Difference between revisions of "2013-11-25 TSC Call Minutes"

From HL7 TSC
Jump to navigation Jump to search
 
(2 intermediate revisions by one other user not shown)
Line 105: Line 105:
 
===Minutes===
 
===Minutes===
 
'''Minutes/Conclusions Reached:'''<br/>
 
'''Minutes/Conclusions Reached:'''<br/>
 +
Convened at 11:03 AM;
 
'''Housekeeping''' <br/>
 
'''Housekeeping''' <br/>
 
#Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)-Brian Pech for V2 Publishing Issue and Don Lloyd for 2014 Jan Ballot review
 
#Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)-Brian Pech for V2 Publishing Issue and Don Lloyd for 2014 Jan Ballot review
Line 200: Line 201:
 
<!-- #WGM Planning - -->
 
<!-- #WGM Planning - -->
 
#[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemBrowse&tracker_id=313 Open Issues List]
 
#[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemBrowse&tracker_id=313 Open Issues List]
'''''Please don't forget to hang up from the conference call '' (VOIP users)'''
+
Adjourned 12:04 PM.
  
 
===Next Steps===
 
===Next Steps===

Latest revision as of 17:13, 2 December 2013

TSC Agenda/Minutes

Meeting Info/Attendees

Standing Conference Calls

TSC will hold a Conference Call at 11AM Eastern time, each Monday except during scheduled face-to-face Working Group Meetings unless otherwise noted at TSC_Minutes_and_Agendas.

GoToMeeting at https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/426505829 using VOIP
For those without access to microphone/speakers:
US: +1 (224)501-3318
Canada: +1 (647)497-9379
Italy: +39 0 230 57 81 80
Access Code: 426-505-829
GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829
HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
GoToMeeting ID: 273-848-837

Date: 2013-11-25
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Austin Kreisler Note taker(s): Dave Hamill
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented yes
Chair/CTO ArB International Affiliate Rep Ad-Hoc
x Austin Kreisler x Tony Julian . Jean Duteau tentative Ken McCaslin
x John Quinn x Lorraine Constable . . Giorgio Cangioli
Domain Experts Foundation and Technology Structure and Semantic Design Technical and Support Services
. Melva Peters x Woody Beeler x Calvin Beebe x Freida Hall
x Mead Walker x Paul Knapp regrets Pat van Dyke x Andy Stechishin
ex officio Invited Guests Observers HL7 Staff
. Don Mon (HL7 Chair) w/vote x John Roberts x Brian Pech regrets Lynn Laakso
. Bob Dolin (Vice Chair) vote . . x Don Lloyd x Dave Hamill
. Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote . . . .

Agenda

Housekeeping

  1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
  2. Agenda review and approval - Austin Kreisler
  3. Approve Minutes of 2013-11-18 TSC Call Agenda

Governance

  1. Approval items:
    • TRAC governance point on project scope deadline

Management

  1. Review action items
    • Andy, with Freida, Ken McCaslin, and John Roberts will work on IG definition and conformance and inviting Rob Snelick;
    • Calvin and Lorraine, aided by Jean will work on DAM desirable consistency value proposition, and conformance definition.
    • TRAC to recommend updated WGH metrics
  2. Approval items for today's review
    • 2014Jan Ballot review - Reconciliation deadline was 2013-11-24, please review request for new product family name
  3. Approval items from e-vote this past week: approved 5/0/0 with AdHoc, ArB, Affiliate, DESD and T3SD voting
  4. Discussion topics:
    • Conceptual and Domain Analysis model product family naming (cross-paradigm)
    • Tooling Dashboard (Andy)
    • V2 Publishing Issue (Brian Pech)
  5. Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
    • ArB BAM-lite progress and BAM task force
    • Product Line Architecture program
    • FGB/FMG updates (FGB did not meet last week
    • TRAC
    • US Realm Task Force
    • UDI Task Force
    • SAIF Architecture Program
  6. Open Issues List


Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:
Convened at 11:03 AM; Housekeeping

  1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)-Brian Pech for V2 Publishing Issue and Don Lloyd for 2014 Jan Ballot review
  2. Agenda review and approval - Austin Kreisler
  3. Approve Minutes of 2013-11-18 TSC Call Agenda - Approved unanimously

