2014-04-21 TSC Call Agenda

From HL7 TSC
Revision as of 16:00, 21 April 2014 by Llaakso (talk | contribs)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to navigation Jump to search

TSC Agenda/Minutes

Meeting Info/Attendees

HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829

Date: 2014-04-21
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Ken Note taker(s): Lynn
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented yes/no
Chair/CTO ArB International Affiliate Rep Ad-Hoc
x Ken McCaslin x Tony Julian regrets Jean Duteau x Austin Kreisler
x John Quinn regrets Lorraine Constable . Giorgio Cangioli .
Domain Experts Foundation and Technology Structure and Semantic Design Technical and Support Services
x Melva Peters x Woody Beeler x Calvin Beebe regrets Freida Hall
x John Roberts x Paul Knapp x Pat van Dyke x Andy Stechishin
ex officio Invited Guests Observers HL7 Staff
. Stan Huff (HL7 Chair) w/vote x Mario Hyland (AEGIS) . obs1 x Lynn Laakso
. Don Mon (Vice Chair) vote . Heather Grain . obs2 x Dave Hamill
. Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote . . . .



  1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
  2. Agenda review and approval -
  3. Approve Minutes of 2014-04-14 TSC Call Agenda


  1. Healthcare Terminology Authority (HTA) presentation (Heather)
  2. Review action items
    • Develop formal definitions of backwards compatibility and dot-releases in the GOM (John and Ken to discuss)
    • WGM follow up on IP restrictions (for post-Board meeting at WGM)
      • Ken will follow up on whether to make available the reconciliation spreadsheet when it only contains snippets of the standard
      • Ken and John will need to discuss IP protection of V3 development content - not discrete documents e.g. IGs.
      • Ken and John to go back to the board with Woody's recognition of development material restrictions as a threat to the ability of the organization to do its collaborative work
    • Feedback from the US Realm Task Force of their review of the modified Affiliate Project Approval Process and how best to include the modifications into the US Realm Task Force role (US Realm TF has not yet addressed)
    • Andy to address with Tooling WG where we provide tools that we must also address the security measures in those tools and transforms. Other ideas were to include in the PSS and/or in the publication documents to state that as an implementer you must evaluate your own security risks. (John and Ken to discuss)
  3. Approval items:
  4. Discussion topics:
    1. Conformance Testing update - Mario Hyland, VP, Founder at AEGIS to join the call
    2. Review AEGIS testing platform as well as the results of the just finished project - Mario Hyland (15 mins)
  5. Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
  6. WGM Planning: 335 registrants as of today


  1. Discussion topics:
    • (defer) DIM discussion - next step on conformance criteria to a DAM (Lorraine)


Minutes/Conclusions Reached:
Ken convenes at 11:02 AM

  1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests) Mario is on the call for Conformance Testing and Dave is here to see his presentation.
  2. Agenda review and approval - Heather won't make it and will reschedule.
  3. Discussion topics:
    1. Conformance Testing update - Mario Hyland, VP, Founder at AEGIS shows a slide presentation
    2. Review AEGIS testing platform as well as the results of the just finished project - Mario Hyland (15 mins)
      • Paul asks about a report of failure to the tester - do you send the errors in the acknowledgement? If the reference implementation is supposed to send a NAK they will but if it is a scenario with allowable exceptions the tester can review in the GUI.
      • Ken asks how a WG identifies issues that need to be addressed in a subsequent release of a standard. They collect statistics in the DIL and they schedule time with the WG at the WGM and evaluate the test results.
      • Ken asks about the careful distinction between conformant and interoperable. Conformance is an isolation of a message and its acceptability. Interoperability is a state of a whole system. Interoperability is how well-behaved you find a system versus analysis of an individual message for conformance.
      • Ken asks what the next area of interest for conformance should be. Dave Hamill notes they are reviewing the results of the survey during the conformance testing webinar. There is another webinar this Friday the 25th at 2 pm and the survey is still open. Register on the home page under "upcoming events". They want another 4-5 areas ready for September.
  4. Approve Minutes of 2014-04-14 TSC Call Agenda approved by general consent


  1. Approval items:
    • Variation to publication process: publish the EHRS FM R2 as an HL7 publication to support balloters on two functional profiles, adding the ANSI logo once they have approved
      • The publication is with ANSI right now, and delaying the publication of the EHR S FM R2. Pat moves HL7 publish the HL7 EHR System Functional Model R2 as an HL7 document once the content is all available, and then publish again as an ANSI/HL7 document when ANSI approval is obtained. Paul seconds. He then asks what happens if ANSI makes changes? Pat notes that they have reconciliation comments that were declared "not related" and Karen feels that is what ANSI is reviewing. The ballot disposition of not related was with reference to a statement it would be said the ballot comment would be related to a lab profile. Paul clarifies that the disposition would not change but a function of the categorization of the disposition. Woody asks if it would be considered out of scope. Pat notes that Karen felt it would be resolved quickly. Paul notes it's really a timing thing, not a content thing.
      • Austin notes that even if published today it won't be available to non-members for 3 months including those that paid to be part of the ballot pool. Are we the right place to bring a request as the TSC doesn't have a say in these publications asks Austin? Pat notes that Karen suggested the TSC review.
      • Lynn notes that ANSI doesn't make changes to content typically. The material is available on a ballot archive without the reconciliation applied. Don is still missing some material from Helen.
      • vote: unanimously approved.
    • Out of cycle meeting request for AID of FTSD 2014-06-03 at TSC Tracker 3155.
    • Out of cycle meeting request for AID of FTSD 2014-11-27 at TSC Tracker 3156.
      • Ken challenged them to work with the User Group task force (UGTF) chaired by John Hatem on this as they are being considered for alignment as a User Group rather than a WG. However the UGTF wanted to focus on bringing in new participants to a user group rather than re-framing existing participation and delay transitioning existing WGs. He has suggested that they consider this for the 2015May meeting in Paris. Andy notes that AID does not hold teleconferences but instead holds OOC meetings occurring in concert with other events, e.g. with a FHIR Workshop by Furore.
      • Motion: Andy moves and Pat seconds approval of the two OOC meeting requests. Unanimously approved.
    • Ken wanted to have the US Realm TF modifications to the affiliate project approval process for tomorrow but may not be ready.
    • FMG appointment recommendation: Hans Buitendijk has been named to replace Lorraine on the FMG and John Quinn submits this to the TSC for approval. Motion: Paul moves and Austin seconds appointment of Hans to the FMG. Unanimously approved.
  2. Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
    • Two WGs in T3SD struggling with participation and a merger may be pending. Effectively, one dissolves and merges with another e.g. with the Laboratory WG.
  3. WGM Planning: 335 registrants as of today
    • Please review Homework for Saturday meeting

Adjourned 11:58 AM.

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

© 2014 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.