Difference between revisions of "2014-06-16 TSC Call Agenda"

From HL7 TSC
Jump to navigation Jump to search
 
(28 intermediate revisions by 2 users not shown)
Line 22: Line 22:
 
|colspan="2"|Chair/CTO ||colspan="2"|ArB ||colspan="2"|International Affiliate Rep ||colspan="2"|Ad-Hoc
 
|colspan="2"|Chair/CTO ||colspan="2"|ArB ||colspan="2"|International Affiliate Rep ||colspan="2"|Ad-Hoc
 
|-
 
|-
|.||Ken McCaslin||.||Tony Julian||.|| Jean Duteau||.||Austin Kreisler
+
|x||Ken McCaslin||x||Tony Julian||x|| Jean Duteau||x||Austin Kreisler
 
|-
 
|-
|.||John Quinn ||.||Lorraine Constable||.|| Giorgio Cangioli||.||
+
|.||John Quinn ||x||Lorraine Constable||x|| Giorgio Cangioli||.||
  
 
|-
 
|-
Line 33: Line 33:
  
 
|-
 
|-
|.||Melva Peters||.||Woody Beeler||.||Calvin Beebe||.||Freida Hall
+
|x||Melva Peters||x||Woody Beeler||x||Calvin Beebe||x||Freida Hall
 
|-
 
|-
|.||John Roberts||.||Paul Knapp||.||Pat van Dyke||.||Andy Stechishin
+
|x||John Roberts||x||Paul Knapp||x||Pat van Dyke||x||Andy Stechishin
 
|-
 
|-
 
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|''ex officio''
 
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|''ex officio''
Line 42: Line 42:
 
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|HL7 Staff
 
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|HL7 Staff
 
|-
 
|-
|.||Stan Huff (HL7 Chair) w/vote||.|| ||.||''obs1''||regrets||Lynn Laakso
+
|.||Stan Huff (HL7 Chair) w/vote||x||Johnathan Coleman, CBCC ||.||<!--observer1-->||regrets||Lynn Laakso
 
|-
 
|-
|.||Don Mon (Vice Chair) <s>vote</s>||.||.||.||''obs2''||.||Dave Hamill
+
|.||Don Mon (Vice Chair) <s>vote</s>||.||Kathleen Connor, CBCC||.||<!--observer2-->||x||Dave Hamill
 +
|-
 +
|.||<!--ex-officio 2-->||x||John Feikema||.||<!--observer3-->||||.||<!--Staff 3-->||
 
|-
 
|-
 
|.||Chuck Jaffe (CEO) <s> vote</s>
 
|.||Chuck Jaffe (CEO) <s> vote</s>
|.||
+
|x||Jamie Parker
|.||.
+
|.||<!--observer 3-->
|.||
+
|.||<!--staff -->
 +
|-
 +
|.||<!--ex-officio 4-->
 +
|x||Ioana Singureanu
 +
|.||<!--observer 4-->
 +
|.||<!--staff 4-->
 +
|-
 +
|.||<!--ex-officio 5-->
 +
|x||Julie Anne Chua
 +
|.||<!--observer 5-->
 +
|.||<!--staff 5-->
 +
|-
 +
|.||<!--ex-officio 6-->
 +
|x||Amanda Nash
 +
|.||<!--observer 6-->
 +
|.||<!--staff 6-->
 
|-
 
|-
 
|colspan="3" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|
 
|colspan="3" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|
 
|}
 
|}
 +
 
===Agenda===
 
===Agenda===
 
'''Housekeeping''' <br/>
 
'''Housekeeping''' <br/>
Line 58: Line 76:
 
#Agenda review and approval -
 
#Agenda review and approval -
 
#Approve Minutes of [[2014-06-09 TSC Call Agenda]]
 
#Approve Minutes of [[2014-06-09 TSC Call Agenda]]
====Governance====
+
<!--====Governance==== -->
<!--  Governance      -->
+
<!--  Governance/Approvals     -->
<!--   Approvals  -->
+
<!--#Approval items: -->
#Approval items:
+
<!--  Governance/Discussion     -->
<!--  Governance      -->
+
<!--#Discussion topics: -->
<!--   Discussion -->
 
