Difference between revisions of "2013-10-21 TSC Call Minutes"

From HL7 TSC
Jump to navigation Jump to search
 
(10 intermediate revisions by 2 users not shown)
Line 3: Line 3:
  
 
===Meeting Info/Attendees===
 
===Meeting Info/Attendees===
{{:TSC Meetings}}
 
 
   [[Category:2013 TSC Minutes|Agenda Template]]
 
   [[Category:2013 TSC Minutes|Agenda Template]]
  
Line 9: Line 8:
 
| width="0%" colspan="2" align="left" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|'''HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes''' <br/>
 
| width="0%" colspan="2" align="left" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|'''HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes''' <br/>
 
'''Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#'''<br/> GoToMeeting ID: [https://www.gotomeeting.com/join/273848837 273-848-837 ]
 
'''Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#'''<br/> GoToMeeting ID: [https://www.gotomeeting.com/join/273848837 273-848-837 ]
| width="0%" colspan="1" align="left" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|'''Date: 2013-MM-DD '''<br/> '''Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern'''
+
| width="0%" colspan="1" align="left" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|'''Date: 2013-10-21'''<br/> '''Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern'''
 
|-
 
|-
 
| width="0%" colspan="2" align="right"|'''Facilitator''': Austin Kreisler
 
| width="0%" colspan="2" align="right"|'''Facilitator''': Austin Kreisler
Line 17: Line 16:
 
{|border="1" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0"  
 
{|border="1" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0"  
 
|colspan="4" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"| Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented
 
|colspan="4" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"| Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"| '''yes/no'''
+
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"| '''yes'''
 
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|
 
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|
 
|-
 
|-
 
|colspan="2"|Chair/CTO ||colspan="2"|ArB ||colspan="2"|International Affiliate Rep ||colspan="2"|Ad-Hoc
 
|colspan="2"|Chair/CTO ||colspan="2"|ArB ||colspan="2"|International Affiliate Rep ||colspan="2"|Ad-Hoc
 
|-
 
|-
|.||Austin Kreisler||.||Tony Julian||.|| Jean Duteau||.||Ken McCaslin
+
|x||Austin Kreisler||x||Tony Julian||x|| Jean Duteau||x||Ken McCaslin
 
|-
 
|-
|.||John Quinn ||.||Lorraine Constable||.|| ||.||Giorgio Cangioli
+
|regrets||John Quinn ||x||Lorraine Constable||.|| ||x||Giorgio Cangioli
  
 
|-
 
|-
Line 33: Line 32:
  
 
|-
 
|-
|.||Melva Peters||regrets||Woody Beeler||.||Calvin Beebe||.||Freida Hall
+
|x||Melva Peters||regrets||Woody Beeler||.||Calvin Beebe||x||Freida Hall
 
|-
 
|-
|.||Mead Walker||.||Tony Julian||.||Pat van Dyke||.||Andy Stechishin
+
|.||Mead Walker||x||Tony Julian||x||Pat van Dyke||x||Andy Stechishin
 
|-
 
|-
 
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|''ex officio''
 
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|''ex officio''
Line 42: Line 41:
 
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|HL7 Staff
 
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|HL7 Staff
 
|-
 
|-
|.||Don Mon (HL7 Chair) w/vote||.||John Roberts ||.||''obs1''||.||Lynn Laakso
+
|.||Don Mon (HL7 Chair) w/vote||x||John Roberts ||x||Brian Pech||x||Lynn Laakso
 
|-
 
|-
 
|.||Bob Dolin (Vice Chair) <s>vote</s>||.||.||.||''obs2''||.||
 
|.||Bob Dolin (Vice Chair) <s>vote</s>||.||.||.||''obs2''||.||
Line 65: Line 64:
 
<!--  Discussion  -->
 
<!--  Discussion  -->
 
#Discussion topics:  
 
#Discussion topics:  
 +
#*GS1 identifiers and cross-product family pattern harmonization
 +
#*Mission and Charter template reference to SAIF CD and IG
 +
#*FHIR Governance (Parker)
 +
 
