Difference between revisions of "2014-01-20 TSC WGM Minutes"

From HL7 TSC
Jump to navigation Jump to search
 
(One intermediate revision by the same user not shown)
Line 114: Line 114:
 
|colspan="4" |'''Quorum Requirements Met: '''n/a  
 
|colspan="4" |'''Quorum Requirements Met: '''n/a  
 
|-
 
|-
|colspan="4" |   
+
|colspan="4" |  See [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/docmanfileversion/7762/11356/%32%30%31%34%4a%61%6e%41%74%74%65%6e%64%65%65%73%5f%63%6f%63%68%61%69%72%64%69%6e%6e%65%72%57%47%4d%2e%70%64%66 attendance list]
 
   
 
   
 
|}
 
|}

Latest revision as of 19:16, 10 February 2014

back to TSC_Minutes_and_Agendas

Day Date ' Time Icon Event Chair Scribe Room
Monday 2014 Jan 20 AM Q1
Q2
PM Q3
Q4
Q5 Business med.gif TSC Monday Co-Chairs Dinner/Meeting
Ken McCaslin Lynn Laakso Room Regency Ballroom West
- - - Collect food/drink from buffet
TSC Co-chairs Dinner
17:30 - 17:40 Welcome and TSC Chair Report Ken McCaslin, TSC Chair
17:40 - 17:50 Update from HQ

- Reminders:


New co-chair training – Th 7am – Blanco

Karen Van Hentenryck
17:50 – 18:00 CTO Report John Quinn
18:00 – 18:07 Ballot Report Don Lloyd
18:07 – 18:17 ES Updates Lorraine Constable, ES Co-chair
18:17 - 18:25 Methodology and Harmonization Report Woody Beeler, MnM
18:25 - 18:30 PMO/Project Services update Dave Hamill, PMO
18:30 - 18:35 Austin Kreisler
18:35 - 18:40 Update from FHIR Management Group Lloyd McKenzie, FMG co-chair
18:40 - 19:00 IP discussion and update Ken McCaslin
19:00 - 20:00 Steering Division Meetings

Domain Experts-
Foundation and Technology -
Structure and Semantic Design -
Technical and Support Services -

DESD - Frio'
FTSD -
Llano
SSD SD -
Nueces
T3SD -
Blanco

Minutes

Meeting Information

HL7 Co-chairs dinner/meeting

Location: President's Ballroom

Date: 2014-01-20
Time: 17:15-21:00pm EDT
Facilitator Ken McCaslin Note taker(s) Lynn Laakso
Quorum Requirements Met: n/a
See attendance list


Agenda

  1. Welcome and TSC reports - Ken McCaslin, TSC Chair
  2. Update from HQ - Karen Van Hentenryck, Lillian Bigham
    • Reminders:
      press release forms
      meeting minutes to http://www.hl7.org/permalink/?UploadMinutes
      Updates to Facilitator List
      Rooming needs next WGM
      Draft agendas for next WGM
      New co-chair training – Th 7am – Room: Blanco
  3. CTO Report - John Quinn, CTO
  4. Ballot Report - Don Lloyd
  5. ES Updates - Lorraine Constable, ES Co-Chair
  6. - Austin Kreisler
  7. Update from the FHIR Management Group - Lloyd McKenzie
  8. Methodology and Harmonization Report - Woody Beeler, MnM
  9. PMO/Project Services Update -
  10. IP Discussion and Update - Ken McCaslin
  11. Adjourn to Steering Division meetings


