Difference between revisions of "2014-01-06 TSC Call Minutes"

From HL7 TSC
Jump to navigation Jump to search
 
(11 intermediate revisions by the same user not shown)
Line 3: Line 3:
  
 
===Meeting Info/Attendees===
 
===Meeting Info/Attendees===
{{:TSC Meetings}}
+
   [[Category:2014 TSC Minutes]]
   [[Category:2014 TSC Minutes|Agenda Template]]
 
  
 
{|border="1" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0"  
 
{|border="1" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0"  
Line 17: Line 16:
 
{|border="1" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0"  
 
{|border="1" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0"  
 
|colspan="4" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"| Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented
 
|colspan="4" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"| Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"| '''yes/no'''
+
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"| '''yes'''
 
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|
 
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|
 
|-
 
|-
 
|colspan="2"|Chair/CTO ||colspan="2"|ArB ||colspan="2"|International Affiliate Rep ||colspan="2"|Ad-Hoc
 
|colspan="2"|Chair/CTO ||colspan="2"|ArB ||colspan="2"|International Affiliate Rep ||colspan="2"|Ad-Hoc
 
|-
 
|-
|.||Ken McCaslin||.||Tony Julian||.|| Jean Duteau||.||Austin Kreisler  
+
|x||Ken McCaslin||regrets||Tony Julian||regrets|| Jean Duteau||x|| Austin Kreisler  
 
|-
 
|-
|.||John Quinn ||.||Lorraine Constable||.|| Giorgio Cangioli||.||
+
|x||John Quinn ||x||Lorraine Constable||.|| Giorgio Cangioli||.||
  
 
|-
 
|-
Line 33: Line 32:
  
 
|-
 
|-
|.||Melva Peters||.||Woody Beeler||.||Calvin Beebe||.||Freida Hall
+
|x||Melva Peters||.||Woody Beeler||x||Calvin Beebe||x||Freida Hall
 
|-
 
|-
|.||John Roberts||.||Paul Knapp||.||Pat van Dyke||.||Andy Stechishin
+
|x||John Roberts||x||Paul Knapp||x||Pat van Dyke||x||Andy Stechishin
 
|-
 
|-
 
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|''ex officio''
 
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|''ex officio''
Line 42: Line 41:
 
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|HL7 Staff
 
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|HL7 Staff
 
|-
 
|-
|.||Bob Dolin  (HL7 Chair) w/vote||.|| ||.||''obs1''||.||Lynn Laakso
+
|.||Don Mon (HL7 Chair) w/vote||x||Mead Walker ||.||''obs1''||x||Lynn Laakso
 
|-
 
|-
|.||Don Mon (Vice Chair) <s>vote</s>||.||.||.||''obs2''||.||
+
|.||(Vice Chair) <s>vote</s>||.||.||.||''obs2''||.||
 
|-
 
|-
 
|.||Chuck Jaffe (CEO) <s> vote</s>
 
|.||Chuck Jaffe (CEO) <s> vote</s>
Line 56: Line 55:
 
'''Housekeeping''' <br/>
 
'''Housekeeping''' <br/>
 
#Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
 
#Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
#Agenda review and approval - Austin Kreisler
+
#Agenda review and approval - Ken
 
#Approve Minutes of [[2013-12-16 TSC Call Agenda]]
 
#Approve Minutes of [[2013-12-16 TSC Call Agenda]]
 +
#Expect documents on WGM Team exercise from Karen; please fill out and return
 +
<!--#Ad-hoc membership renewal for Austin Kreisler-->
 
====Governance====
 
====Governance====
 
<!--  Governance      -->
 
<!--  Governance      -->
<!--    Approvals -->
+
<!--    Approvals  
#Approval items:
+
#Approval items: -->
 
<!--  Governance      -->
 
<!--  Governance      -->
 
<!--  Discussion  -->
 
<!--  Discussion  -->
 
#Discussion topics:  
 
#Discussion topics:  
 +
#*Posting of HL7 development materials (Lorraine)
 
====Management====
 
====Management====
 
#Review [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemBrowse&tracker_id=494 action items] –
 
#Review [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemBrowse&tracker_id=494 action items] –
Line 74: Line 76:
 
