Difference between revisions of "2013-10-14 TSC Call Minutes"

From HL7 TSC
Jump to navigation Jump to search
 
(8 intermediate revisions by the same user not shown)
Line 3: Line 3:
  
 
===Meeting Info/Attendees===
 
===Meeting Info/Attendees===
{{:TSC Meetings}}
+
[[Category:2013 TSC Minutes|Agenda Template]]
  [[Category:2013 TSC Minutes|Agenda Template]]
 
  
 
{|border="1" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0"  
 
{|border="1" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0"  
Line 22: Line 21:
 
|colspan="2"|Chair/CTO ||colspan="2"|ArB ||colspan="2"|International Affiliate Rep ||colspan="2"|Ad-Hoc
 
|colspan="2"|Chair/CTO ||colspan="2"|ArB ||colspan="2"|International Affiliate Rep ||colspan="2"|Ad-Hoc
 
|-
 
|-
|.||Austin Kreisler||.||Ron Parker||.|| Jean Duteau||.||Ken McCaslin
+
|x||Austin Kreisler||regrets||Tony Julian||.|| Jean Duteau||x||Ken McCaslin
 
|-
 
|-
|.||John Quinn ||.||Lorraine Constable||.|| ||.||Giorgio Cangioli
+
|x||John Quinn ||x||Lorraine Constable||.|| ||regrets||Giorgio Cangioli
  
 
|-
 
|-
Line 33: Line 32:
  
 
|-
 
|-
|.||Melva Peters||.||Woody Beeler||.||Calvin Beebe||.||Freida Hall
+
|x||Melva Peters||x||Woody Beeler||x||Calvin Beebe||x||Freida Hall
 
|-
 
|-
|.||Mead Walker||.||Tony Julian||.||Pat van Dyke||.||Andy Stechishin
+
|x||Mead Walker||regrets||Tony Julian||.||Pat van Dyke||x||Andy Stechishin
 
|-
 
|-
 
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|''ex officio''
 
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|''ex officio''
Line 42: Line 41:
 
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|HL7 Staff
 
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|HL7 Staff
 
|-
 
|-
|.||Don Mon (HL7 Chair) w/vote||.||John Roberts ||.||''obs1''||.||Lynn Laakso
+
|.||Don Mon (HL7 Chair) w/vote||x||John Roberts ||briefly||Kathleen Connor||x||Lynn Laakso
 
|-
 
|-
 
|.||Bob Dolin (Vice Chair) <s>vote</s>||.||.||.||''obs2''||.||
 
|.||Bob Dolin (Vice Chair) <s>vote</s>||.||.||.||''obs2''||.||
Line 57: Line 56:
 
#Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
 
#Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
 
#Agenda review and approval - Austin Kreisler
 
#Agenda review and approval - Austin Kreisler
#Approve Minutes of [[2013-09-16 TSC Call Agenda]]
+
#Approve Minutes of
 +
#*[[2013-09-16 TSC Call Agenda]]
 
#*[[2013-10-07 TSC Call Agenda]]
 
#*[[2013-10-07 TSC Call Agenda]]
 
#*[http://wiki.hl7.org/index.php?title=20130925_SAIF_AP_Meeting 2013-09-25 SAIF AP Mtg] at 2013SepWGM Weds Q4  
 
#*[http://wiki.hl7.org/index.php?title=20130925_SAIF_AP_Meeting 2013-09-25 SAIF AP Mtg] at 2013SepWGM Weds Q4  
Line 70: Line 70:
 
#Discussion topics:  
 
#Discussion topics:  
 
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2767/11058/HL7-PSS%20GSRN%20Implementation%20Guidance%20for%20HL7V2.doc Project Scope Statement] for '' GSRN Implementation Guidance for HL7V2'' for InM WG of FTSD cosponsored by PA WG of SSD SD and Vocab of FTSD at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=979 Project Insight #979] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2767 TSC Tracker 2767]. What are the cross-paradigm plans?
 