====Management====
 
====Management====
 
#Review [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemBrowse&tracker_id=494 action items] –
 
#Review [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemBrowse&tracker_id=494 action items] –
Line 74: Line 77:
 
<!--    Management      -->
 
<!--    Management      -->
 
<!--    Approvals  -->
 
<!--    Approvals  -->
#Approval needed today for 30-day announcement prep:  [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2775/11084/rimbaa_november2013_out%20of%20cycle%20mtg.doc OOC Meeting Request] for for RIMBAA/AID (Application Integration and Development, name change pending) for 2013 November 28 in Amsterdam NL - see [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2775 TSC Tracker 2775].
+
#Approval needed today for 30-day announcement prep:   
 +
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2775/11084/rimbaa_november2013_out%20of%20cycle%20mtg.doc OOC Meeting Request] for for RIMBAA/AID (Application Integration and Development, name change pending) for 2013 November 28 in Amsterdam NL - see [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2775 TSC Tracker 2775].
 +
<!-- this week e-vote-->
 
#Approvals for e-vote this coming week:
 
#Approvals for e-vote this coming week:
 
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2773/11080/%41%4e%53%49%5f%70%72%6f%70%6f%73%61%6c%5f%77%69%74%68%64%72%61%77%61%6c%20%2d%20%53%75%62%73%74%61%6e%63%65%20%2d%20%32%30%31%33%31%30%31%30%2e%64%6f%63 Withdrawal request] for ''HL7 Version 3 Standard: Orders; Substances CMETs, Release 10'' by OO of SSD SD, cosponsored by Pharmacy, RCRIM and PHER of DESD at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=626 Project Insight # 626] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2773 TSC Tracker 2773].
 
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2773/11080/%41%4e%53%49%5f%70%72%6f%70%6f%73%61%6c%5f%77%69%74%68%64%72%61%77%61%6c%20%2d%20%53%75%62%73%74%61%6e%63%65%20%2d%20%32%30%31%33%31%30%31%30%2e%64%6f%63 Withdrawal request] for ''HL7 Version 3 Standard: Orders; Substances CMETs, Release 10'' by OO of SSD SD, cosponsored by Pharmacy, RCRIM and PHER of DESD at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=626 Project Insight # 626] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2773 TSC Tracker 2773].
#Approvals by e-vote from this past week:  
+
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2776/11095/HL7_PSS_Additional_Attachment_Templates_IGv1.4.docx Project Scope Statement] for ''HL7 Implementation Guide for CDA R2 -- Supplement to the Consolidated CDA R2 for Additional Attachment Templates, Release 1'' by Attachments WG of DESD cosponsored by Structured Documents of SSD SD, at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=1048 Project Insight # 1048] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2776 TSC Tracker 2776].
 +
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2777/11096/DEEDSPublication_Request20130924.docx Informative Publication request] for ''HL7 Version 3 Specification: Data Elements for Emergency Department Systems (DEEDS), Release 1 - US Realm'' by EC of DESD at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=820 Project Insight # 820] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2777 TSC Tracker 2777].
 +
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2778/11097/%45%78%70%72%65%73%73%69%6f%6e%5f%4c%6f%67%69%63%5f%48%61%72%6d%6f%6e%69%7a%61%74%69%6f%6e%5f%50%53%53%5f%32%30%31%33%31%30%31%38%62%2e%64%6f%63 Project approval request] for ''Harmonization of Health Quality Artifact Reasoning and Expression Logic'' for CDS of SSD SD cosponsored by CQI and SDWG at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=1049 Project Insight # 1049] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2778 TSC Tracker 2778].
 +
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2779/11098/%76%4d%52%2d%43%44%53%5f%4c%6f%67%69%63%61%6c%5f%4d%6f%64%65%6c%5f%52%65%6c%65%61%73%65%32%44%53%54%55%5f%50%53%53%76%32%30%31%33%2d%31%30%2d%31%38%2e%64%6f%63 Project approval request] for ''Virtual Medical Record for Clinical Decision Support (vMR-CDS) Logical Model, Release 2 DSTU'', for CDS of SSD SD and cosponsored by ArB at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=1017 Project Insight # 1017] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2779 TSC Tracker 2779].
 +
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2780/11099/%76%4d%52%2d%43%44%53%5f%54%65%6d%70%6c%61%74%65%73%5f%52%65%6c%65%61%73%65%31%44%53%54%55%5f%50%53%53%5f%76%32%30%31%33%2d%31%30%2d%31%38%2e%64%6f%63 Project approval request] for ''Virtual Medical Record for Clinical Decision Support (vMR-CDS) Templates, Release 1 DSTU for CDS of SSD SD cosponsored by Templates at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=1030 Project Insight # 1030] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2780 TSC Tracker 2780].
 +
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2781/11106/%48%4c%37%5f%50%75%62%6c%69%63%61%74%69%6f%6e%5f%52%65%71%75%65%73%74%5f%43%44%41%52%32%5f%49%47%5f%43%4c%4f%4e%44%41%54%41%5f%32%30%31%33%4f%43%54%2e%64%6f%63%78 DSTU Publication request] for ''HL7 Implementation Guide for CDA, Release 2: Clinical Oncology Treatment Plan and Summary, DSTU Release '' for SDWG of SSD SD at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=921 Project Insight # 921] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2781 TSC Tracker 2781].
 +
#Approvals by e-vote from this past week 5/0/0 with Ad-Hoc,ArB, Affiliate, FTSD and T3SD voting:  
 +
<!-- last week e-vote-->
 
