Difference between revisions of "2014-03-03 TSC Call Agenda"

From HL7 TSC
Jump to navigation Jump to search
 
(11 intermediate revisions by the same user not shown)
Line 4: Line 4:
  
 
===Meeting Info/Attendees===
 
===Meeting Info/Attendees===
{{:TSC Meetings}}
+
   [[Category:2014 TSC Minutes]]
   [[Category:2014 TSC Minutes|Agenda Template]]
 
  
 
{|border="1" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0"  
 
{|border="1" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0"  
Line 23: Line 22:
 
|colspan="2"|Chair/CTO ||colspan="2"|ArB ||colspan="2"|International Affiliate Rep ||colspan="2"|Ad-Hoc
 
|colspan="2"|Chair/CTO ||colspan="2"|ArB ||colspan="2"|International Affiliate Rep ||colspan="2"|Ad-Hoc
 
|-
 
|-
|.||Ken McCaslin||.||Tony Julian||.|| Jean Duteau||.||Austin Kreisler
+
|x||Ken McCaslin||x||Tony Julian||x|| Jean Duteau||regrets||Austin Kreisler
 
|-
 
|-
|.||John Quinn ||.||Lorraine Constable||.|| Giorgio Cangioli||.||
+
|x||John Quinn ||x||Lorraine Constable||x|| Giorgio Cangioli||.||
  
 
|-
 
|-
Line 34: Line 33:
  
 
|-
 
|-
|.||Melva Peters||.||Woody Beeler||.||Calvin Beebe||.||Freida Hall
+
|x||Melva Peters||x||Woody Beeler||x||Calvin Beebe||x||Freida Hall
 
|-
 
|-
|.||John Roberts||.||Paul Knapp||.||Pat van Dyke||.||Andy Stechishin
+
|x||John Roberts||x||Paul Knapp||x||Pat van Dyke||x||Andy Stechishin
 
|-
 
|-
 
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|''ex officio''
 
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|''ex officio''
Line 43: Line 42:
 
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|HL7 Staff
 
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|HL7 Staff
 
|-
 
|-
|.||Don Mon (HL7 Chair) w/vote||.|| ||.||''obs1''||.||Lynn Laakso
+
|.||Don Mon (HL7 Chair) w/vote||.|| ||x||Brian Pech||x||Lynn Laakso
 
|-
 
|-
 
|.|| (Vice Chair) <s>vote</s>||.||.||.||''obs2''||.||
 
|.|| (Vice Chair) <s>vote</s>||.||.||.||''obs2''||.||
Line 59: Line 58:
 
#Agenda review and approval -
 
#Agenda review and approval -
 
#Approve Minutes of [[2014-02-17 TSC Call Agenda]]
 
#Approve Minutes of [[2014-02-17 TSC Call Agenda]]
 +
#Recommendation by PIC for WGH metric review DMP every 3 years (change from 2 years)
 
====Governance====
 
====Governance====
 
<!--  Governance      -->
 
<!--  Governance      -->
Line 69: Line 69:
 
====Management====
 
====Management====
 
#Review [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemBrowse&tracker_id=494 action items] –
 
#Review [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemBrowse&tracker_id=494 action items] –
 +
<!--#*WGM follow up on IP restrictions (Target date March 10)
 +
#**Ken will follow up on whether to make available the reconciliation spreadsheet when it only contains snippets of the standard
 +
#**Ken and John will need to discuss IP protection of V3 development content - not discrete documents e.g. IGs.
 +
#**Ken and John to go back to the board with Woody's recognition of development material restrictions as a threat to the ability of the organization to do its collaborative work-->
 
<!--    Management      -->
 
<!--    Management      -->
 
<!--    Approvals  -->
 
<!--    Approvals  -->
#Approval items:
+
#Approval items: FMG/FGB appointments
#Approval items from e-vote:  
+
#Approval items from e-vote ending 2/21: approved 8/0/0 with 1 Ad-Hoc, 2 Affiliate, ARB, CTO, DESD, FTSD, T3SD voting
 
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2848/11338/2012Sept_StrucDocs_HQMFSpecR2_PSS%20v2012_updt%2012%2003%202013_2.doc Project scope update approval request] for ''Health Quality Measure Format (HQMF) Specification, Release 2.x '' for CQI of DESD cosponsored by CDS and Structured Documents WG of SSD SD and PHER of DESD at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=508 Project Insight #508] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2848 TSC Tracker 2848] reviewed by US Realm Task force and referred back to TSC for approval.
 
