Difference between revisions of "2014-01-13 TSC Call Agenda"

From HL7 TSC
Jump to navigation Jump to search
(Created page with '{{subst::TSC Minutes template}}')
 
 
(12 intermediate revisions by the same user not shown)
Line 2: Line 2:
 
==TSC Agenda/Minutes ==
 
==TSC Agenda/Minutes ==
  
 
<!--
 
  EDITORS - When converting the content from Agenda to minuets:
 
  1) Delete the string "|Agenda Template" from   
 
        [[Category:2014 TSC Minutes|Agenda Template]] below
 
  2) Delete the Logistics template reference
 
        {{:TSC Meetings}}  below
 
-->
 
 
===Meeting Info/Attendees===
 
===Meeting Info/Attendees===
 
{{:TSC Meetings}}
 
{{:TSC Meetings}}
Line 17: Line 9:
 
| width="0%" colspan="2" align="left" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|'''HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes''' <br/>
 
| width="0%" colspan="2" align="left" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|'''HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes''' <br/>
 
'''Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#'''<br/> GoToMeeting ID: [https://www.gotomeeting.com/join/273848837 273-848-837 ]
 
'''Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#'''<br/> GoToMeeting ID: [https://www.gotomeeting.com/join/273848837 273-848-837 ]
| width="0%" colspan="1" align="left" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|'''Date: 2014-MM-DD'''<br/> '''Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern'''
+
| width="0%" colspan="1" align="left" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|'''Date: 2014-01-13'''<br/> '''Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern'''
 
|-
 
|-
| width="0%" colspan="2" align="right"|'''Facilitator''': Ken McCaslin
+
| width="0%" colspan="2" align="right"|'''Facilitator''': John Quinn
 
| width="0%" colspan="1" align="right"|'''Note taker(s)''': Lynn Laakso
 
| width="0%" colspan="1" align="right"|'''Note taker(s)''': Lynn Laakso
 
|}
 
|}
Line 25: Line 17:
 
{|border="1" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0"  
 
{|border="1" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0"  
 
|colspan="4" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"| Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented
 
|colspan="4" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"| Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"| '''yes/no'''
+
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"| '''yes'''
 
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|
 
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|
 
|-
 
|-
 
|colspan="2"|Chair/CTO ||colspan="2"|ArB ||colspan="2"|International Affiliate Rep ||colspan="2"|Ad-Hoc
 
|colspan="2"|Chair/CTO ||colspan="2"|ArB ||colspan="2"|International Affiliate Rep ||colspan="2"|Ad-Hoc
 
|-
 
|-
|.||Ken McCaslin||.||Tony Julian||.|| Jean Duteau||.||Austin Kreisler
+
|regrets||Ken McCaslin||x||Tony Julian||x|| Jean Duteau||x||Austin Kreisler
 
|-
 
|-
|.||John Quinn ||.||Lorraine Constable||.|| Giorgio Cangioli||.||
+
|x||John Quinn ||x||Lorraine Constable||x|| Giorgio Cangioli||.||
  
 
|-
 
|-
Line 41: Line 33:
  
 
|-
 
|-
|.||Melva Peters||.||Woody Beeler||.||Calvin Beebe||.||Freida Hall
+
|x||Melva Peters||x||Woody Beeler||.||Calvin Beebe||x||Freida Hall
 
|-
 
|-
|.||John Roberts||.||Paul Knapp||.||Pat van Dyke||.||Andy Stechishin
+
|x||John Roberts||x||Paul Knapp||x||Pat van Dyke||x||Andy Stechishin
 
|-
 
|-
 
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|''ex officio''
 
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|''ex officio''
Line 50: Line 42:
 
