Difference between revisions of "2013-08-05 TSC Call Minutes"

From HL7 TSC
Jump to navigation Jump to search
 
(2 intermediate revisions by the same user not shown)
Line 3: Line 3:
  
 
===Meeting Info/Attendees===
 
===Meeting Info/Attendees===
{{:TSC Meetings}}
+
   [[Category:2013 TSC Minutes]]
   [[Category:2013 TSC Minutes|Agenda Template]]
 
  
 
{|border="1" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0"  
 
{|border="1" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0"  
Line 22: Line 21:
 
|colspan="2"|Chair/CTO ||colspan="2"|ArB ||colspan="2"|International Affiliate Rep ||colspan="2"|Ad-Hoc
 
|colspan="2"|Chair/CTO ||colspan="2"|ArB ||colspan="2"|International Affiliate Rep ||colspan="2"|Ad-Hoc
 
|-
 
|-
|.||Austin Kreisler||.||Ron Parker||.|| Jean Duteau||.||Ken McCaslin
+
|x||Austin Kreisler||.||Ron Parker||x|| Jean Duteau||.||Ken McCaslin
 
|-
 
|-
|.||John Quinn ||regrets||Lorraine Constable||.|| ||
+
|x||John Quinn ||X||Lorraine Constable||.|| ||
  
 
|-
 
|-
Line 33: Line 32:
  
 
|-
 
|-
|regrets||Melva Peters||.||Woody Beeler||.||Calvin Beebe||.||Freida Hall
+
|regrets||Melva Peters||x||Woody Beeler||x||Calvin Beebe||x||Freida Hall
 
|-
 
|-
|.||Mead Walker||.||Tony Julian||.||Pat van Dyke||.||Andy Stechishin
+
|x||Mead Walker||x||Tony Julian||x||Pat van Dyke||x||Andy Stechishin
 
|-
 
|-
 
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|''ex officio''
 
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|''ex officio''
Line 42: Line 41:
 
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|HL7 Staff
 
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|HL7 Staff
 
|-
 
|-
|.||Don Mon (HL7 Chair) w/vote||.|| ||.||''obs1''||.||Lynn Laakso
+
|.||Don Mon (HL7 Chair) w/vote||x||Ken Kawamoto, CDS ||x||Paul Knapp||x||Lynn Laakso
 
|-
 
|-
|.||Bob Dolin (Vice Chair) <s>vote</s>||.||.||.||''obs2''||.||
+
|.||Bob Dolin (Vice Chair) <s>vote</s>||x|| David Shields ||x||Victor Lee ||.||
 
|-
 
|-
 
|.||Chuck Jaffe (CEO) <s> vote</s>
 
|.||Chuck Jaffe (CEO) <s> vote</s>
 +
|x||Howard Strasberg, CDS
 +
|x||Brian Pech, Aziz Boxwala
 
|.||
 
|.||
|.||.
+
|-
|.||
+
| || || || ||x ||Joe Bormelo, David Susanto
 
|-
 
|-
 
|colspan="3" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|
 
|colspan="3" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|
Line 58: Line 59:
 
#Agenda review and approval - Austin Kreisler
 
#Agenda review and approval - Austin Kreisler
 
#Approve Minutes of [[2013-07-29 TSC Call Agenda]]
 
#Approve Minutes of [[2013-07-29 TSC Call Agenda]]
 +
#TSC Election results: congratulations to the election winners
 +
#*Domain Experts – John Roberts
 +
#*Foundation and Technology– Woody Beeler
 +
#*Structure & Semantic Design – Calvin Beebe
 +
#*Tech & Support Services – Freida Hall
 +
#*Affiliate rep – Giorgio Cangioli
 
====Management====
 
====Management====
 
<!--  Management      -->
 
<!--  Management      -->
Line 93: Line 100:
 