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2767/11058/HL7-PSS%20GSRN%20Implementation%20Guidance%20for%20HL7V2.doc Project Scope Statement] for '' GSRN Implementation Guidance for HL7V2'' for InM WG of FTSD cosponsored by PA WG of SSD SD and Vocab of FTSD at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=979 Project Insight #979] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2767 TSC Tracker 2767]. What are the cross-paradigm plans?
 +
#*FGB composition: challenge with getting quorum, needing one or two more members
 
====Management====
 
====Management====
 
#Review [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemBrowse&tracker_id=494 action items] –
 
#Review [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemBrowse&tracker_id=494 action items] –
Line 76: Line 77:
 
<!--    Management      -->
 
<!--    Management      -->
 
<!--    Approvals  -->
 
<!--    Approvals  -->
#Approval from e-vote last week:  
+
#Approval from e-vote last week: 7/0/0 with  2 Ad hoc, Affiliate, DESD FTSD, SSD SD and T3SD voting...
 
#*Approval of [http://www.hl7.org/documentcenter/public/wg/desd/DESD%20M&C%20(20130923)%20-%20APPROVED.docx DESD Mission and Charter update] at [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2764&start=0 TSC Tracker 2764]
 
#*Approval of [http://www.hl7.org/documentcenter/public/wg/desd/DESD%20M&C%20(20130923)%20-%20APPROVED.docx DESD Mission and Charter update] at [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2764&start=0 TSC Tracker 2764]
 
#Approval requests for discussion:
 
#Approval requests for discussion:
Line 102: Line 103:
 