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2766/11057/HL7%20Project%20Scope%20Statement%20Security%20Labeling%20Service.doc Project Scope Statement] for ''Security Labeling Service'' for Security WG of FTSD cosponsored by SOA WG at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=1046 Project Insight # 1046] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2766 TSC Tracker 2766].
 
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2766/11057/HL7%20Project%20Scope%20Statement%20Security%20Labeling%20Service.doc Project Scope Statement] for ''Security Labeling Service'' for Security WG of FTSD cosponsored by SOA WG at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=1046 Project Insight # 1046] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2766 TSC Tracker 2766].
 
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2768/11059/HL7%20Project%20Scope%20Statement%20v2013.1_RCnL%20R3.doc Project Scope Statement] for ''Refinement, Constraint, Localization Release 3'' for CGIT WG of FTSD cosponsored by MnM and Vocabulary WG at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=907 Project Insight # 907] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2768 TSC Tracker 2768].
 
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2768/11059/HL7%20Project%20Scope%20Statement%20v2013.1_RCnL%20R3.doc Project Scope Statement] for ''Refinement, Constraint, Localization Release 3'' for CGIT WG of FTSD cosponsored by MnM and Vocabulary WG at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=907 Project Insight # 907] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2768 TSC Tracker 2768].
Line 85: Line 97:
 
<!--  Discussion  -->
 
<!--  Discussion  -->
 
#Discussion topics:  
 
#Discussion topics:  
 +
#*Ballot site link for FHIR DSTU material incorrect
 
#Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
 
#Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
 
#*ArB BAM-lite progress and BAM task force (first draft BAM-lite due Oct 22)
 
#*ArB BAM-lite progress and BAM task force (first draft BAM-lite due Oct 22)
Line 97: Line 110:
 