===Minutes===
 
===Minutes===
 
'''Minutes/Conclusions Reached:'''<br/>
 
'''Minutes/Conclusions Reached:'''<br/>
 +
Austin convenes at 11:04 AM with review of voting membership and rules
 +
#Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests), CDS cochairs Ken K, David S, and Howard S; ITS cochair Paul Knapp, observers Victor Lee, Brian Pech, Aziz Boxwala, Joe Bormel, David Susanto, Michael Wittie
 +
#Agenda review and approval - Austin Kreisler - approved by general consent
 +
#Approve Minutes of [[2013-07-29 TSC Call Agenda]] unanimously approved.
 +
#TSC Election results: congratulations to the election winners
 +
#*Domain Experts – John Roberts
 +
#*Foundation and Technology– Woody Beeler
 +
#*Structure & Semantic Design – Calvin Beebe
 +
#*Tech & Support Services – Freida Hall
 +
#*Affiliate rep – Giorgio Cangioli
 +
====Management====
 +
<!--  Management      -->
 +
<!--  Discussion  -->
 +
#Discussion topics:
 +
#*Plan for CDS projects (15 mins)
 +
#**Austin recounts the email summary of the task force discussion. Steps include
 +
#***Making most of the relevant CDS projects US Realm specific DSTU projects, approved by the Steering Division as such on Friday's call
 +
#***Starting projects to develop the universal versions of these proposed standards, sponsored by the appropriate work groups (such as ITS), and
 +
#***Quickly setting up a content review groups to review about half a dozen proposed CDS standards to identify how to change them to better conform with HL7 development methodology
 +
#*** Establish a project to provide project management services on the HL7 side to make sure all US Realm related projects are on schedule and making important milestones like project approvals, ballot deadlines, etc. We want to avoid having any of the other numerous US Ream projects from blowing up in our face like this again.
 +
#**Foundation and Technology Steering Division(FTSD) does not believe that ''HL7 Implementation Guide: XML Implementation for Virtual Medical Record, Release 1'' should be released or balloted as a DSTU prior to necessary coordination between the proponent groups and FTSD Work Groups CGIT, ITS, MNM and Templates as well as ARB.
 +
#**CDS wishes to publish this quickly.
 +
#**Woody notes they are concerned about balloting the R2 before having a chance to meet in Cambridge. R1 publishing before they ballot R2 is appropriate but the datatypes R2 validity is suspect. Why publish an R1 by HL7 when we know there is significant change to R2. Friday Ken notes that Jacob Rieder of ONC clarified timelines to publish sometime in October, so the off-cycle ballot would accommodate that timeline to publish the R2 ballot material as R1 without publishing the R1 ballot material. Austin would like to have the content review team look at it and make a recommendation back to the TSC.
 +
#**'''Motion: '''Calvin moves and Andy seconds endorsement of the plan for the CDS projects and formation of task force. '''Vote: '''Unanimously approved.
 +
#**Uncertainty of MnM participation regarding to FHIR expressed. Jean Duteau volunteered and will wear his hat as MnM cochair and represent Datatypes as well as FHIR methodology interests. Ken asks about the timelines for engaging to move quickly for content deadlines at the end of the month. Ken has created a doodle poll for participation and will wait for instruction.
 +
#**Related project scope statement approvals for CDS - Calvin notes they were reviewed and changes made-  approvals contingent on objections from the cochairs' review. Discussion of the vMR terminology reviewed. Austin proposes an e-vote this week allowing for tweaks to the name
 +
#***[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2703/10762/%56%69%72%74%75%61%6c%20%4d%65%64%69%63%61%6c%20%52%65%63%6f%72%64%20%58%4d%4c%20%49%6d%70%6c%65%6d%65%6e%74%61%74%69%6f%6e%20%47%75%69%64%65%20%52%65%6c%65%61%73%65%20%32%20%32%30%31%33%30%38%30%32%2e%64%6f%63 Project Scope Statement] for ''Virtual Medical Record XML Implementation Guide, Release 2 (US Realm), for CDS WG of SSD SD and cosponsored by ITS WG of FTSD at Project Insight # 1016 and TSC Tracker 2703
 +
#***[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2702/10763/%56%69%72%74%75%61%6c%20%4d%65%64%69%63%61%6c%20%52%65%63%6f%72%64%20%54%65%6d%70%6c%61%74%65%73%20%49%6d%70%6c%65%6d%65%6e%74%61%74%69%6f%6e%20%47%75%69%64%65%20%52%65%6c%65%61%73%65%20%31%5f%32%30%31%33%30%38%30%32%2e%64%6f%63 Project Scope Statement] for ''Virtual Medical Record Templates Process and Implementation Guide, Release 1 (US Realm)'' at Project Insight # 1030 and TSC Tracker # 2702 for CDS WG of SSD SD and pending confirmation of cosponsorship by Templates WG of FTSD.
 +
#***[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2701/10758/%56%69%72%74%75%61%6c%20%4d%65%64%69%63%61%6c%20%52%65%63%6f%72%64%20%44%6f%6d%61%69%6e%20%41%6e%61%6c%79%73%69%73%20%4d%6f%64%65%6c%20%52%65%6c%65%61%73%65%20%33%20%50%53%53%20%32%2e%64%6f%63 Project Scope Statement] for ''Virtual Medical Record Domain Analysis Model, Release 3'', for CDS of SSD SD at Project Insight 1017.
