Difference between revisions of "2013-06-03 TSC Call Minutes"

From HL7 TSC
Jump to navigation Jump to search
 
(10 intermediate revisions by the same user not shown)
Line 23: Line 23:
 
|colspan="2"|Chair/CTO ||colspan="2"|ArB ||colspan="2"|International Affiliate Rep ||colspan="2"|Ad-Hoc
 
|colspan="2"|Chair/CTO ||colspan="2"|ArB ||colspan="2"|International Affiliate Rep ||colspan="2"|Ad-Hoc
 
|-
 
|-
|.||Austin Kreisler||.||Ron Parker||.||Ravi Natarajan||.||
+
|x||Austin Kreisler||x||Ron Parker||regrets||Ravi Natarajan||.||
 
|-
 
|-
|.||John Quinn ||.||Lorraine Constable||.||Jean Duteau||
+
|x||John Quinn ||.||Lorraine Constable||regrets||Jean Duteau||
  
 
|-
 
|-
Line 34: Line 34:
  
 
|-
 
|-
|.||Melva Peters||.||Woody Beeler||.||Calvin Beebe||.||Freida Hall
+
|x||Melva Peters||x||Woody Beeler||regrets||Calvin Beebe||x||Freida Hall
 
|-
 
|-
|.||Mead Walker||.||Tony Julian||.||Pat van Dyke||.||Andy Stechishin
+
|x||Mead Walker||regrets||Tony Julian||x||Pat van Dyke||x||Andy Stechishin
 
|-
 
|-
 
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|''ex officio''
 
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|''ex officio''
Line 43: Line 43:
 
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|HL7 Staff
 
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|HL7 Staff
 
|-
 
|-
|.||Don Mon (HL7 Chair) w/vote||.|| ||.||''obs1''||.||Lynn Laakso
+
|x||Don Mon (HL7 Chair) w/vote||x||Mike Davis ||x||Johnathan Coleman||.||Lynn Laakso
 
|-
 
|-
|.||Bob Dolin (Vice Chair) <s>vote</s>||.||.||.||''obs2''||.||
+
|.||Bob Dolin (Vice Chair) <s>vote</s>||x||John Ritter ||x||Kathleen Connor||.||
 
|-
 
|-
 
|.||Chuck Jaffe (CEO) <s> vote</s>
 
|.||Chuck Jaffe (CEO) <s> vote</s>
 +
|x||John Moehrke
 +
|x||Brian Pech
 
|.||
 
|.||
|.||.
+
|-
 +
|.|| ||.|| ||x||Bob Dieterle
 +
|.||
 +
|-
 +
|.|| ||.|| ||x||Don Jaccard
 
|.||
 
|.||
 +
|-
 +
|.|| ||.|| ||x|| Melissa Springer
 +
|.||
 +
 
|-
 
|-
 
|colspan="3" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|
 
|colspan="3" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|
Line 58: Line 68:
 
#Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
 
#Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
 
#Agenda review and approval - Austin Kreisler
 
#Agenda review and approval - Austin Kreisler
#Approve Minutes of [[2013-05-27 TSC Call Agenda]]
+
#Approve Minutes of [[2013-05-27 TSC Call Agenda]] notes (no quorum), and [[2013-05-20 TSC Call Agenda]]
 
====Governance====
 
====Governance====
 
<!--  Governance      -->
 
<!--  Governance      -->
Line 67: Line 77:
 
#Discussion topics:  
 
#Discussion topics:  
 
====Management====
 
====Management====
 +
#Discussion topics:
 +
#*Review of [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2596/10350/EHR_CICWGUsabilityprojectscopestatement20130419.doc Project Scope Statement] of ''Usability Guidelines for EHR Systems '' at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=995 Project Insight 995] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2596&start=0 TSC Tracker 2596] by EHR WG of SSD SD and cosponsored by CIC of DESD last discussed at the [[2013-05-08_TSC_WGM_Agenda|WGM Weds lunch]]
 +
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2633/10490/HL7PSSv20131_CommentsSiteforNorm_Inform.doc PSS] to work with Electronic Services to extend the dstucomments site functionality to normative and informative standards as well as the DSTUs but excluding comment-only. see [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2633&start=0 TSC Tracker 2633] on consolidation of approaches for submitting enhancement requests.
 
#Review [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemBrowse&tracker_id=494 action items] –
 
#Review [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemBrowse&tracker_id=494 action items] –
 +
#*Andy will address with Don the NIB form change to include a spot to identify CMETs. Don on vacation for two weeks; revisit later.
 