<!--    Approvals  -->
 
<!--    Approvals  -->
 
#For naming convention determination and approval
 
#For naming convention determination and approval
<!--#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2823/11260/%48%4c%37%5f%50%75%62%6c%69%63%61%74%69%6f%6e%5f%52%65%71%75%65%73%74%5f%43%44%53%20%4b%41%20%49%47%20%52%31%20%44%53%54%55%20%32%30%31%33%2d%31%32%2e%64%6f%63%78 DSTU Publication Request] for ''HL7 Implementation Guide: Clinical Decision Support Knowledge Artifact Implementations, Release 1'' for CDS WG of SSD SD at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=931 Project Insight #931] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2823 TSC Tracker 2823].-->
+
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2823/11260/%48%4c%37%5f%50%75%62%6c%69%63%61%74%69%6f%6e%5f%52%65%71%75%65%73%74%5f%43%44%53%20%4b%41%20%49%47%20%52%31%20%44%53%54%55%20%32%30%31%33%2d%31%32%2e%64%6f%63%78 DSTU Publication Request] for ''HL7 Implementation Guide: Clinical Decision Support Knowledge Artifact Implementations, Release 1'' for CDS WG of SSD SD at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=931 Project Insight #931] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2823 TSC Tracker 2823].
 
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2825/11262/%48%4c%37%5f%50%75%62%6c%69%63%61%74%69%6f%6e%5f%52%65%71%75%65%73%74%5f%76%4d%52%20%58%4d%4c%20%52%31%20%49%6e%66%6f%72%6d%61%74%69%76%65%20%32%30%31%33%2d%31%32%2d%31%32%2e%64%6f%63%78 Informative Publication Request] for ''HL7 Virtual Medical Record for Clinical Decision Support (vMR-CDS) XML Implementation Guide, Release 1'' for CDS WG of SSD SD at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=1016 Project Insight # 1016] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2825 TSC Tracker 2825].
 
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2825/11262/%48%4c%37%5f%50%75%62%6c%69%63%61%74%69%6f%6e%5f%52%65%71%75%65%73%74%5f%76%4d%52%20%58%4d%4c%20%52%31%20%49%6e%66%6f%72%6d%61%74%69%76%65%20%32%30%31%33%2d%31%32%2d%31%32%2e%64%6f%63%78 Informative Publication Request] for ''HL7 Virtual Medical Record for Clinical Decision Support (vMR-CDS) XML Implementation Guide, Release 1'' for CDS WG of SSD SD at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=1016 Project Insight # 1016] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2825 TSC Tracker 2825].
 
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2826/11263/%48%4c%37%5f%50%75%62%6c%69%63%61%74%69%6f%6e%5f%52%65%71%75%65%73%74%5f%76%4d%52%20%54%65%6d%70%6c%61%74%65%73%20%52%31%20%49%6e%66%6f%72%6d%61%74%69%76%65%20%32%30%31%33%2d%31%32%2e%64%6f%63%78 Informative Publication Request] for ''HL7 Virtual Medical Record for Clinical Decision Support (vMR-CDS) Templates, Release 1'' for CDS WG of SSD SD at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=1030 Project Insight # 1030] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2826 TSC Tracker 2826].#Approval items from e-vote:
 
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2826/11263/%48%4c%37%5f%50%75%62%6c%69%63%61%74%69%6f%6e%5f%52%65%71%75%65%73%74%5f%76%4d%52%20%54%65%6d%70%6c%61%74%65%73%20%52%31%20%49%6e%66%6f%72%6d%61%74%69%76%65%20%32%30%31%33%2d%31%32%2e%64%6f%63%78 Informative Publication Request] for ''HL7 Virtual Medical Record for Clinical Decision Support (vMR-CDS) Templates, Release 1'' for CDS WG of SSD SD at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=1030 Project Insight # 1030] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2826 TSC Tracker 2826].#Approval items from e-vote:
 
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2824/11261/%48%4c%37%5f%50%75%62%6c%69%63%61%74%69%6f%6e%5f%52%65%71%75%65%73%74%5f%76%4d%52%20%4c%4d%20%52%32%20%49%6e%66%6f%72%6d%61%74%69%76%65%20%32%30%31%33%2d%31%32%2e%64%6f%63%78 Informative Publication Request] for ''HL7 Virtual Medical Record for Clinical Decision Support (vMR-CDS) Logical Model, Release 2'' for CDS WG of SSD SD at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=1017 Project Insight # 1017] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2824 TSC Tracker 2824].
 
