Difference between revisions of "2013-10-07 TSC Call Minutes"

From HL7 TSC
Jump to navigation Jump to search
 
(11 intermediate revisions by the same user not shown)
Line 17: Line 17:
 
{|border="1" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0"  
 
{|border="1" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0"  
 
|colspan="4" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"| Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented
 
|colspan="4" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"| Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"| '''yes/no'''
+
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"| '''yes'''
 
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|
 
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|
 
|-
 
|-
 
|colspan="2"|Chair/CTO ||colspan="2"|ArB ||colspan="2"|International Affiliate Rep ||colspan="2"|Ad-Hoc
 
|colspan="2"|Chair/CTO ||colspan="2"|ArB ||colspan="2"|International Affiliate Rep ||colspan="2"|Ad-Hoc
 
|-
 
|-
|.||Austin Kreisler||.||Ron Parker||.|| Jean Duteau||.||Ken McCaslin
+
|x||Austin Kreisler||.||Ron Parker||x||Jean Duteau||regrets||Ken McCaslin
 
|-
 
|-
|.||John Quinn ||.||Lorraine Constable||.|| ||.||Giorgio Cangioli
+
|x||John Quinn ||x||Lorraine Constable||.|| ||x||Giorgio Cangioli
  
 
|-
 
|-
Line 33: Line 33:
  
 
|-
 
|-
|.||Melva Peters||.||Woody Beeler||.||Calvin Beebe||.||Freida Hall
+
|x||Melva Peters||x||Woody Beeler||x||Calvin Beebe||x||Freida Hall
 
|-
 
|-
|.||Mead Walker||.||Tony Julian||.||Pat van Dyke||.||Andy Stechishin
+
|x||Mead Walker||x||Tony Julian||x||Pat van Dyke||x||Andy Stechishin
 
|-
 
|-
 
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|''ex officio''
 
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|''ex officio''
Line 42: Line 42:
 
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|HL7 Staff
 
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|HL7 Staff
 
|-
 
|-
|.||Don Mon (HL7 Chair) w/vote||.||John Roberts ||.||''obs1''||.||Lynn Laakso
+
|.||Don Mon (HL7 Chair) w/vote||x||John Roberts||x||Brian Pech||x||Lynn Laakso
 
|-
 
|-
 
|.||Bob Dolin (Vice Chair) <s>vote</s>||.||.||.||''obs2''||.||
 
|.||Bob Dolin (Vice Chair) <s>vote</s>||.||.||.||''obs2''||.||
Line 72: Line 72:
 
<!--  Discussion  -->
 
<!--  Discussion  -->
 
#Discussion topics:  
 
#Discussion topics:  
 +
#*Device identifier (UDI) presentation review from Monday night
 +
#*ArB and FTSD dual representation
 +
#*ArB Content Review guidance
 
====Management====
 
====Management====
 
#Review [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemBrowse&tracker_id=494 action items] –
 
#Review [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemBrowse&tracker_id=494 action items] –
#*US Realm Task Force to give feedback on Wednesday's DAF presentation on where to go next, etc. (Freida)  
+
#*US Realm Task Force to give feedback on Wednesday's DAF presentation on where to go next, etc. (Freida)
 +
#*Andy, with Freida, Ken McCaslin, and John Roberts will work on IG definition and conformance and inviting Rob (from [[2013-09-21_TSC_WGM_Agenda]])
 +
#*Calvin and Lorraine, aided by Jean will work on DAM desirable consistency value proposition, and conformance definition. They may wish to ask for aid by AMS.
 
<!--    Management      -->
 
<!--    Management      -->
 
<!--    Approvals  -->
 
<!--    Approvals  -->
#Approval items from e-vote last week:
+
#Approval items from e-vote last week: approved 7/0/0 with Ad-Hoc, 2 Affiliate, ArB, DESD, FTSD, T3SD voting.
 