<!--    Management      -->
 
<!--    Management      -->
 
<!--    Approvals  -->
 
<!--    Approvals  -->
#Approval items:
+
#Approval items: referred for discussion
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2634/10493/HL7PSSv20131DataSegmentationforPrivacy_WGApproved.doc Project scope Statement] for ''HL7 Data Segmentation for Privacy (DS4P) Implementation Guide'', Project Insight TBD and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2634&start=0 TSC Tracker #2634], for Security WG of FTSD and cosponsored by CBCC WG of DESD.  
+
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2634/10493/HL7PSSv20131DataSegmentationforPrivacy_WGApproved.doc Project scope Statement] for ''HL7 Data Segmentation for Privacy (DS4P) Implementation Guide'', at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=1006 Project Insight #1006] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2634&start=0 TSC Tracker #2634], for Security WG of FTSD and cosponsored by CBCC WG of DESD.
 +
#Approval items: approved 6/0/0 by e-vote with 4 SDs, ArB and one Affiliate Representative participating
 +
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2635/10496/HL7PSSV2OverHTTPv2013.1.doc Project scope Statement] for ''HL7 Over HTTP'', at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=1007 Project Insight #1007] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2635&start=0 TSC Tracker #2635], for ITS WG of FTSD.  
 
<!--  Management      -->
 
<!--  Management      -->
 
<!--  Discussion  -->
 
<!--  Discussion  -->
#Discussion topics:
 
 
#Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
 
#Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
 +
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/docmanfileversion/7364/10529/GovernanceAndManagementGroupHealth20130530.doc Governance and management group health] revision review (Melva)
 +
#*Three-year plan suggestions (based on last week's discussion)
 +
#*Review Ballot quality plans for ballot/reconciliation "mining"
 +
#*TSC Nominations Committee report
 +
#*ANSI/GOM Task Force (last action item: develop detailed TSC recommendation of a GOM change to remove closed ballot pools, and all pools remain open)
 +
#*BAM Modeling Task Force status
 +
#*TRAC report (last action item: revisit scope and deliverables PI# 901 Risk Assessment and Governance for HL7 Architecture Program project)
 +
#*update on IHE balloting
 +
#*Activities with Other SDOs - meeting Tuesday Jun 4.
 +
<!--change format of TSC cochairs dinner meeting presentation-->
 +
<!--
 
<!-- #WGM Planning - -->
 
<!-- #WGM Planning - -->
 
#[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemBrowse&tracker_id=313 Open Issues List]
 
#[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemBrowse&tracker_id=313 Open Issues List]
Line 83: Line 109:
 
===Minutes===
 
===Minutes===
 
'''Minutes/Conclusions Reached:'''<br/>
 
'''Minutes/Conclusions Reached:'''<br/>
 +
Austin calls to order 11:03 AM and reviews voting membership rules.
 +
#Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests); John Ritter, Brian Pech, Johnathan Coleman, Kathleen Connor, Bob Dieterly and Ron Jaccard observing, Mike Davis invited
 +
#Agenda review and approval - Austin Kreisler - move up DS4P immediately after Usability Guidelines EHR PSS>
 +
#Approve Minutes of [[2013-05-27 TSC Call Agenda]] notes (no quorum), and [[2013-05-20 TSC Call Agenda]] Freida abstains; approved 6/0/1
 +
====Management====
 +
#Discussion topics:
 +
#*Review of [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2596/10350/EHR_CICWGUsabilityprojectscopestatement20130419.doc Project Scope Statement] of ''Usability Guidelines for EHR Systems '' at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=995 Project Insight 995] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2596&start=0 TSC Tracker 2596] by EHR WG of SSD SD and cosponsored by CIC of DESD last discussed at the [[2013-05-08_TSC_WGM_Agenda|WGM Weds lunch]]
 +
#**Don and John discuss changes to PSS since Atlanta.
 +
#**Don describes changes identified by EHR, CQI, and CIC in discussion following Atlanta and reviews TSC suggested changes and other revisions suggested by other groups.
 +
#**Austin asks what ballot product will be generated in October timeframe. Don reports that the literature review and environmental scan are anticipated in October. This may take the form of a whitepaper. After that they will translate that information into whatever form meets the timeliness of balloting EHR-S FM R2.1, R3, or a separate profile. Austin asks if this set of requirements might constitute an informative document, that would feed into a later normative ballot. He further asks if another project will be generated for the ballot of EHR-S FM R2.1 or R3 because if so, this particular project should not be marked as normative. Don reports that they wished to submit a single PSS to reflect the whitepaper and the resulting revisions to the FM.
 +
#**Austin notes that if this is the project scope for the next ballot of the EHR-S FM, then its scope would be limited to this project description. If there are other projects feeding requirements into whatever project governs the overall balloting of the next release of the EHR-S FM then another project should be developed for the overall balloting which would indicate the normative ballot intent. If it is balloted as a normative Functional Profile then it needs to have normative checked. If EHR decides later that it will ballot as an FP then they should come back with revised scope to ballot normative.
 +
#**Melva asks how they will ensure universal stakeholder contribution? After discussion in Atlanta, with representatives from other countries in the room, and sufficient interest was expressed to ensure participation on telecons. Pat will work with Don to clean up the approval dates
 +
#**Woody moves approval. Pat seconds. Unanimously approved.
 +
#Approval items: referred for discussion
 +
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2634/10493/HL7PSSv20131DataSegmentationforPrivacy_WGApproved.doc Project scope Statement] for ''HL7 Data Segmentation for Privacy (DS4P) Implementation Guide'', at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=1006 Project Insight #1006] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2634&start=0 TSC Tracker #2634], for Security WG of FTSD and cosponsored by CBCC WG of DESD.
 +
#**Mike Davis provides a slide show.
 +
#**Woody suggests including the slide show be included in the PSS.
 +
#**Woody moves to approve as amended by addition of Slide Show. Second by Pat. '''Vote:''' unanimously approved.
 +
#Discussion continued:
 +
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2633/10490/HL7PSSv20131_CommentsSiteforNorm_Inform.doc PSS] to work with Electronic Services to extend the dstucomments site functionality to normative and informative standards as well as the DSTUs but excluding comment-only. see [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2633&start=0 TSC Tracker 2633] on consolidation of approaches for submitting enhancement requests.
 +
#**Pat wrote this up as an action item from the WGM. This has not yet been addressed with Electronic Services. This would allow a central repository for questions and reference.
 +
#**TSC would cosponsor. Freida notes that the Steering Division meets this afternoon and it can be raised there. Andy notes the ES cochairs may not be on the call but they will try.
 +
 +
Melva will not be on the call next Monday to address the governance and management group health.
 +
 +
Adjourned 11:59 AM
 +
  
  
'''''Please don't forget to hang up from the conference call '' (VOIP users)'''
 
 
===Next Steps===
 
===Next Steps===
 
{|border="1" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0"  
 
{|border="1" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0"  
Line 93: Line 145:
 
|-
 
|-
 
|colspan="4" |'''Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items'''<br/>
 
|colspan="4" |'''Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items'''<br/>
*[[2013-MM-DD TSC Call Agenda]].
+
*[[2013-06-10 TSC Call Agenda]].
 
|}
 
|}
  
  
 
© 2013 Health Level Seven® International.  All rights reserved.
 
© 2013 Health Level Seven® International.  All rights reserved.

Latest revision as of 17:17, 12 June 2013

TSC Agenda/Minutes

Meeting Info/Attendees

Standing Conference Calls

TSC will hold a Conference Call at 11AM Eastern time, each Monday except during scheduled face-to-face Working Group Meetings unless otherwise noted at TSC_Minutes_and_Agendas.

GoToMeeting at https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/426505829 using VOIP
For those without access to microphone/speakers:
US: +1 (224)501-3318
Canada: +1 (647)497-9379
Italy: +39 0 230 57 81 80
Access Code: 426-505-829
GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829
HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
GoToMeeting ID: 273-848-837

Date: 2013-06-03
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Austin Kreisler Note taker(s): Lynn Laakso
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented yes/no
Chair/CTO ArB International Affiliate Rep Ad-Hoc
x Austin Kreisler x Ron Parker regrets Ravi Natarajan .
x John Quinn . Lorraine Constable regrets Jean Duteau
Domain Experts Foundation and Technology Structure and Semantic Design Technical and Support Services
x Melva Peters x Woody Beeler regrets Calvin Beebe x Freida Hall
x Mead Walker regrets Tony Julian x Pat van Dyke x Andy Stechishin
ex officio Invited Guests Observers HL7 Staff
x Don Mon (HL7 Chair) w/vote x Mike Davis x Johnathan Coleman . Lynn Laakso
. Bob Dolin (Vice Chair) vote x John Ritter x Kathleen Connor .
. Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote x John Moehrke x Brian Pech .
. . x Bob Dieterle .
. . x Don Jaccard .
. . x Melissa Springer .

Agenda

Housekeeping

  1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
  2. Agenda review and approval - Austin Kreisler
  3. Approve Minutes of 2013-05-27 TSC Call Agenda notes (no quorum), and 2013-05-20 TSC Call Agenda

Governance

  1. Approval items:
  2. Discussion topics:

Management

  1. Discussion topics:
    • Review of Project Scope Statement of Usability Guidelines for EHR Systems at Project Insight 995 and TSC Tracker 2596 by EHR WG of SSD SD and cosponsored by CIC of DESD last discussed at the WGM Weds lunch
    • PSS to work with Electronic Services to extend the dstucomments site functionality to normative and informative standards as well as the DSTUs but excluding comment-only. see TSC Tracker 2633 on consolidation of approaches for submitting enhancement requests.
  2. Review action items
    • Andy will address with Don the NIB form change to include a spot to identify CMETs. Don on vacation for two weeks; revisit later.
  3. Approval items: referred for discussion
  4. Approval items: approved 6/0/0 by e-vote with 4 SDs, ArB and one Affiliate Representative participating
  5. Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
    • Governance and management group health revision review (Melva)
    • Three-year plan suggestions (based on last week's discussion)
    • Review Ballot quality plans for ballot/reconciliation "mining"
    • TSC Nominations Committee report
    • ANSI/GOM Task Force (last action item: develop detailed TSC recommendation of a GOM change to remove closed ballot pools, and all pools remain open)
    • BAM Modeling Task Force status
    • TRAC report (last action item: revisit scope and deliverables PI# 901 Risk Assessment and Governance for HL7 Architecture Program project)
    • update on IHE balloting
    • Activities with Other SDOs - meeting Tuesday Jun 4.
  6. Open Issues List


Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:
Austin calls to order 11:03 AM and reviews voting membership rules.

  1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests); John Ritter, Brian Pech, Johnathan Coleman, Kathleen Connor, Bob Dieterly and Ron Jaccard observing, Mike Davis invited
  2. Agenda review and approval - Austin Kreisler - move up DS4P immediately after Usability Guidelines EHR PSS>
  3. Approve Minutes of 2013-05-27 TSC Call Agenda notes (no quorum), and 2013-05-20 TSC Call Agenda Freida abstains; approved 6/0/1

Management

  1. Discussion topics:
    • Review of Project Scope Statement of Usability Guidelines for EHR Systems at Project Insight 995 and TSC Tracker 2596 by EHR WG of SSD SD and cosponsored by CIC of DESD last discussed at the WGM Weds lunch
      • Don and John discuss changes to PSS since Atlanta.
      • Don describes changes identified by EHR, CQI, and CIC in discussion following Atlanta and reviews TSC suggested changes and other revisions suggested by other groups.
      • Austin asks what ballot product will be generated in October timeframe. Don reports that the literature review and environmental scan are anticipated in October. This may take the form of a whitepaper. After that they will translate that information into whatever form meets the timeliness of balloting EHR-S FM R2.1, R3, or a separate profile. Austin asks if this set of requirements might constitute an informative document, that would feed into a later normative ballot. He further asks if another project will be generated for the ballot of EHR-S FM R2.1 or R3 because if so, this particular project should not be marked as normative. Don reports that they wished to submit a single PSS to reflect the whitepaper and the resulting revisions to the FM.
      • Austin notes that if this is the project scope for the next ballot of the EHR-S FM, then its scope would be limited to this project description. If there are other projects feeding requirements into whatever project governs the overall balloting of the next release of the EHR-S FM then another project should be developed for the overall balloting which would indicate the normative ballot intent. If it is balloted as a normative Functional Profile then it needs to have normative checked. If EHR decides later that it will ballot as an FP then they should come back with revised scope to ballot normative.
      • Melva asks how they will ensure universal stakeholder contribution? After discussion in Atlanta, with representatives from other countries in the room, and sufficient interest was expressed to ensure participation on telecons. Pat will work with Don to clean up the approval dates
      • Woody moves approval. Pat seconds. Unanimously approved.
  2. Approval items: referred for discussion
    • Project scope Statement for HL7 Data Segmentation for Privacy (DS4P) Implementation Guide, at Project Insight #1006 and TSC Tracker #2634, for Security WG of FTSD and cosponsored by CBCC WG of DESD.
      • Mike Davis provides a slide show.
      • Woody suggests including the slide show be included in the PSS.
      • Woody moves to approve as amended by addition of Slide Show. Second by Pat. Vote: unanimously approved.
  3. Discussion continued:
    • PSS to work with Electronic Services to extend the dstucomments site functionality to normative and informative standards as well as the DSTUs but excluding comment-only. see TSC Tracker 2633 on consolidation of approaches for submitting enhancement requests.
      • Pat wrote this up as an action item from the WGM. This has not yet been addressed with Electronic Services. This would allow a central repository for questions and reference.
      • TSC would cosponsor. Freida notes that the Steering Division meets this afternoon and it can be raised there. Andy notes the ES cochairs may not be on the call but they will try.

Melva will not be on the call next Monday to address the governance and management group health.

Adjourned 11:59 AM


Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


© 2013 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.