Difference between revisions of "2013-08-12 TSC Call Minutes"

From HL7 TSC
Jump to navigation Jump to search
 
(12 intermediate revisions by the same user not shown)
Line 16: Line 16:
 
{|border="1" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0"  
 
{|border="1" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0"  
 
|colspan="4" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"| Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented
 
|colspan="4" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"| Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"| '''yes/no'''
+
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"| '''yes'''
 
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|
 
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|
 
|-
 
|-
 
|colspan="2"|Chair/CTO ||colspan="2"|ArB ||colspan="2"|International Affiliate Rep ||colspan="2"|Ad-Hoc
 
|colspan="2"|Chair/CTO ||colspan="2"|ArB ||colspan="2"|International Affiliate Rep ||colspan="2"|Ad-Hoc
 
|-
 
|-
|.||Austin Kreisler||.||Ron Parker||.|| Jean Duteau||.||Ken McCaslin
+
|x||Austin Kreisler||.||Ron Parker||x|| Jean Duteau||x||Ken McCaslin
 
|-
 
|-
|.||John Quinn ||.||Lorraine Constable||.|| ||
+
|x||John Quinn ||x||Lorraine Constable||.|| ||
  
 
|-
 
|-
Line 32: Line 32:
  
 
|-
 
|-
|.||Melva Peters||.||Woody Beeler||.||Calvin Beebe||.||Freida Hall
+
|regrets||Melva Peters||x||Woody Beeler||x||Calvin Beebe||x||Freida Hall
 
|-
 
|-
|.||Mead Walker||.||Tony Julian||.||Pat van Dyke||.||Andy Stechishin
+
|x||Mead Walker||regrets||Tony Julian||x||Pat van Dyke||x||Andy Stechishin
 
|-
 
|-
 
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|''ex officio''
 
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|''ex officio''
Line 41: Line 41:
 
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|HL7 Staff
 
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|HL7 Staff
 
|-
 
|-
|.||Don Mon (HL7 Chair) w/vote||.|| ||.||''obs1''||.||Lynn Laakso
+
|.||Don Mon (HL7 Chair) w/vote||.|| ||GTM||David Susanto||x||Lynn Laakso
 
|-
 
|-
|.||Bob Dolin (Vice Chair) <s>vote</s>||.||.||.||''obs2''||.||
+
|.||Bob Dolin (Vice Chair) <s>vote</s>||.||.||x||Brian Pech||.||
 
|-
 
|-
 
|.||Chuck Jaffe (CEO) <s> vote</s>
 
|.||Chuck Jaffe (CEO) <s> vote</s>
Line 65: Line 65:
 
#Discussion topics:  
 
#Discussion topics:  
 
#*FMG has lost a member in Jean Duteau. Does the TSC wish to solicit recommendations from DESD (FGB's next meeting is the 20th)?
 
#*FMG has lost a member in Jean Duteau. Does the TSC wish to solicit recommendations from DESD (FGB's next meeting is the 20th)?
#*Guidance on DSTU update vs reballot
+
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/docmanfileversion/7467/10802/%47%75%69%64%61%6e%63%65%2d%74%6f%2d%57%6f%72%6b%2d%47%72%6f%75%70%73%2d%6f%6e%2d%44%53%54%55%2d%55%70%64%61%74%65%73%2e%64%6f%63%78 Guidance on DSTU update vs reballot]
 +
#*GOM Revision Cycle 1305 [http://lists.hl7.org/read/messages?id=236564 Peer Review] 07/19 - 08/18/2013
 
====Management====
 
====Management====
#Review [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemBrowse&tracker_id=494 action items] –
+
#Update from TSC US Realm Task Force
 
<!--    Management      -->
 
<!--    Management      -->
 
<!--    Approvals  -->
 
<!--    Approvals  -->
Line 76: Line 77:
 
#:
 
#:
 
