Difference between revisions of "2013-08-26 TSC Call Minutes"

From HL7 TSC
Jump to navigation Jump to search
m
 
(One intermediate revision by the same user not shown)
Line 4: Line 4:
  
 
===Meeting Info/Attendees===
 
===Meeting Info/Attendees===
{{:TSC Meetings}}
+
   [[Category:2013 TSC Minutes]]
   [[Category:2013 TSC Minutes|Agenda Template]]
 
  
 
{|border="1" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0"  
 
{|border="1" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0"  
Line 18: Line 17:
 
{|border="1" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0"  
 
{|border="1" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0"  
 
|colspan="4" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"| Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented
 
|colspan="4" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"| Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"| '''yes/no'''
+
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"| '''yes'''
 
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|
 
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|
 
|-
 
|-
 
|colspan="2"|Chair/CTO ||colspan="2"|ArB ||colspan="2"|International Affiliate Rep ||colspan="2"|Ad-Hoc
 
|colspan="2"|Chair/CTO ||colspan="2"|ArB ||colspan="2"|International Affiliate Rep ||colspan="2"|Ad-Hoc
 
|-
 
|-
|.||Austin Kreisler||.||Ron Parker||.|| Jean Duteau||.||Ken McCaslin
+
|x||Austin Kreisler||x||Ron Parker||.|| Jean Duteau||x||Ken McCaslin
 
|-
 
|-
|.||John Quinn ||.||Lorraine Constable||.|| ||.||Giorgio Cangioli
+
|x||John Quinn ||x||Lorraine Constable||.|| ||.||Giorgio Cangioli
  
 
|-
 
|-
Line 34: Line 33:
  
 
|-
 
|-
|.||Melva Peters||.||Woody Beeler||regrets||Calvin Beebe||.||Freida Hall
+
|x||Melva Peters||x||Woody Beeler||regrets||Calvin Beebe||x||Freida Hall
 
|-
 
|-
|regrets||Mead Walker||regrets||Tony Julian||.||Pat van Dyke||.||Andy Stechishin
+
|regrets||Mead Walker||regrets||Tony Julian||x||Pat van Dyke||.||Andy Stechishin
 
|-
 
|-
 
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|''ex officio''
 
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|''ex officio''
Line 43: Line 42:
 
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|HL7 Staff
 
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|HL7 Staff
 
|-
 
|-
|.||Don Mon (HL7 Chair) w/vote||.||Ken Kawamoto ||.||''obs1''||.||Lynn Laakso
+
|.||Don Mon (HL7 Chair) w/vote||x||Ken Kawamoto ||.||||x||Lynn Laakso
 
|-
 
|-
|.||Bob Dolin (Vice Chair) <s>vote</s>||.||John Roberts||.||''obs2''||.||
+
|.||Bob Dolin (Vice Chair) <s>vote</s>||x||John Roberts||.||||x||Don Lloyd
 
|-
 
|-
 
|.||Chuck Jaffe (CEO) <s> vote</s>
 
|.||Chuck Jaffe (CEO) <s> vote</s>
Line 101: Line 100:
 
