Difference between revisions of "2013-07-22 TSC Call Minutes"

From HL7 TSC
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Line 3: Line 3:
  
 
===Meeting Info/Attendees===
 
===Meeting Info/Attendees===
{{:TSC Meetings}}
+
   [[Category:2013 TSC Minutes]]
   [[Category:2013 TSC Minutes|Agenda Template]]
 
  
 
{|border="1" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0"  
 
{|border="1" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0"  
Line 17: Line 16:
 
{|border="1" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0"  
 
{|border="1" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0"  
 
|colspan="4" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"| Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented
 
|colspan="4" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"| Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"| '''yes/no'''
+
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"| '''yes'''
 
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|
 
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|
 
|-
 
|-
 
|colspan="2"|Chair/CTO ||colspan="2"|ArB ||colspan="2"|International Affiliate Rep ||colspan="2"|Ad-Hoc
 
|colspan="2"|Chair/CTO ||colspan="2"|ArB ||colspan="2"|International Affiliate Rep ||colspan="2"|Ad-Hoc
 
|-
 
|-
|.||Austin Kreisler||.||Ron Parker||.||Jean Duteau||.||
+
|x||Austin Kreisler||.||Ron Parker||x||Jean Duteau||.||
 
|-
 
|-
 
|regrets||John Quinn ||.||Lorraine Constable||.|| ||
 
|regrets||John Quinn ||.||Lorraine Constable||.|| ||
Line 33: Line 32:
  
 
|-
 
|-
|.||Melva Peters||.||Woody Beeler||.||Calvin Beebe||.||Freida Hall
+
|x||Melva Peters||x||Woody Beeler||.||Calvin Beebe||x||Freida Hall
 
|-
 
|-
|.||Mead Walker||regrets||Tony Julian||.||Pat van Dyke||.||Andy Stechishin
+
|.||Mead Walker||regrets||Tony Julian||x||Pat van Dyke||x||Andy Stechishin
 
|-
 
|-
 
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|''ex officio''
 
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|''ex officio''
Line 42: Line 41:
 
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|HL7 Staff
 
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|HL7 Staff
 
|-
 
|-
|.||Don Mon (HL7 Chair) w/vote||.|| ||.||''obs1''||.||Lynn Laakso
+
|.||Don Mon (HL7 Chair) w/vote||x||Ken McCaslin ||.||''obs1''||x||Lynn Laakso
 
|-
 
|-
 
|.||Bob Dolin (Vice Chair) <s>vote</s>||.||.||.||''obs2''||.||
 
|.||Bob Dolin (Vice Chair) <s>vote</s>||.||.||.||''obs2''||.||
Line 89: Line 88:
  