<!--      -->  
 
<!--      -->  
#Approval items from e-vote last week: JD, SSD SD all A, T3SD mostly Abstain. FTSD Refer all bub VMR DAM R3, DIet
+
#Referred items from e-vote last week:  
#*Referred by FTSD while approved by Aff, ArB, SSD SD, abstain by T3SD [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2703/10762/%56%69%72%74%75%61%6c%20%4d%65%64%69%63%61%6c%20%52%65%63%6f%72%64%20%58%4d%4c%20%49%6d%70%6c%65%6d%65%6e%74%61%74%69%6f%6e%20%47%75%69%64%65%20%52%65%6c%65%61%73%65%20%32%20%32%30%31%33%30%38%30%32%2e%64%6f%63 Project Scope Statement] for ''Virtual Medical Record XML Implementable Technology Specification <s>Implementation Guide</s>, Release 2 (US Realm)'', for CDS WG of SSD SD and cosponsored by ITS WG of FTSD at [https://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=1016 Project Insight ID# 1016] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2703 TSC Tracker # 2703]
+
#*Referred by FTSD while approved by Ad-hoc, Affiliate, ArB, SSD SD, abstain by T3SD [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2703/10762/%56%69%72%74%75%61%6c%20%4d%65%64%69%63%61%6c%20%52%65%63%6f%72%64%20%58%4d%4c%20%49%6d%70%6c%65%6d%65%6e%74%61%74%69%6f%6e%20%47%75%69%64%65%20%52%65%6c%65%61%73%65%20%32%20%32%30%31%33%30%38%30%32%2e%64%6f%63 Project Scope Statement] for ''Virtual Medical Record XML Implementable Technology Specification <s>Implementation Guide</s>, Release 2 (US Realm)'', for CDS WG of SSD SD and cosponsored by ITS WG of FTSD at [https://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=1016 Project Insight ID# 1016] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2703 TSC Tracker # 2703]
#*Referred by FTSD while approved by Aff, ArB, SSD SD, abstain by T3SD [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2702/10763/%56%69%72%74%75%61%6c%20%4d%65%64%69%63%61%6c%20%52%65%63%6f%72%64%20%54%65%6d%70%6c%61%74%65%73%20%49%6d%70%6c%65%6d%65%6e%74%61%74%69%6f%6e%20%47%75%69%64%65%20%52%65%6c%65%61%73%65%20%31%5f%32%30%31%33%30%38%30%32%2e%64%6f%63 Project Scope Statement] for ''Virtual Medical Record Templates Process and Implementation Guide, Release 1 (US Realm)'' at [https://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=1030 Project Insight ID# 1030] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2702 TSC Tracker # 2702] for CDS WG of SSD SD and pending confirmation of cosponsorship by Templates WG of FTSD.  
+
#*Referred by FTSD while approved by Ad-hoc, Aff, ArB, SSD SD, abstain by T3SD [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2702/10763/%56%69%72%74%75%61%6c%20%4d%65%64%69%63%61%6c%20%52%65%63%6f%72%64%20%54%65%6d%70%6c%61%74%65%73%20%49%6d%70%6c%65%6d%65%6e%74%61%74%69%6f%6e%20%47%75%69%64%65%20%52%65%6c%65%61%73%65%20%31%5f%32%30%31%33%30%38%30%32%2e%64%6f%63 Project Scope Statement] for ''Virtual Medical Record Templates Process and Implementation Guide, Release 1 (US Realm)'' at [https://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=1030 Project Insight ID# 1030] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2702 TSC Tracker # 2702] for CDS WG of SSD SD and pending confirmation of cosponsorship by Templates WG of FTSD.  
#*Referred by FTSD while approved by Aff, ArB, SSD SD, abstain by T3SD [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2700/10764/%44%65%63%69%73%69%6f%6e%20%53%75%70%70%6f%72%74%20%53%65%72%76%69%63%65%20%49%6d%70%6c%65%6d%65%6e%74%61%74%69%6f%6e%20%47%75%69%64%65%20%50%53%53%20%76%32%30%31%33%30%38%30%32%2e%64%6f%63 Project Scope Statement] for ''Decision Support Service Implementation Guide'' for CDS WG of SSD SD at [https://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=1018 Project Insight ID# 1018] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2700 TSC Tracker # 2700]
+