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2742/10923/%48%4c%37%2d%43%51%49%20%57%68%69%74%65%20%50%61%70%65%72%20%2d%20%57%47%20%41%70%70%72%6f%76%65%64%20%50%72%6f%6a%20%53%63%6f%70%65%20%2d%20%50%48%41%52%4d%57%47%20%43%6f%6d%6d%65%6e%74%73%20%61%6e%64%20%43%51%49%20%52%65%73%70%6f%6e%73%65%73%20%2d%20%39%2d%39%2d%31%33%20%2e%64%6f%63 Project Scope Statement] approval of ''White Paper: A Framework for Standards to Report Quality Measures'',  for CQI of DESD at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=1039 Project Insight 1039] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2742&start=0 TSC Tracker 2742]
 
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2742/10923/%48%4c%37%2d%43%51%49%20%57%68%69%74%65%20%50%61%70%65%72%20%2d%20%57%47%20%41%70%70%72%6f%76%65%64%20%50%72%6f%6a%20%53%63%6f%70%65%20%2d%20%50%48%41%52%4d%57%47%20%43%6f%6d%6d%65%6e%74%73%20%61%6e%64%20%43%51%49%20%52%65%73%70%6f%6e%73%65%73%20%2d%20%39%2d%39%2d%31%33%20%2e%64%6f%63 Project Scope Statement] approval of ''White Paper: A Framework for Standards to Report Quality Measures'',  for CQI of DESD at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=1039 Project Insight 1039] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2742&start=0 TSC Tracker 2742]
 
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2753/10984/%48%4c%37%5f%50%75%62%6c%69%63%61%74%69%6f%6e%5f%52%65%71%75%65%73%74%5f%56%32%35%31%5f%49%47%5f%56%52%42%46%44%52%5f%52%31%5f%44%31%5f%32%30%31%32%4a%41%4e%20%46%49%4e%41%4c%2e%64%6f%63%78 DSTU Publication Request] for PHER of DESD: ''HL7 Version 2.5.1 Implementation Guide: Birth & Fetal Death Reporting, R1, US Realm'' requesting publication as DSTU for 24 months (ballot title: HL7 Version 2.5.1 Implementation Guide: Reporting Birth & Fetal Death Information from the EHR to Vital Records, R1) at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=816 Project Insight 816] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2753&start=0 TSC Tracker 2753]   
 
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2753/10984/%48%4c%37%5f%50%75%62%6c%69%63%61%74%69%6f%6e%5f%52%65%71%75%65%73%74%5f%56%32%35%31%5f%49%47%5f%56%52%42%46%44%52%5f%52%31%5f%44%31%5f%32%30%31%32%4a%41%4e%20%46%49%4e%41%4c%2e%64%6f%63%78 DSTU Publication Request] for PHER of DESD: ''HL7 Version 2.5.1 Implementation Guide: Birth & Fetal Death Reporting, R1, US Realm'' requesting publication as DSTU for 24 months (ballot title: HL7 Version 2.5.1 Implementation Guide: Reporting Birth & Fetal Death Information from the EHR to Vital Records, R1) at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=816 Project Insight 816] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2753&start=0 TSC Tracker 2753]   
Line 83: Line 88:
 
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2755/10989/2012SEP_PSS_CDS_GDelFiol_InfobuttonR4_revised.doc Normative ballot notification] for CDS of SSD SD: ''HL7 Version 3 Implementation Guide: URL-Based Implementations of the Context-Aware Information Retrieval (Infobutton) Domain, Release 4'' at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=876 Project Insight 876] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2755&start=0 TSC Tracker 2755]   
 
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2755/10989/2012SEP_PSS_CDS_GDelFiol_InfobuttonR4_revised.doc Normative ballot notification] for CDS of SSD SD: ''HL7 Version 3 Implementation Guide: URL-Based Implementations of the Context-Aware Information Retrieval (Infobutton) Domain, Release 4'' at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=876 Project Insight 876] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2755&start=0 TSC Tracker 2755]   
 
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2756/10990/PSS_EHR_MU_FP_of_EHR-S_FM_R2%2020130923.docx Project approval Request] for ''Meaningful Use EHR System Functional Profile (of HL7/ISO 10781 EHR System Functional Model Release 2)'' by EHR WG of SSD SD cosponsored by Mobile Health WG at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=1008 Project Insight 1008] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2756&start=0 TSC Tracker 2756]
 
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2756/10990/PSS_EHR_MU_FP_of_EHR-S_FM_R2%2020130923.docx Project approval Request] for ''Meaningful Use EHR System Functional Profile (of HL7/ISO 10781 EHR System Functional Model Release 2)'' by EHR WG of SSD SD cosponsored by Mobile Health WG at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=1008 Project Insight 1008] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2756&start=0 TSC Tracker 2756]
 +
#For e-vote next week: Approval of [http://www.hl7.org/documentcenter/public/wg/desd/DESD%20M&C%20(20130923)%20-%20APPROVED.docx DESD Mission and Charter update]
 