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2824/11261/%48%4c%37%5f%50%75%62%6c%69%63%61%74%69%6f%6e%5f%52%65%71%75%65%73%74%5f%76%4d%52%20%4c%4d%20%52%32%20%49%6e%66%6f%72%6d%61%74%69%76%65%20%32%30%31%33%2d%31%32%2e%64%6f%63%78 Informative Publication Request] for ''HL7 Virtual Medical Record for Clinical Decision Support (vMR-CDS) Logical Model, Release 2'' for CDS WG of SSD SD at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=1017 Project Insight # 1017] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2824 TSC Tracker 2824].
 +
<!--    Approvals  -->
 
#From e-vote Approved 2013-12-20 with 6/0/0 with Ad-Hoc, ArB, Affiliate, DESD, FTSD and T3SD voting - [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2820/11238/%48%4c%37%5f%50%75%62%6c%69%63%61%74%69%6f%6e%5f%52%65%71%75%65%73%74%20%2d%20%43%44%41%52%32%5f%49%47%5f%48%49%56%53%45%52%56%49%43%45%53%5f%52%31%5f%49%31%5f%32%30%31%33%4d%41%59%2e%64%6f%63%78 Informative Publication request] for ''HL7 Implementation Guide for CDA® Release 2: HIV/AIDS Services Report, Release 1 - US Realm'' for SDWG of SSD SD at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=969 Project Insight # 969] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2820 TSC Tracker 2820].
 
#From e-vote Approved 2013-12-20 with 6/0/0 with Ad-Hoc, ArB, Affiliate, DESD, FTSD and T3SD voting - [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2820/11238/%48%4c%37%5f%50%75%62%6c%69%63%61%74%69%6f%6e%5f%52%65%71%75%65%73%74%20%2d%20%43%44%41%52%32%5f%49%47%5f%48%49%56%53%45%52%56%49%43%45%53%5f%52%31%5f%49%31%5f%32%30%31%33%4d%41%59%2e%64%6f%63%78 Informative Publication request] for ''HL7 Implementation Guide for CDA® Release 2: HIV/AIDS Services Report, Release 1 - US Realm'' for SDWG of SSD SD at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=969 Project Insight # 969] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2820 TSC Tracker 2820].
#From e-vote 20134-01-03
+
<!--    Approvals  -->
 +
#From e-vote 20134-01-03 approved 6/0/0 with 1 Affiliate, ArB, DESD, FTSD, SSD SD and T3SD voting
 
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2827/11264/%48%4c%37%5f%50%75%62%6c%69%63%61%74%69%6f%6e%5f%52%65%71%75%65%73%74%5f%44%53%53%20%52%32%20%44%53%54%55%20%32%30%31%33%2d%31%32%2e%64%6f%63%78 DSTU Publication Request] for ''HL7 Version 3 Standard: Decision Support Service (DSS), Release 2'' for CDS WG of SSD SD at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=1015 Project Insight # 1015] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2827 TSC Tracker 2827].
 
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2827/11264/%48%4c%37%5f%50%75%62%6c%69%63%61%74%69%6f%6e%5f%52%65%71%75%65%73%74%5f%44%53%53%20%52%32%20%44%53%54%55%20%32%30%31%33%2d%31%32%2e%64%6f%63%78 DSTU Publication Request] for ''HL7 Version 3 Standard: Decision Support Service (DSS), Release 2'' for CDS WG of SSD SD at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=1015 Project Insight # 1015] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2827 TSC Tracker 2827].
 
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2828/11265/%48%4c%37%5f%50%75%62%6c%69%63%61%74%69%6f%6e%5f%52%65%71%75%65%73%74%5f%44%53%53%20%49%47%20%52%31%20%44%53%54%55%20%32%30%31%33%2d%31%32%2e%64%6f%63%78 DSTU Publication Request] for ''HL7 Implementation Guide: Decision Support Service, Release 1'' for CDS WG of SSD SD at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=1018 Project Insight # 1018] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2828 TSC Tracker 2828].
 
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2828/11265/%48%4c%37%5f%50%75%62%6c%69%63%61%74%69%6f%6e%5f%52%65%71%75%65%73%74%5f%44%53%53%20%49%47%20%52%31%20%44%53%54%55%20%32%30%31%33%2d%31%32%2e%64%6f%63%78 DSTU Publication Request] for ''HL7 Implementation Guide: Decision Support Service, Release 1'' for CDS WG of SSD SD at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=1018 Project Insight # 1018] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2828 TSC Tracker 2828].
 
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2829/11268/%48%4c%37%5f%50%75%62%6c%69%63%61%74%69%6f%6e%5f%52%65%71%75%65%73%74%20%2d%20%43%44%41%52%32%4c%33%5f%49%47%5f%48%41%49%52%50%54%5f%44%53%54%55%5f%52%32%5f%44%31%5f%32%30%31%33%53%45%50%2e%64%6f%63%78 DSTU Publication Request] for ''HL7 Implementation Guide for CDA® Release 2 - Level 3: Healthcare Associated Infection Reports, Release 2; DSTU Release 1– US Realm (1st DSTU Ballot)'' for SDWG of SSD SD at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=1003 Project Insight #1003] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2829 TSC Tracker 2829].
 