===Minutes===
 
===Minutes===
 
'''Minutes/Conclusions Reached:'''<br/>
 
'''Minutes/Conclusions Reached:'''<br/>
 +
Convened at 11:01 AM
 +
#Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests) - Brian is observing.
 +
#Agenda review and approval - Austin Kreisler - approved by general consent
 +
#Approve Minutes of [[2013-10-14 TSC Call Agenda]]  Giorgio abstains, approved 5/0/1
 +
====Governance====
 +
<!--  Governance      -->
 +
<!--  Discussion  -->
 +
#Discussion topics:
 +
#*GS1 identifiers and cross-product family pattern harmonization
 +
#**Couple projects in the works for handling GS1 identifiers, InM for GSRN expanded to include all product families, but OO for UDI is scoped to V2. Need to address at least conceptually how GS1 identifiers are used across all product families.
 +
#**One way forward with conceptual modeling is to put forward a conceptual approach as pattern for pattern harmonization as described by MnM but only been exercised once.
 +
#**Tony agrees.
 +
#**What direction do we give - tell 2.x Publishing their publication material must adhere to the pattern harmonization, or tell SDWG they must adhere to pattern harmonization. How do we give harmonization some "teeth". Lorraine adds we need to educate WGs on using the harmonization proposal template, and provide support. Perhaps an FTSD action item?
 +
#**Austin discussed with Tony on followup last week: the contacts were out of office. Freida would like to invite project representatives to a TSC call.
 +
#**Pat asks if EHR should reach out to OO to get involved? Austin would like to see a SD coordination of one lead device project - which might currently be OO. Austin asks all SD reps to communicate to their SDs the plan to coordinate a solution. Austin will join OO to discuss their potential leadership on this.
 +
#*Mission and Charter template reference to SAIF CD and IG
 +
#**Current template has language about referring to SAIF CD and SAIF IG. Seems less likely we will have one anytime soon. Lorraine suggests a revision to strike and the restrictions and specializations of
the HL7 SAIF Implementation Guide (IG). Ken suggests we review and identify if further wordsmithing is needed by ArB next week. Melva requests that we allow WGs to make updates without SD review as we had received pushback on the required update initially. Submit any other proposed revisions to ArB and we'll review again next week.
 +
#*FHIR Governance (Parker)- roll to next week or until Ron joins.
 +
====Management====
 +
#Review [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemBrowse&tracker_id=494 action items] –
 +
#*Austin will contact sponsor WG chairs and project facilitators to consider the broader context within HL7 and coordination with UDI from OO. See action item above.
 +
#*Woody will suggest the amended FGB M&C be brought along with recommendations for the new positions. Woody has offered regrets. FGB started discussion last week and will resume tomorrow.
 +
#*Lynn or Dave will get an initial list of projects >5 years old for consideration. See [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/frsrelease/1049/11066/%50%72%6f%6a%65%63%74%52%65%70%6f%72%74%5f%32%30%31%33%31%30%31%30%63%2e%78%6c%73 projects > 5 years old]
 +
#**Projects on hold may have been balloted and would have ballot records that are hanging out there.
 +
#**How does the TSC wish to manage these, as a group? Should the WG re-submit their PSS and update their scope? These should go back to the WGs to review and if they intend to become active they will need to submit an updated scope (even a positive assertion they intend to continue and give an updated milestone schedule) to the project. We will give them until the next WGM to update. If there's not a scope change but timeline update they can send it straight to the TSC, otherwise it needs SD review. '''Motion: ''' Ken moves and Pat seconds that we ask the WGs to evaluate the PSS for appropriate, update these projects and submit to SD and TSC, update Dave Hamill with changes, by the next WGM, or they will be invited to explain their status to the TSC on the WGM Wednesday lunch. If they assert the project scope is accurate the SDs will challenge them appropriately before they can submit to the TSC.  '''Vote:''' Unanimously approved.
 +