<!--  Management      -->
 
<!--  Management      -->
 
<!--  Discussion  -->
 
<!--  Discussion  -->
 
#Discussion topics:  
 
#Discussion topics:  
 
#*Continued discussion on Mid-tier governance/management group health (see 2013-09-22_TSC_WGM_Agenda)
 
#*Continued discussion on Mid-tier governance/management group health (see 2013-09-22_TSC_WGM_Agenda)
#*postponed from WGM: BAM topic -  
+
<!--#*Feedback on TSC recommendation to the EC that by January we come up with an implementation strategy that locks up the preproduction content so that only staff can unlock it and it be accessible by members-only.  -->
#**Enacting Steering Division review of projects; specificity of project scope vs ballot artifact
+
#*postponed from WGM:  
#**vitality triggers by time-based (aging) or event-based (NIB)  
+
#**BAM topic -  
 +
#***Enacting Steering Division review of projects; specificity of project scope vs ballot artifact
 +
#***vitality triggers by time-based (aging) or event-based (NIB)
 +
#**[http://www.hl7.org/Special/committees/tsc/projects.cfm TSC Project Review] (next milestone dates, etc)
 
#Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
 
#Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
 
#*ArB BAM-lite progress and BAM task force
 
#*ArB BAM-lite progress and BAM task force
Line 101: Line 110:
  