 +
#***[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2700/10764/%44%65%63%69%73%69%6f%6e%20%53%75%70%70%6f%72%74%20%53%65%72%76%69%63%65%20%49%6d%70%6c%65%6d%65%6e%74%61%74%69%6f%6e%20%47%75%69%64%65%20%50%53%53%20%76%32%30%31%33%30%38%30%32%2e%64%6f%63 Project Scope Statement] for ''Decision Support Service Implementation Guide (US Realm)'' for CDS WG of SSD SD with SOA as cosponsor at Project Insight # 1018 and TSC Tracker # 2700
 +
<!--    Management      -->
 +
<!--    Approvals  -->
 +
#Approval items:
 +
#*Referred to discussion from e-vote:
 +
#**ArB [http://www.hl7.org/documentcenter/public/wg/arb/AB%20Mission%2020130709.docx mission and charter] statement approval
 +
#*** Freida's comments reviewed. Lorraine notes that Ron was content to comply with her suggestions. Tony will send the updated version to Lynn today. Lorraine moves approval with these changes seconded by Freida and unanimously approved.
 +
#**[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2693/10718/%48%4c%37%20%50%72%6f%6a%65%63%74%20%53%63%6f%70%65%20%53%74%61%74%65%6d%65%6e%74%20%76%32%30%31%33%20%31%5f%52%50%53%2e%64%6f%63 Normative ballot Request] for ''Regulated Product Submission Release 2 (RPS 2)'' by RCRIM of DESD at [https://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=539 # 539] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2693&start=0 TSC Tracker # 2693];
 +
#***Jean notes that there are problems with their model with DSTU comments that were rejected. Issues raised on the model from the RCRIM list were not addressed and the commenter "gave up". He seeks confirmation from the project and its modeler that the changes requested will not be ignored. Need to understand also that they will not neglect to update the model so that they will not break existing implications, notes Woody and that they will go from ITS 1 to ITS 2 and not 2B. Andy points out that if they intended to use the R2B ITS they would need authorization from the TSC to use the wire-format compatible standards. Jean has voted negative and would like to see this project blocked from balloting normative at this time without these assurances and confirmation from WG that they will address negatives from the DSTU and were postponed to the normative release.
 +
#***Calvin moves approval with caveat that the committee is notified that the negatives from the DSTU cannot be ignored in the normative ballot; Woody seconds and offers amendment that the committee should consider negative votes rejected as part of the DSTU, backwards compatibility to prior implementations are not considered valid reason to reject negative votes. Unanimously approved. Jean volunteers to write that up. Austin suggests he work with Mead on that.
 +
#*For vote on today's call:
 +
#**Project approvals contingent on objections from the cochairs' review
 +
#***move to e-vote [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2703/10762/%56%69%72%74%75%61%6c%20%4d%65%64%69%63%61%6c%20%52%65%63%6f%72%64%20%58%4d%4c%20%49%6d%70%6c%65%6d%65%6e%74%61%74%69%6f%6e%20%47%75%69%64%65%20%52%65%6c%65%61%73%65%20%32%20%32%30%31%33%30%38%30%32%2e%64%6f%63 Project Scope Statement] for ''Virtual Medical Record XML Implementation Guide, Release 2 (US Realm), for CDS WG of SSD SD and cosponsored by ITS WG of FTSD at Project Insight # 1016 and TSC Tracker 2703
 +
#*** move to e-vote [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2702/10763/%56%69%72%74%75%61%6c%20%4d%65%64%69%63%61%6c%20%52%65%63%6f%72%64%20%54%65%6d%70%6c%61%74%65%73%20%49%6d%70%6c%65%6d%65%6e%74%61%74%69%6f%6e%20%47%75%69%64%65%20%52%65%6c%65%61%73%65%20%31%5f%32%30%31%33%30%38%30%32%2e%64%6f%63 Project Scope Statement] for ''Virtual Medical Record Templates Process and Implementation Guide, Release 1 (US Realm)'' at Project Insight # 1030 and TSC Tracker # 2702 for CDS WG of SSD SD and pending confirmation of cosponsorship by Templates WG of FTSD.
 +
#*** move to e-vote [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2701/10758/%56%69%72%74%75%61%6c%20%4d%65%64%69%63%61%6c%20%52%65%63%6f%72%64%20%44%6f%6d%61%69%6e%20%41%6e%61%6c%79%73%69%73%20%4d%6f%64%65%6c%20%52%65%6c%65%61%73%65%20%33%20%50%53%53%20%32%2e%64%6f%63 Project Scope Statement] for ''Virtual Medical Record Domain Analysis Model, Release 3'', for CDS of SSD SD at Project Insight 1017.
 +
#*** move to e-vote [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2700/10764/%44%65%63%69%73%69%6f%6e%20%53%75%70%70%6f%72%74%20%53%65%72%76%69%63%65%20%49%6d%70%6c%65%6d%65%6e%74%61%74%69%6f%6e%20%47%75%69%64%65%20%50%53%53%20%76%32%30%31%33%30%38%30%32%2e%64%6f%63 Project Scope Statement] for ''Decision Support Service Implementation Guide for CDS WG of SSD SD at Project Insight # 1018 and TSC Tracker # 2700
 +