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|HL7 Staff
 
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|HL7 Staff
 
|-
 
|-
|.||Bob Dolin  (HL7 Chair) w/vote||.|| ||.||''obs1''||.||Lynn Laakso
+
|.||Don Mon (HL7 Chair) w/vote||.|| ||x||Bob Dieterle||x||Lynn Laakso
 
|-
 
|-
|.||Don Mon (Vice Chair) <s>vote</s>||.||.||.||''obs2''||.||
+
|.|| (Vice Chair) <s>vote</s>||.||.||x||Durwin Day||.||
 
|-
 
|-
 
|.||Chuck Jaffe (CEO) <s> vote</s>
 
|.||Chuck Jaffe (CEO) <s> vote</s>
Line 64: Line 56:
 
'''Housekeeping''' <br/>
 
'''Housekeeping''' <br/>
 
#Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
 
#Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
#Agenda review and approval - Austin Kreisler
+
#Agenda review and approval - John Q
#Approve Minutes of [[2014-MM-DD TSC Call Agenda]]
+
#Approve Minutes of [[2014-01-06 TSC Call Agenda]]
 +
#Fill out your forms for Karen for team building!
 
====Governance====
 
====Governance====
 
<!--  Governance      -->
 
<!--  Governance      -->
<!--    Approvals  -->
+
<!--    Approvals   
#Approval items:
+
#Approval items: -->
 
<!--  Governance      -->
 
<!--  Governance      -->
 
<!--  Discussion  -->
 
<!--  Discussion  -->
 
#Discussion topics:  
 
#Discussion topics:  
 +
#*Followup from Policy summit
 
====Management====
 
====Management====
 
#Review [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemBrowse&tracker_id=494 action items] –
 
#Review [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemBrowse&tracker_id=494 action items] –
 +
#*Andy, with Freida, Ken McCaslin, and John Roberts will work on IG definition and conformance and inviting Rob Snelick;
 +
#*Calvin and Lorraine, aided by Jean will work on DAM desirable consistency value proposition, and conformance definition.
 +
#*TRAC to recommend [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/docmanfileversion/7723/11286/%43%6f%6e%73%6f%6c%69%64%61%74%65%64%52%69%73%6b%41%73%73%65%73%73%6d%65%6e%74%2e%78%6c%73%78 updated WGH metrics]
 +
#*TRAC governance point on project scope deadline
 +
#Discussion topics:
 +
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2788/11274/%50%72%6f%6a%65%63%74%52%65%70%6f%72%74%5f%32%30%31%33%31%30%31%30%65%2e%78%6c%73 Review] of remaining 5-year old projects from [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2788 TSC Tracker 2788]
 +
#*Results of e-discussion on proposed changes to [http://www.hl7.org/documentcenter/public/ballots/2014JAN/downloads/HL7_SI2014_R1_O1_2014JAN.pdf Strategic Initiatives]
 +
#**2.2.4 - End to end V3/CDA {FHIR??} template and implementation guide infrastructure has been developed (Lynn)
 +
#*formation of a TSC task force on Help Desk and Conformance testing
 