#Discussion topics:
 
 
====Management====
 
====Management====
 
#Review [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemBrowse&tracker_id=494 action items] –
 
#Review [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemBrowse&tracker_id=494 action items] –
#*Paul will edit and bring back updates to our naming conventions and DSTU release guidance.
+
#*Paul will edit and bring back updates to our naming conventions and DSTU release guidance. - Tabled to next week
#*Freida will draft PSS for [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/docmanfileversion/8224/12014/%48%4c%37%20%52%69%73%6b%20%41%6e%61%6c%79%73%69%73%20%50%53%53%5f%50%4b%5f%50%56%20%56%33%2e%64%6f%63%78 Positioning Security Risk Analysis standard within HL7] and circulate to TSC;
+
#*Freida will draft PSS for [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/docmanfileversion/8248/12063/%48%4c%37%20%52%69%73%6b%20%41%6e%61%6c%79%73%69%73%20%50%53%53%5f%56%35%2e%64%6f%63%78 Positioning Security Risk Analysis standard within HL7] and circulate to TSC; V5 updated since last week
#*Ken will send survey on conformance profile development to Karen to issue the survey to her list.
 
 
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2585&start=0 2585] Define list of machine-processable artifacts for membership benefit - Ken will follow up with Stan on who is the Marketing committee chair and the Board's intent with the list
 
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2585&start=0 2585] Define list of machine-processable artifacts for membership benefit - Ken will follow up with Stan on who is the Marketing committee chair and the Board's intent with the list
<!--    Management     -->
+
#*Woody will craft a motion for the TSC position statement on new projects using R2B
<!--    Approvals -->
+
<!--    Management / Approvals     -->
 
#Approval items referred for discussion:
 
#Approval items referred for discussion:
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/fhir/scmsvn/?action=browse&path=%2F%2Acheckout%2A%2Ftrunk%2Fdocuments%2Fgovernance%2FFGB%2520Mission%2520and%2520Charter20140520.doc&revision=2518 Mission and Charter Statement Update] for FGB
+
#*'''Revised''' [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/fhir/scmsvn/?action=browse&path=%2F%2Acheckout%2A%2Ftrunk%2Fdocuments%2Fgovernance%2FFGB%2520Mission%2520and%2520Charter.doc&revision=2552 Mission and Charter Statement Update] for FGB
 +
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/3314/12050/%48%4c%37%20%50%72%6f%6a%65%63%74%20%53%63%6f%70%65%20%53%74%61%74%65%6d%65%6e%74%20%44%61%74%61%20%50%72%6f%76%65%6e%61%6e%63%65%20%66%6f%72%20%54%53%43%20%35%2d%33%30%2d%31%34%2e%64%6f%63 Project Approval request] of ''Provenance for Clinical Document Architecture (CDA R2) Documents Implementation Guide'' for CBCC WG of DESD at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=1093 Project Insight # 1093] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=3314&start=0 TSC Tracker #3314]
 
<!--      -->
 
<!--      -->
 
#Projects pending input:
 