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2848/11338/2012Sept_StrucDocs_HQMFSpecR2_PSS%20v2012_updt%2012%2003%202013_2.doc Project scope update approval request] for ''Health Quality Measure Format (HQMF) Specification, Release 2.x '' for CQI of DESD cosponsored by CDS and Structured Documents WG of SSD SD and PHER of DESD at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=508 Project Insight #508] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2848 TSC Tracker 2848] reviewed by US Realm Task force and referred back to TSC for approval.
 
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2961/11437/%48%4c%37%5f%50%75%62%6c%69%63%61%74%69%6f%6e%5f%52%65%71%75%65%73%74%5f%51%44%4d%2d%62%61%73%65%64%20%48%51%4d%46%20%49%47%5f%32%30%31%34%20%30%32%20%31%32%2e%64%6f%63%78 DSTU publication request] for ''HL7 Version 3 Implementation Guide: Quality Data Model (QDM)-based Health Quality Measure Format (HQMF), Release 1 – US Realm'' for SDWG of SSD SD at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=756 Project Insight #756] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2961 TSC Tracker 2961]
 
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2961/11437/%48%4c%37%5f%50%75%62%6c%69%63%61%74%69%6f%6e%5f%52%65%71%75%65%73%74%5f%51%44%4d%2d%62%61%73%65%64%20%48%51%4d%46%20%49%47%5f%32%30%31%34%20%30%32%20%31%32%2e%64%6f%63%78 DSTU publication request] for ''HL7 Version 3 Implementation Guide: Quality Data Model (QDM)-based Health Quality Measure Format (HQMF), Release 1 – US Realm'' for SDWG of SSD SD at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=756 Project Insight #756] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2961 TSC Tracker 2961]
#*FMG/FGB appointments
+
#Approval items for e-vote this week
 +
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2847/11337/HL7%20Project%20Scope%20Statement%20v2013%201_Emergency%20Care%20DAM%20398%20updated%2020140117.doc Project scope update approval request] for ''Emergency Care (EC) Domain Analyses Model, Release 1 '' for EC of DESD at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=368 Project Insight #368] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2847 TSC Tracker 2847] upon review by US Realm TF
 +
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/3009/11472/Continuous%20aECG%20HL7%20Project%20Scope%20Statement%202014-02-06.docx Project scope approval request] for ''Annotated ECG IG Release 2 (HL7 Version 3 Implementation Guide: Regulated Studies; Annotated ECG (aECG), R1, Release 2 - US Realm) '' for RCRIM of DESD at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=1070 Project Insight #1070] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=3009 TSC Tracker 3009]
 +
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/3000/11467/%48%4c%37%5f%50%75%62%6c%69%63%61%74%69%6f%6e%5f%52%65%71%75%65%73%74%20%2d%20%43%44%41%52%32%5f%49%47%5f%48%41%49%52%50%54%5f%52%32%5f%44%31%5f%31%5f%32%30%31%34%46%45%42%2e%64%6f%63%78 DSTU Update request] for ''HL7 Implementation Guide for CDA Release 2 - Level 3: Healthcare Associated Infection Reports, Release 2 , DSTU Release 1.1 (US Realm)'' for SDWG of SSD SD at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=1003 Project Insight #1003] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=3000 TSC Tracker 3000]
 
<!--  Management      -->
 
<!--  Management      -->
 
<!--  Discussion  -->
 
<!--  Discussion  -->
 
#Discussion topics:  
 
#Discussion topics:  
#*Report back from PHER on ELR IG R2
+
#*Report back from PHER on ELR IG R2 (HL7 Version 2.5.1 Implementation Guide: Electronic Laboratory Reporting to Public Health, Release 2 (US Realm))
 
#Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
 
#Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
 +
#*Congratulations to Security WG of FTSD on their normative request for publication of the HL7 Version 3 Standard: Security and Privacy Ontology, Release 1!
 +
#*Congratulations to Security WG of FTSD on their normative request for publication of the HL7 Implementation Guide: Data Segmentation for Privacy (DS4P), Release 1!
 +
#*Congratulations to Pharmacy WG of DESD on their normative request for publication of the ''JIC Health Informatics – Identification of Medicinal Products'' standards:
 +
#**''Data elements and structures for unique identification and exchange of regulated information on substances, Release 1''
 +
#**''Data elements and structures for unique identification and exchange of regulated information on pharmaceutical dose forms, units of presentation and routes of administration, Release 1''
 +
#**''Data elements and structures for unique identification and exchange of regulated pharmaceutical product information, Release 1''
 +
#**''Data elements and structures for unique identification and exchange of regulated medicinal product information, Release 1''
 +
#**''Data elements and structures for unique identification of Units of Measurement, Release 1''
 +
#*Congratulations to EHR WG of SSD SD on their normative request for publication of the ISO 16527 / HL7 Personal Health Record System Functional Model, Release 1!
 
<!-- #WGM Planning - -->
 
<!-- #WGM Planning - -->
 
#[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemBrowse&tracker_id=313 Open Issues List]
 
#[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemBrowse&tracker_id=313 Open Issues List]
 
 
  