#*Referred by FTSD while approved by Ad-hoc, Aff, ArB, SSD SD, abstain by T3SD [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2700/10764/%44%65%63%69%73%69%6f%6e%20%53%75%70%70%6f%72%74%20%53%65%72%76%69%63%65%20%49%6d%70%6c%65%6d%65%6e%74%61%74%69%6f%6e%20%47%75%69%64%65%20%50%53%53%20%76%32%30%31%33%30%38%30%32%2e%64%6f%63 Project Scope Statement] for ''Decision Support Service Implementation Guide'' for CDS WG of SSD SD at [https://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=1018 Project Insight ID# 1018] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2700 TSC Tracker # 2700]
#*Referred by FTSD while approved by Aff, ArB, SSD SD, abstain by T3SD [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2704/10761/%50%41%5f%50%53%53%5f%50%61%74%69%65%6e%74%5f%45%6e%63%6f%75%6e%74%65%72%5f%32%30%31%33%30%38%30%32%2e%64%6f%63%78 Project Scope Statement] for ''Patient Encounter Messaging project'' for Patient Administration WG of SSD SD at [https://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=1029 Project Insight ID# 1029] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2704 TSC Tracker # 2704] for a direct-to-Normative ballot
+
#*Referred by FTSD while approved by Ad-hoc, Aff, ArB, SSD SD, abstain by T3SD [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2704/10761/%50%41%5f%50%53%53%5f%50%61%74%69%65%6e%74%5f%45%6e%63%6f%75%6e%74%65%72%5f%32%30%31%33%30%38%30%32%2e%64%6f%63%78 Project Scope Statement] for ''Patient Encounter Messaging project'' for Patient Administration WG of SSD SD at [https://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=1029 Project Insight ID# 1029] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2704 TSC Tracker # 2704] for a direct-to-Normative ballot
#*Approved by Aff, ArB, FTSD, SSD SD, and abstain by T3SD (4/0/1), [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2701/10758/%56%69%72%74%75%61%6c%20%4d%65%64%69%63%61%6c%20%52%65%63%6f%72%64%20%44%6f%6d%61%69%6e%20%41%6e%61%6c%79%73%69%73%20%4d%6f%64%65%6c%20%52%65%6c%65%61%73%65%20%33%20%50%53%53%20%32%2e%64%6f%63 Project Scope Statement] for ''Virtual Medical Record Domain Analysis Model, Release 3'', for CDS of SSD SD at [https://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=1017 Project Insight ID# 1017].  
+
#Approved items from e-vote last week:
#*Approved by Affiliate, ArB, FTSD, SSD SD, T3SD,  (5/0/0), [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2699/10756/%48%4c%37%5f%50%75%62%6c%69%63%61%74%69%6f%6e%5f%52%65%71%75%65%73%74%5f%32%30%31%33%4a%75%6c%5f%76%33%44%41%4d%5f%44%69%65%74%4e%75%74%72%69%74%69%6f%6e%5f%52%32%5f%32%30%31%33%30%38%30%31%2e%64%6f%63%78 DSTU Publication Request] for ''HL7 Version 3 Domain Analysis Model: Diet and Nutrition Orders, Release 2'' at [https://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=974 Project Insight ID# 974] by OO of SSD SD requests publication for 24 months.
+
#*Approved by Ad-hoc, Aff, ArB, FTSD, SSD SD, and abstain by T3SD (4/0/1), [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2701/10758/%56%69%72%74%75%61%6c%20%4d%65%64%69%63%61%6c%20%52%65%63%6f%72%64%20%44%6f%6d%61%69%6e%20%41%6e%61%6c%79%73%69%73%20%4d%6f%64%65%6c%20%52%65%6c%65%61%73%65%20%33%20%50%53%53%20%32%2e%64%6f%63 Project Scope Statement] for ''Virtual Medical Record Domain Analysis Model, Release 3'', for CDS of SSD SD at [https://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=1017 Project Insight ID# 1017].  
 +
#*Approved by Ad-hoc, Affiliate, ArB, FTSD, SSD SD, T3SD,  (6/0/0), [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2699/10756/%48%4c%37%5f%50%75%62%6c%69%63%61%74%69%6f%6e%5f%52%65%71%75%65%73%74%5f%32%30%31%33%4a%75%6c%5f%76%33%44%41%4d%5f%44%69%65%74%4e%75%74%72%69%74%69%6f%6e%5f%52%32%5f%32%30%31%33%30%38%30%31%2e%64%6f%63%78 DSTU Publication Request] for ''HL7 Version 3 Domain Analysis Model: Diet and Nutrition Orders, Release 2'' at [https://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=974 Project Insight ID# 974] by OO of SSD SD requests publication for 24 months.
 