===Minutes===
 
===Minutes===
 
'''Minutes/Conclusions Reached:'''<br/>
 
'''Minutes/Conclusions Reached:'''<br/>
 +
#Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests) Kathleen on the phone briefly in the event questions arise on the Security Labeling Service project. John Roberts also present.
 +
#Agenda review and approval - Austin Kreisler - approved by general consent
 +
#Approve Minutes of
 +
#*[[2013-09-16 TSC Call Agenda]]
 +
#*[[2013-10-07 TSC Call Agenda]]
 +
#*[http://wiki.hl7.org/index.php?title=20130925_SAIF_AP_Meeting 2013-09-25 SAIF AP Mtg] at 2013SepWGM Weds Q4
 +
#*[[2013-09-25_TSC_WGM_Agenda]] - Wednesday Luncheon Meeting
 +
#*[[2013-09-23_TSC_WGM_Agenda]] - Monday Co-Chairs Meeting
 +
#*[[2013-09-22_TSC_WGM_Agenda]] - Sunday Evening Meeting
 +
#*[[2013-09-22_TSC_WGM_SDO_Activities_Agenda|2012-09-22 TSC Activities with Other SDOs]] Sunday Q4
 +
#*[[2013-09-21 TSC WGM Agenda]], Saturday Meeting
 +
#*Ken suggested on the 9/16 TSC Call the reference to Ken needs to clarify between McCaslin and Kawamoto. He then moves approval of all with Melva seconding. Unanimously approved.
 +
====Governance====
 +
<!--  Governance      -->
 +
<!--  Discussion  -->
 +
#Discussion topics:
 +
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2767/11058/HL7-PSS%20GSRN%20Implementation%20Guidance%20for%20HL7V2.doc Project Scope Statement] for '' GSRN Implementation Guidance for HL7V2'' for InM WG of FTSD cosponsored by PA WG of SSD SD and Vocab of FTSD at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=979 Project Insight #979] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2767 TSC Tracker 2767]. What are the cross-paradigm plans?
 +
#**Implementation of GS1 identifier for V2, also another project circulating for the FDA's UDI from OO for 2.x (also V3 noted Lorraine). Need to ensure requirements for FHIR as well. Need to avoid different representations of this external standard between product families. AP working with CLSI on specimen identifiers and these might also be harmonized.
 +
#*:Woody and Mead join
 +
#**No joint copyright material is indicated, but this may be candidate for JIC. If Christian brings it forward as a JIC project at the JIC meeting in Sydney in two weeks it may indeed, notes John. He will check with him.
 +
#**Woody notes different data type specifications between UDI as a nest of things, but the transmission format is not the issue. Austin notes it needs to be treated as an identifier in the same fashion in all three paradigms. The technical implementation will depend on the particular standard chosen to implement.
 +
#**Lorraine notes there is a level of granularity on each project for the conceptual level approach to the product families, and the next level of granularity with consistent approach to different GS1 identifiers.  There is cross-project dependency as well as individual scopes of the projects.
 +
#**Do we send out for TSC e-vote? ACTION ITEM: Austin will contact sponsor WG chairs and project facilitators to consider the broader context within HL7 and coordination with UDI from OO. Item Tabled to next week, but those at the Sydney ISO will not be on next week's call but can participate in e-vote. If substantial further discussion is needed then discuss in two weeks. Those at Sydney for IHIC will miss the week after.
 +
#*FGB composition: challenge with getting quorum, needing one or two more members
 +
#**FGB discussion last week focused on needing clinical representation
 +
#***Lorraine moves we add the two positions and have the FGB make the suggestion for the nominees. Lynn shows the relevant areas of the [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/fhir/scmsvn/?action=browse&path=%2F%2Acheckout%2A%2Ftrunk%2Fdocuments%2Fgovernance%2FFGB%2520Mission%2520and%2520Charter.doc&revision=379 FGB M&C] that need to be changed. Representation back from FMG to FGB for communication channels also recommended. Austin notes that the appointments are by recommendation of the CTO. Lorraine further notes that if FGB develops an amended version of their M&C then TSC can see the criteria for membership in approving additional positions. Woody finds this reasonable. Austin suggests the amended M&C be brought along with recommendations for the new positions. ACTION ITEM: Woody will bring this to the FGB
 +
====Management====
 +
#Review [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemBrowse&tracker_id=494 action items] –
 +
#*Andy, with Freida, Ken McCaslin, and John Roberts will work on IG definition and conformance and inviting Rob (from [[2013-09-21_TSC_WGM_Agenda]])
 +
#*Calvin and Lorraine, aided by Jean will work on DAM desirable consistency value proposition, and conformance definition. They may wish to ask for aid by AMS.
 +
<!--    Management      -->
 +
<!--    Approvals  -->
 +
#Approval from e-vote last week: 7/0/0 with 2 Ad hoc, Affiliate, DESD FTSD, SSD SD and T3SD voting...
 +
#*Approval of [http://www.hl7.org/documentcenter/public/wg/desd/DESD%20M&C%20(20130923)%20-%20APPROVED.docx DESD Mission and Charter update] at [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2764&start=0 TSC Tracker 2764]