Governance

  1. Approval items:
    • TRAC governance point on project scope deadline
      • Tabled until Pat can attend a TSC call.

Management

  1. Review action items
    • Andy, with Freida, Ken McCaslin, and John Roberts will work on IG definition and conformance and inviting Rob Snelick;
      • Freida: The group has not had a chance to have a call regarding IG definition and conformance
    • Calvin and Lorraine, aided by Jean will work on DAM desirable consistency value proposition, and conformance definition.
      • Lorraine/Calvin: DAM desirable consistency value proposition and conformance definition
      • Different groups are creating DAMs for different purposes.
      • Calvin: How wide of scope should the resolution be?
      • Austin: Not sure of the answer. Perhaps they should come back with a recommendation otherwise we’d be casting too wide of net
      • Calvin: Will go back and focus on DAMs that drive towards standards
    • TRAC to recommend updated WGH metrics
      • Tabled until someone that attended that TRAC meeting is on the TSC call
  2. Approval items for today's review
    • 2014Jan Ballot review - Reconciliation deadline was 2013-11-24, please review request for new product family name
      • Review request for a new product family name
        • Normally we name things “HL7 V3 Standard”
        • The Templates WG wanted to name it “HL7 Templates Standard...”
        • The Templates WG originally wanted just “HL7 Templates”
        • The question back to theTemplates Work Group is whether they still believe this is a V3 standard.
        • Woody: Does it need a V3 title in order to be published?
        • John Roberts: Templates WG would rather not have V3 in the title
        • Austin: If Templates WG is fine as is, then the TSC is fine letting it be as is
      • 2014Jan Ballot Review - Normative Ballots
        • HL7 Version 3 Implementation Guide: URL-Based Implementations of the Context-Aware Information Retrieval (Infobutton) Domain, Release 4 (1st Normative Ballot) – Project Insight ID: 876
        • Did the WG notify the TSC that it was going to Normative? (Yes, they did; TSC approved via Tracker 2755 on 2013-10-7).
        • It did have a DSTU ballot in 2012 December
        • HL7 Version 3 Standard: Context-Aware Knowledge Retrieval Application (Infobutton); Knowledge Request, Release 2 (1st Normative Ballot) – Project Insight ID: 875
        • Did the WG notify the TSC that it was going to Normative? (Yes, they did; TSC approved via Tracker 2754 on 2013-10-7)
        • HL7 Version 3 Standard: Clinical Statement CMETs, Release 1 (1st Normative Ballot) – Project Insight ID: 266
        • Needs a new PSS for this item
        • HL7 Version 3 Standard: Privacy, Access and Security Services; Security Labeling Service, Release 1 (1st Normative Ballot) – Project Insight ID: 1017
        • Did the WG notify the TSC that it was going to Normative?
        • This should be project 1046, not 1017; 1046 was approved by the TSC on 2013-10-21.\
        • Austin to ask Mike Davis: What has prompted the major change in the schedule that was previously approved by the TSC?
        • Hold off on approving the Normative ballots until the above action items are resolved
      • 2014Jan Ballot Review - Informative Ballot Items
        • Nothing outstanding to note.
        • Constable motions to approves the Informative balloted items; multiple seconds.
        • Informative ballot items unanimously approved
      • 2014Jan Ballot Review - DSTU Ballot Items
        • HL7 Virtual Medical Record for Clinical Decision Support (vMR-CDS) Logical Model, Release 2 (1st DSTU Ballot) – Project Insight ID: 1017 – Reconciliation has been completed for this DSTU ballot
        • HL7 Virtual Medical Record for Clinical Decision Support (vMR-CDS) Templates, Release 1 - US Realm (1st DSTU Ballot) – Project Insight ID: 1030 – Reconciliation has been completed for this DSTU ballot
        • With the DSTU ballot items, the CG work group is a typo. Each item has the correct Work Group within the identifier. One item to note:
        • HL7 Virtual Medical Record for Clinical Decision Support (vMR-CDS) XML Specification, Release 1 (1st DSTU Ballot) – Project Insight ID: 1016
        • ITS is actually running this project, not CG. CDS is a secondary sponsor.
        • Don confirmed that the ballot request is correct. Reconciliation has been completed for this DSTU ballot
        • John Quinn motions to approve the DSTU balloted items; Hall seconded. Unanimously approved
        • Will pick up the review document next meeting at the Alternate Ballot Dates section.
  3. Approval items from e-vote this past week: approved 5/0/0 with AdHoc, ArB, Affiliate, DESD and T3SD voting
  4. Discussion topics:
    • Conceptual and Domain Analysis model product family naming (cross-paradigm)
      • Table for now; discuss at a future meeting
    • Tooling Dashboard (Andy)
      • Table for now; discuss at a future meeting
    • V2 Publishing Issue (Brian Pech)
      • V2.8 nor V2.8.1 has not been published yet.
      • OO is suggesting V2.9 work be postponed until May 2014 and would like agreement of this decision by the TSC;
      • V2 Publishing is comfortable postponing it, but wanted consensus from the TSC before finalizing that decision.
      • Given the editors need time to update examples for v2.9, Austin agrees with the postponement. Frieda agrees with that, and reiterated that many emails conveyed the same sentiment. Mead agreed stating that there is not rush to move v2.9.
      • Brian doesn’t need a motion, just wanted agreement by the TSC.
  5. Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
    • ArB BAM-lite progress and BAM task force
    • Product Line Architecture program
    • FGB/FMG updates (FGB did not meet last week
    • TRAC
    • US Realm Task Force
    • UDI Task Force
    • SAIF Architecture Program
  6. Open Issues List

Adjourned 12:04 PM.

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • HL7 Version 3 Standard: Clinical Statement CMETs, Release 1 (1st Normative Ballot) – Project Insight ID: 266
    • Needs a new PSS for this item
  • HL7 Version 3 Standard: Privacy, Access and Security Services; Security Labeling Service, Release 1 (1st Normative Ballot) – Project Insight ID: 1046
    • Did the WG notify the TSC that it was going to Normative?
    • Austin to ask Mike Davis: What has prompted the major change in the schedule that was previously approved by the TSC?
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items
  • 2013-12-04 TSC Call Agenda.
  • Approval items:
    • TRAC governance point on project scope deadline
  • Action items
    • Andy, with Freida, Ken McCaslin, and John Roberts will work on IG definition and conformance and inviting Rob Snelick;
    • TRAC to recommend updated WGH metrics
  • 2014Jan Ballot Review
    • Hold off on approving the Normative ballots until the action items identified in that area are resolved
    • Will pick up reviewing the document in the next meeting at the Alternate Ballot Dates section.
  • Discussion topics:
    • Conceptual and Domain Analysis model product family naming (cross-paradigm)
    • Tooling Dashboard (Andy)


© 2013 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.