Difference between revisions of "2013-11-04 TSC Call Minutes"

From HL7 TSC
Jump to navigation Jump to search
 
(2 intermediate revisions by 2 users not shown)
Line 3: Line 3:
  
 
===Meeting Info/Attendees===
 
===Meeting Info/Attendees===
{{:TSC Meetings}}
+
   [[Category:2013 TSC Minutes]]
   [[Category:2013 TSC Minutes|Agenda Template]]
 
  
 
{|border="1" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0"  
 
{|border="1" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0"  
Line 22: Line 21:
 
|colspan="2"|Chair/CTO ||colspan="2"|ArB ||colspan="2"|International Affiliate Rep ||colspan="2"|Ad-Hoc
 
|colspan="2"|Chair/CTO ||colspan="2"|ArB ||colspan="2"|International Affiliate Rep ||colspan="2"|Ad-Hoc
 
|-
 
|-
|.||Austin Kreisler||.||Tony Julian||.|| Jean Duteau||.||Ken McCaslin
+
|x||Austin Kreisler||x||Tony Julian||x|| Jean Duteau||.||Ken McCaslin
 
|-
 
|-
|.||John Quinn ||.||Lorraine Constable||.|| ||.||Giorgio Cangioli
+
|x||John Quinn ||x||Lorraine Constable||.|| ||x||Giorgio Cangioli
  
 
|-
 
|-
Line 33: Line 32:
  
 
|-
 
|-
|regrets||Melva Peters||.||Woody Beeler||.||Calvin Beebe||.||Freida Hall
+
|regrets||Melva Peters||x||Woody Beeler||x||Calvin Beebe||x||Freida Hall
 
|-
 
|-
|.||Mead Walker||.||Paul Knapp||regrets||Pat van Dyke||.||Andy Stechishin
+
|x||Mead Walker||x||Paul Knapp||regrets||Pat van Dyke||x||Andy Stechishin
 
|-
 
|-
 
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|''ex officio''
 
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|''ex officio''
Line 42: Line 41:
 
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|HL7 Staff
 
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|HL7 Staff
 
|-
 
|-
|.||Don Mon (HL7 Chair) w/vote||.||John Roberts ||.||''obs1''||.||Lynn Laakso
+
|.||Don Mon (HL7 Chair) w/vote||x||John Roberts ||.|| ||x||Lynn Laakso
 
|-
 
|-
|.||Bob Dolin (Vice Chair) <s>vote</s>||.||.||.||''obs2''||.||
+
|.||Bob Dolin (Vice Chair) <s>vote</s>||x||Lloyd McKenzie||.||''obs2''||.||
 
|-
 
|-
 
|.||Chuck Jaffe (CEO) <s> vote</s>
 
|.||Chuck Jaffe (CEO) <s> vote</s>
|.||
+
|x||Ron Parker
 
|.||.
 
|.||.
 
|.||
 
|.||
Line 102: Line 101:
  