#Approval if needed - OOC ballot request for CDS ballots deferred from September regular ballot cycle at [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2707 TSC Tracker # 2707].
 
#Approval if needed - OOC ballot request for CDS ballots deferred from September regular ballot cycle at [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2707 TSC Tracker # 2707].
 
<!--  Management      -->
 
<!--  Management      -->
Line 88: Line 90:
 
#Discussion topics:  
 
#Discussion topics:  
 
#Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
 
#Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
<!-- #WGM Planning - -->
+
#*BAM task force
 +
#*TRAC
 +
#*Status of Ballot quality plans from ballot/reconciliation "mining"
 +
#WGM Planning -
 +
#*Steering Division project reviews
 
#[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemBrowse&tracker_id=313 Open Issues List]
 
#[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemBrowse&tracker_id=313 Open Issues List]
  
 
===Minutes===
 
===Minutes===
'''Minutes/Conclusions Reached:'''<br/>
+
'''Minutes/Conclusions Reached:'''<br/> convened at 11:01 AM
 
+
#Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests) Brian Pech on the call and David Susanto on the GTM
 +
#Agenda review and approval - Austin Kreisler; reorder for Management first. Approved by general consent
 +
#Approve Minutes of [[2013-08-05 TSC Call Agenda]] unanimously approved
 +
#John, Mead join
 +
====Management====
 +
#Update from TSC US Realm Task Force
 +
#*Austin reviews status; have convened once and scheduled ongoing meetings. Also assembled content review team, who may meet as early as tomorrow and might have recommendations at that time. 
 +
<!--    Management      -->
 +
<!--    Approvals  -->
 +
#Approval items for e-vote this week:
 +
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2705/10770/%48%4c%37%5f%50%75%62%6c%69%63%61%74%69%6f%6e%5f%52%65%71%75%65%73%74%5f%50%43%5f%50%72%65%73%73%75%72%65%55%6c%63%65%72%50%72%65%76%65%6e%74%69%6f%6e%5f%32%30%31%33%62%2e%64%6f%63%78 Informative Publication Request] for ''Pressure Ulcer Prevention Domain Analysis Model Informative Release 1'', for Patient Care WG of DESD for publication as an informative document and registration with ANSI as a technical document. See [https://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=745 Project Insight ID# 745] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2705 TSC Tracker # 2705]
 +
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2614/10703/%48%4c%37%5f%50%75%62%6c%69%63%61%74%69%6f%6e%5f%52%65%71%75%65%73%74%5f%32%30%31%33%4a%61%6e%5f%50%61%74%69%65%6e%74%5f%52%65%67%69%73%74%72%79%2e%64%6f%63%78 DSTU Publication Request] for ''HL7 Version 3 Standard:Patient Administration; Patient Registry, Release 1'', for Patient Administration WG of SSD SD for 12 months - See [https://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=576 Project Insight ID# 576] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2614 TSC Tracker # 2614]
 +
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2695/10728/%48%4c%37%5f%50%75%62%6c%69%63%61%74%69%6f%6e%5f%52%65%71%75%65%73%74%5f%32%30%31%33%4a%61%6e%5f%50%65%72%73%6f%6e%5f%52%65%67%69%73%74%72%79%2e%64%6f%63%78 DSTU Publication Request] for ''HL7 Version 3 Standard: Patient Administration, DSTU Release 2; Person Registry, Release 1'', for Patient Administration WG of SSD SD for 12 months - See [https://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=576 Project Insight ID# 576] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2695 TSC Tracker # 2695]
 +
#:
 +
<!--      -->
 +
#Referred items from e-vote last week:
 +