#Projects pending input:
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/3306/12035/CPM-SPL%20PSS%2020140523.doc Project Approval request] of ''Common Product Model (CPM) Release 2 Normative and Structured Product Labeling (SPL) Release 6 Normative'' for OO of SSD SD cosponsored by RCRIM of DESD  at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=1114 Project Insight # 1114] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=3306&start=0 TSC Tracker #3306]
+
#*pending update/review with US Realm TF
#*(defer for further discussion by FGB) [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/3277/12004/%48%4c%37%46%48%49%52%2d%50%53%53%5f%50%43%57%47%2d%52%65%66%65%72%72%61%6c%5f%32%30%31%34%2d%30%34%2d%31%30%5f%50%43%57%47%2d%61%70%70%72%6f%76%65%64%5f%76%30%33%2e%64%6f%63 Project Approval request] of ''Patient Care WG Develop FHIR resources and profiles for the second DSTU release'' for Patient Care WG of DESD at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=1105 Project Insight # 1105] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=3277&start=0 TSC Tracker #3277]
+
#**[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/3302/12031/2014SEP_PSS_Clinical%20Quality%20Expression%20Language.doc Project Approval request] of ''Clinical Quality Expression Language'' for CDS of SSD SD cosponsored by CQI of DESD at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=1108 Project Insight # 1108] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=3302&start=0 TSC Tracker #3302]
#* [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/3278/12005/%48%4c%37%46%48%49%52%2d%50%53%53%5f%48%43%44%2d%44%65%76%69%63%65%41%6c%61%72%6d%5f%61%6e%64%5f%43%6f%6e%74%72%6f%6c%5f%32%30%31%34%2d%30%34%2d%33%30%5f%48%43%44%57%47%2d%64%72%61%66%74%5f%76%30%37%2e%64%6f%63 Project Approval request] of ''Health Care Devices to Develop FHIR resources and profiles for the second DSTU release'' for Health Care Devices WG of DESD at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=1103 Project Insight # 1103] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=3278&start=0 TSC Tracker #3278]
+
#** [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/3346/12080/%50%53%53%5f%51%44%4d%62%61%73%65%64%48%51%4d%46%52%32%2e%31%49%47%5f%76%32%30%31%31%5f%75%70%64%61%74%65%73%5f%4d%61%79%32%30%31%33%5f%66%69%6e%61%6c%2e%64%6f%63 Project Update request] of ''Health Quality Measure Format (HQMF) Implementation Guide'' for CQI WG of DESD cosponsored by SDWG and CDS WG of SSD SD at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=756 Project Insight # 756] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=3346&start=0 TSC Tracker #3346]
#*Pending US Realm Task Force review - [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/3302/12031/2014SEP_PSS_Clinical%20Quality%20Expression%20Language.doc Project Approval request] of ''Clinical Quality Expression Language'' for CDS of SSD SD cosponsored by CQI of DESD at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=1108 Project Insight # 1108] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=3302&start=0 TSC Tracker #3302]
+
#** [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/3347/12081/%32%30%31%34%53%45%50%5f%50%53%53%5f%43%51%49%5f%4c%4d%5f%66%6f%72%5f%51%49%2e%64%6f%63 Project Update request] of ''Harmonization of Health Quality Information Models – Logical Model'' for CQI WG of DESD cosponsored by CDS WG of SSD SD at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=1045 Project Insight # 1045] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=3347&start=0 TSC Tracker #3347]
 +
<!--      -->
 +
#*(deferred for approval by FMG)
 +
#** [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/3277/12004/%48%4c%37%46%48%49%52%2d%50%53%53%5f%50%43%57%47%2d%52%65%66%65%72%72%61%6c%5f%32%30%31%34%2d%30%34%2d%31%30%5f%50%43%57%47%2d%61%70%70%72%6f%76%65%64%5f%76%30%33%2e%64%6f%63 Project Approval request] of ''Patient Care WG Develop FHIR resources and profiles for the second DSTU release'' for Patient Care WG of DESD at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=1105 Project Insight # 1105] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=3277&start=0 TSC Tracker #3277]
 +
#**[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/3278/12005/%48%4c%37%46%48%49%52%2d%50%53%53%5f%48%43%44%2d%44%65%76%69%63%65%41%6c%61%72%6d%5f%61%6e%64%5f%43%6f%6e%74%72%6f%6c%5f%32%30%31%34%2d%30%34%2d%33%30%5f%48%43%44%57%47%2d%64%72%61%66%74%5f%76%30%37%2e%64%6f%63 Project Approval request] of ''Health Care Devices to Develop FHIR resources and profiles for the second DSTU release'' for Health Care Devices WG of DESD at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=1103 Project Insight # 1103] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=3278&start=0 TSC Tracker #3278]
 +
#**[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/3345/12073/%4f%4f%20%46%48%49%52%20%44%53%54%55%20%4d%61%69%6e%74%65%6e%61%6e%63%65%20%50%53%53%20%32%30%31%34%30%35%32%33%2e%64%6f%63 Project Approval request] of ''OO FHIR DSTU Monitoring and Maintenance'' for OO WG of SSD SD at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=1115 Project Insight # 1115] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=3345&start=0 TSC Tracker #3345]
 +
#**[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/3344/12072/%4f%4f%20%46%48%49%52%20%4c%61%62%20%4f%72%64%65%72%73%20%50%53%53%2e%64%6f%63 Project Approval (update) request] of ''Lab Order Logical Specification R1'' (OO FHIR Lab Orders) for OO WG of SSD SD at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=1068 Project Insight # 1068] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=3344&start=0 TSC Tracker #3344]
 +
#**[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/3305/12034/%4f%4f%20%46%48%49%52%20%52%65%73%75%6c%74%73%20%50%72%6f%66%69%6c%65%20%50%53%53%2e%64%6f%63 Project Approval request] of ''OO FHIR Lab Result Profile'' for OO WG of SSD SD at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=1113 Project Insight # 1113] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=3305&start=0 TSC Tracker #3305]
 +
#**[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/3343/12071/%49%6d%61%67%69%6e%67%20%46%48%49%52%20%52%65%73%6f%75%72%63%65%73%20%50%53%53%20%32%30%31%34%30%35%32%33%2e%64%6f%63 Project Approval request] of ''Develop imaging-related FHIR resources for the second DSTU release for II WG of SSD SD at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=1107 Project Insight # 1107] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=3343&start=0 TSC Tracker #3343]
 +
<!--      -->
 