 +
#Approval requests for discussion:
 +
#* notes that in addition to the projects there are a number for the US Realm task force
 +
#Approvals by e-vote for this coming week:
 +
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2766/11057/HL7%20Project%20Scope%20Statement%20Security%20Labeling%20Service.doc Project Scope Statement] for ''Security Labeling Service'' for Security WG of FTSD cosponsored by SOA WG at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=1046 Project Insight # 1046] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2766 TSC Tracker 2766].
 +
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2768/11059/HL7%20Project%20Scope%20Statement%20v2013.1_RCnL%20R3.doc Project Scope Statement] for ''Refinement, Constraint, Localization Release 3'' for CGIT WG of FTSD cosponsored by MnM and Vocabulary WG at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=907 Project Insight # 907] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2768 TSC Tracker 2768].
 +
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2769/11060/HL7%20Project%20Scope%20Statement%20Templates%20DSTU%20R2%20incl%20ITS%20v3.doc Project Scope Statement] for ''Templates DSTU Release 2'' for CGIT WG of FTSD cosponsored by MnM and Vocabulary WG at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=1043 Project Insight # 1043] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2769 TSC Tracker 2769].
 +
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2770/11061/Value%20set%20definition%20model%20HL7%20PSS%20Sept%202013.doc Project Scope Statement] for ''Characteristics of a formal “Value Set Definition” '' for Vocab WG of FTSD cosponsored by MnM WG at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=1047 Project Insight # 1047] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2770 TSC Tracker 2770].
 +
#*A number of other projects were forwarded to the US Realm Task Force from SSD SD for CDS. Questions raised on whether they needed to go to project approval with conflicting advice from staff and Austin. XML Implementation for vMR should probably belong to ITS as primary sponsor. They will be discussed on Wednesday's US Realm TF call. We will do the best we can without ONC's ability to participate.
 +
<!--  Management      -->
 +
<!--  Discussion  -->
 +
#Discussion topics:
 +
#*Review of '''ongoing''' projects; specificity of project scope vs ballot artifact; vitality triggers by time-based (aging) or event-based (NIB)
 +
#**While we can't do a thorough review of each project through the SDs on a regular basis, we should review older projects on the books >4-5 years. Should we ask PS to examine those projects and review with the WGs? Calvin suggests we create a process that a project >5 years must have its scope reviewed/renewed? What are the criteria for such a review? Lorraine compares Composite Order to the vMR umbrella project. Austin suggests we review at three years as is used for the three year plan. Calvin suggests we start with 5 years and then start tightening it up. ACTION ITEM: Lynn or Dave will get an initial list for consideration. It's a simple rule to have the projects reviewed after 5 years if we choose to adopt it.
 +
#Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
 +
#*ArB BAM-lite progress and BAM task force - Lorraine reports they met and assigned sections, first drafts due Oct 22nd and composite document anticipated at end of month.
 +
#*FGB/FMG updates? Already discussed FGB, and Ron will have some questions for next week's TSC discussion. Lorraine notes FMG is pushing forward quickly and domain WGs have to try to keep up. Working towards stability on reconciliation for code freeze for January connectathon. Woody notes that the methodology wiki progress is not proceeding as rapidly. Lorraine notes they discussed in the joint meeting producing companions for the governance documentation, to discuss the 'suits' perspective around FHIR. Lorraine further notes that Grahame will be joining ES next Monday to review publishing perspectives from FHIR. Melva notes that US Govt resource unavailability is a problem for pharmacy completing their reconciliation. May have to find comments that they don't understand to be 'not persuasive'.
 +
#*TRAC - no Pat today, but meeting this week.
 +
#*US Realm Task Force discussed above, meeting Weds evening. Lorraine notes that the sniff test process establishment for ArB will likely be requesting support from others to perform review as needed.
 +
#[http://www.hl7.org/Special/committees/tsc/projects.cfm TSC Project Review] (next milestone dates, etc) continued
 +
#*WGM Room assignment project now resuming with new HL7 staff member. (944) May or may not have something to review and beta-test at the January meeting. Lots of competition for the new person's time (Pete Swanson)
 +
#*Replicating issues with normative and informative using DSTU comments architecture have not yet been addressed with Pete.
 +
#*SAIF Pilot Coordination should be discussed noon tomorrow on SAIF AP call. Next milestone date is old, which is appropriate because it has not been updated.
  