<!--    Management      -->
 
<!--    Management      -->
 
<!--    Approvals  -->
 
<!--    Approvals  -->
#Approval items:
+
#For naming convention review from US Realm Task Force, and approval
 +
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2823/11260/%48%4c%37%5f%50%75%62%6c%69%63%61%74%69%6f%6e%5f%52%65%71%75%65%73%74%5f%43%44%53%20%4b%41%20%49%47%20%52%31%20%44%53%54%55%20%32%30%31%33%2d%31%32%2e%64%6f%63%78 DSTU Publication Request] for '''HL7 Version 3 Implementation Guide: Clinical Decision Support; Knowledge Artifact Implementations, Release 1''' from ''HL7 Implementation Guide: Clinical Decision Support Knowledge Artifact Implementations, Release 1'' for CDS WG of SSD SD at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=931 Project Insight #931] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2823 TSC Tracker 2823].
 +
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2825/11262/%48%4c%37%5f%50%75%62%6c%69%63%61%74%69%6f%6e%5f%52%65%71%75%65%73%74%5f%76%4d%52%20%58%4d%4c%20%52%31%20%49%6e%66%6f%72%6d%61%74%69%76%65%20%32%30%31%33%2d%31%32%2d%31%32%2e%64%6f%63%78 Informative Publication Request] of '''HL7 Version 3 Standard: Clinical Decision Support; Virtual Medical Record (vMR) XML Specification, Release 1''' from ''HL7 Virtual Medical Record for Clinical Decision Support (vMR-CDS) XML Implementation Guide, Release 1'' for CDS WG of SSD SD at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=1016 Project Insight # 1016] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2825 TSC Tracker 2825].
 +
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2826/11263/%48%4c%37%5f%50%75%62%6c%69%63%61%74%69%6f%6e%5f%52%65%71%75%65%73%74%5f%76%4d%52%20%54%65%6d%70%6c%61%74%65%73%20%52%31%20%49%6e%66%6f%72%6d%61%74%69%76%65%20%32%30%31%33%2d%31%32%2e%64%6f%63%78 Informative Publication Request] for '''HL7 Version 3 Standard: Clinical Decision Support; Virtual Medical Record (vMR) Templates, Release 1 ''' instead of ''HL7 Virtual Medical Record for Clinical Decision Support (vMR-CDS) Templates, Release 1'' for CDS WG of SSD SD at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=1030 Project Insight # 1030] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2826 TSC Tracker 2826].#Approval items from e-vote:
 +
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2824/11261/%48%4c%37%5f%50%75%62%6c%69%63%61%74%69%6f%6e%5f%52%65%71%75%65%73%74%5f%76%4d%52%20%4c%4d%20%52%32%20%49%6e%66%6f%72%6d%61%74%69%76%65%20%32%30%31%33%2d%31%32%2e%64%6f%63%78 Informative Publication Request] for '''HL7 Version 3 Standard: Clinical Decision Support; Virtual Medical Record (vMR) Logical Model, Release 2 ''' in place of ''HL7 Virtual Medical Record for Clinical Decision Support (vMR-CDS) Logical Model, Release 2'' for CDS WG of SSD SD at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=1017 Project Insight # 1017] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2824 TSC Tracker 2824].
 +
#For review on the call:
 +
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2831/11313/%4f%4f%43%5f%42%61%6c%6c%6f%74%5f%4a%61%6e%32%30%31%34%43%44%41%52%32%49%47%41%64%64%6c%41%74%74%61%63%68%6d%65%6e%74%54%65%6d%70%6c%61%74%65%73%2e%64%6f%63 OOC Ballot request with updates for missing information] for ''HL7 Implementation Guide for CDA® Release 2: Consolidated-CDA Additional Attachment Templates, Release 1'' Attachments WG of DESD cosponsored by SDWG of SSD SD requested for Feb 14 – March 3 2014 at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=1048 Project Insight #1048] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2831 TSC Tracker 2831]
 +
#From e-vote this week: approved 7/0/0 with Ad-Hoc, 2 Affiliate, ArB, DESD, SSD SD and T3SD voting
 +
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2801/11249/HL7_PSS_Reaffirmation_Annotated%20ECG.doc Project approval request] for ''Reaffirmation of HL7 V3:Regulated Studies; Annotated ECG (aECG) R1'' for RCRIM OF DESD at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=1057 Project Insight #1057] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2801 TSC Tracker 2801]
 +
#For e-vote this week:
 +
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2833/11306/%48%4c%37%5f%50%75%62%6c%69%63%61%74%69%6f%6e%5f%52%65%71%75%65%73%74%5f%51%75%65%73%74%69%6f%6e%6e%61%69%72%65%2d%52%65%73%70%6f%6e%73%65%5f%32%30%31%34%4a%61%6e%2e%64%6f%63%78 DSTU Publication request] for ''HL7 Implementation Guide for CDA® Release 2: Questionnaire Response Document, Release 1'' for SDWG of SSD SD for 24 months at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=977 Project Insight #977] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2833 TSC Tracker 2833]
 +
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2832/11305/%48%4c%37%5f%50%75%62%6c%69%63%61%74%69%6f%6e%5f%52%65%71%75%65%73%74%5f%51%75%65%73%74%69%6f%6e%6e%61%69%72%65%2d%46%6f%72%6d%2d%44%65%66%69%6e%69%74%69%6f%6e%5f%32%30%31%34%4a%61%6e%2e%64%6f%63%78 DSTU Publication request] for ''HL7 Implementation Guide for CDA® Release 2: Questionnaire Form Definition Document, Release 1'' (balloted as Structured Form Definition Document) for SDWG of SSD SD for 24 months at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=976 Project Insight #976] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2832 TSC Tracker 2832]
 