 
===Minutes===
 
===Minutes===
 
'''Minutes/Conclusions Reached:'''<br/>
 
'''Minutes/Conclusions Reached:'''<br/>
 +
Ken notes that the Board call follows so will need to wrap up at 11:55.
 +
#Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests) Brian is observing.
 +
#Agenda review and approval - approved by general consent
 +
#Approve Minutes of [[2014-02-17 TSC Call Agenda]] approved by general consent
 +
#Recommendation by PIC for WGH metric review DMP every 3 years (change from 2 years) approved by general consent
 +
====Governance====
 +
<!--  Governance      -->
 +
<!--  Discussion  -->
 +
#Discussion topics:
 +
#* updated [[Strategic_Initiatives_TSC_Dashboard]] metrics discussion
 +
#**TSC commented on the inclusion of FHIR
 +
#**The Board is still deliberating and without a new Board chair the 2014 SI are not ready for review; postpone to after Board review post-election.
 +
#:Jean and JohnR join
 +
====Management====
 +
#Review [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemBrowse&tracker_id=494 action items] – defer
 +
<!--#*WGM follow up on IP restrictions (Target date March 10)
 +
#**Ken will follow up on whether to make available the reconciliation spreadsheet when it only contains snippets of the standard
 +
#**Ken and John will need to discuss IP protection of V3 development content - not discrete documents e.g. IGs.
 +
#**Ken and John to go back to the board with Woody's recognition of development material restrictions as a threat to the ability of the organization to do its collaborative work-->
 +
<!--    Management      -->
 +
<!--    Approvals  -->
 +
#Approval items: FMG/FGB appointments
 +
#*No candidate list received yet. Action Item: Ken will email Ron Parker; postpone to next week circulating list as soon as possible.
 +
#Approval items from e-vote ending 2/21: approved 8/0/0 with 1 Ad-Hoc, 2 Affiliate, ARB, CTO, DESD, FTSD, T3SD voting
 +
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2848/11338/2012Sept_StrucDocs_HQMFSpecR2_PSS%20v2012_updt%2012%2003%202013_2.doc Project scope update approval request] for ''Health Quality Measure Format (HQMF) Specification, Release 2.x '' for CQI of DESD cosponsored by CDS and Structured Documents WG of SSD SD and PHER of DESD at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=508 Project Insight #508] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2848 TSC Tracker 2848] reviewed by US Realm Task force and referred back to TSC for approval.
 +
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2961/11437/%48%4c%37%5f%50%75%62%6c%69%63%61%74%69%6f%6e%5f%52%65%71%75%65%73%74%5f%51%44%4d%2d%62%61%73%65%64%20%48%51%4d%46%20%49%47%5f%32%30%31%34%20%30%32%20%31%32%2e%64%6f%63%78 DSTU publication request] for ''HL7 Version 3 Implementation Guide: Quality Data Model (QDM)-based Health Quality Measure Format (HQMF), Release 1 – US Realm'' for SDWG of SSD SD at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=756 Project Insight #756] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2961 TSC Tracker 2961]
 +
#Approval items for e-vote this week
 +
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2847/11337/HL7%20Project%20Scope%20Statement%20v2013%201_Emergency%20Care%20DAM%20398%20updated%2020140117.doc Project scope update approval request] for ''Emergency Care (EC) Domain Analyses Model, Release 1 '' for EC of DESD at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=368 Project Insight #368] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2847 TSC Tracker 2847] upon review by US Realm TF
 +
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/3009/11472/Continuous%20aECG%20HL7%20Project%20Scope%20Statement%202014-02-06.docx Project scope approval request] for ''Annotated ECG IG Release 2 (HL7 Version 3 Implementation Guide: Regulated Studies; Annotated ECG (aECG), R1, Release 2 - US Realm) '' for RCRIM of DESD at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=1070 Project Insight #1070] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=3009 TSC Tracker 3009]
 +
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/3000/11467/%48%4c%37%5f%50%75%62%6c%69%63%61%74%69%6f%6e%5f%52%65%71%75%65%73%74%20%2d%20%43%44%41%52%32%5f%49%47%5f%48%41%49%52%50%54%5f%52%32%5f%44%31%5f%31%5f%32%30%31%34%46%45%42%2e%64%6f%63%78 DSTU Update request] for ''HL7 Implementation Guide for CDA Release 2 - Level 3: Healthcare Associated Infection Reports, Release 2 , DSTU Release 1.1 (US Realm)'' for SDWG of SSD SD at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=1003 Project Insight #1003] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=3000 TSC Tracker 3000]
 +
<!--  Management      -->
 +
<!--  Discussion  -->
 +
#Discussion topics:
 +
#*Report back from PHER on ELR IG R2 (HL7 Version 2.5.1 Implementation Guide: Electronic Laboratory Reporting to Public Health, Release 2 (US Realm))
 +
#**John Roberts is on the call; PHER has discussed and has not yet reached a conclusion. Postpone three weeks to March 24.
 +
#*CIC PSS with feedback from Jean.
 +
#** <!--[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2793/11314/%48%4c%37%20%50%72%6f%6a%65%63%74%20%53%63%6f%70%65%20%53%74%61%74%65%6d%65%6e%74%20%54%42%20%32%30%31%34%2d%30%31%2d%30%37%5f%2e%64%6f%63--> 5-year old Project scope update approval for ''Tuberculosis Domain Analysis Model, Release 2'' for CIC of DESD at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=371 Project Insight #371] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2793 TSC Tracker 2793] - they wanted to show that their use cases included sending a message between systems. The statement would be revised and the PSS re-submitted. It won't be part of this week's e-vote but next week instead perhaps.
 +
#*Tony joins
 +
#Review [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemBrowse&tracker_id=494 action items]
 +
#*2058 Woody will create Strategic Dashboard criteria metrics for product Quality. Ballot quality measurement was in progress with Austin and has not yet been completed with Ballot Desktop analysis. Pat confirms that this was referred to TRAC and is not completed yet. This will be closed and 2059 referred to TRAC and assigned to Pat.
 +
#*2189 list of ORC liaison responsibilities assigned to Freida. She will work with Melva on this.
 +
#*2190 Monday Q1/Q2 cochair/facilitator training topics: Melva comments that some projects were created for facilitator training but not with respect to a Monday Q1/Q2 schedule. This would be Q1/Q2 of non-plenary meetings. Discussion ensued. Melva mentioned Tooling, Publishing, Vocab and MnM facilitator training were targeted. Woody notes that other types of facilitation were suggested but the existing facilitator groups are understaffed. Perhaps a general "facilitation" training is needed with some specialty training where needed. Paul has arrived and agrees that FTSD had that discussion. Woody notes that better understanding of the need for facilitation in the specific areas is a goal. Facilitator training, not co-chair training is of more interest. Close 2190 and pursue general facilitator training with facilitation skills and different skills for the individual work groups will be handled by those work groups. Melva notes that Education does not have the bandwidth to manage it. Education, Vocab, Project Services should be cosponsors, to figure out general facilitator toolset needed. Need to identify someone having good facilitation skills to lead the effort. Perhaps instead of a Monday Q1/Q2 we could do a Tuesday AM session - Melva suggests a set of webinars/tutorials so that their time can be better used at the WGM. Calvin asks if we have measurements on what kind of facilitators we need of each type to understand the shortage. Woody recounts that conformance facilitators were the discussion from Monday night's FTSD meeting. To what work group would such facilitators belong, to define the skillset for those facilitators; they would liaise between their group and the WG for which they facilitate. Minutes from [[FTSD-F2F-20140120]] reviewed. Woody suggests the Steering Division should take another run at it, working with other WGs like Education to develop it. Melva comments on the role for Project Facilitators for which Freida notes that a job description exists. Woody notes that harmonization proposals were suggested to be submitted by vocabulary facilitators and setting requirements in this space is an issue with creating roadbocks to the process. Pharmacy has a WG project facilitator keeping track of all projects in Pharmacy instead of individual project facilitators. We need to offer training for roles that are required on projects. Offering the training to cochairs discussed. Melva suggests Woody send Melva an invitation when FTSD will discuss and she will try to obtain representation.  Other good model facilitators discussed. Lorraine suggests that TSC members send suggestions to Ken; though Ken will allow the recommendations to be anonymous.
 +
#*2191 implementation references - reviewed [[2012-01-17_TSC_WGM_Agenda]]; opportunities missed to collect this information at HIMSS meetings. No longer a pressing issue; close tracker.
 +
#Nominations committee: TSC appointments are typically made at the May WGM but earlier would be of preference for Melva to be involved in the email trail leading up to the WGM as well as schedule planning for the WGM. Others willing to serve on nominations committee please submit names by next Monday.
 +
#Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
 +
#*Congratulations to Security WG of FTSD on their normative request for publication of the HL7 Version 3 Standard: Security and Privacy Ontology, Release 1!
 +
#*Congratulations to Security WG of FTSD on their normative request for publication of the HL7 Implementation Guide: Data Segmentation for Privacy (DS4P), Release 1!
 +
#*Congratulations to Pharmacy WG of DESD on their normative request for publication of the ''JIC Health Informatics – Identification of Medicinal Products'' standards:
 +
#**''Data elements and structures for unique identification and exchange of regulated information on substances, Release 1''
 +
#**''Data elements and structures for unique identification and exchange of regulated information on pharmaceutical dose forms, units of presentation and routes of administration, Release 1''
 +
#**''Data elements and structures for unique identification and exchange of regulated pharmaceutical product information, Release 1''
 +
#**''Data elements and structures for unique identification and exchange of regulated medicinal product information, Release 1''
 +
#**''Data elements and structures for unique identification of Units of Measurement, Release 1''
 +
#*Congratulations to EHR WG of SSD SD on their normative request for publication of the ISO 16527 / HL7 Personal Health Record System Functional Model, Release 1!
  