#*Referred by FTSD while approved by Ad-hoc, Affiliate, ArB, SSD SD, abstain by T3SD [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2703/10762/%56%69%72%74%75%61%6c%20%4d%65%64%69%63%61%6c%20%52%65%63%6f%72%64%20%58%4d%4c%20%49%6d%70%6c%65%6d%65%6e%74%61%74%69%6f%6e%20%47%75%69%64%65%20%52%65%6c%65%61%73%65%20%32%20%32%30%31%33%30%38%30%32%2e%64%6f%63 Project Scope Statement] for ''Virtual Medical Record XML Implementable Technology Specification <s>Implementation Guide</s>, Release 2 (US Realm)'', for CDS WG of SSD SD and cosponsored by ITS WG of FTSD at [https://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=1016 Project Insight ID# 1016] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2703 TSC Tracker # 2703]
 +
#**Concerns were referred in the email from Tony.
 +
#*Referred by FTSD while approved by Ad-hoc, Aff, ArB, SSD SD, abstain by T3SD [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2702/10763/%56%69%72%74%75%61%6c%20%4d%65%64%69%63%61%6c%20%52%65%63%6f%72%64%20%54%65%6d%70%6c%61%74%65%73%20%49%6d%70%6c%65%6d%65%6e%74%61%74%69%6f%6e%20%47%75%69%64%65%20%52%65%6c%65%61%73%65%20%31%5f%32%30%31%33%30%38%30%32%2e%64%6f%63 Project Scope Statement] for ''Virtual Medical Record Templates Process and Implementation Guide, Release 1 (US Realm)'' at [https://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=1030 Project Insight ID# 1030] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2702 TSC Tracker # 2702] for CDS WG of SSD SD and pending confirmation of cosponsorship by Templates WG of FTSD.
 +
#*Referred by FTSD while approved by Ad-hoc, Aff, ArB, SSD SD, abstain by T3SD [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2700/10764/%44%65%63%69%73%69%6f%6e%20%53%75%70%70%6f%72%74%20%53%65%72%76%69%63%65%20%49%6d%70%6c%65%6d%65%6e%74%61%74%69%6f%6e%20%47%75%69%64%65%20%50%53%53%20%76%32%30%31%33%30%38%30%32%2e%64%6f%63 Project Scope Statement] for ''Decision Support Service Implementation Guide'' for CDS WG of SSD SD at [https://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=1018 Project Insight ID# 1018] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2700 TSC Tracker # 2700]
 +
#*Referred by FTSD while approved by Ad-hoc, Aff, ArB, SSD SD, abstain by T3SD [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2704/10761/%50%41%5f%50%53%53%5f%50%61%74%69%65%6e%74%5f%45%6e%63%6f%75%6e%74%65%72%5f%32%30%31%33%30%38%30%32%2e%64%6f%63%78 Project Scope Statement] for ''Patient Encounter Messaging project'' for Patient Administration WG of SSD SD at [https://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=1029 Project Insight ID# 1029] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2704 TSC Tracker # 2704] for a direct-to-Normative ballot
 +
#**Narrative suggests new or revised content, while project intent is "Reaffirmation"; this is an error on the PSS and should be revised.
 +
#*'''Motion: '''Woody moves setting these CDS projects aside to refer to the Task Force for their recommendation.. Freida seconds. '''Vote: '''Unanimously approved.
 +
#* '''Motion: ''' Woody further recommends acceptance of the PA Messaging with the changes to the reaffirmation ballot intent to create new standard. Pat seconds. '''Vote: '''Unanimously  approved.
 +
#Approved items from e-vote last week:
 +
#*Approved by Ad-hoc, Aff, ArB, FTSD, SSD SD, and abstain by T3SD (4/0/1), [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2701/10758/%56%69%72%74%75%61%6c%20%4d%65%64%69%63%61%6c%20%52%65%63%6f%72%64%20%44%6f%6d%61%69%6e%20%41%6e%61%6c%79%73%69%73%20%4d%6f%64%65%6c%20%52%65%6c%65%61%73%65%20%33%20%50%53%53%20%32%2e%64%6f%63 Project Scope Statement] for ''Virtual Medical Record Domain Analysis Model, Release 3'', for CDS of SSD SD at [https://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=1017 Project Insight ID# 1017].
 +