<!--  Management      -->
 
<!--  Management      -->
 
<!--  Discussion  -->
 
<!--  Discussion  -->
#Discussion topics:
 
 
#Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
 
#Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
<!-- #WGM Planning - -->
+
#*Review WGH infractions for WGM Wednesday lunch invitations (309 registrations online)
 +
#*ArB BAM-lite progress and BAM task force
 +
#*Product Line Architecture program
 +
#*FGB/FMG updates
 +
#*TRAC
 +
#*US Realm Task Force
 +
#*UDI Task Force
 +
#*SAIF Architecture Program
 
#[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemBrowse&tracker_id=313 Open Issues List]
 
#[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemBrowse&tracker_id=313 Open Issues List]
  
Line 89: Line 109:
 
===Minutes===
 
===Minutes===
 
'''Minutes/Conclusions Reached:'''<br/>
 
'''Minutes/Conclusions Reached:'''<br/>
 +
Convened 11:05 AM
 +
#Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests) Robert Dieterle joins to discuss the OOC ballot; moved up on the agenda.
 +
#Agenda review and approval - John Q: approved by general consent
 +
#Approve Minutes of [[2014-01-06 TSC Call Agenda]]; Melva moves and Tony seconds approval, Giorgio abstains, passes 7/0/1
 +
#Fill out your forms for Karen for team building!
 +
#For review on the call:
 +
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2831/11313/%4f%4f%43%5f%42%61%6c%6c%6f%74%5f%4a%61%6e%32%30%31%34%43%44%41%52%32%49%47%41%64%64%6c%41%74%74%61%63%68%6d%65%6e%74%54%65%6d%70%6c%61%74%65%73%2e%64%6f%63 OOC Ballot request with updates for missing information] for ''HL7 Implementation Guide for CDA® Release 2: Consolidated-CDA Additional Attachment Templates, Release 1'' Attachments WG of DESD cosponsored by SDWG of SSD SD requested for Feb 14 – March 3 2014 at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=1048 Project Insight #1048] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2831 TSC Tracker 2831]; Lynn reviews the previously missing information. Bob mentions the WG wishes to publish a different name; it can be requested at publication time. They wish it to be published as HL7 Implementation Guide for CDA® Release 2: Consolidated-CDA Complete Documentation Templates, Release 1. Tony moved and Pat seconds approval of the modified document. Jean asks what the CMS deadlines are specifically to justify the OOC ballot. Interim voluntary EHR certification round in progress in which they wish to include this, as well as anticipated stage 3 sometime this summer. Attachments rule by regulation is supposed to come out in the first quarter of the calendar year. Regulation needs to cite a standard in ballot not necessarily having completed ballot. Unanimously approved.
 +
====Governance====
 +
<!--  Governance      -->
 +
<!--    Approvals 
 +
#Approval items: -->
 +
<!--  Governance      -->
 +
<!--  Discussion  -->
 +
#Discussion topics:
 +
#*Followup from Policy summit
 +
#**Recommendations from Halamka at the plenary was for the immediate release of FHIR. Doug Fridsma encouraged FHIR to be completed ASAP. At the policy summit Betsy Humphries' presentation echoed this as well as the use of the HL7 Terminology Authority (HTA). FHIR governance processes are not working as well; Ron has not been able to devote time to FGB as needed. Austin describes the challenges and notes there is a M&C update pending.
 +
#**Paul asks if the timing of the attention is causing discomfort (don't usually have such interest with a standard under development) or is there something further we need to be doing? Woody notes they have followed their proposed timeline all along; the only problem is with managing expectations. Paul suggests we need to get out there and set expectations instead of responding to expectations. We have put the tools together, largely core components being complete, and the domain areas and consumables still need some work.