 
===Minutes===
 
===Minutes===
'''Minutes/Conclusions Reached:'''<br/>
+
'''Minutes/Conclusions Reached:'''<br/> convened at 11:03 AM
 +
#Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests) Lloyd and John R and Ron invited.
 +
#Agenda review and approval - Austin Kreisler - may shuffle governance after management to give Ron time to join; approved by general consent
 +
#Approve Minutes of [[2013-10-28 TSC Call Agenda]]; Giorgio abstains, passed 5/0/1
 +
====Management part 1====
 +
#Review [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemBrowse&tracker_id=494 action items] –
 +
#*Andy, with Freida, Ken McCaslin, and John Roberts will work on IG definition and conformance and inviting Rob Snelick - Andy sent a poll, likely meet next week.
 +
#*:Ron joins
 +
#*Calvin and Lorraine, aided by Jean will work on DAM desirable consistency value proposition, and conformance definition. They will be meeting Nov 11th
 +
#*Woody will suggest the amended FGB M&C be brought along with recommendations for the new positions. Still in progress with FGB
 +
#*Lynn will contact list of projects >5 years old for PSS update. See [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2788/11144/%50%72%6f%6a%65%63%74%52%65%70%6f%72%74%5f%32%30%31%33%31%30%31%30%64%2e%78%6c%73 updated status of projects > 5 years old] progress being made
 +
#*Austin will work with Don and Karen on an announcement of the change in the ballot signup period, now closing when the ballots open. Ballots open December 13, ballot signup closes end of day December 12; seek announcement from another source instead of Don; still in progress. Paul notes this was not the intent to replace Don's announcement - it's something that ANSI told us we had to do. Reviewing the materials for ballot he was unaware of the change.
 +
#*TRAC to recommend updated WGH metrics - Pat is out today
 +
#*BAM-lite vision statement (John Q and Ken) are not on the call; Austin will let them know.
 +
====Governance====
 +
<!--  Discussion  -->
 +
#Discussion topics:
 +
#*FHIR Governance (Parker)
 +
#**Point of clarification - the way the TSC instantiated the FGB and FMG and assertion of policy by FGB and instantiation of management in FMG; both serve at the pleasure of the TSC. Ron's vision was that of a reporting relationship of a product management group to and through the Governance layer back to the TSC. This has not been explicitly asserted.
 +
#**Lloyd agrees that TSC does not mediate between FMG and FGB. Fulfillment of each body's mandate he felt was a direct reporting relationship to the TSC. Intervention by the TSC through the FGB to the FMG seems overly complicated.
 +
#**Ron would like to remove the FGB chair on FMG for reporting, but instead have an FMG representative responsible for reporting to the FGB. Secondly he agrees with Lloyd's point that a strict hierarchy would not be appropriate in terms of naming FMG representatives. Austin notes this should be clarified in the BAM. Ron notes they wish to express this in the BAM but seek guidance
 +
#**Paul notes that with multiple stacks down the road it doesn't scale to have the TSC managing down into the management groups of each product family when they have a governance body. Ron notes that we may have several of the same people holding hats in different stacks.
 +
#**:Lorraine joins
 +
#**Lloyd notes the size of the management groups in each stack, V2 versus FHIR for example would be smaller. Combining them would not work well. Austin notes that there was no proposal to combine management groups but perhaps a combined governance group. Lorraine notes that some hats are easier to wear in combination with others.
 +
#**Reversing the liaison responsibility to have an FMG member reporting on FGB is of concern to Lloyd if the FMG don't have someone to receive communication from FGB. Austin feels this should be in the role of a Product Director. Ron would rather see someone from FMG representing their position to FGB rather than the FGB chair reporting back. Lloyd notes that the role of FGB chair having voting privileges on both bodies might be a concern.
 +
#**Austin suggests this be ironed out with the BAM-lite, and that Ron, Lloyd and interested TSC members assist ArB to iron this out in the coming week(s). [http://www.hl7.org/concalls/CallDetails.aspx?concall=20757 ArB meets Tuesday at 5 EST].
  