 +
Adjourned 12:00 PM.
  
'''''Please don't forget to hang up from the conference call '' (VOIP users)'''
 
 
===Next Steps===
 
===Next Steps===
 
{|border="1" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0"  
 
{|border="1" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0"  
 
|-
 
|-
 
|colspan="4" |'''Actions''' ''(Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)''<br/>
 
|colspan="4" |'''Actions''' ''(Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)''<br/>
* .
+
* Austin will contact sponsor WG chairs and project facilitators to consider the broader context within HL7 and coordination with UDI from OO.
 +
*Woody will suggest the amended FGB M&C be brought along with recommendations for the new positions.
 +
* Lynn or Dave will get an initial list of projects >5 years old for consideration.
 
|-
 
|-
 
|colspan="4" |'''Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items'''<br/>
 
|colspan="4" |'''Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items'''<br/>

Latest revision as of 16:40, 21 October 2013

TSC Agenda/Minutes

Meeting Info/Attendees

HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
GoToMeeting ID: 273-848-837

Date: 2013-10-14
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Austin Kreisler Note taker(s): Lynn Laakso
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented yes/no
Chair/CTO ArB International Affiliate Rep Ad-Hoc
x Austin Kreisler regrets Tony Julian . Jean Duteau x Ken McCaslin
x John Quinn x Lorraine Constable . regrets Giorgio Cangioli
Domain Experts Foundation and Technology Structure and Semantic Design Technical and Support Services
x Melva Peters x Woody Beeler x Calvin Beebe x Freida Hall
x Mead Walker regrets Tony Julian . Pat van Dyke x Andy Stechishin
ex officio Invited Guests Observers HL7 Staff
. Don Mon (HL7 Chair) w/vote x John Roberts briefly Kathleen Connor x Lynn Laakso
. Bob Dolin (Vice Chair) vote . . . obs2 .
. Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote . . . .

Agenda

Housekeeping

  1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
  2. Agenda review and approval - Austin Kreisler
  3. Approve Minutes of

Governance

  1. Discussion topics:
    • Project Scope Statement for GSRN Implementation Guidance for HL7V2 for InM WG of FTSD cosponsored by PA WG of SSD SD and Vocab of FTSD at Project Insight #979 and TSC Tracker 2767. What are the cross-paradigm plans?
    • FGB composition: challenge with getting quorum, needing one or two more members

Management

  1. Review action items
    • Andy, with Freida, Ken McCaslin, and John Roberts will work on IG definition and conformance and inviting Rob (from 2013-09-21_TSC_WGM_Agenda)
    • Calvin and Lorraine, aided by Jean will work on DAM desirable consistency value proposition, and conformance definition. They may wish to ask for aid by AMS.
  2. Approval from e-vote last week: 7/0/0 with 2 Ad hoc, Affiliate, DESD FTSD, SSD SD and T3SD voting...
  3. Approval requests for discussion:
  4. Approvals by e-vote for this coming week:
  5. Discussion topics:
    • Review of ongoing projects; specificity of project scope vs ballot artifact; vitality triggers by time-based (aging) or event-based (NIB)
  6. Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
    • ArB BAM-lite progress and BAM task force
    • FGB/FMG updates?
    • TRAC
    • US Realm Task Force
  7. TSC Project Review (next milestone dates, etc) continued
  8. Open Issues List


Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:

  1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests) Kathleen on the phone briefly in the event questions arise on the Security Labeling Service project. John Roberts also present.
  2. Agenda review and approval - Austin Kreisler - approved by general consent
  3. Approve Minutes of

Governance

  1. Discussion topics:
    • Project Scope Statement for GSRN Implementation Guidance for HL7V2 for InM WG of FTSD cosponsored by PA WG of SSD SD and Vocab of FTSD at Project Insight #979 and TSC Tracker 2767. What are the cross-paradigm plans?
      • Implementation of GS1 identifier for V2, also another project circulating for the FDA's UDI from OO for 2.x (also V3 noted Lorraine). Need to ensure requirements for FHIR as well. Need to avoid different representations of this external standard between product families. AP working with CLSI on specimen identifiers and these might also be harmonized.
      Woody and Mead join
      • No joint copyright material is indicated, but this may be candidate for JIC. If Christian brings it forward as a JIC project at the JIC meeting in Sydney in two weeks it may indeed, notes John. He will check with him.
      • Woody notes different data type specifications between UDI as a nest of things, but the transmission format is not the issue. Austin notes it needs to be treated as an identifier in the same fashion in all three paradigms. The technical implementation will depend on the particular standard chosen to implement.
      • Lorraine notes there is a level of granularity on each project for the conceptual level approach to the product families, and the next level of granularity with consistent approach to different GS1 identifiers. There is cross-project dependency as well as individual scopes of the projects.
      • Do we send out for TSC e-vote? ACTION ITEM: Austin will contact sponsor WG chairs and project facilitators to consider the broader context within HL7 and coordination with UDI from OO. Item Tabled to next week, but those at the Sydney ISO will not be on next week's call but can participate in e-vote. If substantial further discussion is needed then discuss in two weeks. Those at Sydney for IHIC will miss the week after.
    • FGB composition: challenge with getting quorum, needing one or two more members
      • FGB discussion last week focused on needing clinical representation
        • Lorraine moves we add the two positions and have the FGB make the suggestion for the nominees. Lynn shows the relevant areas of the FGB M&C that need to be changed. Representation back from FMG to FGB for communication channels also recommended. Austin notes that the appointments are by recommendation of the CTO. Lorraine further notes that if FGB develops an amended version of their M&C then TSC can see the criteria for membership in approving additional positions. Woody finds this reasonable. Austin suggests the amended M&C be brought along with recommendations for the new positions. ACTION ITEM: Woody will bring this to the FGB

