Difference between revisions of "2013-12-02 TSC Call Minutes"

From HL7 TSC
Jump to navigation Jump to search
 

Latest revision as of 18:46, 9 December 2013

TSC Agenda/Minutes

Meeting Info/Attendees

HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
GoToMeeting ID: 273-848-837

Date: 2013-12-02
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Austin Kreisler Note taker(s): Lynn Laakso
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented yes
Chair/CTO ArB International Affiliate Rep Ad-Hoc
x Austin Kreisler x Tony Julian x Jean Duteau regrets Ken McCaslin
x John Quinn x Lorraine Constable . x Giorgio Cangioli
Domain Experts Foundation and Technology Structure and Semantic Design Technical and Support Services
regrets Melva Peters x Woody Beeler x Calvin Beebe x Freida Hall
x Mead Walker x Paul Knapp x Pat van Dyke x Andy Stechishin
ex officio Invited Guests Observers HL7 Staff
. Don Mon (HL7 Chair) w/vote x John Roberts x Brian Pech x Lynn Laakso
. Bob Dolin (Vice Chair) vote x Mark McDougall . obs2
. Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote x Brett Marquard x Mike Kingery

Agenda

Housekeeping

  1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
  2. Agenda review and approval - Austin Kreisler
  3. Approve Minutes of 2013-11-25 TSC Call Agenda
  4. Review action items
    • Andy, with Freida, Ken McCaslin, and John Roberts will work on IG definition and conformance and inviting Rob Snelick;
    • Calvin and Lorraine, aided by Jean will work on DAM desirable consistency value proposition, and conformance definition.
    • TRAC to recommend updated WGH metrics
  5. Reminder: CTO Evaluation: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/KKS6V2J

Governance

  1. Approval items:
    • TRAC governance point on project scope deadline (propose deferring to 12/9 call)
  2. Discussion topics:
    • Conformance Testing (Quinn) - 5 minutes
    • Help Desk - What standards to include in next phase (McDougall) - 15 minutes
    • Help Desk Governance - Work Group involvement in Help Desk support process (Kreisler) - 15 minutes
    • CMET balloting approach - Report from Harmonization (Beeler) (10 minutes)

Management

  1. Approval items:
    • 2014Jan Ballot review - 15 minutes
      • New Normative items
        • HL7 Version 3 Standard: Clinical Statement CMETs, Release 1 (1st Normative Ballot) - Missing PSS
        • HL7 Version 3 Standard: Privacy, Access and Security Services; Security Labeling Service, Release 1 (1st Normative Ballot) - Straight to Normative instead of DSTU->Normative as documented in recently approved PSS.
      • Alternate ballot open dates
      • Informative ballot passed previous cycle but reballoting anyway - HL7 Implementation Guide for CDA® R2: Medication Therapy Management (MTM) Templates, Release 1 - US Realm (2nd Informative Ballot) – Project Insight ID: 842
  2. Discussion topics:
    • Tooling Dashboard (Andy)
  3. Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
    • ArB BAM-lite progress and BAM task force
    • Product Line Architecture program
    • FGB/FMG updates (FGB did not meet last week
    • TRAC
    • US Realm Task Force
    • UDI Task Force
    • SAIF Architecture Program
  4. Open Issues List

Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:

Convened 11:04 AM

  1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests) Mark and Mike on Help Desk, Brett and Brian observing, John Roberts invited guest
  2. Agenda review and approval - Austin Kreisler; defer governance point discussion. Approved by general consent.
  3. Approve Minutes of 2013-11-25 TSC Call Agenda Giorgio abstains, passes 7/0/1
  4. Review action items
    • Andy, with Freida, Ken McCaslin, and John Roberts will work on IG definition and conformance and inviting Rob Snelick; Andy has no report at this time; still trying to get a meeting together.
    • Calvin and Lorraine, aided by Jean will work on DAM desirable consistency value proposition, and conformance definition. Last week's report is the latest.
    • TRAC to recommend updated WGH metrics - Pat notes we did some work last week and are meeting again this week.
  5. Reminder: CTO Evaluation: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/KKS6V2J - only three members have participated so far.