 
===Minutes===
 
===Minutes===
'''Minutes/Conclusions Reached:'''<br/>
+
'''Minutes/Conclusions Reached:'''<br/> convened at 11:03 AM
 +
#Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests) Ken McCaslin invited.
 +
#Agenda review and approval - Austin Kreisler -move Ken's appointment to top of agenda. Jean has an item on the PC allergy DAM to add. Revised agenda approved by general consent.
 +
#Approve Minutes of [[2013-07-15 TSC Call Agenda]].  Unanimously approved.
 +
#*Appointment of Ken McCaslin as an ad-hoc TSC member. Ken assures the group he is not joining the TSC under duress. Andy moves and Woody seconds appointment of Ken as an ad-hoc member of the TSC. Unanimously approved.
 +
====Governance====
 +
<!--  Governance      -->
 +
<!--    Approvals  -->
 +
#Approval items:
 +
<!--  Governance      -->
 +
<!--  Discussion  -->
 +
#Discussion topics:
 +
#*GOM Revision Cycle 1305 [http://lists.hl7.org/read/messages?id=236564 Peer Review] 07/19 - 08/18/2013
 +
#**Changes described. The GOC is preparing to develop the split set of documents for ANSI Essential Requirements processes and non-ANSI concern HL7 processes. All TSC members please review these for next week and prepare to submit comments to GOC
 +
====Management====
 +
#Review [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemBrowse&tracker_id=494 action items] –
 +
#*Calvin and Joginder will rewrite the PHER/IHE PSS and bring it back to the TSC for review - Calvin is not available. PHER discussed on their conference call, Austin reports, and is in agreement with what TSC outlined. They have a representative going to IHE to review the ballot comments.
 +
<!--    Management      -->
 +
<!--    Approvals  -->
 +
#Approval items:
 +
#*For TSC endorsement: update to [http://www.hl7.org/documentcenter/public/wg/tsc/HL7_Publication_Request_Template_2013Jun.docx publication request template] to accommodate [http://www.hl7.org/implement/standards/product_brief.cfm?product_id=258 common names]
 +
#**There is only one bucket for search terms as well as alternate names. Austin would like to see separation of keywords from alternate names. Modifications made during the call. Ken notes that this is not an ES project. Andy moves endorsement, and Woody seconds. Unanimously approved.
 +
#*For e-vote this coming week:
 +
#**[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2673/10684/ANSI_proposal_withdrawal-PAEncounter2012May.doc Withdrawal Request] for ''HL7 Version 3 Standard: Patient Administration; Patient Encounter, Release 1'' by PA of SSD SD at [https://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=736 Project Insight ID# 736] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2673&start=0 TSC Tracker # 2673] will be up for e-vote this week.
 +
<!--  Management      -->
 +
<!--  Discussion  -->
 +
#Discussion topics:
 +
#*Jean - PC Allergy Dam
 +
#**Jean notes that in January's ballot they included the Allergy DAM as informative. They had some substantive comments and so they reballoted in May but Stephen Chu mistakenly requested the NIB as comment-only which went unnoticed. It passed with quorum numbers in May suitable for informative publication though it was comment only. They would like to have it declared a clerical error and allow them to publish. Otherwise they would have an out of cycle ballot or reballot in January. Woody notes that the challenge would be that the ballot pool did not have the correct notice of the formality of the ballot so may not have gathered the appropriate attention. They would want to join the September ballot but they have missed the 30 day notice period. Jean will get back to the PC cochairs on the TSC's feeling that they must ballot again and see if they wish to proceed with an out of cycle ballot the TSC will expedite its approval.
 +
#*2013September [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2685/10690/TSCApprovalListforSeptember2013Ballot.docx ballot list preview]
 +
#**Jean notes that Food and Medication Preferences will be withdrawn.
 +
#**two CDS DSTU updates proposed but the DSTU R1 have not been published; need to follow up.
 +
#**Need to check continuing ballots to see if they passed "according to Austin's rule"
 +
#Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
 +
#*SSD SD's SDWG has submitted the ''HL7 Implementation Guide for CDA® Release 2 - Level 3: Healthcare Associated Infection Reports, Release 1 - US Realm'' for normative publication, balloted under [https://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=866 Project Insight ID# 866]
 +
#*Patient Care of SSD SD has submitted for Normative publication the ''HL7 Version 3 Standard: Implantable Device Cardiac - Follow-up Device Summary, Release 2''  balloted under [https://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=968 Project Insight ID# 968]
 +
#*Congratulations to those groups!
 +
#Reminder: Harmonization starts today.
 +
Adjourned at 11:46 AM
  
  
'''''Please don't forget to hang up from the conference call '' (VOIP users)'''
 
 
===Next Steps===
 
===Next Steps===
 
{|border="1" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0"  
 
{|border="1" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0"  

Revision as of 15:49, 22 July 2013

TSC Agenda/Minutes

Meeting Info/Attendees

HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
GoToMeeting ID: 273-848-837

Date: 2013-07-22
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Austin Kreisler Note taker(s): Lynn Laakso
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented yes
Chair/CTO ArB International Affiliate Rep Ad-Hoc
x Austin Kreisler . Ron Parker x Jean Duteau .
regrets John Quinn . Lorraine Constable .
Domain Experts Foundation and Technology Structure and Semantic Design Technical and Support Services
x Melva Peters x Woody Beeler . Calvin Beebe x Freida Hall
. Mead Walker regrets Tony Julian x Pat van Dyke x Andy Stechishin
ex officio Invited Guests Observers HL7 Staff
. Don Mon (HL7 Chair) w/vote x Ken McCaslin . obs1 x Lynn Laakso
. Bob Dolin (Vice Chair) vote . . . obs2 .
. Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote . . . .

Agenda

Housekeeping

  1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
  2. Agenda review and approval - Austin Kreisler
  3. Approve Minutes of 2013-07-15 TSC Call Agenda

Governance

  1. Approval items:
  2. Discussion topics:

Management

  1. Review action items
    • Calvin and Joginder will rewrite the PHER/IHE PSS and bring it back to the TSC for review
  2. Approval items:
  3. Discussion topics:
  4. Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
    • SSD SD's SDWG has submitted the HL7 Implementation Guide for CDA® Release 2 - Level 3: Healthcare Associated Infection Reports, Release 1 - US Realm for normative publication, balloted under Project Insight ID# 866
    • Patient Care of SSD SD has submitted for Normative publication the HL7 Version 3 Standard: Implantable Device Cardiac - Follow-up Device Summary, Release 2 balloted under Project Insight ID# 968
  5. Open Issues List


Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:
convened at 11:03 AM

  1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests) Ken McCaslin invited.
  2. Agenda review and approval - Austin Kreisler -move Ken's appointment to top of agenda. Jean has an item on the PC allergy DAM to add. Revised agenda approved by general consent.
  3. Approve Minutes of 2013-07-15 TSC Call Agenda. Unanimously approved.
    • Appointment of Ken McCaslin as an ad-hoc TSC member. Ken assures the group he is not joining the TSC under duress. Andy moves and Woody seconds appointment of Ken as an ad-hoc member of the TSC. Unanimously approved.

Governance

  1. Approval items:
  2. Discussion topics:
    • GOM Revision Cycle 1305 Peer Review 07/19 - 08/18/2013
      • Changes described. The GOC is preparing to develop the split set of documents for ANSI Essential Requirements processes and non-ANSI concern HL7 processes. All TSC members please review these for next week and prepare to submit comments to GOC

Management

  1. Review action items
    • Calvin and Joginder will rewrite the PHER/IHE PSS and bring it back to the TSC for review - Calvin is not available. PHER discussed on their conference call, Austin reports, and is in agreement with what TSC outlined. They have a representative going to IHE to review the ballot comments.
  2. Approval items:
    • For TSC endorsement: update to publication request template to accommodate common names
      • There is only one bucket for search terms as well as alternate names. Austin would like to see separation of keywords from alternate names. Modifications made during the call. Ken notes that this is not an ES project. Andy moves endorsement, and Woody seconds. Unanimously approved.
    • For e-vote this coming week:
  3. Discussion topics:
    • Jean - PC Allergy Dam
      • Jean notes that in January's ballot they included the Allergy DAM as informative. They had some substantive comments and so they reballoted in May but Stephen Chu mistakenly requested the NIB as comment-only which went unnoticed. It passed with quorum numbers in May suitable for informative publication though it was comment only. They would like to have it declared a clerical error and allow them to publish. Otherwise they would have an out of cycle ballot or reballot in January. Woody notes that the challenge would be that the ballot pool did not have the correct notice of the formality of the ballot so may not have gathered the appropriate attention. They would want to join the September ballot but they have missed the 30 day notice period. Jean will get back to the PC cochairs on the TSC's feeling that they must ballot again and see if they wish to proceed with an out of cycle ballot the TSC will expedite its approval.
    • 2013September ballot list preview
      • Jean notes that Food and Medication Preferences will be withdrawn.
      • two CDS DSTU updates proposed but the DSTU R1 have not been published; need to follow up.
      • Need to check continuing ballots to see if they passed "according to Austin's rule"
  4. Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
    • SSD SD's SDWG has submitted the HL7 Implementation Guide for CDA® Release 2 - Level 3: Healthcare Associated Infection Reports, Release 1 - US Realm for normative publication, balloted under Project Insight ID# 866
    • Patient Care of SSD SD has submitted for Normative publication the HL7 Version 3 Standard: Implantable Device Cardiac - Follow-up Device Summary, Release 2 balloted under Project Insight ID# 968
    • Congratulations to those groups!
  5. Reminder: Harmonization starts today.

Adjourned at 11:46 AM


Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


© 2013 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.