Minutes

  1. Welcome and TSC reports - Ken McCaslin, TSC Chair
    • Many thanks to Austin for his TSC Chair leadership
    • Jean Duteau noted that agendas are posted in different locations; Lynn stated they need to be somewhere they can be found and linked from WGM Information wiki.
    • AMS asks about agenda templates - these are available from the WGM Information page.
  2. CTO Report - John Quinn, CTO
    • John reports on Tooling OWL work, Conformance Testing, FHIR
  3. Ballot Report - Don Lloyd
  4. ES Updates - Lorraine Constable, ES Co-Chair
  5. Methodology and Harmonization Report - Woody Beeler, MnM
    • AMS asks about new and dissolving WGs which are infrequent
    • Ken comments that Woody did mention that we passed the ANSI audit
  6. PMO/Project Services Update - Dave Hamill
    • Kathleen asks when do we do the metrics - 6x a year they are calculated. Dave acknowledges there can be errors in them and Kathleen notes there are some time constraints that are difficult to meet. Dave encourages her to consult with whomever is responsible for that area of the PBS Metrics as indicated in the helpful hints tab.
  7. - Austin Kreisler
    • Austin echoes John's report on Lloyd's work on the MIF to OWL. Lloyd is awarded the prize he asked, a McDonald's Happy Meal.
  8. Update from the FHIR Management Group - Lloyd McKenzie
    • DSTU Passed and they plan to work on publishing next week. Next plan is MnM will develop methodology for quality, to be completed by March please attend MnM calls to participate. QA release in September. Next ballot would be next January. FGB has changed terms of reference and are looking for representatives in vendor and provider (delivery organization) stakeholder areas. Please contact him or Ken for suggestions.
  9. IP update - Ken McCaslin
    • Protections to proposed and final ballot material to preserve member benefit value
    • Hans asks if WGM minutes include reconciliation material should that be protected? Minutes should be freely available notes Chuck, but the excel spreadsheet can be protected.
    • Andy Stechishin notes that ITS is currently working on a document brought in from the outside that was previously public - do they need to go back and make an assertion of IP? Chuck notes if there is jointly shared material there should be a joint copyright agreement. Andy asks for a template copyright agreement - Karen states the new SOU template has this in there.
    • Dale asks how the 90 days rule was arrived at as it seems short. It was determined at the Board level and they did solicit input from stakeholders but Ken notes his organization was in favor of a longer period.
    • Woody notes that the reconciliation spreadsheet only contains snippets of the standard and may wish to reconsider allowing the reconciliation spreadsheet to be available. Action item: Ken will follow up
    • Patty Craig of JCAHO with CQI asks about whether the members only section of the work group website is accessible to any organization member or only to voting members. It is only to voting members.
    • Austin notes that it sounds like we have to start protecting IP at project start; Ken notes that "ballot material" Whether proposed or final means material in the readiness to submit as ballot content. Austin asks about V3 content - Ken notes that he and John will need to discuss further
    • Hans also asks for further clarification
    • Mark Shafarman asks how this applies to the wiki - the wiki is a great place for development notes Ken but once you've prepared documents that are in readiness for ballot you should not put them on the wiki. Mark asks further if this affects the affiliates - it is not thought to.
    • Hugh Glover asks about more guidance in each area used for such development. The when, the what and the how of the transition from development material to protected IP.
    • Diego asks if an affiliate can access the member-only material? It's Ken's understanding that if the affiliate comes through their integration with their website they have member privileges. Melva adds the affiliates have a generic login as well.
    • Ken Pool of PHER notes when they need guidance from an external party and they request review of material by an external party do we need to ask them to respect the IP? Ken notes if you send them the entire document you are giving it away but if you only send them a particular piece that would allow you to gain that knowledge and feedback on that subject matter expert's area.
    • Woody states that the ability of the organization to do its collaborative work is threatened by this policy. He asks Ken and John to go back to the board with recognition of this threat.
    • Kathleen notes that this doesn't really prevent IP theft and just makes the cochairs work harder.
    • Ted notes a question on the wiki for uploading files. Ken notes if such an upload would jeopardize the IP it needs protection and asks Ted for a followup conversation.
    • Rick Haddorff notes that Project Services has a PSS for interim storage for draft ballot material. Ken asks him to use the discussion tonight as discovery and feedback for that project.
    • Mark Shafarman echoes the concern over restriction of the collaborative process.
    • Mark McDougall asserts that the Board will review the feedback tonight but wanted to communicate that 90% of enrollees on the listserv are nonmembers.
    • Grant Wood as chair of membership committee wishes to state it was not the intent to stop the collaboration activity. Membership and Finance committees have been looking at improving membership value and stem the tide of organizational nonrenewal. However along with these concerns we also need to recruit everyone's help in stimulating membership
    • Stan Huff notes that he and the other Board Members will take everyone's comments quite seriously and will review this feedback. He encourages the group to move beyond this topic tonight and let them consider.
  10. Adjourn to Steering Division meetings 6:53 PM