 +
#**Profile extension registries and help desk/support stuff need development notes Lorraine. Its uptake will require more support than the organization is ready to provide at its release. John Q cautions that there are fewer actual developers actually building with FHIR i.e. at a connectathon than the number of organizations/people expressing interest in using it. Paul notes that we should beware sending the message to the market that the participants at the connectathon are polishing off a final product ready to go the market.
 +
#**JohnQ suggests we need to get a better projection of what deliverables and consumables are pending and the schedule anticipated for their release. Woody notes we might want to indicate what is missing from the DSTU, as it is mostly there. Lorraine notes that orders and order response stuff is not as complete as the results functionality. Appointments and scheduling are still in development. Paul notes that the base infrastructure has reached maturity but the claims part needs to be worked. The remainder can be referred to domain committees.
 +
#**Austin suggests we postpone discussion to San Antonio when the FHIR representatives can attend and join in the discussion. Lorraine notes that Grahame will not be at the WGM though Lloyd and Ewout will be.
 +
====Management====
 +
#Review [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemBrowse&tracker_id=494 action items] –
 +
#*Results of e-discussion on proposed changes to [http://www.hl7.org/documentcenter/public/ballots/2014JAN/downloads/HL7_SI2014_R1_O1_2014JAN.pdf Strategic Initiatives]
 +
#**Voting closes today
 +
#**Austin notes that he submitted a number of comments that can be cited.
 +
#**Austin will submit the comment on inclusion on FHIR
 +
#**Representatives from TSC are typically involved in the reconciliation, Austin notes and so there will be further opportunities to respond.
 +
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2788/11274/%50%72%6f%6a%65%63%74%52%65%70%6f%72%74%5f%32%30%31%33%31%30%31%30%65%2e%78%6c%73 Review] of remaining 5-year old projects from [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2788 TSC Tracker 2788]
 +
#**Steering divisions please review and ensure they are addressed at WGM
 +
<!--    Management      -->
 +
<!--    Approvals  -->
 +
#For naming convention review from US Realm Task Force, and approval
 +
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2823/11260/%48%4c%37%5f%50%75%62%6c%69%63%61%74%69%6f%6e%5f%52%65%71%75%65%73%74%5f%43%44%53%20%4b%41%20%49%47%20%52%31%20%44%53%54%55%20%32%30%31%33%2d%31%32%2e%64%6f%63%78 DSTU Publication Request] for '''HL7 Version 3 Implementation Guide: Clinical Decision Support; Knowledge Artifact Implementations, Release 1''' from ''HL7 Implementation Guide: Clinical Decision Support Knowledge Artifact Implementations, Release 1'' for CDS WG of SSD SD at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=931 Project Insight #931] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2823 TSC Tracker 2823].
 +
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2825/11262/%48%4c%37%5f%50%75%62%6c%69%63%61%74%69%6f%6e%5f%52%65%71%75%65%73%74%5f%76%4d%52%20%58%4d%4c%20%52%31%20%49%6e%66%6f%72%6d%61%74%69%76%65%20%32%30%31%33%2d%31%32%2d%31%32%2e%64%6f%63%78 Informative Publication Request] of '''HL7 Version 3 Standard: Clinical Decision Support; Virtual Medical Record (vMR) XML Specification, Release 1''' from ''HL7 Virtual Medical Record for Clinical Decision Support (vMR-CDS) XML Implementation Guide, Release 1'' for CDS WG of SSD SD at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=1016 Project Insight # 1016] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2825 TSC Tracker 2825].