#*Andy, with Freida, Ken McCaslin, and John Roberts will work on IG definition and conformance and inviting Rob [Snelick](from [[2013-09-21_TSC_WGM_Agenda]]) - this would have come in handy last week regarding the LOINC ontology IG, but is still outstanding.  Example discussed constraint of LOINC as compared to a constraint of an HL7 standard. Rob is back from furlough and hopefully will be available. John notes that the two constraints projects on OASIS they are working on only one of them is on the HL7 standard. Andy will try to set up a meeting during the week of November 4th. EHR behavior is another area that how an IG should define. How will NIST test conformance to a IG with the usability guide.
 +
#*Calvin and Lorraine, aided by Jean will work on DAM desirable consistency value proposition, and conformance definition. They may wish to ask for aid by AMS. Lorraine is working to coordinate a time to discuss. She will also be at IHIC next week so will aim for the following week.
 +
<!--    Management      -->
 +
<!--    Approvals  -->
 +
#Approval needed today for 30-day announcement prep: 
 +
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2775/11084/rimbaa_november2013_out%20of%20cycle%20mtg.doc OOC Meeting Request] for for RIMBAA/AID (Application Integration and Development, name change pending) for 2013 November 28 in Amsterdam NL - see [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2775 TSC Tracker 2775]. Name change is coming to FTSD with M&C change tomorrow.  Motion by Andy seconded by Ken with update to email address for Ewout. Unanimously approved. They look to participate with the User Groups and also seek to participate in events next year at Mohawk College and another in NL. If participation in User Groups becomes a member benefit the impact on RIMBAA will need evaluation.
 +
<!-- this week e-vote-->
 +
#Approvals for e-vote this coming week:
 +
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2773/11080/%41%4e%53%49%5f%70%72%6f%70%6f%73%61%6c%5f%77%69%74%68%64%72%61%77%61%6c%20%2d%20%53%75%62%73%74%61%6e%63%65%20%2d%20%32%30%31%33%31%30%31%30%2e%64%6f%63 Withdrawal request] for ''HL7 Version 3 Standard: Orders; Substances CMETs, Release 10'' by OO of SSD SD, cosponsored by Pharmacy, RCRIM and PHER of DESD at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=626 Project Insight # 626] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2773 TSC Tracker 2773].
 +
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2776/11095/HL7_PSS_Additional_Attachment_Templates_IGv1.4.docx Project Scope Statement] for ''HL7 Implementation Guide for CDA R2 -- Supplement to the Consolidated CDA R2 for Additional Attachment Templates, Release 1'' by Attachments WG of DESD cosponsored by Structured Documents of SSD SD, at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=1048 Project Insight # 1048] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2776 TSC Tracker 2776]. ''Sniff test pending by US Realm Task Force in parallel with e-vote.''
 +
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2777/11096/DEEDSPublication_Request20130924.docx Informative Publication request] for ''HL7 Version 3 Specification: Data Elements for Emergency Department Systems (DEEDS), Release 1 - US Realm'' by EC of DESD at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=820 Project Insight # 820] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2777 TSC Tracker 2777].
 +
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2778/11097/%45%78%70%72%65%73%73%69%6f%6e%5f%4c%6f%67%69%63%5f%48%61%72%6d%6f%6e%69%7a%61%74%69%6f%6e%5f%50%53%53%5f%32%30%31%33%31%30%31%38%62%2e%64%6f%63 Project approval request] for ''Harmonization of Health Quality Artifact Reasoning and Expression Logic'' for CDS of SSD SD cosponsored by CQI and SDWG at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=1049 Project Insight # 1049] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2778 TSC Tracker 2778]. ''Scope curtailed to conceptual level by US Realm TF recommendation''
 +
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2779/11098/%76%4d%52%2d%43%44%53%5f%4c%6f%67%69%63%61%6c%5f%4d%6f%64%65%6c%5f%52%65%6c%65%61%73%65%32%44%53%54%55%5f%50%53%53%76%32%30%31%33%2d%31%30%2d%31%38%2e%64%6f%63 Project approval request] for ''Virtual Medical Record for Clinical Decision Support (vMR-CDS) Logical Model, Release 2 DSTU'', for CDS of SSD SD and cosponsored by ArB at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=1017 Project Insight # 1017] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2779 TSC Tracker 2779]. ''US Realm TF has reviewed''
