 135: Line 135:
'''Minutes/Conclusions Reached:'''<br/>
'''Minutes/Conclusions Reached:'''<br/>
#Approved Minutes of [[2014-06-09 TSC Call Agenda]]
*Minutes from [[2014-06-09 TSC Call Agenda]] approved
*'''Revised''' [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/fhir/scmsvn/?action=browse&path=%2F%2Acheckout%2A%2Ftrunk%2Fdocuments%2Fgovernance%2FFGB%2520Mission%2520and%2520Charter.doc&revision=2552 Mission and Charter Statement Update] for FGB
*'''Revised''' [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/fhir/scmsvn/?action=browse&path=%2F%2Acheckout%2A%2Ftrunk%2Fdocuments%2Fgovernance%2FFGB%2520Mission%2520and%2520Charter.doc&revision=2552 Mission and Charter Statement Update] for FGB

Latest revision as of 19:15, 19 June 2014

TSC Agenda/Minutes

Meeting Info/Attendees

Standing Conference Calls

TSC will hold a Conference Call at 11AM Eastern time, each Monday except during scheduled face-to-face Working Group Meetings unless otherwise noted at TSC_Minutes_and_Agendas.

GoToMeeting at https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/426505829 using VOIP
For those without access to microphone/speakers:
US: +1 (224)501-3318
Canada: +1 (647)497-9379
Italy: +39 0 230 57 81 80
Access Code: 426-505-829
GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829
HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
NEW GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829

Date: 2014-06-16
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Ken McCaslin Note taker(s): Dave Hamill
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented yes/no
Chair/CTO ArB International Affiliate Rep Ad-Hoc
x Ken McCaslin x Tony Julian x Jean Duteau x Austin Kreisler
. John Quinn x Lorraine Constable x Giorgio Cangioli .
Domain Experts Foundation and Technology Structure and Semantic Design Technical and Support Services
x Melva Peters x Woody Beeler x Calvin Beebe x Freida Hall
x John Roberts x Paul Knapp x Pat van Dyke x Andy Stechishin
ex officio Invited Guests Observers HL7 Staff
. Stan Huff (HL7 Chair) w/vote x Johnathan Coleman, CBCC . regrets Lynn Laakso
. Don Mon (Vice Chair) vote . Kathleen Connor, CBCC . x Dave Hamill
. x John Feikema . .
. Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote x Jamie Parker . .
. x Ioana Singureanu . .
. x Julie Anne Chua . .
. x Amanda Nash . .



  1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
  2. Agenda review and approval -
  3. Approve Minutes of 2014-06-09 TSC Call Agenda


  1. Review action items
    • Paul will edit and bring back updates to our naming conventions and DSTU release guidance. - Tabled to next week
    • Freida will draft PSS for Positioning Security Risk Analysis standard within HL7 and circulate to TSC; V5 updated since last week
    • 2585 Define list of machine-processable artifacts for membership benefit - Ken will follow up with Stan on who is the Marketing committee chair and the Board's intent with the list
    • Woody will craft a motion for the TSC position statement on new projects using R2B
  2. Approval items referred for discussion:
  3. Projects pending input:
  4. Approval items:
  5. Discussion topics:
    • BAM review (Tony)
    • Review of definition of 'implementation guide' and 'conformance'
      • Final Definitions
        • Implementation Guide
          An implementation guide is often created to organize a collection of conformance profiles, functional requirement specifications, or templates for specifying a set of related interactions described in a use case or use cases. Implementation guides typically describe broader conformance requirements such as application behavior. Such requirements may include how a set of interactions (messages, documents, etc.) are to be used to enact certain application functionality among applications (actors).
        • Conformance
          Conformance is defined as the fulfillment of a product, process, or service of specified requirements [ISO-17000, OASIS]. The concept of conformance is essential to any standard for providing an objective measure of how closely implementations satisfy the requirements defined in the standard.
    • Review of action item to define relationship between help desk and WG cochairs
    • WG Health – Impact on SD project approval
    • Determine the next 2-4 profiles for Conformance Testing (candidate topics: LRI, CDA R2, EHR-S FM, EHR-S FPs).
  6. Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
    • TRAC:
      • Would measurements from before and after the changed process to disallow a single check box to enroll in all of the ballots be meaningful for ballot quality assessment?
      • TRAC report/recommendation on governance metric for project scope statements submitted late for deadline
    • Co-chair deadline awareness
  7. Open Issues List


Minutes/Conclusions Reached:


  • Project Approval request of Provenance for Clinical Document Architecture (CDA R2) Documents Implementation Guide for CBCC WG of DESD at Project Insight # 1093 and TSC Tracker #3314
    • The TSC's concern was regarding Harmonization.
    • Johnathan Coleman presented the PSS for review.
    • Struc Docs heard that the DESD discouraged CBCC from adding Structured Docs as a co-sponsor.
    • DESD reps on the TSC call indicated that was not the case
    • Austin and Woody indicated that Structured Docs is interested in being a cosponsor. Structured Docs has already reviewed the PSS and is fine with it.
    • CBCC will discuss on their next call to add Structured Docs as a cosponsor.
    • CBCC has discussed the PSS with the Security WG, and they will continue those discussions in case Security wants to be added as a co-sponsor
    • MOTION by P. Van Dyke: TSC to approve the PSS contingent upon adding Structured Docs as a cosponsor. Unanimously approved.
    • ACTION: J. Coleman will submit an updated PSS after the CBCC call discusses adding Structured Docs as a cosponsor.
  • BAM review (Tony)
    • Tony presented an overview of the BAM Review Use Case Diagram
    • ACTION: Tony will send out a link to the documents
    • Regarding Product Families, a question was posed if they've all been developed.
    • Austin indicated that the approach will be to create one Product Family at a time.
    • Next Steps:
      • The ArB will provide the TSC the full document for review/approval.
      • Also, the TSC can identify where 'holes' are in the process and what the ArB should attack next.
      • Ken's concern is that until Product Lines/Product Families are defined, he's not sure the TSC can provide much direction.
      • Melva asked who is on that task force. Ken mentioned that the task force has been meeting, but meeting sporadically at best due to bandwidth of the leaders.

Please don't forget to hang up from the conference call (VOIP users)

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

© 2014 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.