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2829/11268/%48%4c%37%5f%50%75%62%6c%69%63%61%74%69%6f%6e%5f%52%65%71%75%65%73%74%20%2d%20%43%44%41%52%32%4c%33%5f%49%47%5f%48%41%49%52%50%54%5f%44%53%54%55%5f%52%32%5f%44%31%5f%32%30%31%33%53%45%50%2e%64%6f%63%78 DSTU Publication Request] for ''HL7 Implementation Guide for CDA® Release 2 - Level 3: Healthcare Associated Infection Reports, Release 2; DSTU Release 1– US Realm (1st DSTU Ballot)'' for SDWG of SSD SD at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=1003 Project Insight #1003] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2829 TSC Tracker 2829].
 +
<!--    Approvals  -->
 
#For e-vote this week:
 
#For e-vote this week:
 
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2801/11249/HL7_PSS_Reaffirmation_Annotated%20ECG.doc Project approval request] for ''Reaffirmation of HL7 V3:Regulated Studies; Annotated ECG (aECG) R1 for RCRIM OF DESD at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=1057 Project Insight #1057] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2801 TSC Tracker 2801]
 
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2801/11249/HL7_PSS_Reaffirmation_Annotated%20ECG.doc Project approval request] for ''Reaffirmation of HL7 V3:Regulated Studies; Annotated ECG (aECG) R1 for RCRIM OF DESD at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=1057 Project Insight #1057] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2801 TSC Tracker 2801]
Line 88: Line 93:
 
<!--  Discussion  -->
 
<!--  Discussion  -->
 
#Discussion topics:  
 
#Discussion topics:  
#*Review of remaining 5-year old projects
+
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2788/11274/%50%72%6f%6a%65%63%74%52%65%70%6f%72%74%5f%32%30%31%33%31%30%31%30%65%2e%78%6c%73 Review] of remaining 5-year old projects from [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2788 TSC Tracker 2788]
 
#*Results of e-discussion on proposed changes to [http://www.hl7.org/documentcenter/public/ballots/2014JAN/downloads/HL7_SI2014_R1_O1_2014JAN.pdf Strategic Initiatives]
 
#*Results of e-discussion on proposed changes to [http://www.hl7.org/documentcenter/public/ballots/2014JAN/downloads/HL7_SI2014_R1_O1_2014JAN.pdf Strategic Initiatives]
 +
#**2.2.4 - End to end V3/CDA {FHIR??} template and implementation guide infrastructure has been developed (Lynn)
 
#*formation of a TSC task force on Help Desk and Conformance testing  
 
#*formation of a TSC task force on Help Desk and Conformance testing  
 
#Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
 
#Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
 +
#*Review WGH infractions for WGM Wednesday lunch invitations
 +
#*Announcement: GOC peer review [http://lists.hl7.org/read/messages?id=245582 results] approved by EC
 
#*Announcement: Pharmacy has submitted the HL7 Version 3 Standard: Pharmacy CMETs, Release 1 for normative publication!
 
#*Announcement: Pharmacy has submitted the HL7 Version 3 Standard: Pharmacy CMETs, Release 1 for normative publication!
 
#*ArB BAM-lite progress and BAM task force
 
#*ArB BAM-lite progress and BAM task force
Line 100: Line 108:
 
#*UDI Task Force
 
#*UDI Task Force
 
#*SAIF Architecture Program  
 
#*SAIF Architecture Program  
<!-- #WGM Planning - -->
+
#WGM Agenda/ Planning (registration a little low in the 270s compared to about 300 this time 2012 or 2013); 8 tutorials at risk of cancellation
 
#[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemBrowse&tracker_id=313 Open Issues List]
 
#[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemBrowse&tracker_id=313 Open Issues List]
  
Line 107: Line 115:
 