 +
====Management part 2====
 +
<!--    Management      -->
 +
<!--    Approvals  -->
 +
#e-vote Approvals for the past week '''did not reach quorum:'''
 +
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/docmanfileversion/7659/11122/%54%33%53%44%20%4d%69%73%73%69%6f%6e%43%68%61%72%74%65%72%20%32%30%31%33%5f%66%69%6e%61%6c%2e%64%6f%63 Mission and Charter update] for T3SD
 +
#**Andy moves and Paul seconds approval. Unanimously approved.
 +
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2785/11124/%48%4c%37%5f%50%75%62%6c%69%63%61%74%69%6f%6e%5f%52%65%71%75%65%73%74%5f%54%65%6d%70%6c%61%74%65%5f%42%75%73%50%72%6f%63%5f%52%65%71%41%6e%61%6c%79%73%69%73%20%31%30%32%34%31%33%2e%64%6f%63%78 Informative Publication request] for ''HL7 Templates Registry Business Process Requirements Analysis, Release 1'' by Templates WG of FTSD at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=829 Project Insight # 829] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2785 TSC Tracker 2785].
 +
#**Andy moves and Tony seconds approval. Unanimously approved.
 +
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2782/11115/vMR-CDS%20XML%20Specification%20Release%201%20DSTU%20PSS%20v2013-10-22.doc Project Approval request] for ''Virtual Medical Record for Clinical Decision Support (vMR-CDS)  XML Specification, Release 1 DSTU'' by ITS WG of FTSD and cosponsored by CDS of SSD SD at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=1016 Project Insight # 1016] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2782 TSC Tracker 2782].
 +
#**Mead moves and Paul seconds approval. Unanimously approved.
 +
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/docmanfileversion/7666/11132/%48%4c%37%5f%50%75%62%6c%69%63%61%74%69%6f%6e%5f%52%65%71%75%65%73%74%5f%54%65%6d%70%6c%61%74%65%5f%32%30%31%33%4e%6f%76%2e%64%6f%63%78 Publication Request Template] update
 +
#**Revisions for DSTU update review process identified. Andy moves and Paul seconds approval of modified template. Unanimously approved.
 +
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2783/11116/Event%20Publish%20%20Subscribe%20Service%20PSS.doc Project Approval request] for ''Event Publish & Subscribe Service Interface Specification Project'' for SOA of FTSD cosponsored by CDS of SSD SD at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=1051 Project Insight # 1051] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2783 TSC Tracker 2783].
 +
#**Discussion on Functional Profile revealed that the project team probably didn't know the distinction that Functional Profile was specifically and EHR artifact.
 +
#**Lorraine notes that we need to clarify some of the language in the HSSP process to distinguish use of terms in Behavioral Framework and in EHR.
 +
#**:John Q joins
 +
#**Freida notes that since Project Services has responsibility for the PSS template. The FP section was specific to EHR when it was added.
 +
#**Lorraine adds that functional models list a set of service functional profiles but these are still not part of the EHR type of artifact
 +
#**Austin notes that the EHR FP has the granularity of a standard.
 +
#**Giorgio notes the SFM defined in HSSP process, but within it there is the ability to define a Functional Profile to constrain operations that a service can adopt. He thinks we need to distinguish these artifacts. Austin agrees and believes the SAIF IG ought to define that but the PSS doesn't operate at that level. Lorraine notes that those HSSP type functional profiles are balloted as a set in a Functional Model. Austin suggests we defer this to PSC to disambiguate what the artifact representations shall be.
 +
#**Giorgio asks if the SOA services artifact must have V3 payload? Some have V2 payload for example but we group them as V3 in the ballot material. Austin suggests that PSC also address what belongs in that "bucket".
 +
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2784/11117/Unified%20Communication%20Escalation%20Service%20PSS.doc Project Approval request] for ''Unified Communication Service Interface Specification Project'' for SOA of FTSD cosponsored by CDS of SSD SD at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=1052 Project Insight # 1052] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2784 TSC Tracker 2784].
 +
#**Lorraine moves to approve both projects as amended and Calvin seconds approval. Unanimously approved.
 +
#e-vote Approvals for the coming week:
 +
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2786/11135/%48%4c%37%5f%50%75%62%6c%69%63%61%74%69%6f%6e%5f%52%65%71%75%65%73%74%5f%50%41%5f%43%4d%45%54%5f%52%32%2e%64%6f%63%78 DSTU Publication request] for ''HL7 Version 3 Standard: Patient Administration CMETs, Release 2'' by PAWG of SSD SD at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=978 Project Insight # 978] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2786 TSC Tracker 2786].
 +
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2787/11143/%41%4e%53%49%5f%70%72%6f%70%6f%73%61%6c%5f%77%69%74%68%64%72%61%77%61%6c%20%2d%20%4f%72%64%65%72%20%53%65%74%73%20%44%53%54%55%2e%64%6f%63 Withdrawal request] for ''HL7 Version 3 Standard: Order Set Publication, Release 1'' for CDS of SSD SD at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=259 Project Insight # 259] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2787 TSC Tracker 2787].
 +
<!--  Management      -->
 +
<!--  Discussion  -->
 +
#Discussion topics:
 +
#Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
 +
#*ArB BAM-lite progress and BAM task force - Tony notes they plan for reviewing the document on November 12 and publish around the 19th.
 +
#*US Realm Task Force meets again this week
 +
#*UDI Task Force met last week and will meet again this week with a surprising level of agreement out of the box.
  
'''''Please don't forget to hang up from the conference call '' (VOIP users)'''
+
Lorraine reports next Monday is a Canadian holiday and she may not make the call.
  