 +
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2780/11099/%76%4d%52%2d%43%44%53%5f%54%65%6d%70%6c%61%74%65%73%5f%52%65%6c%65%61%73%65%31%44%53%54%55%5f%50%53%53%5f%76%32%30%31%33%2d%31%30%2d%31%38%2e%64%6f%63 Project approval request] for ''Virtual Medical Record for Clinical Decision Support (vMR-CDS) Templates, Release 1 DSTU for CDS of SSD SD cosponsored by Templates at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=1030 Project Insight # 1030] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2780 TSC Tracker 2780]. ''US Realm TF has reviewed''
 +
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2781/11106/%48%4c%37%5f%50%75%62%6c%69%63%61%74%69%6f%6e%5f%52%65%71%75%65%73%74%5f%43%44%41%52%32%5f%49%47%5f%43%4c%4f%4e%44%41%54%41%5f%32%30%31%33%4f%43%54%2e%64%6f%63%78 DSTU Publication request] for ''HL7 Implementation Guide for CDA, Release 2: Clinical Oncology Treatment Plan and Summary, DSTU Release '' for SDWG of SSD SD at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=921 Project Insight # 921] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2781 TSC Tracker 2781].
 +
#Approvals by e-vote from this past week 5/0/0 with Ad-Hoc,ArB, Affiliate, FTSD and T3SD voting:
 +
<!-- last week e-vote-->
 +
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2766/11057/HL7%20Project%20Scope%20Statement%20Security%20Labeling%20Service.doc Project Scope Statement] for ''Security Labeling Service'' for Security WG of FTSD cosponsored by SOA WG at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=1046 Project Insight # 1046] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2766 TSC Tracker 2766].
 +
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2768/11059/HL7%20Project%20Scope%20Statement%20v2013.1_RCnL%20R3.doc Project Scope Statement] for ''Refinement, Constraint, Localization Release 3'' for CGIT WG of FTSD cosponsored by MnM and Vocabulary WG at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=907 Project Insight # 907] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2768 TSC Tracker 2768].
 +
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2769/11060/HL7%20Project%20Scope%20Statement%20Templates%20DSTU%20R2%20incl%20ITS%20v3.doc Project Scope Statement] for ''Templates DSTU Release 2'' for CGIT WG of FTSD cosponsored by MnM and Vocabulary WG at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=1043 Project Insight # 1043] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2769 TSC Tracker 2769].
 +
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2770/11061/Value%20set%20definition%20model%20HL7%20PSS%20Sept%202013.doc Project Scope Statement] for ''Characteristics of a formal “Value Set Definition” '' for Vocab WG of FTSD cosponsored by MnM WG at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=1047 Project Insight # 1047] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2770 TSC Tracker 2770].
 +
<!--  Management      -->
 +
<!--  Discussion  -->
 +
#Discussion topics:
 +
#*Ballot site link for FHIR DSTU material incorrect
 +
#**link points to current FHIR content and not the ballot content. Andy notes that Publishing has not been directly involved in publishing FHIR spec. He notes FMG has been entertaining support of Publishing and Tooling and ES of the FHIR efforts. ES meets today at 4pm. Lorraine notes that Brian, Paul and she took action items to coordinate actions with FMG. Austin requests that this be resolved, so that the link from the ballot site points to the ballot material. Brian adds that Grahame sent an email to the FHIR list with three sites, static site of DSTU, ongoing site and a cutting edge site.
 +
#Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
 +
#*ArB BAM-lite progress and BAM task force) Lorraine reports individual chunk deadlines are tomorrow and will be assembled.
 +
#*FGB/FMG updates - no updates.
 +
#*TRAC meeting again this Wednesday morning.
 +
#*US Realm Task Force - see updates on projects in e-vote, meeting again this week and considering the sniff test for the CDA IG and other items surfacing since the government has re-started.
 +
 +
Adjourned 11:59 AM.
  