===Minutes===
 
===Minutes===
 
'''Minutes/Conclusions Reached:'''<br/>
 
'''Minutes/Conclusions Reached:'''<br/>
 +
Convened 11:05 AM
 +
#Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests) Mead is now an observer
 +
#*John Q moves and Andy seconds naming Austin an ad-hoc member as past TSC chair for one year. Unanimously approved.
 +
#Agenda review and approval - Ken - no additions
 +
#Approve Minutes of [[2013-12-16 TSC Call Agenda]] Unanimously approved.
 +
#Expect documents from Karen; please fill out and return; first two quarters will be team building exercises.
 +
====Governance====
 +
<!--  Governance      -->
 +
<!--  Discussion  -->
 +
#Discussion topics:
 +
#*Posting of HL7 development materials (Lorraine)
 +
#**ES is driving the issue. Education of members on material that is just about ready for publication is the first step. Publication on web site as members-only is recommended or in GForge. Use of Dropbox or GitHub, etc becoming problematic. Accessibility and transparency of development materials is an issue, and ability to maintain artifacts developed by the groups is at stake.
 +
#**Material leading up to the ballot also needs to be reeled in. Andy points out some areas where external content is brought to HL7 (http for ITS) where we can't tell them to take it down.
 +
#**Open environments holding material to be balloted negates the member benefit for early access to standards. Listserv distribution is also insecure. Freida notes that there is mention in GOM of externally contributed content.
 +
#**Paul suggests that when we publish our standard even with external content that we request they point to the HL7 version and take theirs down. He further suggests we address at the Monday night meeting.
 +
#**Ken will do a draft presentation for Monday night and seek TSC feedback.
 +
====Management====
 +
#WGM Agenda/ Planning  (registration a little low in the 270s compared to about 300 this time 2012 or 2013); 8 tutorials at risk of cancellation
 +
#*Paul is unsure if he can make the meeting.
 +
#*Add to Q3 presentation review for IP posting by WGs in preparation for Monday night cochairs meeting
 +
#*Sunday night typically ArB and recently also FGB. It only has 5:15 PM to 6:30 to accommodate the Fellows' Dinner. Ken notes that there will only be a Fellows' dinner at the Plenary session from now on. ArB will be #1, #2 FGB leadership and next steps
 +
#Review [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemBrowse&tracker_id=494 action items] –
 +
#*Andy, with Freida, Ken McCaslin, and John Roberts will work on IG definition and conformance and inviting Rob Snelick;
 +
#*Calvin and Lorraine, aided by Jean will work on DAM desirable consistency value proposition, and conformance definition.
 +
#*TRAC to recommend updated WGH metrics - three pegged item on minutes, WGM room requests and agendas. Two of three is considered "met" at the WG level; need to set metric for Steering Divisions. This may need to be highlighted on the Monday night cochairs meeting. Austin asks where we stand on the meeting room request project. Ken notes we're really close and is confident that ES will be doing a presentation Monday night and looking for beta test participants for the May meeting. Austin suggests we roll out this metric along with the new process for room requests.
 +
#*TRAC governance point on project scope deadline - regarding PSSes missing deadlines for submission for next ballot cycle - up to three days the SD can decide and after three days the TSC must approve inclusion for consideration in the next ballot cycle. Degree of completion and acceptance is still an issue of deliberation.
 +
<!--    Management      -->
 +
<!--    Approvals  -->
 +
#For naming convention determination and approval
 +
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2823/11260/%48%4c%37%5f%50%75%62%6c%69%63%61%74%69%6f%6e%5f%52%65%71%75%65%73%74%5f%43%44%53%20%4b%41%20%49%47%20%52%31%20%44%53%54%55%20%32%30%31%33%2d%31%32%2e%64%6f%63%78 DSTU Publication Request] for ''HL7 Implementation Guide: Clinical Decision Support Knowledge Artifact Implementations, Release 1'' for CDS WG of SSD SD at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=931 Project Insight #931] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2823 TSC Tracker 2823].
 +
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2825/11262/%48%4c%37%5f%50%75%62%6c%69%63%61%74%69%6f%6e%5f%52%65%71%75%65%73%74%5f%76%4d%52%20%58%4d%4c%20%52%31%20%49%6e%66%6f%72%6d%61%74%69%76%65%20%32%30%31%33%2d%31%32%2d%31%32%2e%64%6f%63%78 Informative Publication Request] for ''HL7 Virtual Medical Record for Clinical Decision Support (vMR-CDS) XML Implementation Guide, Release 1'' for CDS WG of SSD SD at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=1016 Project Insight # 1016] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2825 TSC Tracker 2825].
 +
