Difference between revisions of "2013-07-08 TSC Call Minutes"

From HL7 TSC
Jump to navigation Jump to search
 
(No difference)

Latest revision as of 16:15, 22 July 2013

TSC Agenda/Minutes

Meeting Info/Attendees

HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
GoToMeeting ID: 273-848-837

Date: 2013-07-08
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Austin Kreisler Note taker(s): Lynn Laakso
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented yes/no
Chair/CTO ArB International Affiliate Rep Ad-Hoc
x Austin Kreisler . Ron Parker regrets (Final) Ravi Natarajan .
. John Quinn . Lorraine Constable regrets Jean Duteau
Domain Experts Foundation and Technology Structure and Semantic Design Technical and Support Services
x Melva Peters x Woody Beeler x Calvin Beebe x Freida Hall
. Mead Walker x Tony Julian x Pat van Dyke x Andy Stechishin
ex officio Invited Guests Observers HL7 Staff
. Don Mon (HL7 Chair) w/vote . . obs1 x Lynn Laakso
. Bob Dolin (Vice Chair) vote . . . obs2 .
. Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote . . . .

Agenda

Housekeeping

  1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
  2. Agenda review and approval - Austin Kreisler
  3. Approve Minutes of 2013-06-24 TSC Call Agenda

Governance

  1. Approval items:
  2. Discussion topics:
    • Normalization of FHIR

Management

  1. Review action items
    • Freida to work with Lynn to come up with a reporting metric or revise the existing one for SD CC Participation
  2. Approval items:
  3. Discussion topics:
    • Adding ad-hoc members
  4. Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
    • DESD issue on IHE Healthy Weight Profile ballot project approval (Melva)
    • Review Ballot quality plans for ballot/reconciliation "mining"
    • TSC Nominations Committee
    • ANSI/GOM Task Force (last action item: The nominations committee suggests that the GOM be revised so the TSC selects its chair from among current or former TSC members.)
    • BAM Modeling Task Force status
  5. Announcement: MnM has submitted their normative publication request for RIM R6. Congratulations!
  6. Reminder: TSC elections now open, encourage your WG members to vote
  7. Reminder: Harmonization metric: need to attend or indicate your satisfactory review of the harmonization material
  8. Open Issues List


Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:
convened at 11:02 AM

  1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests) none in attendance
  2. Agenda review and approval - Austin Kreisler (Pat must leave at the :45) no changes identified. Approved by general consent
  3. Approve Minutes of 2013-06-24 TSC Call Agenda; Unanimously approved.

Governance

  1. Discussion topics:
    • Normalization of FHIR
      • Discussion ongoing on FHIR WG formation.
      • Structure built into FMG/FGB with authority over managing the product line that is not present in a typical WG. One option was a Governance Steering Division and Management Steering Division like a Product Directorate Austin suggested to FGB/FMG, as well as FMG as part of T3SD. T3SD having V2 Publishing which does similar activities as FMG for V2.x was a first thought. Appointed rather than elected positions make it dissimilar. Upcoming formation of Product Family around CDA R2 IG brings the need for cross-product coordination. Reporting directly to the TSC is at issue.
      • Not intended to resolve today but discuss impact on steering divisions.
      • Other product lines as V3 vs V3 Messaging, V2.x. Formalizing these silos requires conscious work on building in the cooperative processes.
      • Matrix management, with steering divisions as compacted silos - cross-dimensional management has remained with the TSC.
      • Calvin suggests we come up with other proposals and discuss pros and cons of the structures. BAM modeling is a manifestation as well. Austin will check in with Ron and Lorraine on where the ArB is preparing to land on this issue before the Cambridge meeting.

Management

  1. Review action items
    • Freida to work with Lynn to come up with a reporting metric or revise the existing one for SD CC Participation - Freida talked with the SD on the 50% participation metric - she needs to discuss with ES and they may want to retract their request. She will know in two weeks.
  2. Approval items:
    • TRAC-proposed change to project scope statement for TSC Governance System for HL7 Business Architecture at Project Insight #890, and proposed closure of Project Insight #901, named Risk Assessment and Governance for HL7 Architecture Program
      • Approval in committee would then be broadcast to cochairs and then final review by TSC. Woody moves and Melva seconds approval. Unanimously approved.
  3. Discussion topics:
    • Adding ad-hoc members
      • Ravi has now resigned. Austin has not heard anything back from International Council cochairs to fill the seat. Secondly there is no candidate in the election for next year and we're not aware of any write-in campaigns. Woody notes that the Canadian contingent has certainly already provided coverage and participation. Melva notes the cost of travel prohibits non-North American participants from confirming their presence at the WGMs. Would like to have someone on board by Boston. F2F requirement might be reviewed, notes Woody, with two affiliate reps to only require every other F2F.
      • Ken McCaslin as recommended candidate for TSC chair not currently seated on TSC ought to be appointed as an ad-hoc prior to Boston. Woody suggests we document the recommendation of the nominations committee and review for action next week. TSC elections are conducted at the Plenary meeting so Ken would need to be a member of the TSC before then.
  4. Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
    • DESD issue on IHE Healthy Weight Profile ballot project approval (Melva)
      • Project came through PHER for DESD. Concurrent project approval and out of cycle ballot raised issues. SD members don't understand how this fits with HL7 practices. PSS is loosely filled out, as PHER filled out on behalf of IHE NHQ. It's not informative but draft for comment and doesn’t take HL7 material into account. It has received negative votes on the project approval.
      • Draft for comment ballot having been treated with the same rigor as other types have created misconception and masked the fact that comment-only doesn't even require a project scope statement.
      • This came in at the last moment to run in parallel with the IHE ballot cycle. In future we would expect projects much sooner in the cycle. Project approval is to help socialize the project and create awareness. Withdrawing the project approval will not impact the comment-gathering going forward.
      • Melva would like to see a response to these comments from, say, HQ on the project and its approach going forward. Woody suggests we conceptually separate the content from the mechanism. He suggests that a title that read "Ballot Pilot of IHE profile", would better convey the need to answer the question of whether we can do balloting with IHE.
      • Woody further notes that the success criteria is not the passing of the ballot but the conduction of the ballot and reporting on how the process worked. IHE doesn't have a formal consensus process which rankles those who assert it's not a viable SDO. This process will also offer guidance to IHE on developing a proper consensus process.
    • Review Ballot quality plans for ballot/reconciliation "mining"
      • Austin suggests we schedule a separate call to review.
    • ANSI/GOM Task Force has wrapped up, suggestions made to GOC for consideration for GOM.
    • BAM Modeling Task Force status - continuing to move forward, especially on FHIR efforts.
  5. Announcement: MnM has submitted their normative publication request for RIM R6. Congratulations!
  6. Reminder: TSC elections now open, encourage your WG members to vote
  7. Reminder: Harmonization metric: need to attend or indicate your satisfactory review of the harmonization material - please point to your minutes where this is determined. Woody reports the Package has been posted to harmonization, and vocab lists but final proposals have not been sent yet.

Adjourned 12:00 PM.

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


© 2013 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.