Management

  1. Review action items
    • Andy, with Freida, Ken McCaslin, and John Roberts will work on IG definition and conformance and inviting Rob (from 2013-09-21_TSC_WGM_Agenda)
    • Calvin and Lorraine, aided by Jean will work on DAM desirable consistency value proposition, and conformance definition. They may wish to ask for aid by AMS.
  2. Approval from e-vote last week: 7/0/0 with 2 Ad hoc, Affiliate, DESD FTSD, SSD SD and T3SD voting...
  3. Approval requests for discussion:
    • notes that in addition to the projects there are a number for the US Realm task force
  4. Approvals by e-vote for this coming week:
  5. Discussion topics:
    • Review of ongoing projects; specificity of project scope vs ballot artifact; vitality triggers by time-based (aging) or event-based (NIB)
      • While we can't do a thorough review of each project through the SDs on a regular basis, we should review older projects on the books >4-5 years. Should we ask PS to examine those projects and review with the WGs? Calvin suggests we create a process that a project >5 years must have its scope reviewed/renewed? What are the criteria for such a review? Lorraine compares Composite Order to the vMR umbrella project. Austin suggests we review at three years as is used for the three year plan. Calvin suggests we start with 5 years and then start tightening it up. ACTION ITEM: Lynn or Dave will get an initial list for consideration. It's a simple rule to have the projects reviewed after 5 years if we choose to adopt it.
  6. Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
    • ArB BAM-lite progress and BAM task force - Lorraine reports they met and assigned sections, first drafts due Oct 22nd and composite document anticipated at end of month.
    • FGB/FMG updates? Already discussed FGB, and Ron will have some questions for next week's TSC discussion. Lorraine notes FMG is pushing forward quickly and domain WGs have to try to keep up. Working towards stability on reconciliation for code freeze for January connectathon. Woody notes that the methodology wiki progress is not proceeding as rapidly. Lorraine notes they discussed in the joint meeting producing companions for the governance documentation, to discuss the 'suits' perspective around FHIR. Lorraine further notes that Grahame will be joining ES next Monday to review publishing perspectives from FHIR. Melva notes that US Govt resource unavailability is a problem for pharmacy completing their reconciliation. May have to find comments that they don't understand to be 'not persuasive'.
    • TRAC - no Pat today, but meeting this week.
    • US Realm Task Force discussed above, meeting Weds evening. Lorraine notes that the sniff test process establishment for ArB will likely be requesting support from others to perform review as needed.
  7. TSC Project Review (next milestone dates, etc) continued
    • WGM Room assignment project now resuming with new HL7 staff member. (944) May or may not have something to review and beta-test at the January meeting. Lots of competition for the new person's time (Pete Swanson)
    • Replicating issues with normative and informative using DSTU comments architecture have not yet been addressed with Pete.
    • SAIF Pilot Coordination should be discussed noon tomorrow on SAIF AP call. Next milestone date is old, which is appropriate because it has not been updated.

Adjourned 12:00 PM.

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • Austin will contact sponsor WG chairs and project facilitators to consider the broader context within HL7 and coordination with UDI from OO.
  • Woody will suggest the amended FGB M&C be brought along with recommendations for the new positions.
  • Lynn or Dave will get an initial list of projects >5 years old for consideration.
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


© 2013 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.