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2826/11263/%48%4c%37%5f%50%75%62%6c%69%63%61%74%69%6f%6e%5f%52%65%71%75%65%73%74%5f%76%4d%52%20%54%65%6d%70%6c%61%74%65%73%20%52%31%20%49%6e%66%6f%72%6d%61%74%69%76%65%20%32%30%31%33%2d%31%32%2e%64%6f%63%78 Informative Publication Request] for ''HL7 Virtual Medical Record for Clinical Decision Support (vMR-CDS) Templates, Release 1'' for CDS WG of SSD SD at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=1030 Project Insight # 1030] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2826 TSC Tracker 2826].#Approval items from e-vote:
 +
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2824/11261/%48%4c%37%5f%50%75%62%6c%69%63%61%74%69%6f%6e%5f%52%65%71%75%65%73%74%5f%76%4d%52%20%4c%4d%20%52%32%20%49%6e%66%6f%72%6d%61%74%69%76%65%20%32%30%31%33%2d%31%32%2e%64%6f%63%78 Informative Publication Request] for ''HL7 Virtual Medical Record for Clinical Decision Support (vMR-CDS) Logical Model, Release 2'' for CDS WG of SSD SD at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=1017 Project Insight # 1017] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2824 TSC Tracker 2824].
 +
#*Paul notes that there are revisions to these documents already in ballot; is the initial version of value to the community? The upcoming versions are DSTU. These were initially classified as V3 and the US Realm Task force reviewed these and inadvertently created a new product family notes Austin.  There may be another product family for logical models. Paul notes the CDS may be too narrow a family. Lorraine adds that SDC is also coming out and may fall into whatever product family this becomes. Publication as an ONC requirement will be dependent on determining such a naming convention. Such an urgency for publication is at question with the DSTU versions completing ballot next week. Lorraine adds that they were going to publish with a note to readers on the upcoming change to the material. Ken suggests we defer the discussion to the US Realm Task Force on Wednesday and review again on Monday Jan 13.
 +
<!--    Approvals  -->
 +
#From e-vote Approved 2013-12-20 with 6/0/0 with Ad-Hoc, ArB, Affiliate, DESD, FTSD and T3SD voting - [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2820/11238/%48%4c%37%5f%50%75%62%6c%69%63%61%74%69%6f%6e%5f%52%65%71%75%65%73%74%20%2d%20%43%44%41%52%32%5f%49%47%5f%48%49%56%53%45%52%56%49%43%45%53%5f%52%31%5f%49%31%5f%32%30%31%33%4d%41%59%2e%64%6f%63%78 Informative Publication request] for ''HL7 Implementation Guide for CDA® Release 2: HIV/AIDS Services Report, Release 1 - US Realm'' for SDWG of SSD SD at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=969 Project Insight # 969] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2820 TSC Tracker 2820].
 +
<!--    Approvals  -->
 +
#From e-vote 20134-01-03 approved 6/0/0 with 1 Affiliate, ArB, DESD, FTSD, SSD SD and T3SD voting
 +
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2827/11264/%48%4c%37%5f%50%75%62%6c%69%63%61%74%69%6f%6e%5f%52%65%71%75%65%73%74%5f%44%53%53%20%52%32%20%44%53%54%55%20%32%30%31%33%2d%31%32%2e%64%6f%63%78 DSTU Publication Request] for ''HL7 Version 3 Standard: Decision Support Service (DSS), Release 2'' for CDS WG of SSD SD at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=1015 Project Insight # 1015] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2827 TSC Tracker 2827].
 +
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2828/11265/%48%4c%37%5f%50%75%62%6c%69%63%61%74%69%6f%6e%5f%52%65%71%75%65%73%74%5f%44%53%53%20%49%47%20%52%31%20%44%53%54%55%20%32%30%31%33%2d%31%32%2e%64%6f%63%78 DSTU Publication Request] for ''HL7 Implementation Guide: Decision Support Service, Release 1'' for CDS WG of SSD SD at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=1018 Project Insight # 1018] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2828 TSC Tracker 2828].
 +
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2829/11268/%48%4c%37%5f%50%75%62%6c%69%63%61%74%69%6f%6e%5f%52%65%71%75%65%73%74%20%2d%20%43%44%41%52%32%4c%33%5f%49%47%5f%48%41%49%52%50%54%5f%44%53%54%55%5f%52%32%5f%44%31%5f%32%30%31%33%53%45%50%2e%64%6f%63%78 DSTU Publication Request] for ''HL7 Implementation Guide for CDA® Release 2 - Level 3: Healthcare Associated Infection Reports, Release 2; DSTU Release 1– US Realm (1st DSTU Ballot)'' for SDWG of SSD SD at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=1003 Project Insight #1003] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2829 TSC Tracker 2829].
 +
<!--    Approvals  -->
 +
#For e-vote this week:
 +
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2801/11249/HL7_PSS_Reaffirmation_Annotated%20ECG.doc Project approval request] for ''Reaffirmation of HL7 V3:Regulated Studies; Annotated ECG (aECG) R1 for RCRIM OF DESD at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=1057 Project Insight #1057] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2801 TSC Tracker 2801]
 +
 +
 +
 +
Adjourned 11:56 AM - defer remaining topics to next week.
 +
  