#*** move to e-vote [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2699/10756/%48%4c%37%5f%50%75%62%6c%69%63%61%74%69%6f%6e%5f%52%65%71%75%65%73%74%5f%32%30%31%33%4a%75%6c%5f%76%33%44%41%4d%5f%44%69%65%74%4e%75%74%72%69%74%69%6f%6e%5f%52%32%5f%32%30%31%33%30%38%30%31%2e%64%6f%63%78 DSTU Publication Request] for ''HL7 Version 3 Domain Analysis Model: Diet and Nutrition Orders, Release 2 at Project Insight #974 by OO of SSD SD requests publication for 24 months.
 +
#*** move to e-vote [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2704/10761/%50%41%5f%50%53%53%5f%50%61%74%69%65%6e%74%5f%45%6e%63%6f%75%6e%74%65%72%5f%32%30%31%33%30%38%30%32%2e%64%6f%63%78 Project Scope Statement] for 'Patient Encounter Messaging project'' for Patient Administration WG of SSD SD at Project Insight # 1029 and TSC Tracker # 2704 for a direct-to-Normative ballot
 +
#***CDS projects as approved on Friday's SSD SD call.
 +
#**Permitting project approval and ballot with joint copyright agreement pending corporate legal review; see [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2664/10617/%50%53%53%5f%66%6f%72%5f%4c%4f%49%4e%43%5f%43%6c%69%6e%69%63%61%6c%5f%44%6f%63%75%6d%65%6e%74%5f%4f%6e%74%6f%6c%6f%67%79%5f%76%30%39%5f%32%30%31%33%30%36%32%31%2e%64%6f%63 project scope statement] for ''HL7 LOINC Clinical Document Ontology'' for SDWG of SSD SD and cosponsored by Vocabulary WG of FTSD at [https://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=1022 Project Insight ID# 1022] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2664&start=0 TSC Tracker # 2664]
 +
#***Austin received understanding from Karen that the progress with Regenstrief is sufficient for her comfort in proceeding to ballot. Woody moves approval seconded by Pat. Unanimously approved.
 +
#**2013September [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2685/10767/%32%30%31%33%53%65%70%20%62%61%6c%6c%6f%74%20%54%53%43%20%41%70%70%72%6f%76%61%6c%20%4c%69%73%74%32%30%31%33%30%38%30%35%2e%64%6f%63%78 ballot list] (Content deadline passed yesterday August 4)
 +
#***Although QDM HQMF has passed DSTU R1 and didn't publish, and now balloting DSTU update. It's odd, but allowable. HQMF requirements are changing and they are accommodating.
 +
#***SECPRONT going back to second round of normative balloting - changes to R1 are unknown, if they've made substantive change.
 +
#***'''Motion:  '''Calvin moves approval of [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2685/10768/%32%30%31%33%53%65%70%20%62%61%6c%6c%6f%74%20%54%53%43%20%41%70%70%72%6f%76%61%6c%20%4c%69%73%74%32%30%31%33%30%38%30%35%5f%66%69%6e%61%6c%2e%64%6f%63%78 package with changes documented]. Andy seconds. '''Vote: ''' unanimously approved.
 +
#*From e-vote last week (Affiliate, ArB, DESD, FTSD, T3SD voting):
 +
#**'''Vote:''' 5 Affirm for [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2690/10715/%32%30%31%33%53%45%50%5f%50%53%53%5f%43%49%43%5f%4c%79%6c%65%52%79%61%6e%5f%45%4d%53%49%6e%66%6f%4d%6f%64%65%6c%49%6e%74%65%72%6f%70%53%70%65%63%73%5f%4e%6f%72%6d%4e%6f%74%69%66%79%2e%64%6f%63 Normative ballot Request] for "Emergency Medical Services Constrained Information Model & Interoperability Specifications" balloting ''HL7 Implementation Guide for CDA® Release 2 - Level 3: Emergency Medical Services; Patient Care Report, Release 1 - US Realm'' this cycle from [https://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=677 Project Insight# 677] by  CIC of DESD and cosponsored by Patient Care, Emergency Care and PHER at [http://gfor5e.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2690&start=0 TSC Tracker # 2690]
 +
#**'''Vote:''' 4 Affirm for [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2692/10716/%68%44%61%74%61%20%48%4c%37%20%50%72%6f%6a%65%63%74%20%53%63%6f%70%65%20%53%74%61%74%65%6d%65%6e%74%20%66%6f%72%20%4e%6f%72%6d%61%74%69%76%65%20%62%61%6c%6c%6f%74%2e%64%6f%63 Normative ballot Request] for ''HL7 hData Record Format'' BY SOA of FTSD cosponsored by ITS at [https://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=783 PI# 783] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2692&start=0 TSC Tracker # 2692]
 +
#**'''Vote:''' 4 Affirm, 1 abstain for [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2694/10720/%48%4c%37%20%50%53%53%20%76%32%30%31%33%20%31%20%43%6f%6e%66%69%64%65%6e%74%69%61%6c%69%74%79%43%6f%64%65%20%52%65%66%61%63%74%6f%72%69%6e%67%20%66%6f%72%20%48%43%53%20%4e%6f%72%6d%61%74%69%76%65%2e%64%6f%63 Normative ballot approval] for ''Refactor HL7 Confidentiality Concept Domain, Code System, & Value sets'' at Project Insight # 798 sponsored by Security and cosponsored by CBCC balloting "HL7 Healthcare Privacy and Security Classification System, Release 1" this cycle from [https://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=798 Project Insight# 798] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2694&start=0 TSC Tracker # 2694]
 +
#Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
  