  
'''''Please don't forget to hang up from the conference call '' (VOIP users)'''
 
 
===Next Steps===
 
===Next Steps===
 
{|border="1" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0"  
 
{|border="1" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0"  

Latest revision as of 15:21, 30 October 2013

TSC Agenda/Minutes

Meeting Info/Attendees

HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
GoToMeeting ID: 273-848-837

Date: 2013-10-21
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Austin Kreisler Note taker(s): Lynn Laakso
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented yes
Chair/CTO ArB International Affiliate Rep Ad-Hoc
x Austin Kreisler x Tony Julian x Jean Duteau x Ken McCaslin
regrets John Quinn x Lorraine Constable . x Giorgio Cangioli
Domain Experts Foundation and Technology Structure and Semantic Design Technical and Support Services
x Melva Peters regrets Woody Beeler . Calvin Beebe x Freida Hall
. Mead Walker x Tony Julian x Pat van Dyke x Andy Stechishin
ex officio Invited Guests Observers HL7 Staff
. Don Mon (HL7 Chair) w/vote x John Roberts x Brian Pech x Lynn Laakso
. Bob Dolin (Vice Chair) vote . . . obs2 .
. Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote . . . .

Agenda

Housekeeping

  1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
  2. Agenda review and approval - Austin Kreisler
  3. Approve Minutes of 2013-10-14 TSC Call Agenda

Governance

  1. Approval items:
  2. Discussion topics:
    • GS1 identifiers and cross-product family pattern harmonization
    • Mission and Charter template reference to SAIF CD and IG
    • FHIR Governance (Parker)

Management

  1. Review action items
    • Austin will contact sponsor WG chairs and project facilitators to consider the broader context within HL7 and coordination with UDI from OO.
    • Woody will suggest the amended FGB M&C be brought along with recommendations for the new positions.
    • Lynn or Dave will get an initial list of projects >5 years old for consideration. See projects > 5 years old
    • Andy, with Freida, Ken McCaslin, and John Roberts will work on IG definition and conformance and inviting Rob (from 2013-09-21_TSC_WGM_Agenda)
    • Calvin and Lorraine, aided by Jean will work on DAM desirable consistency value proposition, and conformance definition. They may wish to ask for aid by AMS.
  2. Approval needed today for 30-day announcement prep:
  3. Approvals for e-vote this coming week:
  4. Approvals by e-vote from this past week 5/0/0 with Ad-Hoc,ArB, Affiliate, FTSD and T3SD voting:
  5. Discussion topics:
    • Ballot site link for FHIR DSTU material incorrect
  6. Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
    • ArB BAM-lite progress and BAM task force (first draft BAM-lite due Oct 22)
    • FGB/FMG updates?
    • TRAC
    • US Realm Task Force
  7. Open Issues List


Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:
Convened at 11:01 AM

  1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests) - Brian is observing.
  2. Agenda review and approval - Austin Kreisler - approved by general consent
  3. Approve Minutes of 2013-10-14 TSC Call Agenda Giorgio abstains, approved 5/0/1

Governance

  1. Discussion topics:
    • GS1 identifiers and cross-product family pattern harmonization
      • Couple projects in the works for handling GS1 identifiers, InM for GSRN expanded to include all product families, but OO for UDI is scoped to V2. Need to address at least conceptually how GS1 identifiers are used across all product families.
      • One way forward with conceptual modeling is to put forward a conceptual approach as pattern for pattern harmonization as described by MnM but only been exercised once.
      • Tony agrees.
      • What direction do we give - tell 2.x Publishing their publication material must adhere to the pattern harmonization, or tell SDWG they must adhere to pattern harmonization. How do we give harmonization some "teeth". Lorraine adds we need to educate WGs on using the harmonization proposal template, and provide support. Perhaps an FTSD action item?
      • Austin discussed with Tony on followup last week: the contacts were out of office. Freida would like to invite project representatives to a TSC call.
      • Pat asks if EHR should reach out to OO to get involved? Austin would like to see a SD coordination of one lead device project - which might currently be OO. Austin asks all SD reps to communicate to their SDs the plan to coordinate a solution. Austin will join OO to discuss their potential leadership on this.
    • Mission and Charter template reference to SAIF CD and IG
      • Current template has language about referring to SAIF CD and SAIF IG. Seems less likely we will have one anytime soon. Lorraine suggests a revision to strike and the restrictions and specializations of
the HL7 SAIF Implementation Guide (IG). Ken suggests we review and identify if further wordsmithing is needed by ArB next week. Melva requests that we allow WGs to make updates without SD review as we had received pushback on the required update initially. Submit any other proposed revisions to ArB and we'll review again next week.
    • FHIR Governance (Parker)- roll to next week or until Ron joins.