 +
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2826/11263/%48%4c%37%5f%50%75%62%6c%69%63%61%74%69%6f%6e%5f%52%65%71%75%65%73%74%5f%76%4d%52%20%54%65%6d%70%6c%61%74%65%73%20%52%31%20%49%6e%66%6f%72%6d%61%74%69%76%65%20%32%30%31%33%2d%31%32%2e%64%6f%63%78 Informative Publication Request] for '''HL7 Version 3 Standard: Clinical Decision Support; Virtual Medical Record (vMR) Templates, Release 1 ''' instead of ''HL7 Virtual Medical Record for Clinical Decision Support (vMR-CDS) Templates, Release 1'' for CDS WG of SSD SD at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=1030 Project Insight # 1030] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2826 TSC Tracker 2826].
 +
#Approval items from e-vote:
 +
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2824/11261/%48%4c%37%5f%50%75%62%6c%69%63%61%74%69%6f%6e%5f%52%65%71%75%65%73%74%5f%76%4d%52%20%4c%4d%20%52%32%20%49%6e%66%6f%72%6d%61%74%69%76%65%20%32%30%31%33%2d%31%32%2e%64%6f%63%78 Informative Publication Request] for '''HL7 Version 3 Standard: Clinical Decision Support; Virtual Medical Record (vMR) Logical Model, Release 2 ''' in place of ''HL7 Virtual Medical Record for Clinical Decision Support (vMR-CDS) Logical Model, Release 2'' for CDS WG of SSD SD at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=1017 Project Insight # 1017] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2824 TSC Tracker 2824].
 +
#*The US Realm Task Force reviewed and did not want to create a new product family at this time. The V3 family was identified as the temporary holding place for these publications as the Content Review team had already recommended that they be harmonized to either the V3 or FHIR model. Corollary assumption by the US Realm TF that the TSC would want to take a more detailed look at the setup of product families
 +
#**Austin moves and Paul seconds approval. Unanimously approved.
 +
#GForge upgrade effects discussed briefly
 +
#From e-vote this week: approved 7/0/0 with Ad-Hoc, 2 Affiliate, ArB, DESD, SSD SD and T3SD voting
 +
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2801/11249/HL7_PSS_Reaffirmation_Annotated%20ECG.doc Project approval request] for ''Reaffirmation of HL7 V3:Regulated Studies; Annotated ECG (aECG) R1'' for RCRIM OF DESD at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=1057 Project Insight #1057] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2801 TSC Tracker 2801]
 +
#For e-vote this week:
 +
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2833/11306/%48%4c%37%5f%50%75%62%6c%69%63%61%74%69%6f%6e%5f%52%65%71%75%65%73%74%5f%51%75%65%73%74%69%6f%6e%6e%61%69%72%65%2d%52%65%73%70%6f%6e%73%65%5f%32%30%31%34%4a%61%6e%2e%64%6f%63%78 DSTU Publication request] for ''HL7 Implementation Guide for CDA® Release 2: Questionnaire Response Document, Release 1'' for SDWG of SSD SD for 24 months at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=977 Project Insight #977] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2833 TSC Tracker 2833]
 +
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2832/11305/%48%4c%37%5f%50%75%62%6c%69%63%61%74%69%6f%6e%5f%52%65%71%75%65%73%74%5f%51%75%65%73%74%69%6f%6e%6e%61%69%72%65%2d%46%6f%72%6d%2d%44%65%66%69%6e%69%74%69%6f%6e%5f%32%30%31%34%4a%61%6e%2e%64%6f%63%78 DSTU Publication request] for ''HL7 Implementation Guide for CDA® Release 2: Questionnaire Form Definition Document, Release 1'' (balloted as Structured Form Definition Document) for SDWG of SSD SD for 24 months at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=976 Project Insight #976] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2832 TSC Tracker 2832]
  