 
'''''Please don't forget to hang up from the conference call '' (VOIP users)'''
 
 
===Next Steps===
 
===Next Steps===
 
{|border="1" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0"  
 
{|border="1" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0"  
 
|-
 
|-
 
|colspan="4" |'''Actions''' ''(Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)''<br/>
 
|colspan="4" |'''Actions''' ''(Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)''<br/>
* .
+
*Austin will be pulling together the task force.
 +
Tony will send the updated ArB M&C to Lynn today.
 +
*Mead and  Jean volunteer to write up response on RPS R2 normative request.
 
|-
 
|-
 
|colspan="4" |'''Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items'''<br/>
 
|colspan="4" |'''Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items'''<br/>

Latest revision as of 13:48, 16 August 2013

TSC Agenda/Minutes

Meeting Info/Attendees

HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
GoToMeeting ID: 273-848-837

Date: 2013-08-05
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Austin Kreisler Note taker(s): Lynn Laakso
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented yes/no
Chair/CTO ArB International Affiliate Rep Ad-Hoc
x Austin Kreisler . Ron Parker x Jean Duteau . Ken McCaslin
x John Quinn X Lorraine Constable .
Domain Experts Foundation and Technology Structure and Semantic Design Technical and Support Services
regrets Melva Peters x Woody Beeler x Calvin Beebe x Freida Hall
x Mead Walker x Tony Julian x Pat van Dyke x Andy Stechishin
ex officio Invited Guests Observers HL7 Staff
. Don Mon (HL7 Chair) w/vote x Ken Kawamoto, CDS x Paul Knapp x Lynn Laakso
. Bob Dolin (Vice Chair) vote x David Shields x Victor Lee .
. Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote x Howard Strasberg, CDS x Brian Pech, Aziz Boxwala .
x Joe Bormelo, David Susanto