#Approval items:
 
#Approval items:
<!--  Management      -->
+
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/3027/12070/%32%30%31%34%53%45%50%5f%50%53%53%5f%43%51%49%5f%4c%4d%5f%66%6f%72%5f%51%49%2e%64%6f%63 Project Approval (update) request] of ''Harmonization of Health Quality Information Models'' for CQI WG of DESD at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=1045 Project Insight # 1045] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=3027&start=0 TSC Tracker #3027]
<!--  Discussion  -->
+
<!--  Management/Discussion     -->
 
#Discussion topics:  
 
#Discussion topics:  
 
#*BAM review (Tony)
 
#*BAM review (Tony)
Line 97: Line 122:
 
#**See [http://www.hl7.org/documentcenter/public/wg/projectServices/PBSMetricGuidanceforSDCoChairsFinal.doc PBS Metrics Guidance for SD Co-Chairs]
 
#**See [http://www.hl7.org/documentcenter/public/wg/projectServices/PBSMetricGuidanceforSDCoChairsFinal.doc PBS Metrics Guidance for SD Co-Chairs]
 
#*Determine the next 2-4 profiles for Conformance Testing (candidate topics: LRI, CDA R2, EHR-S FM, EHR-S FPs).
 
#*Determine the next 2-4 profiles for Conformance Testing (candidate topics: LRI, CDA R2, EHR-S FM, EHR-S FPs).
 +
<!--      -->
 
#Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
 
#Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
 
#*TRAC:
 
#*TRAC:
Line 106: Line 132:
 
#**2014-06-29 Notification of Intent to Ballot (NIB) Deadline (http://www.hl7.org/permalink/?NIB)
 
#**2014-06-29 Notification of Intent to Ballot (NIB) Deadline (http://www.hl7.org/permalink/?NIB)
 
#[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemBrowse&tracker_id=313 Open Issues List]
 
#[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemBrowse&tracker_id=313 Open Issues List]
 
  
 