 
+
Adjourned 11:54 AM
'''''Please don't forget to hang up from the conference call '' (VOIP users)'''
 
 
 
  
 
===Next Steps===
 
===Next Steps===
Line 97: Line 163:
 
|-
 
|-
 
|colspan="4" |'''Actions''' ''(Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)''<br/>
 
|colspan="4" |'''Actions''' ''(Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)''<br/>
* .
+
* Send names of good examples of facilitators and any nominations for representative to nominations committee by Monday.
 
|-
 
|-
 
|colspan="4" |'''Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items'''<br/>
 
|colspan="4" |'''Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items'''<br/>

Latest revision as of 18:25, 3 March 2014

TSC Agenda/Minutes

Meeting Info/Attendees

HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
GoToMeeting ID: 273-848-837

Date: 2014-03-03
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Ken McCaslin Note taker(s): Lynn Laakso
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented yes/no
Chair/CTO ArB International Affiliate Rep Ad-Hoc
x Ken McCaslin x Tony Julian x Jean Duteau regrets Austin Kreisler
x John Quinn x Lorraine Constable x Giorgio Cangioli .
Domain Experts Foundation and Technology Structure and Semantic Design Technical and Support Services
x Melva Peters x Woody Beeler x Calvin Beebe x Freida Hall
x John Roberts x Paul Knapp x Pat van Dyke x Andy Stechishin
ex officio Invited Guests Observers HL7 Staff
. Don Mon (HL7 Chair) w/vote . x Brian Pech x Lynn Laakso
. (Vice Chair) vote . . . obs2 .
. Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote . . . .

Agenda

Housekeeping

  1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
  2. Agenda review and approval -
  3. Approve Minutes of 2014-02-17 TSC Call Agenda
  4. Recommendation by PIC for WGH metric review DMP every 3 years (change from 2 years)

Governance

  1. Approval items:
  2. Discussion topics:

Management

  1. Review action items
  2. Approval items: FMG/FGB appointments
  3. Approval items from e-vote ending 2/21: approved 8/0/0 with 1 Ad-Hoc, 2 Affiliate, ARB, CTO, DESD, FTSD, T3SD voting
  4. Approval items for e-vote this week
  5. Discussion topics:
    • Report back from PHER on ELR IG R2 (HL7 Version 2.5.1 Implementation Guide: Electronic Laboratory Reporting to Public Health, Release 2 (US Realm))
  6. Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
    • Congratulations to Security WG of FTSD on their normative request for publication of the HL7 Version 3 Standard: Security and Privacy Ontology, Release 1!
    • Congratulations to Security WG of FTSD on their normative request for publication of the HL7 Implementation Guide: Data Segmentation for Privacy (DS4P), Release 1!
    • Congratulations to Pharmacy WG of DESD on their normative request for publication of the JIC Health Informatics – Identification of Medicinal Products standards:
      • Data elements and structures for unique identification and exchange of regulated information on substances, Release 1
      • Data elements and structures for unique identification and exchange of regulated information on pharmaceutical dose forms, units of presentation and routes of administration, Release 1
      • Data elements and structures for unique identification and exchange of regulated pharmaceutical product information, Release 1
      • Data elements and structures for unique identification and exchange of regulated medicinal product information, Release 1
      • Data elements and structures for unique identification of Units of Measurement, Release 1
    • Congratulations to EHR WG of SSD SD on their normative request for publication of the ISO 16527 / HL7 Personal Health Record System Functional Model, Release 1!
  7. Open Issues List

Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:
Ken notes that the Board call follows so will need to wrap up at 11:55.

  1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests) Brian is observing.
  2. Agenda review and approval - approved by general consent
  3. Approve Minutes of 2014-02-17 TSC Call Agenda approved by general consent
  4. Recommendation by PIC for WGH metric review DMP every 3 years (change from 2 years) approved by general consent

Governance

  1. Discussion topics:
    • updated Strategic_Initiatives_TSC_Dashboard metrics discussion
      • TSC commented on the inclusion of FHIR
      • The Board is still deliberating and without a new Board chair the 2014 SI are not ready for review; postpone to after Board review post-election.
    Jean and JohnR join