#*Approved by Ad-hoc, Affiliate, ArB, FTSD, SSD SD, T3SD,  (6/0/0), [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2699/10756/%48%4c%37%5f%50%75%62%6c%69%63%61%74%69%6f%6e%5f%52%65%71%75%65%73%74%5f%32%30%31%33%4a%75%6c%5f%76%33%44%41%4d%5f%44%69%65%74%4e%75%74%72%69%74%69%6f%6e%5f%52%32%5f%32%30%31%33%30%38%30%31%2e%64%6f%63%78 DSTU Publication Request] for ''HL7 Version 3 Domain Analysis Model: Diet and Nutrition Orders, Release 2'' at [https://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=974 Project Insight ID# 974] by OO of SSD SD requests publication for 24 months.
 +
#Approval if needed - OOC ballot request for CDS ballots deferred from September regular ballot cycle at [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2707 TSC Tracker # 2707].
 +
#*Austin discussed with Don last week on which items would be referred in which ballot. Don needs to create an announcement with a tentative ballot open date for the CDS items. If there's a major refactoring of content leading to more or less items for ballot how will that relate to the original announcement and its 30-day requirements. If the scope change results in a larger number of artifacts it has to ballot under the original ballot item. Lorraine adds that dividing process from implementation guide is another area.
 +
#*DSTU content doesn't risk ANSI problems if we petition EC for an exception to notification rules. Don is comfortable with leaving these as delayed ballot openings rather than OOC ballots. Defer to next week.
 +
<!--  Management      -->
 +
#Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
 +
#*BAM task force met last week and brainstormed on potential organizational restructuring. Single governance board spanning product families discussed.
 +
#*TRAC - Pat reports they are meeting weekly and this week will start working on report for September meeting. Looking at risks surfaced from these recent CDS projects.
 +
#*Status of Ballot quality plans from ballot/reconciliation "mining" - groups need to get together to review the results
 +
====Governance====
 +
<!--  Governance      -->
 +
<!--  Discussion  -->
 +
#Discussion topics:
 +
#*FMG has lost a member in Jean Duteau. Does the TSC wish to solicit recommendations from DESD (FGB's next meeting is the 20th)? Austin suggests FGB and FMG consider processes for providing recommendations to TSC. Lorraine notes that the mix of skillsets and their augmentation is a consideration.
 +
#*GOM Revision Cycle 1305 [http://lists.hl7.org/read/messages?id=236564 Peer Review] 07/19 - 08/18/2013
 +
#**WI13050005 is unsuitable for ANSI audit; not all WGs use the teller process with e-vote and often conduct their vote on a conference call. '''Motion: ''' Place this in DMP as recommendation instead of GOM. Freida moves and Woody seconds. '''Vote: '''Unanimously approved. Action item: Freida will write up the change request.
 +
#**Another area on requests for written interpretation was a prior concern. AAWI011 also needs to be amended for section 15 line 20 to "in writing on paper to HL7 Headquarters" to separate the requests from those that might come to a help desk. Fax is accepted as printed form on paper, points out Woody, in terms of signed contracts but not necessary to include explicitly in the GOM.
 +
#**Terminology of line 18 for "existing or proposed" HL7 ANS is potentially confusing, perhaps use existing HL7 ANS or PINS (spelled out). '''Motion: '''Woody moves and Freida seconds these two changes to lines 18 and 20. Unanimously approved. Action item: Freida will write up the change request.
 +
#**There being little time left, Austin refers any further comments to the TRAC call on Wednesday.
 +
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/docmanfileversion/7467/10802/%47%75%69%64%61%6e%63%65%2d%74%6f%2d%57%6f%72%6b%2d%47%72%6f%75%70%73%2d%6f%6e%2d%44%53%54%55%2d%55%70%64%61%74%65%73%2e%64%6f%63%78 Guidance on DSTU update vs reballot] TSC members look at this and we'll discuss next week. We want to make WGs aware they can do an unballoted update on a DSTU.
 +
#Defer to next week: WGM Planning -
 +
#*Steering Division project reviews
 +
Adjourned at 12:00 PM
  