 +
Adjourned 11:56 AM
  
 
===Next Steps===
 
===Next Steps===

Latest revision as of 18:22, 11 November 2013

TSC Agenda/Minutes

Meeting Info/Attendees

HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
GoToMeeting ID: 273-848-837

Date: 2013-11-04
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Austin Kreisler Note taker(s): Lynn Laakso
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented yes/no
Chair/CTO ArB International Affiliate Rep Ad-Hoc
x Austin Kreisler x Tony Julian x Jean Duteau . Ken McCaslin
x John Quinn x Lorraine Constable . x Giorgio Cangioli
Domain Experts Foundation and Technology Structure and Semantic Design Technical and Support Services
regrets Melva Peters x Woody Beeler x Calvin Beebe x Freida Hall
x Mead Walker x Paul Knapp regrets Pat van Dyke x Andy Stechishin
ex officio Invited Guests Observers HL7 Staff
. Don Mon (HL7 Chair) w/vote x John Roberts . x Lynn Laakso
. Bob Dolin (Vice Chair) vote x Lloyd McKenzie . obs2 .
. Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote x Ron Parker . . .

Agenda

Housekeeping

  1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
  2. Agenda review and approval - Austin Kreisler
  3. Approve Minutes of 2013-10-28 TSC Call Agenda

Governance

  1. Discussion topics:
    • FHIR Governance (Parker)

Management

  1. Review action items
    • Andy, with Freida, Ken McCaslin, and John Roberts will work on IG definition and conformance and inviting Rob Snelick
    • Calvin and Lorraine, aided by Jean will work on DAM desirable consistency value proposition, and conformance definition.
    • Woody will suggest the amended FGB M&C be brought along with recommendations for the new positions.
    • Lynn will contact list of projects >5 years old for PSS update. See updated status of projects > 5 years old
    • Austin will work with Don and Karen on an announcement of the change in the ballot signup period, now closing when the ballots open. Ballots open December 13, ballot signup closes end of day December 12; seek announcement from another source instead of Don
    • TRAC to recommend updated WGH metrics
    • BAM-lite vision statement (John and Ken)
  2. e-vote Approvals for the past week did not reach quorum:
  3. e-vote Approvals for the coming week:
  4. Discussion topics:
    • Difference between Functional Model (SOA) and Functional Profile (EHR) and distinction on PSS form
  5. Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
    • ArB BAM-lite progress and BAM task force (first draft BAM-lite due Oct 22)
    • FGB/FMG updates?
    • TRAC
    • US Realm Task Force
    • UDI Task Force
  6. Open Issues List

Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:
convened at 11:03 AM

  1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests) Lloyd and John R and Ron invited.
  2. Agenda review and approval - Austin Kreisler - may shuffle governance after management to give Ron time to join; approved by general consent
  3. Approve Minutes of 2013-10-28 TSC Call Agenda; Giorgio abstains, passed 5/0/1

Management part 1

  1. Review action items
    • Andy, with Freida, Ken McCaslin, and John Roberts will work on IG definition and conformance and inviting Rob Snelick - Andy sent a poll, likely meet next week.
      Ron joins
    • Calvin and Lorraine, aided by Jean will work on DAM desirable consistency value proposition, and conformance definition. They will be meeting Nov 11th
    • Woody will suggest the amended FGB M&C be brought along with recommendations for the new positions. Still in progress with FGB
    • Lynn will contact list of projects >5 years old for PSS update. See updated status of projects > 5 years old progress being made
    • Austin will work with Don and Karen on an announcement of the change in the ballot signup period, now closing when the ballots open. Ballots open December 13, ballot signup closes end of day December 12; seek announcement from another source instead of Don; still in progress. Paul notes this was not the intent to replace Don's announcement - it's something that ANSI told us we had to do. Reviewing the materials for ballot he was unaware of the change.
    • TRAC to recommend updated WGH metrics - Pat is out today
    • BAM-lite vision statement (John Q and Ken) are not on the call; Austin will let them know.

