2013-04-01 TSC Call Minutes

From HL7 TSC
Revision as of 13:07, 8 April 2013 by Llaakso (talk | contribs)
Jump to navigation Jump to search

TSC Agenda/Minutes

Meeting Info/Attendees

Standing Conference Calls

TSC will hold a Conference Call at 11AM Eastern time, each Monday except during scheduled face-to-face Working Group Meetings unless otherwise noted at TSC_Minutes_and_Agendas.

GoToMeeting at https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/426505829 using VOIP
For those without access to microphone/speakers:
US: +1 (224)501-3318
Canada: +1 (647)497-9379
Italy: +39 0 230 57 81 80
Access Code: 426-505-829
GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829
HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
GoToMeeting ID: 273-848-837

Date: 2013-04-01
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Austin Kreisler Note taker(s): Dave Hamill
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented yes/no
Chair/CTO ArB International Affiliate Rep Ad-Hoc
x Austin Kreisler . Charlie Mead regrets Ravi Natarajan .
x John Quinn x Ron Parker regrets Jean Duteau
Domain Experts Foundation and Technology Structure and Semantic Design Technical and Support Services
regrets Melva Peters x Woody Beeler x Calvin Beebe x Freida Hall
. Mead Walker x Tony Julian x Pat van Dyke regrets Andy Stechishin
ex officio Invited Guests Observers HL7 Staff
. Don Mon (HL7 Chair) w/vote Lorraine Constable . obs1 regrets Lynn Laakso
. Bob Dolin (Vice Chair) vote . . . obs2 x Dave Hamill
. Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote . . obs3 x Brian Pech

Agenda

Housekeeping

  1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
  2. Agenda review and approval - Austin Kreisler
  3. Approve Minutes of 2013-03-25 TSC Call Agenda

Governance

  1. Approval items:
  2. Discussion topics:

Management

  1. Review action items
    • #2400 Consolidation of approaches for submitting enhancement requests - (last update: revisit after illumination from the board on the plans for a help desk)
    • organize SAIF AP vitality assessment pre-kickoff call (Ron)
    • Austin, Charlie and Calvin will work offline to draft the precise measurement of a new metric around WGH regarding cochairs;
    • Jean will establish and schedule the ANSI/GOM Review Task force, with Freida, Pat and Calvin -
    • Charlie will review FP definition using terms such as the ArB recommendation for a DAM.
    • Austin and Woody will draft language for a recommendation on consideration of HTTP compliance to US conformance criteria on EHRs for character set display.
    • Jean will work with Dave on what the number of cycles for the rolling average on which the WGM Effectiveness improvement threshold is measured.
  2. Approval items:
  3. Discussion topics:
    • ArB appointments
      • Replacement for Charlie Mead on ORC
    • Documentation of errata process and criteria.
  4. Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
    • Activities with Other SDOs planning call update
    • Reminder: TRAC resumes meeting this week!
  5. WGM Planning -
  6. Open Issues List


Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:
Housekeeping

  1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests) Brian observing
  2. Agenda review and approval - Austin Kreisler
  3. Approve Minutes of 2013-03-25 TSC Call Agenda unanimously approved

Governance

  1. Approval items:
  2. Discussion topics:
    • Filtering on 'tool-enabling' artifacts available to non-members (30 minutes) at TSC Tracker 2585
      • See machine processable artifacts
        • Austin reviewed his changes to the document.
        • Austin: Does everyone agree that the Board should focus on Product Lines instead of technical directions? The Board could assist with how to market product lines instead of looking at individual artifacts.
        • Call participants agreed with the above.
        • Austin: The V2 references XML rendering a profile.
        • This topic is on the Board agenda today; Austin will present the document with his revisions made in the TSC meeting today at the Board meeting
    • Draft metrics for mid-tier governance and management group health. Example attendance metrics for TSC WGH Tracker #2583 (Austin, Calvin)
      • Austin reviewed the Draft Metrics document (linked in the agenda) and walked through each bullet.
      • Listserv activity - Is this a good metric for the Governance/Management group health (not sure how active these listservs are). The group agreed to keep it on the list as there should be limited activity simply to set up meetings.
      • Regarding the Group Rep at Overseer Group WGM - With SD cochairs attending the TSC meeting, the metric would be based on the SD being represented at the TSC meetings, hence if a SD is present, it's counted as 'met'.
      • Regarding the 'Red/Yellow/Green table, one must 'And' the last two columns in the table to get the color in the left column.
      • Next steps: Pilot these metrics for the next trimester cycle
      • Ron: Report that this type of oversight is being implemented to the Board. Austin will provide this information in his TSC report to the Board in an upcoming Board call (it's too late to be done for today's call)

Management

  1. Review action items
  2. Approval items
  3. Discussion topics:
    • ArB appointments
      • Replacement for Charlie Mead on ORC
        • John Quinn received Charlie Mead's resignation a couple of weeks ago.
        • John, Austin Kreisler, Ron Parker and Tony Julian met to discuss who could replace Charlie.
        • Ron Parker will replace Charlie Mead as chair; Lorraine Constable will replace Ron Parker as Vice Chair.
        • Quinn needs a motion to accept the following:
          • Charlie Mead's resignation
          • Ron Parker's promotion to ArB Chair
          • Acceptance of Lorraine Constable as Vice Chair
        • Motion by Beeler; Beebe seconds.
        • Motion carried unanimously

        • Motion by Beebe (Quinn seconds) for someone to write a formal letter of appreciation to Charlie for his work on the ArB
        • Motion carried unanimously
        • Austin volunteered to writhe the letter with assistance from John and Lynn

    • Documentation of errata process and criteria.
      • Austin is continuing to work on this action item
  4. Reports
  5. WGM Planning
    • The regular Tuesday lunch meeting for the TSC has been moved to Wednesday since the Board is going to meet Wednesday morning and through lunch.
    • Some of the Saturday topics for discussion:
      • Instilling processes/triggers/reviews to insure various vitality items are addressed. The outcome will be work to build management process/methodology for areas that don't have these built already.
      • ANSI Audit items
    • For the Sunday Meeting, we'll have a topic of 'What's next for the ArB'
    • Ron would like to have a clearly identified 3-Year scope
    • If anyone has topics/agenda items for the May 2013 WGM TSC meetings, forward them to Austin and/or Lynn
  6. Open Issues List

Please don't forget to hang up from the conference call (VOIP users)

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • Dave - Research to see if the Steering Divisions participated in the past WGM surveys? Report his findings to Austin and Lynn. DONE

Beginning with the Sept 2012 WGM in Baltimore, every survey contained entries from Steering Divisions. Prior to that, perhaps the dropdown list for 'Work Groups' didn't contain the Steering Divisions.

  • Austin - Work with John and Lynn to write a formal letter of appreciation to Charlie for his work on the ArB
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


© 2013 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.