Governance

    • TRAC governance point on project scope deadline (propose deferring to 12/9 call)
  1. Discussion topics:
    • Conformance Testing (Quinn) - 5 minutes
      • Number of conference calls held to discuss so far. Approved by BOD last Monday afternoon. They have decided to go with Immunization Registry (an IG from CDC not published through HL7 though balloted as comment-only), and Aegis has been informed. Seeking respondents to RFP for someone to work on specific requirements for demo at HIMSS. They also anticipate participation by Rob Savage of PHER and someone from CDC. Concerns with using non-HL7 IG discussed and the reference to the V2.x base standard is highly present.
    • Help Desk - What standards to include in next phase (McDougall) - 15 minutes
    • -and-
    • Help Desk Governance - Work Group involvement in Help Desk support process (Kreisler) - 15 minutes
      • Seven weeks to bring forward the first phase, launched Sep-23. While volume of use has been less than anticipated, there were 59 visitors with 90 visits in the one week of September. There were 115 visitors with 260 in October, and November also 115 visitors with 202 visits.
      • Help Desk Moderators suggested the items in the email of 11/22 centered around HL7 V2.x ADT and O&O (in general), and MU2 IGs (in specific).
      • Austin suggests we ensure FAQs are available on those items being proposed for conformance testing.
      • Paul asks if the development work on conformance testing is scoped on the testing side or include education to support testing. John responds that they're working with developing a demo for HIMSS and have not yet made plans for impact on both education about and conducting the testing itself.
      • Lorraine suggests we add FAQs on those areas of interest and work in product development and indicates FHIR would be a candidate. John Q adds his experience on a presentation in DC where most of the questions were directed at him regarding FHIR. Austin suggests we focus on that once FHIR is published.
      • Austin notes that questions to the Help Desk on CDA as well as listerv receive different answers sometimes. Might see skype channels, conference calls, and other areas where issues are raised. We have no formal process for that today and need to synchronize with the Help Desk. Volunteer co-chairs acting as third tier support to paid staff support makes him uncomfortable. He has concerns for OO and PA supporting these demands, and has included the next discussion topic to address. Paul concurs.
      • Brett suggests that SDWG review biweekly for 30 minutes of their 2 hour call the outstanding Help Desk issues for CDA. This is clearly a maintenance issue of the standard(s). Austin notes that this way the WG co-chairs are not personally responsible for answering the questions, but take responsibility for bringing the support questions before the WG.
      • Paul cautions there may be a market expectation of responses returned in days rather than weeks. If this response time is not considered worthy as a benefit of membership it should be reconsidered. Brett notes that an approved response from the WG is of more value than what is being tossed around on a list.
      • Those asking questions now are all members as it's under the members-only section. It's being promoted to those solicited to join or renew membership.
      • Austin suggests a tier three support process be sketched out, as outlined on the call.
      • For the phase 2 topics, the HL7 V2.x items are recommended and the FHIR topic will need to be considered very soon. Lorraine cautions that the current plans are all topics that are US Realm - need to consider non-US Realm specific content for international member benefits. Paul notes that CAN has realm-specific standards published in their Affiliate and not in HL7 International; should that be considered.
      • Mead notes the most important criteria is whether it is something people are trying to implement today. Paul and Lorraine report that FHIR implementations are also bringing questions forward. Lorraine adds that FHIR has many ways to gain support right now and offering it as a member benefit may not add value. Woody notes that the Help Desk staff would have to study the FHIR spec for offering support as most of the answers are in there. Paul asks if there is capacity to support both. Austin suggests that while Phase 2 might be V2.x then phase 3 should be FHIR. Conformance testing will also have to take this into consideration.
    • CMET balloting approach - Report from Harmonization (Beeler) (10 minutes) - defer to next week for time.

Management

  1. Approval items:
    • 2014Jan Ballot review - 15 minutes
      • New Normative items - Motion: Jean moves and Calvin seconds approval of the normative items except for Clinical Statement. Unanimously approved.
      • Infobutton (2) - all in order.
        • HL7 Version 3 Standard: Clinical Statement CMETs, Release 1 (1st Normative Ballot) - Missing PSS - not yet received.
        • HL7 Version 3 Standard: Privacy, Access and Security Services; Security Labeling Service, Release 1 (1st Normative Ballot) - Straight to Normative instead of DSTU->Normative as documented in recently approved PSS. Is it too late for us to notify ANSI that this is going normative, Austin requested of Staff. Don doesn't think it's too late. Is the TSC comfortable with this balloting direct to normative in variance from the approved project scope statement. Calvin suggests they bring forward an updated project scope; Austin notes they will have to update their project schedule with Dave.
      • Alternate ballot open dates
        • Rationale for Health Quality DAM weaker than others in the pool. Paul notes it's pretty late to prohibit them from taking the extra time. It's part of a 'herd' of materials all coming through at one time. Motion: Freida moves approval and Pat seconds the alternate ballot dates and suggests that TRAC consider the alternate ballot date requests for WG Health
      • Informative ballot passed previous cycle but reballoting anyway - HL7 Implementation Guide for CDA® R2: Medication Therapy Management (MTM) Templates, Release 1 - US Realm (2nd Informative Ballot) – Project Insight ID: 842 - they are allowed to ballot.
  2. Discussion topics:
    • Tooling Dashboard (Andy) - postpone to next week.


Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


© 2013 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.