  
'''''Please don't forget to hang up from the conference call '' (VOIP users)'''
+
<!--  Management      -->
 +
<!--  Discussion  -->
  
  
Line 123: Line 181:
  
  
© 2013 Health Level Seven® International.  All rights reserved.
+
© 2014 Health Level Seven® International.  All rights reserved.

Latest revision as of 21:31, 13 January 2014

TSC Agenda/Minutes

Meeting Info/Attendees

HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
GoToMeeting ID: 273-848-837

Date: 2014-01-06
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Ken McCaslin Note taker(s): Lynn Laakso
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented yes
Chair/CTO ArB International Affiliate Rep Ad-Hoc
x Ken McCaslin regrets Tony Julian regrets Jean Duteau x Austin Kreisler
x John Quinn x Lorraine Constable . Giorgio Cangioli .
Domain Experts Foundation and Technology Structure and Semantic Design Technical and Support Services
x Melva Peters . Woody Beeler x Calvin Beebe x Freida Hall
x John Roberts x Paul Knapp x Pat van Dyke x Andy Stechishin
ex officio Invited Guests Observers HL7 Staff
. Don Mon (HL7 Chair) w/vote x Mead Walker . obs1 x Lynn Laakso
. (Vice Chair) vote . . . obs2 .
. Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote . . . .

Agenda

Housekeeping

  1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
  2. Agenda review and approval - Ken
  3. Approve Minutes of 2013-12-16 TSC Call Agenda
  4. Expect documents on WGM Team exercise from Karen; please fill out and return

Governance

  1. Discussion topics:
    • Posting of HL7 development materials (Lorraine)

Management

  1. Review action items
    • Andy, with Freida, Ken McCaslin, and John Roberts will work on IG definition and conformance and inviting Rob Snelick;
    • Calvin and Lorraine, aided by Jean will work on DAM desirable consistency value proposition, and conformance definition.
    • TRAC to recommend updated WGH metrics
    • TRAC governance point on project scope deadline
  2. For naming convention determination and approval
  3. From e-vote Approved 2013-12-20 with 6/0/0 with Ad-Hoc, ArB, Affiliate, DESD, FTSD and T3SD voting - Informative Publication request for HL7 Implementation Guide for CDA® Release 2: HIV/AIDS Services Report, Release 1 - US Realm for SDWG of SSD SD at Project Insight # 969 and TSC Tracker 2820.
  4. From e-vote 20134-01-03 approved 6/0/0 with 1 Affiliate, ArB, DESD, FTSD, SSD SD and T3SD voting
  5. For e-vote this week:
  6. Discussion topics:
    • Review of remaining 5-year old projects from TSC Tracker 2788
    • Results of e-discussion on proposed changes to Strategic Initiatives
      • 2.2.4 - End to end V3/CDA {FHIR??} template and implementation guide infrastructure has been developed (Lynn)
    • formation of a TSC task force on Help Desk and Conformance testing
  7. Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
    • Review WGH infractions for WGM Wednesday lunch invitations
    • Announcement: GOC peer review results approved by EC
    • Announcement: Pharmacy has submitted the HL7 Version 3 Standard: Pharmacy CMETs, Release 1 for normative publication!
    • ArB BAM-lite progress and BAM task force
    • Product Line Architecture program
    • FGB/FMG updates
    • TRAC
    • US Realm Task Force
    • UDI Task Force
    • SAIF Architecture Program
  8. WGM Agenda/ Planning (registration a little low in the 270s compared to about 300 this time 2012 or 2013); 8 tutorials at risk of cancellation
  9. Open Issues List


Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:
Convened 11:05 AM

  1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests) Mead is now an observer
    • John Q moves and Andy seconds naming Austin an ad-hoc member as past TSC chair for one year. Unanimously approved.
  2. Agenda review and approval - Ken - no additions
  3. Approve Minutes of 2013-12-16 TSC Call Agenda Unanimously approved.
  4. Expect documents from Karen; please fill out and return; first two quarters will be team building exercises.