 
===Minutes===
 
===Minutes===
'''Minutes/Conclusions Reached:'''<br/>
+
'''Minutes/Conclusions Reached:'''<br/> convened at 11:02 AM
 +
#Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests) Brian Pech observing, John Roberts also on the call
 +
#Agenda review and approval - Austin Kreisler - approved by general consent
 +
#Approve Minutes - defer for one more week
 +
====Governance====
 +
<!--  Governance      -->
 +
<!--  Discussion  -->
 +
#Discussion topics:
 +
#*Device identifier (UDI) presentation review from Monday night
 +
#**Presentation from Monday night cochairs dinner/meeting has been shown to several other WGs. A 2.x related project for implementing UDI in a standard has surfaced. A cross-paradigm approach is more desirable. Pat agrees that EHR doesn't want to create a profile in isolation. FHIR will be addressing the device resource, notes Lorraine. Woody notes some flaws in the UDI approach discussed in MnM especially in dealing with OIDs. Lorraine notes OO touches several product families but Austin adds that we have an existing standard addressing this in SPL. Giorgio asks about UDI realm? It was presented by FDA but is a GS1 standard. John adds it has yet to be introduced in IHTSDO and ISO. So we need to address this GS1 identifier across our standards. Melva notes that Pharmacy also was identified as cosponsors on this project. All Steering Divisions need to be aware of possibility of multiple projects arising.
 +
#*ArB and FTSD dual representation
 +
#**Tony is SD cochair and ArB chair. Woody notes they solicited candidates in Cambridge but none have come forward. FTSD has the power to name an interim replacement for the remainder of the term (end of 2014). FTSD will send an announcement to seek nominations for candidates. If no candidates will come forward the TSC also has the ability to name an ad-hoc member.
 +
#*ArB Content Review guidance
 +
#**Briefly discussed in Cambridge, as part of US Realm Task Force, to resurrect function in ArB to review content coming into HL7 from external sources. Austin proposed the ArB start doing this with any material arriving already substantially complete. Lorraine suggests someone on ArB do a sniff test and assess the skills and roles needed for assessment. Austin further suggests that a product director might do this task. But for now, the ArB should do an initial triage and determine where else in the organization needs to help out and not be a bottleneck. New attachments standard circulating now is one candidate. Discussion ensued on potential PSS updates to capture how much of the content is already developed. Freida will take the suggestion to PS on the 2014 PSS template updates. Melva asks also if the external stakeholder section can be beefed up. Perhaps stakeholder categories, external collaboration and the level of completion can somehow be amalgamated. External development funded is called "hosted projects" in PS.
 +
#**Lorraine notes that the gap in the process is making the ArB aware of items that come up for the sniff test. Austin proposed that if a project comes forward with >50% completion we hold approval until ArB has reviewed. Clinical Notes project might be a good test of maintaining a lightweight "sniff test" approach to review. Lorraine also suggests the Steering Divisions pick up on these and forward them as they are detected.
 +
#**PSS suggestion from Tony - if it is an implementation guide, list the HL7 standards upon which this IG is based…
 +
====Management====
 +
#Review [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemBrowse&tracker_id=494 action items] –
 +
#*US Realm Task Force to give feedback on Wednesday's DAF presentation on where to go next, etc. (Freida)
 +
#**URTF has not yet met. Freida sent the DAF folks some information while still at the WGM.
 +
#*Andy, with Freida, Ken McCaslin, and John Roberts will work on IG definition and conformance and inviting Rob (from [[2013-09-21_TSC_WGM_Agenda]])
 +
#**Freida reports they have collected some information and will set up a Doodle poll to schedule a meeting.
 +
#*Calvin and Lorraine, aided by Jean will work on DAM desirable consistency value proposition, and conformance definition. They may wish to ask for aid by AMS.
 +
#**Lorraine reports there is no progress on this.
 +
<!--    Management      -->
 +
<!--    Approvals  -->
 +
#Approval items from e-vote last week: approved 7/0/0 with Ad-Hoc, 2 Affiliate, ArB, DESD, FTSD, T3SD voting.
 +
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2742/10923/%48%4c%37%2d%43%51%49%20%57%68%69%74%65%20%50%61%70%65%72%20%2d%20%57%47%20%41%70%70%72%6f%76%65%64%20%50%72%6f%6a%20%53%63%6f%70%65%20%2d%20%50%48%41%52%4d%57%47%20%43%6f%6d%6d%65%6e%74%73%20%61%6e%64%20%43%51%49%20%52%65%73%70%6f%6e%73%65%73%20%2d%20%39%2d%39%2d%31%33%20%2e%64%6f%63 Project Scope Statement] approval of ''White Paper: A Framework for Standards to Report Quality Measures'',  for CQI of DESD at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=1039 Project Insight 1039] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2742&start=0 TSC Tracker 2742]
 +
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2753/10984/%48%4c%37%5f%50%75%62%6c%69%63%61%74%69%6f%6e%5f%52%65%71%75%65%73%74%5f%56%32%35%31%5f%49%47%5f%56%52%42%46%44%52%5f%52%31%5f%44%31%5f%32%30%31%32%4a%41%4e%20%46%49%4e%41%4c%2e%64%6f%63%78 DSTU Publication Request] for PHER of DESD: ''HL7 Version 2.5.1 Implementation Guide: Birth & Fetal Death Reporting, R1, US Realm'' requesting publication as DSTU for 24 months (ballot title: HL7 Version 2.5.1 Implementation Guide: Reporting Birth & Fetal Death Information from the EHR to Vital Records, R1) at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=816 Project Insight 816] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2753&start=0 TSC Tracker 2753] 
 +
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2754/10988/2012SEP_PSS_CDS_GDelFiol_ContxtAwareR2_revised.doc Normative ballot notification] for CDS of SSD SD: ''HL7 Version 3 Standard: Context-Aware Knowledge Retrieval Application (Infobutton); Knowledge Request, Release 2 '' at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=875 Project Insight 875] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2754&start=0 TSC Tracker 2754]
 +
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2755/10989/2012SEP_PSS_CDS_GDelFiol_InfobuttonR4_revised.doc Normative ballot notification] for CDS of SSD SD: ''HL7 Version 3 Implementation Guide: URL-Based Implementations of the Context-Aware Information Retrieval (Infobutton) Domain, Release 4'' at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=876 Project Insight 876] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2755&start=0 TSC Tracker 2755] 
 +
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2756/10990/PSS_EHR_MU_FP_of_EHR-S_FM_R2%2020130923.docx Project approval Request] for ''Meaningful Use EHR System Functional Profile (of HL7/ISO 10781 EHR System Functional Model Release 2)'' by EHR WG of SSD SD cosponsored by Mobile Health WG at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=1008 Project Insight 1008] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2756&start=0 TSC Tracker 2756]
 +
#For e-vote next week: Approval of [http://www.hl7.org/documentcenter/public/wg/desd/DESD%20M&C%20(20130923)%20-%20APPROVED.docx DESD Mission and Charter update]
 +
<!--  Management      -->
 +
<!--  Discussion  -->
 +
#Discussion topics:
 +
#*Continued discussion on Mid-tier governance/management group health (see 2013-09-22_TSC_WGM_Agenda)
 +
#**How to represent when an SD is not actively working with a WG as compared to a known problem. Suggestion to maintain it for this cycle and revisit it next cycle.
 +
<!--#*Feedback on TSC recommendation to the EC that by January we come up with an implementation strategy that locks up the preproduction content so that only staff can unlock it and it be accessible by members-only.  -->
 +
#*postponed from WGM:
 +
#**BAM topic -
 +
#***Enacting Steering Division review of '''ongoing''' projects; specificity of project scope vs ballot artifact
 +
#****If you've got a project hanging around forever with numerous ballots under the project risks adding to the scope of the project without formally modifying the PSS.
 +
#****Where do we conduct a review of existing projects for on-track and in-scope? Keeping milestones up to date is different than review of projects.
 +
#****Woody asks where we have time to do that sort of policing? Lorraine notes it might be a training issue for WG co-chairs. Melva believes it needs to be on the duty of a project facilitator. Mead thinks WG cochairs would be responsible. Lorraine feels it may be a responsibility of cochairs but they can delegate that out. What if we create a WG Health metric on project review? We have something like it in PBS Metrics but doesn't address project scope creep. History of past efforts, SD Project Facilitator, project review and cleanup, etc reviewed by Freida. We may need to continue thinking about this.
 +
#***vitality triggers by time-based (aging) or event-based (NIB) - this is tied to when these project reviews might happen. A project being five years old may need to be routinely reviewed.
 +
#**[http://www.hl7.org/Special/committees/tsc/projects.cfm TSC Project Review] (next milestone dates, etc)
 +
#***SAIF #751 - we have action items on the SAIF AP quarter, and need to sit down and address long term. Change to 2014Jan next milestone date.
 +
#*** SAIF IG #763 has old next milestone date, and hasn't produced anything so leave it flagged as missing its milestone. Lorraine notes there may be some artifacts coming out of our TSC action items. Austin notes that Lloyd as Project Facilitator is not really participating any longer. The geospatial effort to implement SAIF noted by Lorraine has been enlightening as well.
 +
#***continue review next week
 +
 
 +
Adjourned 11:58 AM
 +
 
 +
Roll over to next week:
 +
#Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
 +
#*ArB BAM-lite progress and BAM task force - meeting this week.
 +
#*FGB/FMG updates?
 +
#*TRAC not meeting this week
 +
#*US Realm Task Force is meeting this week
 +
<!-- #WGM Planning - -->
 +
#[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemBrowse&tracker_id=313 Open Issues List]
 +
 
  
  
'''''Please don't forget to hang up from the conference call '' (VOIP users)'''
 
 
===Next Steps===
 
===Next Steps===
 
{|border="1" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0"  
 
{|border="1" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0"  
 
|-
 
|-
 
|colspan="4" |'''Actions''' ''(Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)''<br/>
 
|colspan="4" |'''Actions''' ''(Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)''<br/>
* .
+
*FTSD will send an announcement to seek nominations for cochair interim candidates.
 +
*Andy, with Freida, Ken McCaslin, and John Roberts will work on IG definition and conformance and inviting Rob (from [[2013-09-21_TSC_WGM_Agenda]])
 +
*Calvin and Lorraine, aided by Jean will work on DAM desirable consistency value proposition, and conformance definition. They may wish to ask for aid by AMS.
 +
*Freida will take the suggestions to PS on the 2014 PSS template updates.
 
|-
 
|-
 
|colspan="4" |'''Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items'''<br/>
 
|colspan="4" |'''Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items'''<br/>
 
*[[2013-10-14 TSC Call Agenda]].
 
*[[2013-10-14 TSC Call Agenda]].
 +
*Minutes approval
 
|}
 
|}
  
  
 
© 2013 Health Level Seven® International.  All rights reserved.
 
© 2013 Health Level Seven® International.  All rights reserved.

Latest revision as of 17:28, 14 October 2013

TSC Agenda/Minutes

Meeting Info/Attendees

Standing Conference Calls

TSC will hold a Conference Call at 11AM Eastern time, each Monday except during scheduled face-to-face Working Group Meetings unless otherwise noted at TSC_Minutes_and_Agendas.

GoToMeeting at https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/426505829 using VOIP
For those without access to microphone/speakers:
US: +1 (224)501-3318
Canada: +1 (647)497-9379
Italy: +39 0 230 57 81 80
Access Code: 426-505-829
GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829
HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
GoToMeeting ID: 273-848-837

Date: 2013-10-07
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Austin Kreisler Note taker(s): Lynn Laakso
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented yes
Chair/CTO ArB International Affiliate Rep Ad-Hoc
x Austin Kreisler . Ron Parker x Jean Duteau regrets Ken McCaslin
x John Quinn x Lorraine Constable . x Giorgio Cangioli
Domain Experts Foundation and Technology Structure and Semantic Design Technical and Support Services
x Melva Peters x Woody Beeler x Calvin Beebe x Freida Hall
x Mead Walker x Tony Julian x Pat van Dyke x Andy Stechishin
ex officio Invited Guests Observers HL7 Staff
. Don Mon (HL7 Chair) w/vote x John Roberts x Brian Pech x Lynn Laakso
. Bob Dolin (Vice Chair) vote . . . obs2 .
. Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote . . . .

Agenda

Housekeeping

  1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
  2. Agenda review and approval - Austin Kreisler
  3. Approve Minutes of 2013-09-16 TSC Call Agenda

Governance

  1. Approval items:
  2. Discussion topics:
    • Device identifier (UDI) presentation review from Monday night
    • ArB and FTSD dual representation
    • ArB Content Review guidance

Management

  1. Review action items
    • US Realm Task Force to give feedback on Wednesday's DAF presentation on where to go next, etc. (Freida)
    • Andy, with Freida, Ken McCaslin, and John Roberts will work on IG definition and conformance and inviting Rob (from 2013-09-21_TSC_WGM_Agenda)
    • Calvin and Lorraine, aided by Jean will work on DAM desirable consistency value proposition, and conformance definition. They may wish to ask for aid by AMS.
  2. Approval items from e-vote last week: approved 7/0/0 with Ad-Hoc, 2 Affiliate, ArB, DESD, FTSD, T3SD voting.
  3. For e-vote next week: Approval of DESD Mission and Charter update
  4. Discussion topics:
    • Continued discussion on Mid-tier governance/management group health (see 2013-09-22_TSC_WGM_Agenda)
    • postponed from WGM:
      • BAM topic -
        • Enacting Steering Division review of projects; specificity of project scope vs ballot artifact
        • vitality triggers by time-based (aging) or event-based (NIB)
      • TSC Project Review (next milestone dates, etc)
  5. Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
    • ArB BAM-lite progress and BAM task force
    • FGB/FMG updates?
    • TRAC
    • US Realm Task Force
  6. Open Issues List


Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:
convened at 11:02 AM

  1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests) Brian Pech observing, John Roberts also on the call
  2. Agenda review and approval - Austin Kreisler - approved by general consent
  3. Approve Minutes - defer for one more week

Governance

  1. Discussion topics:
    • Device identifier (UDI) presentation review from Monday night
      • Presentation from Monday night cochairs dinner/meeting has been shown to several other WGs. A 2.x related project for implementing UDI in a standard has surfaced. A cross-paradigm approach is more desirable. Pat agrees that EHR doesn't want to create a profile in isolation. FHIR will be addressing the device resource, notes Lorraine. Woody notes some flaws in the UDI approach discussed in MnM especially in dealing with OIDs. Lorraine notes OO touches several product families but Austin adds that we have an existing standard addressing this in SPL. Giorgio asks about UDI realm? It was presented by FDA but is a GS1 standard. John adds it has yet to be introduced in IHTSDO and ISO. So we need to address this GS1 identifier across our standards. Melva notes that Pharmacy also was identified as cosponsors on this project. All Steering Divisions need to be aware of possibility of multiple projects arising.
    • ArB and FTSD dual representation
      • Tony is SD cochair and ArB chair. Woody notes they solicited candidates in Cambridge but none have come forward. FTSD has the power to name an interim replacement for the remainder of the term (end of 2014). FTSD will send an announcement to seek nominations for candidates. If no candidates will come forward the TSC also has the ability to name an ad-hoc member.
    • ArB Content Review guidance
      • Briefly discussed in Cambridge, as part of US Realm Task Force, to resurrect function in ArB to review content coming into HL7 from external sources. Austin proposed the ArB start doing this with any material arriving already substantially complete. Lorraine suggests someone on ArB do a sniff test and assess the skills and roles needed for assessment. Austin further suggests that a product director might do this task. But for now, the ArB should do an initial triage and determine where else in the organization needs to help out and not be a bottleneck. New attachments standard circulating now is one candidate. Discussion ensued on potential PSS updates to capture how much of the content is already developed. Freida will take the suggestion to PS on the 2014 PSS template updates. Melva asks also if the external stakeholder section can be beefed up. Perhaps stakeholder categories, external collaboration and the level of completion can somehow be amalgamated. External development funded is called "hosted projects" in PS.
      • Lorraine notes that the gap in the process is making the ArB aware of items that come up for the sniff test. Austin proposed that if a project comes forward with >50% completion we hold approval until ArB has reviewed. Clinical Notes project might be a good test of maintaining a lightweight "sniff test" approach to review. Lorraine also suggests the Steering Divisions pick up on these and forward them as they are detected.
      • PSS suggestion from Tony - if it is an implementation guide, list the HL7 standards upon which this IG is based…