Management

  1. Review action items
    • Austin will contact sponsor WG chairs and project facilitators to consider the broader context within HL7 and coordination with UDI from OO. See action item above.
    • Woody will suggest the amended FGB M&C be brought along with recommendations for the new positions. Woody has offered regrets. FGB started discussion last week and will resume tomorrow.
    • Lynn or Dave will get an initial list of projects >5 years old for consideration. See projects > 5 years old
      • Projects on hold may have been balloted and would have ballot records that are hanging out there.
      • How does the TSC wish to manage these, as a group? Should the WG re-submit their PSS and update their scope? These should go back to the WGs to review and if they intend to become active they will need to submit an updated scope (even a positive assertion they intend to continue and give an updated milestone schedule) to the project. We will give them until the next WGM to update. If there's not a scope change but timeline update they can send it straight to the TSC, otherwise it needs SD review. Motion: Ken moves and Pat seconds that we ask the WGs to evaluate the PSS for appropriate, update these projects and submit to SD and TSC, update Dave Hamill with changes, by the next WGM, or they will be invited to explain their status to the TSC on the WGM Wednesday lunch. If they assert the project scope is accurate the SDs will challenge them appropriately before they can submit to the TSC. Vote: Unanimously approved.
    • Andy, with Freida, Ken McCaslin, and John Roberts will work on IG definition and conformance and inviting Rob [Snelick](from 2013-09-21_TSC_WGM_Agenda) - this would have come in handy last week regarding the LOINC ontology IG, but is still outstanding. Example discussed constraint of LOINC as compared to a constraint of an HL7 standard. Rob is back from furlough and hopefully will be available. John notes that the two constraints projects on OASIS they are working on only one of them is on the HL7 standard. Andy will try to set up a meeting during the week of November 4th. EHR behavior is another area that how an IG should define. How will NIST test conformance to a IG with the usability guide.
    • Calvin and Lorraine, aided by Jean will work on DAM desirable consistency value proposition, and conformance definition. They may wish to ask for aid by AMS. Lorraine is working to coordinate a time to discuss. She will also be at IHIC next week so will aim for the following week.
  2. Approval needed today for 30-day announcement prep:
    • OOC Meeting Request for for RIMBAA/AID (Application Integration and Development, name change pending) for 2013 November 28 in Amsterdam NL - see TSC Tracker 2775. Name change is coming to FTSD with M&C change tomorrow. Motion by Andy seconded by Ken with update to email address for Ewout. Unanimously approved. They look to participate with the User Groups and also seek to participate in events next year at Mohawk College and another in NL. If participation in User Groups becomes a member benefit the impact on RIMBAA will need evaluation.
  3. Approvals for e-vote this coming week:
  4. Approvals by e-vote from this past week 5/0/0 with Ad-Hoc,ArB, Affiliate, FTSD and T3SD voting:
  5. Discussion topics:
    • Ballot site link for FHIR DSTU material incorrect
      • link points to current FHIR content and not the ballot content. Andy notes that Publishing has not been directly involved in publishing FHIR spec. He notes FMG has been entertaining support of Publishing and Tooling and ES of the FHIR efforts. ES meets today at 4pm. Lorraine notes that Brian, Paul and she took action items to coordinate actions with FMG. Austin requests that this be resolved, so that the link from the ballot site points to the ballot material. Brian adds that Grahame sent an email to the FHIR list with three sites, static site of DSTU, ongoing site and a cutting edge site.
  6. Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
    • ArB BAM-lite progress and BAM task force) Lorraine reports individual chunk deadlines are tomorrow and will be assembled.
    • FGB/FMG updates - no updates.
    • TRAC meeting again this Wednesday morning.
    • US Realm Task Force - see updates on projects in e-vote, meeting again this week and considering the sniff test for the CDA IG and other items surfacing since the government has re-started.

Adjourned 11:59 AM.


Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


© 2013 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.