===Minutes===
 
===Minutes===
 
'''Minutes/Conclusions Reached:'''<br/>
 
'''Minutes/Conclusions Reached:'''<br/>
 +
#Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests) KenK and John Roberts in attendance
 +
#Agenda review and approval - Austin Kreisler
 +
#Approve Minutes of [[2013-08-19 TSC Call Agenda]] - Pat abstains, passes 5/0/1.
 +
====Management====
 +
#Review [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemBrowse&tracker_id=494 action items] –
 +
#*Mead and Jean volunteer to write up response on RPS R2 normative request (from 8/5) neither are on the call. Melva reports that it was done.
 +
#Update on US Realm Task Force/Content Review team - see [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2707/10834/%76%4d%52%2d%43%44%53%20%43%6f%6e%74%65%6e%74%20%52%65%76%69%65%77%20%54%65%61%6d%20%52%65%63%6f%6d%6d%65%6e%64%61%74%69%6f%6e%73%20%48%65%44%20%63%6f%6d%6d%65%6e%74%73%32%30%31%33%30%38%32%32%2e%64%6f%63%78 recommendations] - summary: mostly moving forward, switching to US Realm and informative ballot instead of DSTU. Not using V3 methodology nor wire format, so not really V3. It has poor match to an existing product family but there is a recommendation to move it to an existing product family. Woody moves and Ron seconds acceptance of the task force recommendations. Unanimously approved.
 +
#*Austin notes the US Realm Task Force has a number of other things on its plate and will continue to meet. The Content Review team will continue to meet to be available to the HeD team for questions and feedback in the near term.
 +
<!--    Management      -->
 +
<!--    Approvals  -->
 +
#Referred pending content review committee input (see above recommendations) - John Quinn moves and Woody seconds approval of the projects. Unanimously approved.
 +
#* [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2703/10839/%76%4d%52%2d%43%44%53%20%58%4d%4c%20%49%6d%70%6c%65%6d%65%6e%74%61%74%69%6f%6e%20%47%75%69%64%65%20%52%65%6c%65%61%73%65%20%32%20%50%53%53%20%76%32%30%31%33%2d%30%38%2d%32%33%2e%64%6f%63 Updated Project Scope Statement] for ''Virtual Medical Record for Clinical Decision Support (vMR-CDS) XML Implementation Guide, Release 2'' formerly called Virtual Medical Record XML Implementable Technology Specification <s>Implementation Guide</s>, Release 2 (US Realm), for CDS WG of SSD SD and cosponsored by ITS WG of FTSD at [https://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=1016 Project Insight ID# 1016] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2703 TSC Tracker # 2703]
 +
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2702/10840/%76%4d%52%2d%43%44%53%20%54%65%6d%70%6c%61%74%65%73%20%52%65%6c%65%61%73%65%20%31%20%50%53%53%20%76%32%30%31%33%2d%30%38%2d%32%33%2e%64%6f%63 Updated Project Scope Statement] for ''Virtual Medical Record for Clinical Decision Support (vMR-CDS)  Templates, Release 1'' formerly titled Virtual Medical Record Templates Process and Implementation Guide, Release 1 (US Realm) at [https://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=1030 Project Insight ID# 1030] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2702 TSC Tracker # 2702] for CDS WG of SSD SD and pending confirmation of cosponsorship by Templates WG of FTSD.
 +
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2700/10841/%44%65%63%69%73%69%6f%6e%20%53%75%70%70%6f%72%74%20%53%65%72%76%69%63%65%20%49%6d%70%6c%65%6d%65%6e%74%61%74%69%6f%6e%20%47%75%69%64%65%20%50%53%53%20%76%32%30%31%33%2d%30%38%2d%32%33%2e%64%6f%63 Updated Project Scope Statement] for ''Decision Support Service Implementation Guide'' for CDS WG of SSD SD at [https://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=1018 Project Insight ID# 1018] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2700 TSC Tracker # 2700]
 +
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2701/10838/%76%4d%52%2d%43%44%53%20%4c%6f%67%69%63%61%6c%20%4d%6f%64%65%6c%20%52%65%6c%65%61%73%65%20%33%20%50%53%53%20%76%32%30%31%33%2d%30%38%2d%32%33%2e%64%6f%63 Updated scope statement] for ''Virtual Medical Record for Clinical Decision Support (vMR-CDS) Logical Model, Release 3'', formerly named Virtual Medical Record Domain Analysis Model, Release 3, at [https://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=1017 Project Insight ID# 1017] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2701 TSC Tracker # 2701] (previously approved on 8/12/2013 TSC Call)
 +
#*Pat asks what the time frame is for the migration to an existing product family? It will begin as soon as they get their ballot material out and to the end of the year on whether they will migrate to FHIR, in time for January ballot.
 +
#Approval items for e-vote this week: 
 +
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2710/10837/%48%4c%37%5f%50%75%62%6c%69%63%61%74%69%6f%6e%5f%52%65%71%75%65%73%74%5f%50%61%74%5f%47%65%6e%65%72%61%74%65%64%5f%44%6f%63%75%6d%65%6e%74%5f%48%65%61%64%65%72%2e%64%6f%63%78 Informative Publication Request] for '' HL7 Implementation Guide for CDA® R2: Patient Generated Document Header Template, Release 1'', for SDWG of SSD SD - See [https://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=900 Project Insight ID# 900] and  [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2710 TSC Tracker # 2710]
 +
#Approval items from e-vote last week: approved with 2 Ad-Hoc, Affiliate, ArB, DESD, T3SD voting  (6/0/0)
 +
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2709/10820/%32%30%31%33%30%38%31%35%5f%48%65%61%6c%74%68%79%57%65%69%67%68%74%52%65%70%6f%72%74%5f%50%75%62%6c%69%63%61%74%69%6f%6e%5f%52%65%71%75%65%73%74%2e%64%6f%63%78 Informative Publication Request] for ''HL7 VERSION 2.5.1 IMPLEMENTATION GUIDE: HEIGHT AND WEIGHT REPORT, RELEASE 1 – US REALM [HL7 Version 2.5.1: ORU^R01]'', for PHER WG of DESD cosponsored by OO of SSD SD - See [https://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=972 Project Insight ID# 972]
 +
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2708/10826/%48%4c%37%50%53%53%76%32%30%31%33%31%5f%43%6f%6d%6d%65%6e%74%73%53%69%74%65%66%6f%72%4e%6f%72%6d%5f%49%6e%66%6f%72%6d%56%33%2e%64%6f%63 Project Scope Statement] for ''Extension of DSTU Comments Site Functionality to Normative and Informative Standards'' by ES of T3SD at [https://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=1032 Project Insight ID# 1032] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2708 TSC Tracker # 2708]. This project once approved will immediately go on hold since Joshua is departing, along with the WGM room assignment project.
 +
<!--  Management      -->
 +
<!--  Discussion  -->
 +
#Discussion topics:
 +
#*TSC representative to the BOD's User Group Task Force, chaired by John Hatem. Freida asks what the time commitment will be. Austin is unsure. He will try to find out more.  This may have implications for RIMBAA. Concerns discussed on the user group starting to develop standards, and participation as a benefit of membership.  BOF and Tuesday Tooling similarities for trade show potential problems also reviewed.
 +
#Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
 +
#WGM Planning - TSC agendas: send suggestions to Austin and Lynn
 +
#**[[2013-09-21 TSC WGM Agenda]], Saturday Meeting
 +
#**[[2013-09-22_TSC_WGM_SDO_Activities_Agenda|2013-09-22 TSC Activities with Other SDOs]] Sunday Q4
 +
#**[[2013-09-22_TSC_WGM_Agenda]] - Sunday Evening Meeting
 +
#**[[2013-09-23_TSC_WGM_Agenda]] - Monday Co-Chairs Meeting
 +
#**[[2013-09-25_TSC_WGM_Agenda]] - Wednesday Luncheon Meeting
 +
#**[http://wiki.hl7.org/index.php?title=20130925_SAIF_AP_Meeting 2013-09-25 SAIF AP Mtg] at 2013SepWGM Weds Q4
 +
====Governance====
 +
<!--  Governance      -->
 +
<!--    Approvals  -->
 +
#Approval items:
 +
<!--  Governance      -->
 +
<!--  Discussion  -->
 +
#Discussion topics:
 +
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/docmanfileversion/7482/10824/%47%75%69%64%61%6e%63%65%2d%74%6f%2d%57%6f%72%6b%2d%47%72%6f%75%70%73%2d%6f%6e%2d%44%53%54%55%2d%55%70%64%61%74%65%73%32%30%31%33%30%38%31%39%2e%64%6f%63%78 Guidance on DSTU Update vs Reballot] continued
 +
#**Jean's feedback on mechanics of republishing changes from implementation (Diet and Nutrition Orders DSTU) discussed. Lorraine clarifies that the model is broken for implementers with the fix to this DSTU feedback. Incremental release is needed, not errata. Since they have a facilitator capable of dealing with schemas then publishing coordination is simplified. Other groups would have more issues with publishing. Generally it has to be evaluated on a case by case basis. Then, you still need to do a publication request. Don notes they need to capture whether it needs to replace the prior DSTU, its relationship to the prior material. Action item: Lynn will update the form. The TSC can roll out the updated form and the process at the WGM.
 +
#**Freida's recommendations review from PSC. When a new independent (though related) product is added, it needs a new PSS. However a second release of a DSTU, not a 'dot-release' should that require a new PSS? At a minimum, scope changes have to go through the approval process whether for the same or a new PSS #. This addresses scope creep issue that occurs between releases. Lorraine also notes if you go from level to level in the ECCF stack e.g. conceptual to logical, you need a scope statement.  Freida notes that this is a change from the prior advice and so they may need some assistance writing this up. More discussion ensued; Austin encourages discussion via the list.
 +
 +
No meeting next week, Austin out the first two weeks of September. John cannot chair the meeting on the 9th. Ken will moderate the discussion on the 9th even without quorum and votes can be handled by e-vote process.
 +
 +
Adjourned 12:02 PM.
  