Management

  1. Review action items
    • US Realm Task Force to give feedback on Wednesday's DAF presentation on where to go next, etc. (Freida)
      • URTF has not yet met. Freida sent the DAF folks some information while still at the WGM.
    • Andy, with Freida, Ken McCaslin, and John Roberts will work on IG definition and conformance and inviting Rob (from 2013-09-21_TSC_WGM_Agenda)
      • Freida reports they have collected some information and will set up a Doodle poll to schedule a meeting.
    • Calvin and Lorraine, aided by Jean will work on DAM desirable consistency value proposition, and conformance definition. They may wish to ask for aid by AMS.
      • Lorraine reports there is no progress on this.
  2. Approval items from e-vote last week: approved 7/0/0 with Ad-Hoc, 2 Affiliate, ArB, DESD, FTSD, T3SD voting.
  3. For e-vote next week: Approval of DESD Mission and Charter update
  4. Discussion topics:
    • Continued discussion on Mid-tier governance/management group health (see 2013-09-22_TSC_WGM_Agenda)
      • How to represent when an SD is not actively working with a WG as compared to a known problem. Suggestion to maintain it for this cycle and revisit it next cycle.
    • postponed from WGM:
      • BAM topic -
        • Enacting Steering Division review of ongoing projects; specificity of project scope vs ballot artifact
          • If you've got a project hanging around forever with numerous ballots under the project risks adding to the scope of the project without formally modifying the PSS.
          • Where do we conduct a review of existing projects for on-track and in-scope? Keeping milestones up to date is different than review of projects.
          • Woody asks where we have time to do that sort of policing? Lorraine notes it might be a training issue for WG co-chairs. Melva believes it needs to be on the duty of a project facilitator. Mead thinks WG cochairs would be responsible. Lorraine feels it may be a responsibility of cochairs but they can delegate that out. What if we create a WG Health metric on project review? We have something like it in PBS Metrics but doesn't address project scope creep. History of past efforts, SD Project Facilitator, project review and cleanup, etc reviewed by Freida. We may need to continue thinking about this.
        • vitality triggers by time-based (aging) or event-based (NIB) - this is tied to when these project reviews might happen. A project being five years old may need to be routinely reviewed.
      • TSC Project Review (next milestone dates, etc)
        • SAIF #751 - we have action items on the SAIF AP quarter, and need to sit down and address long term. Change to 2014Jan next milestone date.
        • SAIF IG #763 has old next milestone date, and hasn't produced anything so leave it flagged as missing its milestone. Lorraine notes there may be some artifacts coming out of our TSC action items. Austin notes that Lloyd as Project Facilitator is not really participating any longer. The geospatial effort to implement SAIF noted by Lorraine has been enlightening as well.
        • continue review next week

Adjourned 11:58 AM

Roll over to next week:

  1. Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
    • ArB BAM-lite progress and BAM task force - meeting this week.
    • FGB/FMG updates?
    • TRAC not meeting this week
    • US Realm Task Force is meeting this week
  2. Open Issues List


Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • FTSD will send an announcement to seek nominations for cochair interim candidates.
  • Andy, with Freida, Ken McCaslin, and John Roberts will work on IG definition and conformance and inviting Rob (from 2013-09-21_TSC_WGM_Agenda)
  • Calvin and Lorraine, aided by Jean will work on DAM desirable consistency value proposition, and conformance definition. They may wish to ask for aid by AMS.
  • Freida will take the suggestions to PS on the 2014 PSS template updates.
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


© 2013 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.