2014-04-02 TRAC

From HL7 TSC
Jump to navigation Jump to search

TSC Risk Assessment Committee (TRAC) Agenda/Minutes

back to TRAC page

Meeting Info/Attendees

TRAC Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#

Date: Wednesday, 2014-04-02
Time: 10:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Pat Van Dyke Note taker(s): Lynn
Quorum n/a
Chair/CTO Members Members
Pat Van Dyke Rick Haddorff Melva Peters
John Quinn Austin Kreisler


  • Agenda review and approval - Pat Van Dyke
  • Review minutes of 2014-03-12 TRAC
  • Action Items:
    • Pat will work on developing a straw man for separate criteria for informative ballot reconciliation in 6 months, for example.
    • Melva will re-review the T3F risks and give a first draft on impact and likelihood for review on the next call.
    • Get history of infractions on PSS and NIB deadlines for last two years and make a copy of the PSS guidance for the NIB deadline. Bring it back to TSC for an opinion on whether they want a metric on projects coming in late as there is a steady stream of them Averaging 3+ PSS coming in late each cycle.
      • Find out what the 7+ day late PSS were to see what type of exceptions they represent.
  • Review 20140212 risk spreadsheet
    • precepts for the IP protection issues and address the related risks.
  • TSC referred action:
    • WG Balloting metric: bundling together other PBS metrics measures including balloting in previous cycles, submitting PSS on time and NIBs on time, etc
      • Ballot quality assessment consideration as a governance point/work group health metric/strategic initiatives dashboard metric. Larger sample size, Other measures the TRAC might assess are % of negatives less than 20, or ballots not returned versus negative balloters.
      • Discuss outreach to ballot evaluators on what additional ballot quality measures should be performed.


Minutes/Conclusions Reached:
Convened 10:00 AM

WG Balloting metric: bundling together other PBS metrics measures including balloting in previous cycles, submitting PSS on time and NIBs on time

  • Dave has not been able to make progress identifying with late submitted PSS's were regulatory. He will try to get this done for the next call. His plan is to list the late submitted projects so that further analysis can be done.
  • Perhaps one way to minimize the risk of late Project Scope Statements is to communicate that Work Groups should bring forward PSS's to the Monday evening Steering Division meeting at WGMs.
  • This would be one of many deadlines that co-chairs should know about.
  • A suggestion was made to create a "CoChair calendar" that indicate deadlines for non-publishing tasks, such as submitting room requests, etc.
  • Rick took an action item to create a calendar based on the Generic WGM Checklist doc. He will present his work at next week's TRAC meeting.

Adjourned 11:00 AM

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)

Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

© 2014 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved