Difference between revisions of "2013-06-24 TSC Call Minutes"

From HL7 TSC
Jump to navigation Jump to search
 
(No difference)

Latest revision as of 19:09, 8 July 2013

TSC Agenda/Minutes

Meeting Info/Attendees

HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
GoToMeeting ID: 273-848-837

Date: 2013-06-24
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Austin Kreisler Note taker(s): Lynn Laakso
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented yes/no
Chair/CTO ArB International Affiliate Rep Ad-Hoc
x Austin Kreisler x Ron Parker x Ravi Natarajan .
regrets John Quinn . Lorraine Constable x Jean Duteau
Domain Experts Foundation and Technology Structure and Semantic Design Technical and Support Services
x Melva Peters x Woody Beeler regrets Calvin Beebe x Freida Hall
x Mead Walker x Tony Julian regrets Pat van Dyke x Andy Stechishin
ex officio Invited Guests Observers HL7 Staff
. Don Mon (HL7 Chair) w/vote x Robert Dieterle x x Lynn Laakso
. Bob Dolin (Vice Chair) vote x David Shields . .
. Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote x Henry Fry . . .

Agenda

Housekeeping

  1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
  2. Agenda review and approval - Austin Kreisler
  3. Approve Minutes of 2013-06-17 TSC Call Agenda

Management

  1. Review action items
  2. Approval items: referred for discussion
    • Project Scope Statement of CDA Section for Digital Signatures and Delegation of Rights at Project Insight 1005 and TSC Tracker 2653 for SDWG of SSD SD and cosponsored by Security WG of FTSD and Attachments WG of DESD
      • lack of publishing facilitator (Update from Robert Dieterle - publishing facilitators are Zachary May and Robert)
      • ArB - I would like to see in the listing of Target Dates a point where they anticipate this will go to Normative Ballot.
    • Project Scope Statement of Consolidated CDA DSTU 2013 Update at Project Insight 1014 and TSC Tracker 2655 for SDWG of SSD SD and cosponsored by Patient Care and Child Health WGs of DESD
      • lack of publishing facilitator
    • Project Scope Statement of Decision Support Service, Release 2 at Project Insight 1015 and TSC Tracker 2650 for CDS WG of SSD SD and cosponsored by SOA WG
      • ArB - I appreciate there is already a Release 1, but this seems to be a substantive piece of work. Who is are the HL7 facilitators? Are there none? I really like this project, but it seems to be done in complete isolation of the rest of HL7.
    • Project Scope Statement of Ordering Service Interface Specification Project at Project Insight 1010 and TSC Tracker 2654 for OO WG of SSD SD and cosponsored by CDS of SSD SD and SOA of FTSD
      • ArB - Very happy to see this project, however again I’d like to know who the HL7 facilitators are, as well as who is doing requirements analysis and who is the domain expert. Just would like a sense of how the team is going to bring all of the parts together.
  3. Approval items: from e-vote last week: 1 Affiliate, ArB, 4 SD approved 6/0/0
  4. Discussion topics:
  5. Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
    • Review Ballot quality plans for ballot/reconciliation "mining"
    • TSC Nominations Committee report: The nominations committee suggests that the GOM be revised so the TSC selects its chair from among current or former TSC members. To accommodate the existing process, the 2014-2015 candidate should be named as ad-hoc prior to electing the chair, before the September WGM.
    • ANSI/GOM Task Force (last action item: develop detailed TSC recommendation of a GOM change to remove closed ballot pools, and all pools remain open)
    • BAM Modeling Task Force status
    • TRAC report (last action item: revisit scope and deliverables PI# 901 Risk Assessment and Governance for HL7 Architecture Program project)
    • Activities with Other SDOs - meeting Tuesday Jun 4.
  6. Open Issues List

Governance

  1. Approval items:
  2. Discussion topics:
    • determine whether a written status reports from a Work Group, in lieu of attendance at a Steering Division call, would count toward the Work Group Health metric:
      • SD CC Participation - if the Work Group did not have at least 50% representation at Steering Division conference calls or e-votes since the last meeting, the count is incremented (i.e. DESD uses Doodle Polls; SSD SD both e-vote and concalls; FTSD & T3SD usually conf calls) T3SD is considering changing our DMP to permit reports in lieu of SD calls since some SDs are having bandwidth issues (Electronic Services in particular). We might put a cap on this "exception" permitting reports, for example no more than two exceptions per trimester.


Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:

  1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests) Robert Dieterle, David Shields, Henry Fry are invited to discuss questions on their projects.
  2. Agenda review and approval - Austin Kreisler - approved by general consent
  3. Approve Minutes of 2013-06-17 TSC Call Agenda unanimously approved