 
+
Adjourned 12:04 PM.
'''''Please don't forget to hang up from the conference call '' (VOIP users)'''
 
 
 
  
 
===Next Steps===
 
===Next Steps===
Line 101: Line 164:
 
|-
 
|-
 
|colspan="4" |'''Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items'''<br/>
 
|colspan="4" |'''Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items'''<br/>
*[[2014-MM-DD TSC Call Agenda]].
+
*[[2014-01-18 TSC WGM Agenda]].
 +
#*formation of a TSC task force on Help Desk and Conformance testing
 +
 
 
|}
 
|}
  
  
© 2013 Health Level Seven® International.  All rights reserved.
+
© 2014 Health Level Seven® International.  All rights reserved.

Latest revision as of 17:15, 13 January 2014

TSC Agenda/Minutes

Meeting Info/Attendees

Standing Conference Calls

TSC will hold a Conference Call at 11AM Eastern time, each Monday except during scheduled face-to-face Working Group Meetings unless otherwise noted at TSC_Minutes_and_Agendas.

GoToMeeting at https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/426505829 using VOIP
For those without access to microphone/speakers:
US: +1 (224)501-3318
Canada: +1 (647)497-9379
Italy: +39 0 230 57 81 80
Access Code: 426-505-829
GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829
HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
GoToMeeting ID: 273-848-837

Date: 2014-01-13
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: John Quinn Note taker(s): Lynn Laakso
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented yes
Chair/CTO ArB International Affiliate Rep Ad-Hoc
regrets Ken McCaslin x Tony Julian x Jean Duteau x Austin Kreisler
x John Quinn x Lorraine Constable x Giorgio Cangioli .
Domain Experts Foundation and Technology Structure and Semantic Design Technical and Support Services
x Melva Peters x Woody Beeler . Calvin Beebe x Freida Hall
x John Roberts x Paul Knapp x Pat van Dyke x Andy Stechishin
ex officio Invited Guests Observers HL7 Staff
. Don Mon (HL7 Chair) w/vote . x Bob Dieterle x Lynn Laakso
. (Vice Chair) vote . . x Durwin Day .
. Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote . . . .

Agenda

Housekeeping

  1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
  2. Agenda review and approval - John Q
  3. Approve Minutes of 2014-01-06 TSC Call Agenda
  4. Fill out your forms for Karen for team building!

Governance

  1. Discussion topics:
    • Followup from Policy summit

Management

  1. Review action items
    • Andy, with Freida, Ken McCaslin, and John Roberts will work on IG definition and conformance and inviting Rob Snelick;
    • Calvin and Lorraine, aided by Jean will work on DAM desirable consistency value proposition, and conformance definition.
    • TRAC to recommend updated WGH metrics
    • TRAC governance point on project scope deadline
  2. Discussion topics:
    • Review of remaining 5-year old projects from TSC Tracker 2788
    • Results of e-discussion on proposed changes to Strategic Initiatives
      • 2.2.4 - End to end V3/CDA {FHIR??} template and implementation guide infrastructure has been developed (Lynn)
    • formation of a TSC task force on Help Desk and Conformance testing
  3. For naming convention review from US Realm Task Force, and approval
  4. For review on the call:
  5. From e-vote this week: approved 7/0/0 with Ad-Hoc, 2 Affiliate, ArB, DESD, SSD SD and T3SD voting
  6. For e-vote this week:
  7. Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
    • Review WGH infractions for WGM Wednesday lunch invitations (309 registrations online)
    • ArB BAM-lite progress and BAM task force
    • Product Line Architecture program
    • FGB/FMG updates
    • TRAC
    • US Realm Task Force
    • UDI Task Force
    • SAIF Architecture Program
  8. Open Issues List


Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:
Convened 11:05 AM

  1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests) Robert Dieterle joins to discuss the OOC ballot; moved up on the agenda.
  2. Agenda review and approval - John Q: approved by general consent
  3. Approve Minutes of 2014-01-06 TSC Call Agenda; Melva moves and Tony seconds approval, Giorgio abstains, passes 7/0/1
  4. Fill out your forms for Karen for team building!
  5. For review on the call:
    • OOC Ballot request with updates for missing information for HL7 Implementation Guide for CDA® Release 2: Consolidated-CDA Additional Attachment Templates, Release 1 Attachments WG of DESD cosponsored by SDWG of SSD SD requested for Feb 14 – March 3 2014 at Project Insight #1048 and TSC Tracker 2831; Lynn reviews the previously missing information. Bob mentions the WG wishes to publish a different name; it can be requested at publication time. They wish it to be published as HL7 Implementation Guide for CDA® Release 2: Consolidated-CDA Complete Documentation Templates, Release 1. Tony moved and Pat seconds approval of the modified document. Jean asks what the CMS deadlines are specifically to justify the OOC ballot. Interim voluntary EHR certification round in progress in which they wish to include this, as well as anticipated stage 3 sometime this summer. Attachments rule by regulation is supposed to come out in the first quarter of the calendar year. Regulation needs to cite a standard in ballot not necessarily having completed ballot. Unanimously approved.