Governance

  1. Discussion topics:
    • Posting of HL7 development materials (Lorraine)
      • ES is driving the issue. Education of members on material that is just about ready for publication is the first step. Publication on web site as members-only is recommended or in GForge. Use of Dropbox or GitHub, etc becoming problematic. Accessibility and transparency of development materials is an issue, and ability to maintain artifacts developed by the groups is at stake.
      • Material leading up to the ballot also needs to be reeled in. Andy points out some areas where external content is brought to HL7 (http for ITS) where we can't tell them to take it down.
      • Open environments holding material to be balloted negates the member benefit for early access to standards. Listserv distribution is also insecure. Freida notes that there is mention in GOM of externally contributed content.
      • Paul suggests that when we publish our standard even with external content that we request they point to the HL7 version and take theirs down. He further suggests we address at the Monday night meeting.
      • Ken will do a draft presentation for Monday night and seek TSC feedback.

Management

  1. WGM Agenda/ Planning (registration a little low in the 270s compared to about 300 this time 2012 or 2013); 8 tutorials at risk of cancellation
    • Paul is unsure if he can make the meeting.
    • Add to Q3 presentation review for IP posting by WGs in preparation for Monday night cochairs meeting
    • Sunday night typically ArB and recently also FGB. It only has 5:15 PM to 6:30 to accommodate the Fellows' Dinner. Ken notes that there will only be a Fellows' dinner at the Plenary session from now on. ArB will be #1, #2 FGB leadership and next steps
  2. Review action items
    • Andy, with Freida, Ken McCaslin, and John Roberts will work on IG definition and conformance and inviting Rob Snelick;
    • Calvin and Lorraine, aided by Jean will work on DAM desirable consistency value proposition, and conformance definition.
    • TRAC to recommend updated WGH metrics - three pegged item on minutes, WGM room requests and agendas. Two of three is considered "met" at the WG level; need to set metric for Steering Divisions. This may need to be highlighted on the Monday night cochairs meeting. Austin asks where we stand on the meeting room request project. Ken notes we're really close and is confident that ES will be doing a presentation Monday night and looking for beta test participants for the May meeting. Austin suggests we roll out this metric along with the new process for room requests.
    • TRAC governance point on project scope deadline - regarding PSSes missing deadlines for submission for next ballot cycle - up to three days the SD can decide and after three days the TSC must approve inclusion for consideration in the next ballot cycle. Degree of completion and acceptance is still an issue of deliberation.
  3. For naming convention determination and approval
    • DSTU Publication Request for HL7 Implementation Guide: Clinical Decision Support Knowledge Artifact Implementations, Release 1 for CDS WG of SSD SD at Project Insight #931 and TSC Tracker 2823.
    • Informative Publication Request for HL7 Virtual Medical Record for Clinical Decision Support (vMR-CDS) XML Implementation Guide, Release 1 for CDS WG of SSD SD at Project Insight # 1016 and TSC Tracker 2825.
    • Informative Publication Request for HL7 Virtual Medical Record for Clinical Decision Support (vMR-CDS) Templates, Release 1 for CDS WG of SSD SD at Project Insight # 1030 and TSC Tracker 2826.#Approval items from e-vote:
    • Informative Publication Request for HL7 Virtual Medical Record for Clinical Decision Support (vMR-CDS) Logical Model, Release 2 for CDS WG of SSD SD at Project Insight # 1017 and TSC Tracker 2824.
    • Paul notes that there are revisions to these documents already in ballot; is the initial version of value to the community? The upcoming versions are DSTU. These were initially classified as V3 and the US Realm Task force reviewed these and inadvertently created a new product family notes Austin. There may be another product family for logical models. Paul notes the CDS may be too narrow a family. Lorraine adds that SDC is also coming out and may fall into whatever product family this becomes. Publication as an ONC requirement will be dependent on determining such a naming convention. Such an urgency for publication is at question with the DSTU versions completing ballot next week. Lorraine adds that they were going to publish with a note to readers on the upcoming change to the material. Ken suggests we defer the discussion to the US Realm Task Force on Wednesday and review again on Monday Jan 13.
  4. From e-vote Approved 2013-12-20 with 6/0/0 with Ad-Hoc, ArB, Affiliate, DESD, FTSD and T3SD voting - Informative Publication request for HL7 Implementation Guide for CDA® Release 2: HIV/AIDS Services Report, Release 1 - US Realm for SDWG of SSD SD at Project Insight # 969 and TSC Tracker 2820.
  5. From e-vote 20134-01-03 approved 6/0/0 with 1 Affiliate, ArB, DESD, FTSD, SSD SD and T3SD voting
  6. For e-vote this week:


Adjourned 11:56 AM - defer remaining topics to next week.



Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


© 2014 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.