2014-01-06 TSC Call Minutes

From HL7 TSC
Revision as of 21:58, 30 December 2013 by Llaakso (talk | contribs)
Jump to navigation Jump to search

TSC Agenda/Minutes

Meeting Info/Attendees

Standing Conference Calls

TSC will hold a Conference Call at 11AM Eastern time, each Monday except during scheduled face-to-face Working Group Meetings unless otherwise noted at TSC_Minutes_and_Agendas.

GoToMeeting at https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/426505829 using VOIP
For those without access to microphone/speakers:
US: +1 (224)501-3318
Canada: +1 (647)497-9379
Italy: +39 0 230 57 81 80
Access Code: 426-505-829
GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829
HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
GoToMeeting ID: 273-848-837

Date: 2014-01-06
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Ken McCaslin Note taker(s): Lynn Laakso
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented yes/no
Chair/CTO ArB International Affiliate Rep Ad-Hoc
. Ken McCaslin . Tony Julian . Jean Duteau . Austin Kreisler
. John Quinn . Lorraine Constable . Giorgio Cangioli .
Domain Experts Foundation and Technology Structure and Semantic Design Technical and Support Services
. Melva Peters . Woody Beeler . Calvin Beebe . Freida Hall
. John Roberts . Paul Knapp . Pat van Dyke . Andy Stechishin
ex officio Invited Guests Observers HL7 Staff
. Bob Dolin (HL7 Chair) w/vote . . obs1 . Lynn Laakso
. Don Mon (Vice Chair) vote . . . obs2 .
. Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote . . . .



  1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
  2. Agenda review and approval - Austin Kreisler
  3. Approve Minutes of 2013-12-16 TSC Call Agenda


  1. Approval items:
  2. Discussion topics:


  1. Review action items
    • Andy, with Freida, Ken McCaslin, and John Roberts will work on IG definition and conformance and inviting Rob Snelick;
    • Calvin and Lorraine, aided by Jean will work on DAM desirable consistency value proposition, and conformance definition.
    • TRAC to recommend updated WGH metrics
    • TRAC governance point on project scope deadline
  2. For naming convention determination and approval
  3. From e-vote Approved 2013-12-20 with 6/0/0 with Ad-Hoc, ArB, Affiliate, DESD, FTSD and T3SD voting - Informative Publication request for HL7 Implementation Guide for CDA® Release 2: HIV/AIDS Services Report, Release 1 - US Realm for SDWG of SSD SD at Project Insight # 969 and TSC Tracker 2820.
  4. From e-vote 20134-01-03
  5. For e-vote this week:
  6. Discussion topics:
    • Review of remaining 5-year old projects
    • Results of e-discussion on proposed changes to Strategic Initiatives
    • formation of a TSC task force on Help Desk and Conformance testing
    • GOC work item review
      • TSC Chair: The TSC shall select its chair following the plenary meeting in odd numbered years from among those regular members currently seated or those recently elected or qualified former members. The selected member individual shall take office in January of the following even numbered year.
      • TSC Chair: The GOC accepts the TSC position that if previous ad hoc members may be considered for chair then current ad hoc members should qualify as well. The sentence in question shall be changed to read: The TSC shall elect its own chair from among its current or former members; excluding any ex officio members and any ad hoc members seated. No response from PIC on reconciliation signifying concurrence with the GOC response.
      • 17.03.01 Developing the GOM Revisions - The TSC position and feedback comment is that the co-chairs list should always be notified for peer review.
        • It is the perception of the GOC, from their own and other’s experience, that the cochairs already deal with excessive email. Therefore it is recommended that the distribution of revisions for peer review include the co-chair list only for those items deemed of significant interest to the cochairs as defined by the proposed revision, The logic being that co-chairs are much more likely to read, if not respond, to something out of the ordinary. It should be noted that any individual not currently receiving the peer review packet, co-chair or not, who wants to participate in the peer review process need simply subscribe to the PIC list. There was no consensus response from PIC on reconciliation. A single response in support of the TSC position was submitted by the TSC member who proposed the original peer review comment.
  7. Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
    • Announcement: Pharmacy has submitted the HL7 Version 3 Standard: Pharmacy CMETs, Release 1 for normative publication!
    • ArB BAM-lite progress and BAM task force
    • Product Line Architecture program
    • FGB/FMG updates
    • TRAC
    • US Realm Task Force
    • UDI Task Force
    • SAIF Architecture Program
  8. Open Issues List


Minutes/Conclusions Reached:

Please don't forget to hang up from the conference call (VOIP users)

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

© 2013 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.