===Minutes===
 
===Minutes===
 
'''Minutes/Conclusions Reached:'''<br/>
 
'''Minutes/Conclusions Reached:'''<br/>
 +
*Minutes from [[2014-06-09 TSC Call Agenda]] approved
 +
====Management====
 +
*'''Revised''' [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/fhir/scmsvn/?action=browse&path=%2F%2Acheckout%2A%2Ftrunk%2Fdocuments%2Fgovernance%2FFGB%2520Mission%2520and%2520Charter.doc&revision=2552 Mission and Charter Statement Update] for FGB
 +
**MOTION: By Knapp to approve Mission and Charter; seconded by Constable.  Unanimously approved
 +
 +
*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/3314/12050/%48%4c%37%20%50%72%6f%6a%65%63%74%20%53%63%6f%70%65%20%53%74%61%74%65%6d%65%6e%74%20%44%61%74%61%20%50%72%6f%76%65%6e%61%6e%63%65%20%66%6f%72%20%54%53%43%20%35%2d%33%30%2d%31%34%2e%64%6f%63 Project Approval request] of ''Provenance for Clinical Document Architecture (CDA R2) Documents Implementation Guide'' for CBCC WG of DESD at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=1093 Project Insight # 1093] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=3314&start=0 TSC Tracker #3314]
 +
**The TSC's concern was regarding Harmonization.
 +
**Johnathan Coleman presented the PSS for review.
 +
**Struc Docs heard that the DESD discouraged CBCC from adding Structured Docs as a co-sponsor.
 +
**DESD reps on the TSC call indicated that was not the case
 +
**Austin and Woody indicated that Structured Docs is interested in being a cosponsor.  Structured Docs has already reviewed the PSS and is fine with it.
 +
**CBCC will discuss on their next call to add Structured Docs as a cosponsor. 
 +
**CBCC has discussed the PSS with the Security WG, and they will continue those discussions in case Security wants to be added as a co-sponsor
 +
**MOTION by P. Van Dyke:  TSC to approve the PSS contingent upon adding Structured Docs as a cosponsor.  Unanimously approved.
 +
**ACTION: J. Coleman will submit an updated PSS after the CBCC call discusses adding Structured Docs as a cosponsor.
 +
 +
*BAM review (Tony)
 +
**Tony presented an overview of the BAM Review Use Case Diagram
 +
**ACTION: Tony will send out a link to the documents
 +
**Regarding Product Families, a question was posed if they've all been developed.
 +
**Austin indicated that the approach will be to create one Product Family at a time.
 +
**Next Steps: 
 +
***The ArB will provide the TSC the full document for review/approval. 
 +
***Also, the TSC can identify where 'holes' are in the process and what the ArB should attack next.
 +
***Ken's concern is that until Product Lines/Product Families are defined, he's not sure the TSC can provide much direction.
 +
***Melva asked who is on that task force.  Ken mentioned that the task force has been meeting, but meeting sporadically at best due to bandwidth of the leaders.
 +
 +
*Freida will draft PSS for [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/docmanfileversion/8248/12063/%48%4c%37%20%52%69%73%6b%20%41%6e%61%6c%79%73%69%73%20%50%53%53%5f%56%35%2e%64%6f%63%78 Positioning Security Risk Analysis standard within HL7] and circulate to TSC; V5 updated since last week
 +
**Still being reviewed by Project Services
 +
**Will bring it back to the TSC after Project Services approves it
 +
  
  
 
'''''Please don't forget to hang up from the conference call '' (VOIP users)'''
 
'''''Please don't forget to hang up from the conference call '' (VOIP users)'''
 
  
 
===Next Steps===
 
===Next Steps===

Latest revision as of 19:15, 19 June 2014

TSC Agenda/Minutes

Meeting Info/Attendees

Standing Conference Calls

TSC will hold a Conference Call at 11AM Eastern time, each Monday except during scheduled face-to-face Working Group Meetings unless otherwise noted at TSC_Minutes_and_Agendas.

GoToMeeting at https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/426505829 using VOIP
For those without access to microphone/speakers:
US: +1 (224)501-3318
Canada: +1 (647)497-9379
Italy: +39 0 230 57 81 80
Access Code: 426-505-829
GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829
HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
NEW GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829

Date: 2014-06-16
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Ken McCaslin Note taker(s): Dave Hamill
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented yes/no
Chair/CTO ArB International Affiliate Rep Ad-Hoc
x Ken McCaslin x Tony Julian x Jean Duteau x Austin Kreisler
. John Quinn x Lorraine Constable x Giorgio Cangioli .
Domain Experts Foundation and Technology Structure and Semantic Design Technical and Support Services
x Melva Peters x Woody Beeler x Calvin Beebe x Freida Hall
x John Roberts x Paul Knapp x Pat van Dyke x Andy Stechishin
ex officio Invited Guests Observers HL7 Staff
. Stan Huff (HL7 Chair) w/vote x Johnathan Coleman, CBCC . regrets Lynn Laakso
. Don Mon (Vice Chair) vote . Kathleen Connor, CBCC . x Dave Hamill
. x John Feikema . .
. Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote x Jamie Parker . .
. x Ioana Singureanu . .
. x Julie Anne Chua . .
. x Amanda Nash . .