'''''Please don't forget to hang up from the conference call '' (VOIP users)'''
 
 
===Next Steps===
 
===Next Steps===
 
{|border="1" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0"  
 
{|border="1" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0"  
 
|-
 
|-
 
|colspan="4" |'''Actions''' ''(Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)''<br/>
 
|colspan="4" |'''Actions''' ''(Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)''<br/>
* .
+
*Freida will write up the change requests for the GOM peer review.
 +
* ballot/reconciliation "mining" - groups need to get together to review the results
 
|-
 
|-
 
|colspan="4" |'''Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items'''<br/>
 
|colspan="4" |'''Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items'''<br/>

Latest revision as of 16:24, 19 August 2013

TSC Agenda/Minutes

Meeting Info/Attendees

Standing Conference Calls

TSC will hold a Conference Call at 11AM Eastern time, each Monday except during scheduled face-to-face Working Group Meetings unless otherwise noted at TSC_Minutes_and_Agendas.

GoToMeeting at https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/426505829 using VOIP
For those without access to microphone/speakers:
US: +1 (224)501-3318
Canada: +1 (647)497-9379
Italy: +39 0 230 57 81 80
Access Code: 426-505-829
GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829
HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
GoToMeeting ID: 273-848-837

Date: 2013-08-12
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Austin Kreisler Note taker(s): Lynn Laakso
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented yes
Chair/CTO ArB International Affiliate Rep Ad-Hoc
x Austin Kreisler . Ron Parker x Jean Duteau x Ken McCaslin
x John Quinn x Lorraine Constable .
Domain Experts Foundation and Technology Structure and Semantic Design Technical and Support Services
regrets Melva Peters x Woody Beeler x Calvin Beebe x Freida Hall
x Mead Walker regrets Tony Julian x Pat van Dyke x Andy Stechishin
ex officio Invited Guests Observers HL7 Staff
. Don Mon (HL7 Chair) w/vote . GTM David Susanto x Lynn Laakso
. Bob Dolin (Vice Chair) vote . . x Brian Pech .
. Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote . . . .

Agenda

Housekeeping

  1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
  2. Agenda review and approval - Austin Kreisler
  3. Approve Minutes of 2013-08-05 TSC Call Agenda

Governance

  1. Approval items:
  2. Discussion topics:

Management

  1. Update from TSC US Realm Task Force
  2. Approval items for e-vote this week:
  3. Referred items from e-vote last week:
  4. Approved items from e-vote last week:
  5. Approval if needed - OOC ballot request for CDS ballots deferred from September regular ballot cycle at TSC Tracker # 2707.
  6. Discussion topics:
  7. Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
    • BAM task force
    • TRAC
    • Status of Ballot quality plans from ballot/reconciliation "mining"
  8. WGM Planning -
    • Steering Division project reviews
  9. Open Issues List

Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:
convened at 11:01 AM

  1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests) Brian Pech on the call and David Susanto on the GTM
  2. Agenda review and approval - Austin Kreisler; reorder for Management first. Approved by general consent
  3. Approve Minutes of 2013-08-05 TSC Call Agenda unanimously approved
  4. John, Mead join