Governance

  1. Discussion topics:
    • FHIR Governance (Parker)
      • Point of clarification - the way the TSC instantiated the FGB and FMG and assertion of policy by FGB and instantiation of management in FMG; both serve at the pleasure of the TSC. Ron's vision was that of a reporting relationship of a product management group to and through the Governance layer back to the TSC. This has not been explicitly asserted.
      • Lloyd agrees that TSC does not mediate between FMG and FGB. Fulfillment of each body's mandate he felt was a direct reporting relationship to the TSC. Intervention by the TSC through the FGB to the FMG seems overly complicated.
      • Ron would like to remove the FGB chair on FMG for reporting, but instead have an FMG representative responsible for reporting to the FGB. Secondly he agrees with Lloyd's point that a strict hierarchy would not be appropriate in terms of naming FMG representatives. Austin notes this should be clarified in the BAM. Ron notes they wish to express this in the BAM but seek guidance
      • Paul notes that with multiple stacks down the road it doesn't scale to have the TSC managing down into the management groups of each product family when they have a governance body. Ron notes that we may have several of the same people holding hats in different stacks.
        Lorraine joins
      • Lloyd notes the size of the management groups in each stack, V2 versus FHIR for example would be smaller. Combining them would not work well. Austin notes that there was no proposal to combine management groups but perhaps a combined governance group. Lorraine notes that some hats are easier to wear in combination with others.
      • Reversing the liaison responsibility to have an FMG member reporting on FGB is of concern to Lloyd if the FMG don't have someone to receive communication from FGB. Austin feels this should be in the role of a Product Director. Ron would rather see someone from FMG representing their position to FGB rather than the FGB chair reporting back. Lloyd notes that the role of FGB chair having voting privileges on both bodies might be a concern.
      • Austin suggests this be ironed out with the BAM-lite, and that Ron, Lloyd and interested TSC members assist ArB to iron this out in the coming week(s). ArB meets Tuesday at 5 EST.

Management part 2

  1. e-vote Approvals for the past week did not reach quorum:
    • Mission and Charter update for T3SD
      • Andy moves and Paul seconds approval. Unanimously approved.
    • Informative Publication request for HL7 Templates Registry Business Process Requirements Analysis, Release 1 by Templates WG of FTSD at Project Insight # 829 and TSC Tracker 2785.
      • Andy moves and Tony seconds approval. Unanimously approved.
    • Project Approval request for Virtual Medical Record for Clinical Decision Support (vMR-CDS) XML Specification, Release 1 DSTU by ITS WG of FTSD and cosponsored by CDS of SSD SD at Project Insight # 1016 and TSC Tracker 2782.
      • Mead moves and Paul seconds approval. Unanimously approved.
    • Publication Request Template update
      • Revisions for DSTU update review process identified. Andy moves and Paul seconds approval of modified template. Unanimously approved.
    • Project Approval request for Event Publish & Subscribe Service Interface Specification Project for SOA of FTSD cosponsored by CDS of SSD SD at Project Insight # 1051 and TSC Tracker 2783.
      • Discussion on Functional Profile revealed that the project team probably didn't know the distinction that Functional Profile was specifically and EHR artifact.
      • Lorraine notes that we need to clarify some of the language in the HSSP process to distinguish use of terms in Behavioral Framework and in EHR.
        John Q joins
      • Freida notes that since Project Services has responsibility for the PSS template. The FP section was specific to EHR when it was added.
      • Lorraine adds that functional models list a set of service functional profiles but these are still not part of the EHR type of artifact
      • Austin notes that the EHR FP has the granularity of a standard.
      • Giorgio notes the SFM defined in HSSP process, but within it there is the ability to define a Functional Profile to constrain operations that a service can adopt. He thinks we need to distinguish these artifacts. Austin agrees and believes the SAIF IG ought to define that but the PSS doesn't operate at that level. Lorraine notes that those HSSP type functional profiles are balloted as a set in a Functional Model. Austin suggests we defer this to PSC to disambiguate what the artifact representations shall be.
      • Giorgio asks if the SOA services artifact must have V3 payload? Some have V2 payload for example but we group them as V3 in the ballot material. Austin suggests that PSC also address what belongs in that "bucket".
    • Project Approval request for Unified Communication Service Interface Specification Project for SOA of FTSD cosponsored by CDS of SSD SD at Project Insight # 1052 and TSC Tracker 2784.
      • Lorraine moves to approve both projects as amended and Calvin seconds approval. Unanimously approved.
  2. e-vote Approvals for the coming week:
  3. Discussion topics:
  4. Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
    • ArB BAM-lite progress and BAM task force - Tony notes they plan for reviewing the document on November 12 and publish around the 19th.
    • US Realm Task Force meets again this week
    • UDI Task Force met last week and will meet again this week with a surprising level of agreement out of the box.

Lorraine reports next Monday is a Canadian holiday and she may not make the call.

Adjourned 11:56 AM

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


© 2013 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.