Governance

  1. Discussion topics:
    • Followup from Policy summit
      • Recommendations from Halamka at the plenary was for the immediate release of FHIR. Doug Fridsma encouraged FHIR to be completed ASAP. At the policy summit Betsy Humphries' presentation echoed this as well as the use of the HL7 Terminology Authority (HTA). FHIR governance processes are not working as well; Ron has not been able to devote time to FGB as needed. Austin describes the challenges and notes there is a M&C update pending.
      • Paul asks if the timing of the attention is causing discomfort (don't usually have such interest with a standard under development) or is there something further we need to be doing? Woody notes they have followed their proposed timeline all along; the only problem is with managing expectations. Paul suggests we need to get out there and set expectations instead of responding to expectations. We have put the tools together, largely core components being complete, and the domain areas and consumables still need some work.
      • Profile extension registries and help desk/support stuff need development notes Lorraine. Its uptake will require more support than the organization is ready to provide at its release. John Q cautions that there are fewer actual developers actually building with FHIR i.e. at a connectathon than the number of organizations/people expressing interest in using it. Paul notes that we should beware sending the message to the market that the participants at the connectathon are polishing off a final product ready to go the market.
      • JohnQ suggests we need to get a better projection of what deliverables and consumables are pending and the schedule anticipated for their release. Woody notes we might want to indicate what is missing from the DSTU, as it is mostly there. Lorraine notes that orders and order response stuff is not as complete as the results functionality. Appointments and scheduling are still in development. Paul notes that the base infrastructure has reached maturity but the claims part needs to be worked. The remainder can be referred to domain committees.
      • Austin suggests we postpone discussion to San Antonio when the FHIR representatives can attend and join in the discussion. Lorraine notes that Grahame will not be at the WGM though Lloyd and Ewout will be.

Management

  1. Review action items
    • Results of e-discussion on proposed changes to Strategic Initiatives
      • Voting closes today
      • Austin notes that he submitted a number of comments that can be cited.
      • Austin will submit the comment on inclusion on FHIR
      • Representatives from TSC are typically involved in the reconciliation, Austin notes and so there will be further opportunities to respond.
    • Review of remaining 5-year old projects from TSC Tracker 2788
      • Steering divisions please review and ensure they are addressed at WGM
  2. For naming convention review from US Realm Task Force, and approval
  3. Approval items from e-vote:
    • Informative Publication Request for HL7 Version 3 Standard: Clinical Decision Support; Virtual Medical Record (vMR) Logical Model, Release 2 in place of HL7 Virtual Medical Record for Clinical Decision Support (vMR-CDS) Logical Model, Release 2 for CDS WG of SSD SD at Project Insight # 1017 and TSC Tracker 2824.
    • The US Realm Task Force reviewed and did not want to create a new product family at this time. The V3 family was identified as the temporary holding place for these publications as the Content Review team had already recommended that they be harmonized to either the V3 or FHIR model. Corollary assumption by the US Realm TF that the TSC would want to take a more detailed look at the setup of product families
      • Austin moves and Paul seconds approval. Unanimously approved.
  4. GForge upgrade effects discussed briefly
  5. From e-vote this week: approved 7/0/0 with Ad-Hoc, 2 Affiliate, ArB, DESD, SSD SD and T3SD voting
  6. For e-vote this week:

Adjourned 12:04 PM.

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items
    • formation of a TSC task force on Help Desk and Conformance testing


© 2014 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.