Agenda

Housekeeping

  1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
  2. Agenda review and approval - Austin Kreisler
  3. Approve Minutes of 2013-07-29 TSC Call Agenda
  4. TSC Election results: congratulations to the election winners
    • Domain Experts – John Roberts
    • Foundation and Technology– Woody Beeler
    • Structure & Semantic Design – Calvin Beebe
    • Tech & Support Services – Freida Hall
    • Affiliate rep – Giorgio Cangioli

Management

  1. Discussion topics:
    • Plan for CDS projects (15 mins)
      • Foundation and Technology Steering Division(FTSD) does not believe that HL7 Implementation Guide: XML Implementation for Virtual Medical Record, Release 1 should be released or balloted as a DSTU prior to necessary coordination between the proponent groups and FTSD Work Groups CGIT, ITS, MNM and Templates as well as ARB.
  2. Approval items:
    • Referred to discussion from e-vote:
    • For vote on today's call:
      • Project approvals contingent on objections from the cochairs' review
        • Project Scope Statement for Virtual Medical Record XML Implementation Guide, Release 2 (US Realm), for CDS WG of SSD SD and cosponsored by ITS WG of FTSD at Project Insight # 1016 and TSC Tracker 2703
        • Project Scope Statement for Virtual Medical Record Templates Process and Implementation Guide, Release 1 (US Realm) at Project Insight # 1030 and TSC Tracker # 2702 for CDS WG of SSD SD and pending confirmation of cosponsorship by Templates WG of FTSD.
        • Project Scope Statement for Virtual Medical Record Domain Analysis Model, Release 3, for CDS of SSD SD at Project Insight 1017.
        • Project Scope Statement for Decision Support Service Implementation Guide for CDS WG of SSD SD at Project Insight # 1018 and TSC Tracker # 2700
        • DSTU Publication Request for HL7 Version 3 Domain Analysis Model: Diet and Nutrition Orders, Release 2 at Project Insight #974 by OO of SSD SD requests publication for 24 months.
        • Project Scope Statement for 'Patient Encounter Messaging project for Patient Administration WG of SSD SD at Project Insight # 1029 and TSC Tracker # 2704 for a direct-to-Normative ballot
        • CDS projects as approved on Friday's SSD SD call.
      • Permitting project approval and ballot with joint copyright agreement pending corporate legal review; see project scope statement for HL7 LOINC Clinical Document Ontology for SDWG of SSD SD and cosponsored by Vocabulary WG of FTSD at Project Insight ID# 1022 and TSC Tracker # 2664
      • 2013September ballot list (Content deadline passed yesterday August 4)
    • From e-vote last week (Affiliate, ArB, DESD, FTSD, T3SD voting):
      • Vote: 5 Affirm for Normative ballot Request for "Emergency Medical Services Constrained Information Model & Interoperability Specifications" balloting HL7 Implementation Guide for CDA® Release 2 - Level 3: Emergency Medical Services; Patient Care Report, Release 1 - US Realm this cycle from Project Insight# 677 by CIC of DESD and cosponsored by Patient Care, Emergency Care and PHER at TSC Tracker # 2690
      • Vote: 4 Affirm for Normative ballot Request for HL7 hData Record Format BY SOA of FTSD cosponsored by ITS at PI# 783 and TSC Tracker # 2692
      • Vote: 4 Affirm, 1 abstain for Normative ballot approval for Refactor HL7 Confidentiality Concept Domain, Code System, & Value sets at Project Insight # 798 sponsored by Security and cosponsored by CBCC balloting "HL7 Healthcare Privacy and Security Classification System, Release 1" this cycle from Project Insight# 798 and TSC Tracker # 2694
  3. Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
  4. Open Issues List


Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:
Austin convenes at 11:04 AM with review of voting membership and rules