  
'''''Please don't forget to hang up from the conference call '' (VOIP users)'''
 
 
===Next Steps===
 
===Next Steps===
 
{|border="1" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0"  
 
{|border="1" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0"  
 
|-
 
|-
 
|colspan="4" |'''Actions''' ''(Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)''<br/>
 
|colspan="4" |'''Actions''' ''(Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)''<br/>
* .
+
* Lynn will update the publication request form.
 
|-
 
|-
 
|colspan="4" |'''Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items'''<br/>
 
|colspan="4" |'''Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items'''<br/>

Latest revision as of 18:02, 10 September 2013

TSC Agenda/Minutes

Meeting Info/Attendees

HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
GoToMeeting ID: 273-848-837

Date: 2013-08-26
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Austin Kreisler Note taker(s): Lynn Laakso
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented yes
Chair/CTO ArB International Affiliate Rep Ad-Hoc
x Austin Kreisler x Ron Parker . Jean Duteau x Ken McCaslin
x John Quinn x Lorraine Constable . . Giorgio Cangioli
Domain Experts Foundation and Technology Structure and Semantic Design Technical and Support Services
x Melva Peters x Woody Beeler regrets Calvin Beebe x Freida Hall
regrets Mead Walker regrets Tony Julian x Pat van Dyke . Andy Stechishin
ex officio Invited Guests Observers HL7 Staff
. Don Mon (HL7 Chair) w/vote x Ken Kawamoto . x Lynn Laakso
. Bob Dolin (Vice Chair) vote x John Roberts . x Don Lloyd
. Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote . . . .

Agenda

Housekeeping

  1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
  2. Agenda review and approval - Austin Kreisler
  3. Approve Minutes of 2013-08-19 TSC Call Agenda

Management

  1. Review action items
    • Mead and Jean volunteer to write up response on RPS R2 normative request (from 8/5)
  2. Update on US Realm Task Force/Content Review team - see recommendations
  3. Referred pending content review committee input (see above recommendations) -
  4. Approval items for e-vote this week:
  5. Approval items from e-vote last week: approved with 2 Ad-Hoc, Affiliate, DESD, T3SD voting (5/0/0)
  6. Discussion topics:
    • TSC representative to the BOD's User Group Task Force, chaired by John Hatem
  7. Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
  8. WGM Planning - TSC agendas:

Governance

  1. Approval items:
  2. Discussion topics:
  3. Open Issues List


Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:

  1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests) KenK and John Roberts in attendance
  2. Agenda review and approval - Austin Kreisler
  3. Approve Minutes of 2013-08-19 TSC Call Agenda - Pat abstains, passes 5/0/1.

Management

  1. Review action items
    • Mead and Jean volunteer to write up response on RPS R2 normative request (from 8/5) neither are on the call. Melva reports that it was done.
  2. Update on US Realm Task Force/Content Review team - see recommendations - summary: mostly moving forward, switching to US Realm and informative ballot instead of DSTU. Not using V3 methodology nor wire format, so not really V3. It has poor match to an existing product family but there is a recommendation to move it to an existing product family. Woody moves and Ron seconds acceptance of the task force recommendations. Unanimously approved.
    • Austin notes the US Realm Task Force has a number of other things on its plate and will continue to meet. The Content Review team will continue to meet to be available to the HeD team for questions and feedback in the near term.
  3. Referred pending content review committee input (see above recommendations) - John Quinn moves and Woody seconds approval of the projects. Unanimously approved.
  4. Approval items for e-vote this week:
  5. Approval items from e-vote last week: approved with 2 Ad-Hoc, Affiliate, ArB, DESD, T3SD voting (6/0/0)
  6. Discussion topics:
    • TSC representative to the BOD's User Group Task Force, chaired by John Hatem. Freida asks what the time commitment will be. Austin is unsure. He will try to find out more. This may have implications for RIMBAA. Concerns discussed on the user group starting to develop standards, and participation as a benefit of membership. BOF and Tuesday Tooling similarities for trade show potential problems also reviewed.
  7. Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
  8. WGM Planning - TSC agendas: send suggestions to Austin and Lynn

Governance

  1. Approval items:
  2. Discussion topics:
    • Guidance on DSTU Update vs Reballot continued
      • Jean's feedback on mechanics of republishing changes from implementation (Diet and Nutrition Orders DSTU) discussed. Lorraine clarifies that the model is broken for implementers with the fix to this DSTU feedback. Incremental release is needed, not errata. Since they have a facilitator capable of dealing with schemas then publishing coordination is simplified. Other groups would have more issues with publishing. Generally it has to be evaluated on a case by case basis. Then, you still need to do a publication request. Don notes they need to capture whether it needs to replace the prior DSTU, its relationship to the prior material. Action item: Lynn will update the form. The TSC can roll out the updated form and the process at the WGM.
      • Freida's recommendations review from PSC. When a new independent (though related) product is added, it needs a new PSS. However a second release of a DSTU, not a 'dot-release' should that require a new PSS? At a minimum, scope changes have to go through the approval process whether for the same or a new PSS #. This addresses scope creep issue that occurs between releases. Lorraine also notes if you go from level to level in the ECCF stack e.g. conceptual to logical, you need a scope statement. Freida notes that this is a change from the prior advice and so they may need some assistance writing this up. More discussion ensued; Austin encourages discussion via the list.

No meeting next week, Austin out the first two weeks of September. John cannot chair the meeting on the 9th. Ken will moderate the discussion on the 9th even without quorum and votes can be handled by e-vote process.

Adjourned 12:02 PM.


Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • Lynn will update the publication request form.
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


© 2013 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.