Management

  1. Review action items
  2. Approval items: referred for discussion
    • Project Scope Statement of CDA Section for Digital Signatures and Delegation of Rights at Project Insight 1005 and TSC Tracker 2653 for SDWG of SSD SD and cosponsored by Security WG of FTSD and Attachments WG of DESD
      • lack of publishing facilitator (Update from Robert Dieterle - publishing facilitators are Zachary May and Robert)
        Should the publishing facilitator be required for any ballot project intending to ballot in the current cycle? Andy reports that publishing WG discussed this and felt it wasn't 'required' if not in the current cycle. Andy will work with Project Services to clarify that in the PSS template. Woody suggests publishing wordsmith a warning in the PSS that before you submit an NIB you must have a publishing facilitator. ACTION ITEM: Woody would like Publishing to review wording before Andy takes the suggestion to Project Services.
      • ArB - I would like to see in the listing of Target Dates a point where they anticipate this will go to Normative Ballot.
        Ron notes due to the complexity involved he wondered how long the DSTU period would be to allow sufficient trial. Bob Dieterle expects a target date to go normative in September 2014 to coordinate with MU3 and NPRM timelines.
      • Approval moved by andy and seconded by Woody, unanimously approved. Bob leaves the call.
    • Project Scope Statement of Consolidated CDA DSTU 2013 Update at Project Insight 1014 and TSC Tracker 2655 for SDWG of SSD SD and cosponsored by Patient Care and Child Health WGs of DESD
      • lack of publishing facilitator
        Austin has a name for publishing facilitator and further issues will be dealt with in PSS updates.
      • Ron moves and Woody seconds approval of the project. Unanimously approved.
    • Project Scope Statement of Decision Support Service, Release 2 at Project Insight 1015 and TSC Tracker 2650 for CDS WG of SSD SD and cosponsored by SOA WG
      • ArB - I appreciate there is already a Release 1, but this seems to be a substantive piece of work. Who is are the HL7 facilitators? Are there none? I really like this project, but it seems to be done in complete isolation of the rest of HL7.
        Multi-disciplinary project team is blank. David Shields comments over 6 years on the project there have been facilitators for publishing or vocabulary on various pieces all along, but doesn't know why they are not specified on the form. DSS as developed by OMG and HSSP is a different beast from other HL7 specifications. Ron notes that alignment within HL7 is his concern but if there is a dedicated team to cover the development it's ok. Woody asks how the payload is agnostic if it takes in patient data? The payload defined in the service from R1 needs adjustment for specificity of context and environment of DSS request, and an identifier on the response. Definitional work of HL7 payload being done within HL7 is important.
        Austin asks about the potential for a three year DSTU? There is expected a DSTU revision and will need the effort.
        suggestion for definition to the project team - Dave points to the siframework link in 3e.
      • Ron moves approval seconded by Tony; unanimously approved.
    • Project Scope Statement of Ordering Service Interface Specification Project at Project Insight 1010 and TSC Tracker 2654 for OO WG of SSD SD and cosponsored by CDS of SSD SD and SOA of FTSD
      • ArB - Very happy to see this project, however again I’d like to know who the HL7 facilitators are, as well as who is doing requirements analysis and who is the domain expert. Just would like a sense of how the team is going to bring all of the parts together.
        Ron is concerned that requirements and traceability are well defined. Emory describes the history and involvement and the VA contract for decision support laboratory.
        Emory notes that Ken Rubin and Lorraine Constable have become involved to assist with the project. Cognitive (vendor) is bringing other members. David Shields also a core member. David provides engineering and HL7 process SME, Ken Kawamoto also SME. Other team members not listed on the PSS are described. Three service projects means they meet only biweekly as part of the extended timeframe. Ron notes his organization may send some participation to work on the project as it aligns with work they are investigating.
        Ravi asks about the VA contract and its applicability to a universal realm. The HL7 process is informative of their contract deliverable but extends beyond the VA contract. VA is not participating directly in requirements process. Driving analysis from the composite order work in O&O is universal realm work. Ron notes that the SOA patterns are universal and the HSSP /OMG work is not tied to US Realm and feels it would be universal-realm applicable.
        Woody asks if SFM has data structures for the orders, etc. if so, then use some HL7 static model. Emory notes Nutritional orders, order sets, lab model are being used for driving payload models. Woody would like reference that OO participation would ensure alignment of the data structures with HL7 data structures. Emory will also make explicit following the HSSP process and the payload model references, and bring back to TSC.
        Woody moves and Ron/Tony second the project with those changes. Unanimously approved pending recommended changes.
  3. Approval items: from e-vote last week: 1 Affiliate, ArB, 4 SD approved 6/0/0

Governance

  1. Discussion topics:
    • determine whether a written status reports from a Work Group, in lieu of attendance at a Steering Division call, would count toward the Work Group Health metric:
      • SD CC Participation - if the Work Group did not have at least 50% representation at Steering Division conference calls or e-votes since the last meeting, the count is incremented (i.e. DESD uses Doodle Polls; SSD SD both e-vote and concalls; FTSD & T3SD usually conf calls) T3SD is considering changing our DMP to permit reports in lieu of SD calls since some SDs are having bandwidth issues (Electronic Services in particular). We might put a cap on this "exception" permitting reports, for example no more than two exceptions per trimester.
      • Freida discusses issues. Austin notes that the importance of the metric is in participation in decision making. T3SD has meetings at which reporting is done, as would be a best practice for all SDs. DESD and SSD SD are using e-votes in lieu of meetings though they are still considering scheduling meetings.
      • Lynn notes that the participation metric is at 50%, so allowing further exceptions would permit even less participation.
      • This needs more consideration, TSC not likely to resolve today. Freida to work with Lynn to come up with a reporting metric or revise the existing one. Freida suggests she revisit with the T3SD group on the 50% metric.
  2. Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
    • Review Ballot quality plans for ballot/reconciliation "mining" - Andy will get his done today, and Mead will send his to Lynn
    • TSC Nominations Committee report: The nominations committee suggests that the GOM be revised so the TSC selects its chair from among current or former TSC members. To accommodate the existing process, the 2014-2015 candidate should be named as ad-hoc prior to electing the chair, before the September WGM.
      • No affiliate nominee, and need to know how to proceed. Jean thinks the IC will appoint someone for the remainder of Ravi's term. The GOM doesn't deal with the situation where there are no nominees.
    • ANSI/GOM Task Force (last action item: develop detailed TSC recommendation of a GOM change to remove closed ballot pools, and all pools remain open) meets tomorrow evening
    • BAM Modeling Task Force meeting again this week
    • TRAC not meeting this week.


Adjourned 12:02 PM

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


© 2013 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.