  1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests), CDS cochairs Ken K, David S, and Howard S; ITS cochair Paul Knapp, observers Victor Lee, Brian Pech, Aziz Boxwala, Joe Bormel, David Susanto, Michael Wittie
  2. Agenda review and approval - Austin Kreisler - approved by general consent
  3. Approve Minutes of 2013-07-29 TSC Call Agenda unanimously approved.
  4. TSC Election results: congratulations to the election winners
    • Domain Experts – John Roberts
    • Foundation and Technology– Woody Beeler
    • Structure & Semantic Design – Calvin Beebe
    • Tech & Support Services – Freida Hall
    • Affiliate rep – Giorgio Cangioli

Management

  1. Discussion topics:
    • Plan for CDS projects (15 mins)
      • Austin recounts the email summary of the task force discussion. Steps include
        • Making most of the relevant CDS projects US Realm specific DSTU projects, approved by the Steering Division as such on Friday's call
        • Starting projects to develop the universal versions of these proposed standards, sponsored by the appropriate work groups (such as ITS), and
        • Quickly setting up a content review groups to review about half a dozen proposed CDS standards to identify how to change them to better conform with HL7 development methodology
        • Establish a project to provide project management services on the HL7 side to make sure all US Realm related projects are on schedule and making important milestones like project approvals, ballot deadlines, etc. We want to avoid having any of the other numerous US Ream projects from blowing up in our face like this again.
      • Foundation and Technology Steering Division(FTSD) does not believe that HL7 Implementation Guide: XML Implementation for Virtual Medical Record, Release 1 should be released or balloted as a DSTU prior to necessary coordination between the proponent groups and FTSD Work Groups CGIT, ITS, MNM and Templates as well as ARB.
      • CDS wishes to publish this quickly.
      • Woody notes they are concerned about balloting the R2 before having a chance to meet in Cambridge. R1 publishing before they ballot R2 is appropriate but the datatypes R2 validity is suspect. Why publish an R1 by HL7 when we know there is significant change to R2. Friday Ken notes that Jacob Rieder of ONC clarified timelines to publish sometime in October, so the off-cycle ballot would accommodate that timeline to publish the R2 ballot material as R1 without publishing the R1 ballot material. Austin would like to have the content review team look at it and make a recommendation back to the TSC.
      • Motion: Calvin moves and Andy seconds endorsement of the plan for the CDS projects and formation of task force. Vote: Unanimously approved.
      • Uncertainty of MnM participation regarding to FHIR expressed. Jean Duteau volunteered and will wear his hat as MnM cochair and represent Datatypes as well as FHIR methodology interests. Ken asks about the timelines for engaging to move quickly for content deadlines at the end of the month. Ken has created a doodle poll for participation and will wait for instruction.
      • Related project scope statement approvals for CDS - Calvin notes they were reviewed and changes made- approvals contingent on objections from the cochairs' review. Discussion of the vMR terminology reviewed. Austin proposes an e-vote this week allowing for tweaks to the name
        • Project Scope Statement for Virtual Medical Record XML Implementation Guide, Release 2 (US Realm), for CDS WG of SSD SD and cosponsored by ITS WG of FTSD at Project Insight # 1016 and TSC Tracker 2703
        • Project Scope Statement for Virtual Medical Record Templates Process and Implementation Guide, Release 1 (US Realm) at Project Insight # 1030 and TSC Tracker # 2702 for CDS WG of SSD SD and pending confirmation of cosponsorship by Templates WG of FTSD.
        • Project Scope Statement for Virtual Medical Record Domain Analysis Model, Release 3, for CDS of SSD SD at Project Insight 1017.
        • Project Scope Statement for Decision Support Service Implementation Guide (US Realm) for CDS WG of SSD SD with SOA as cosponsor at Project Insight # 1018 and TSC Tracker # 2700
  2. Approval items:
    • Referred to discussion from e-vote:
      • ArB mission and charter statement approval
        • Freida's comments reviewed. Lorraine notes that Ron was content to comply with her suggestions. Tony will send the updated version to Lynn today. Lorraine moves approval with these changes seconded by Freida and unanimously approved.
      • Normative ballot Request for Regulated Product Submission Release 2 (RPS 2) by RCRIM of DESD at # 539 and TSC Tracker # 2693;