Agenda

Housekeeping

  1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
  2. Agenda review and approval -
  3. Approve Minutes of 2014-06-09 TSC Call Agenda

Management

  1. Review action items
    • Paul will edit and bring back updates to our naming conventions and DSTU release guidance. - Tabled to next week
    • Freida will draft PSS for Positioning Security Risk Analysis standard within HL7 and circulate to TSC; V5 updated since last week
    • 2585 Define list of machine-processable artifacts for membership benefit - Ken will follow up with Stan on who is the Marketing committee chair and the Board's intent with the list
    • Woody will craft a motion for the TSC position statement on new projects using R2B
  2. Approval items referred for discussion:
  3. Projects pending input:
  4. Approval items:
  5. Discussion topics:
    • BAM review (Tony)
    • Review of definition of 'implementation guide' and 'conformance'
      • Final Definitions
        • Implementation Guide
          An implementation guide is often created to organize a collection of conformance profiles, functional requirement specifications, or templates for specifying a set of related interactions described in a use case or use cases. Implementation guides typically describe broader conformance requirements such as application behavior. Such requirements may include how a set of interactions (messages, documents, etc.) are to be used to enact certain application functionality among applications (actors).
        • Conformance
          Conformance is defined as the fulfillment of a product, process, or service of specified requirements [ISO-17000, OASIS]. The concept of conformance is essential to any standard for providing an objective measure of how closely implementations satisfy the requirements defined in the standard.
    • Review of action item to define relationship between help desk and WG cochairs
    • WG Health – Impact on SD project approval
    • Determine the next 2-4 profiles for Conformance Testing (candidate topics: LRI, CDA R2, EHR-S FM, EHR-S FPs).
  6. Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
    • TRAC:
      • Would measurements from before and after the changed process to disallow a single check box to enroll in all of the ballots be meaningful for ballot quality assessment?
      • TRAC report/recommendation on governance metric for project scope statements submitted late for deadline
    • Co-chair deadline awareness
  7. Open Issues List

Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:

Management

  • Project Approval request of Provenance for Clinical Document Architecture (CDA R2) Documents Implementation Guide for CBCC WG of DESD at Project Insight # 1093 and TSC Tracker #3314
    • The TSC's concern was regarding Harmonization.
    • Johnathan Coleman presented the PSS for review.
    • Struc Docs heard that the DESD discouraged CBCC from adding Structured Docs as a co-sponsor.
    • DESD reps on the TSC call indicated that was not the case
    • Austin and Woody indicated that Structured Docs is interested in being a cosponsor. Structured Docs has already reviewed the PSS and is fine with it.
    • CBCC will discuss on their next call to add Structured Docs as a cosponsor.
    • CBCC has discussed the PSS with the Security WG, and they will continue those discussions in case Security wants to be added as a co-sponsor
    • MOTION by P. Van Dyke: TSC to approve the PSS contingent upon adding Structured Docs as a cosponsor. Unanimously approved.
    • ACTION: J. Coleman will submit an updated PSS after the CBCC call discusses adding Structured Docs as a cosponsor.
  • BAM review (Tony)
    • Tony presented an overview of the BAM Review Use Case Diagram
    • ACTION: Tony will send out a link to the documents
    • Regarding Product Families, a question was posed if they've all been developed.
    • Austin indicated that the approach will be to create one Product Family at a time.
    • Next Steps:
      • The ArB will provide the TSC the full document for review/approval.
      • Also, the TSC can identify where 'holes' are in the process and what the ArB should attack next.
      • Ken's concern is that until Product Lines/Product Families are defined, he's not sure the TSC can provide much direction.
      • Melva asked who is on that task force. Ken mentioned that the task force has been meeting, but meeting sporadically at best due to bandwidth of the leaders.


Please don't forget to hang up from the conference call (VOIP users)

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


© 2014 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.