Management

  1. Update from TSC US Realm Task Force
    • Austin reviews status; have convened once and scheduled ongoing meetings. Also assembled content review team, who may meet as early as tomorrow and might have recommendations at that time.
  2. Approval items for e-vote this week:
  3. Referred items from e-vote last week:
    • Referred by FTSD while approved by Ad-hoc, Affiliate, ArB, SSD SD, abstain by T3SD Project Scope Statement for Virtual Medical Record XML Implementable Technology Specification Implementation Guide, Release 2 (US Realm), for CDS WG of SSD SD and cosponsored by ITS WG of FTSD at Project Insight ID# 1016 and TSC Tracker # 2703
      • Concerns were referred in the email from Tony.
    • Referred by FTSD while approved by Ad-hoc, Aff, ArB, SSD SD, abstain by T3SD Project Scope Statement for Virtual Medical Record Templates Process and Implementation Guide, Release 1 (US Realm) at Project Insight ID# 1030 and TSC Tracker # 2702 for CDS WG of SSD SD and pending confirmation of cosponsorship by Templates WG of FTSD.
    • Referred by FTSD while approved by Ad-hoc, Aff, ArB, SSD SD, abstain by T3SD Project Scope Statement for Decision Support Service Implementation Guide for CDS WG of SSD SD at Project Insight ID# 1018 and TSC Tracker # 2700
    • Referred by FTSD while approved by Ad-hoc, Aff, ArB, SSD SD, abstain by T3SD Project Scope Statement for Patient Encounter Messaging project for Patient Administration WG of SSD SD at Project Insight ID# 1029 and TSC Tracker # 2704 for a direct-to-Normative ballot
      • Narrative suggests new or revised content, while project intent is "Reaffirmation"; this is an error on the PSS and should be revised.
    • Motion: Woody moves setting these CDS projects aside to refer to the Task Force for their recommendation.. Freida seconds. Vote: Unanimously approved.
    • Motion: Woody further recommends acceptance of the PA Messaging with the changes to the reaffirmation ballot intent to create new standard. Pat seconds. Vote: Unanimously approved.
  4. Approved items from e-vote last week:
  5. Approval if needed - OOC ballot request for CDS ballots deferred from September regular ballot cycle at TSC Tracker # 2707.
    • Austin discussed with Don last week on which items would be referred in which ballot. Don needs to create an announcement with a tentative ballot open date for the CDS items. If there's a major refactoring of content leading to more or less items for ballot how will that relate to the original announcement and its 30-day requirements. If the scope change results in a larger number of artifacts it has to ballot under the original ballot item. Lorraine adds that dividing process from implementation guide is another area.
    • DSTU content doesn't risk ANSI problems if we petition EC for an exception to notification rules. Don is comfortable with leaving these as delayed ballot openings rather than OOC ballots. Defer to next week.
  6. Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
    • BAM task force met last week and brainstormed on potential organizational restructuring. Single governance board spanning product families discussed.
    • TRAC - Pat reports they are meeting weekly and this week will start working on report for September meeting. Looking at risks surfaced from these recent CDS projects.
    • Status of Ballot quality plans from ballot/reconciliation "mining" - groups need to get together to review the results

Governance

  1. Discussion topics:
    • FMG has lost a member in Jean Duteau. Does the TSC wish to solicit recommendations from DESD (FGB's next meeting is the 20th)? Austin suggests FGB and FMG consider processes for providing recommendations to TSC. Lorraine notes that the mix of skillsets and their augmentation is a consideration.
    • GOM Revision Cycle 1305 Peer Review 07/19 - 08/18/2013
      • WI13050005 is unsuitable for ANSI audit; not all WGs use the teller process with e-vote and often conduct their vote on a conference call. Motion: Place this in DMP as recommendation instead of GOM. Freida moves and Woody seconds. Vote: Unanimously approved. Action item: Freida will write up the change request.
      • Another area on requests for written interpretation was a prior concern. AAWI011 also needs to be amended for section 15 line 20 to "in writing on paper to HL7 Headquarters" to separate the requests from those that might come to a help desk. Fax is accepted as printed form on paper, points out Woody, in terms of signed contracts but not necessary to include explicitly in the GOM.
      • Terminology of line 18 for "existing or proposed" HL7 ANS is potentially confusing, perhaps use existing HL7 ANS or PINS (spelled out). Motion: Woody moves and Freida seconds these two changes to lines 18 and 20. Unanimously approved. Action item: Freida will write up the change request.
      • There being little time left, Austin refers any further comments to the TRAC call on Wednesday.
    • Guidance on DSTU update vs reballot TSC members look at this and we'll discuss next week. We want to make WGs aware they can do an unballoted update on a DSTU.
  2. Defer to next week: WGM Planning -
    • Steering Division project reviews

Adjourned at 12:00 PM

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • Freida will write up the change requests for the GOM peer review.
  • ballot/reconciliation "mining" - groups need to get together to review the results
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


© 2013 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.