        • Jean notes that there are problems with their model with DSTU comments that were rejected. Issues raised on the model from the RCRIM list were not addressed and the commenter "gave up". He seeks confirmation from the project and its modeler that the changes requested will not be ignored. Need to understand also that they will not neglect to update the model so that they will not break existing implications, notes Woody and that they will go from ITS 1 to ITS 2 and not 2B. Andy points out that if they intended to use the R2B ITS they would need authorization from the TSC to use the wire-format compatible standards. Jean has voted negative and would like to see this project blocked from balloting normative at this time without these assurances and confirmation from WG that they will address negatives from the DSTU and were postponed to the normative release.
        • Calvin moves approval with caveat that the committee is notified that the negatives from the DSTU cannot be ignored in the normative ballot; Woody seconds and offers amendment that the committee should consider negative votes rejected as part of the DSTU, backwards compatibility to prior implementations are not considered valid reason to reject negative votes. Unanimously approved. Jean volunteers to write that up. Austin suggests he work with Mead on that.
    • For vote on today's call:
      • Project approvals contingent on objections from the cochairs' review
        • move to e-vote Project Scope Statement for Virtual Medical Record XML Implementation Guide, Release 2 (US Realm), for CDS WG of SSD SD and cosponsored by ITS WG of FTSD at Project Insight # 1016 and TSC Tracker 2703
        • move to e-vote Project Scope Statement for Virtual Medical Record Templates Process and Implementation Guide, Release 1 (US Realm) at Project Insight # 1030 and TSC Tracker # 2702 for CDS WG of SSD SD and pending confirmation of cosponsorship by Templates WG of FTSD.
        • move to e-vote Project Scope Statement for Virtual Medical Record Domain Analysis Model, Release 3, for CDS of SSD SD at Project Insight 1017.
        • move to e-vote Project Scope Statement for Decision Support Service Implementation Guide for CDS WG of SSD SD at Project Insight # 1018 and TSC Tracker # 2700
        • move to e-vote DSTU Publication Request for HL7 Version 3 Domain Analysis Model: Diet and Nutrition Orders, Release 2 at Project Insight #974 by OO of SSD SD requests publication for 24 months.
        • move to e-vote Project Scope Statement for 'Patient Encounter Messaging project for Patient Administration WG of SSD SD at Project Insight # 1029 and TSC Tracker # 2704 for a direct-to-Normative ballot
        • CDS projects as approved on Friday's SSD SD call.
      • Permitting project approval and ballot with joint copyright agreement pending corporate legal review; see project scope statement for HL7 LOINC Clinical Document Ontology for SDWG of SSD SD and cosponsored by Vocabulary WG of FTSD at Project Insight ID# 1022 and TSC Tracker # 2664
        • Austin received understanding from Karen that the progress with Regenstrief is sufficient for her comfort in proceeding to ballot. Woody moves approval seconded by Pat. Unanimously approved.
      • 2013September ballot list (Content deadline passed yesterday August 4)
        • Although QDM HQMF has passed DSTU R1 and didn't publish, and now balloting DSTU update. It's odd, but allowable. HQMF requirements are changing and they are accommodating.
        • SECPRONT going back to second round of normative balloting - changes to R1 are unknown, if they've made substantive change.
        • Motion: Calvin moves approval of package with changes documented. Andy seconds. Vote: unanimously approved.
    • From e-vote last week (Affiliate, ArB, DESD, FTSD, T3SD voting):
      • Vote: 5 Affirm for Normative ballot Request for "Emergency Medical Services Constrained Information Model & Interoperability Specifications" balloting HL7 Implementation Guide for CDA® Release 2 - Level 3: Emergency Medical Services; Patient Care Report, Release 1 - US Realm this cycle from Project Insight# 677 by CIC of DESD and cosponsored by Patient Care, Emergency Care and PHER at TSC Tracker # 2690
      • Vote: 4 Affirm for Normative ballot Request for HL7 hData Record Format BY SOA of FTSD cosponsored by ITS at PI# 783 and TSC Tracker # 2692
      • Vote: 4 Affirm, 1 abstain for Normative ballot approval for Refactor HL7 Confidentiality Concept Domain, Code System, & Value sets at Project Insight # 798 sponsored by Security and cosponsored by CBCC balloting "HL7 Healthcare Privacy and Security Classification System, Release 1" this cycle from Project Insight# 798 and TSC Tracker # 2694
  3. Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • Austin will be pulling together the task force.

Tony will send the updated ArB M&C to Lynn today.

  • Mead and Jean volunteer to write up response on RPS R2 normative request.
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


© 2013 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.