Management

  1. Review action items – defer
  2. Approval items: FMG/FGB appointments
    • No candidate list received yet. Action Item: Ken will email Ron Parker; postpone to next week circulating list as soon as possible.
  3. Approval items from e-vote ending 2/21: approved 8/0/0 with 1 Ad-Hoc, 2 Affiliate, ARB, CTO, DESD, FTSD, T3SD voting
  4. Approval items for e-vote this week
  5. Discussion topics:
    • Report back from PHER on ELR IG R2 (HL7 Version 2.5.1 Implementation Guide: Electronic Laboratory Reporting to Public Health, Release 2 (US Realm))
      • John Roberts is on the call; PHER has discussed and has not yet reached a conclusion. Postpone three weeks to March 24.
    • CIC PSS with feedback from Jean.
      • 5-year old Project scope update approval for Tuberculosis Domain Analysis Model, Release 2 for CIC of DESD at Project Insight #371 and TSC Tracker 2793 - they wanted to show that their use cases included sending a message between systems. The statement would be revised and the PSS re-submitted. It won't be part of this week's e-vote but next week instead perhaps.
    • Tony joins
  6. Review action items
    • 2058 Woody will create Strategic Dashboard criteria metrics for product Quality. Ballot quality measurement was in progress with Austin and has not yet been completed with Ballot Desktop analysis. Pat confirms that this was referred to TRAC and is not completed yet. This will be closed and 2059 referred to TRAC and assigned to Pat.
    • 2189 list of ORC liaison responsibilities assigned to Freida. She will work with Melva on this.
    • 2190 Monday Q1/Q2 cochair/facilitator training topics: Melva comments that some projects were created for facilitator training but not with respect to a Monday Q1/Q2 schedule. This would be Q1/Q2 of non-plenary meetings. Discussion ensued. Melva mentioned Tooling, Publishing, Vocab and MnM facilitator training were targeted. Woody notes that other types of facilitation were suggested but the existing facilitator groups are understaffed. Perhaps a general "facilitation" training is needed with some specialty training where needed. Paul has arrived and agrees that FTSD had that discussion. Woody notes that better understanding of the need for facilitation in the specific areas is a goal. Facilitator training, not co-chair training is of more interest. Close 2190 and pursue general facilitator training with facilitation skills and different skills for the individual work groups will be handled by those work groups. Melva notes that Education does not have the bandwidth to manage it. Education, Vocab, Project Services should be cosponsors, to figure out general facilitator toolset needed. Need to identify someone having good facilitation skills to lead the effort. Perhaps instead of a Monday Q1/Q2 we could do a Tuesday AM session - Melva suggests a set of webinars/tutorials so that their time can be better used at the WGM. Calvin asks if we have measurements on what kind of facilitators we need of each type to understand the shortage. Woody recounts that conformance facilitators were the discussion from Monday night's FTSD meeting. To what work group would such facilitators belong, to define the skillset for those facilitators; they would liaise between their group and the WG for which they facilitate. Minutes from FTSD-F2F-20140120 reviewed. Woody suggests the Steering Division should take another run at it, working with other WGs like Education to develop it. Melva comments on the role for Project Facilitators for which Freida notes that a job description exists. Woody notes that harmonization proposals were suggested to be submitted by vocabulary facilitators and setting requirements in this space is an issue with creating roadbocks to the process. Pharmacy has a WG project facilitator keeping track of all projects in Pharmacy instead of individual project facilitators. We need to offer training for roles that are required on projects. Offering the training to cochairs discussed. Melva suggests Woody send Melva an invitation when FTSD will discuss and she will try to obtain representation. Other good model facilitators discussed. Lorraine suggests that TSC members send suggestions to Ken; though Ken will allow the recommendations to be anonymous.
    • 2191 implementation references - reviewed 2012-01-17_TSC_WGM_Agenda; opportunities missed to collect this information at HIMSS meetings. No longer a pressing issue; close tracker.
  7. Nominations committee: TSC appointments are typically made at the May WGM but earlier would be of preference for Melva to be involved in the email trail leading up to the WGM as well as schedule planning for the WGM. Others willing to serve on nominations committee please submit names by next Monday.
  8. Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
    • Congratulations to Security WG of FTSD on their normative request for publication of the HL7 Version 3 Standard: Security and Privacy Ontology, Release 1!
    • Congratulations to Security WG of FTSD on their normative request for publication of the HL7 Implementation Guide: Data Segmentation for Privacy (DS4P), Release 1!
    • Congratulations to Pharmacy WG of DESD on their normative request for publication of the JIC Health Informatics – Identification of Medicinal Products standards:
      • Data elements and structures for unique identification and exchange of regulated information on substances, Release 1
      • Data elements and structures for unique identification and exchange of regulated information on pharmaceutical dose forms, units of presentation and routes of administration, Release 1
      • Data elements and structures for unique identification and exchange of regulated pharmaceutical product information, Release 1
      • Data elements and structures for unique identification and exchange of regulated medicinal product information, Release 1
      • Data elements and structures for unique identification of Units of Measurement, Release 1
    • Congratulations to EHR WG of SSD SD on their normative request for publication of the ISO 16527 / HL7 Personal Health Record System Functional Model, Release 1!

Adjourned 11:54 AM

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • Send names of good examples of facilitators and any nominations for representative to nominations committee by Monday.
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


© 2014 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.