2013-02-04 TSC Call Minutes

From HL7 TSC
Revision as of 21:42, 14 February 2013 by Llaakso (talk | contribs) (moved 2013-02-04 TSC Call Agenda to 2013-02-04 TSC Call Minutes: minutes approved)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to navigation Jump to search

TSC Agenda/Minutes

Meeting Info/Attendees

HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
GoToMeeting ID: 165-215-206

Date: 2013-02-04
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Austin Kreisler Note taker(s): Lynn Laakso
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented yes
Chair/CTO ArB International Affiliate Rep Ad-Hoc
x Austin Kreisler x Charlie Mead x Ravi Natarajan .
x John Quinn x Ron Parker x Jean Duteau
Domain Experts Foundation and Technology Structure and Semantic Design Technical and Support Services
x Melva Peters x Woody Beeler x Calvin Beebe x Freida Hall
x Mead Walker x Tony Julian . Pat van Dyke x Andy Stechishin
ex officio Invited Guests Observers HL7 Staff
. Don Mon (HL7 Chair) w/vote . x Brian Pech x Lynn Laakso
. Bob Dolin (Vice Chair) vote . . . obs2 .
. Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote . . . .

Agenda

Housekeeping

  1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
  2. Agenda review and approval - Austin Kreisler
  3. Approve Minutes of 2013-01-28 TSC Call Agenda, and postponed approval of 2012-12-17 TSC Call Agenda

Governance

  1. Approval items:
  2. Discussion topics:
    • Work group health, need a measure covering 2+ co-chairs for a work group
    • Should we factor in work group health (apart from project health) in PSS approvals. Should work groups in the red be allowed to initiate projects?

Management

  1. Review action items
  2. Approval items:
  3. Discussion topics:
    • DESD issue regarding work group that has insufficient co-chairs
    • BAM joint meeting scheduling with ArB (T3SD - Brian Pech)
  4. Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
  5. Open Issues List

Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:
Convened at 11:02 AM

  1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests) Brian observing
  2. Agenda review and approval - Austin Kreisler - no changes identified
  3. Approve Minutes of 2013-01-28 TSC Call Agenda, and postponed approval of 2012-12-17 TSC Call Agenda - Ravi abstains, passes 6/0/1

Governance

  1. Approval items:
  2. Discussion topics:
    • Work group health, need a measure covering 2+ co-chairs for a work group
      • According to GOM must have two cochairs routinely participating in WGMs (2 out of 3 per year). Commonly due to temporarily suspended membership due to delay in dues payment.
      • Jean prefers something more drastic. If the WG is unable to elect another cochair they should defend their position to the TSC or be disbanded. Austin thought we'd have it like WG minutes as an automatic red and request their presence at the TSC meeting at the WGM. Calvin would like to see net gain of zero - if we add a WGH metric we remove another.
    • Should we factor in work group health (apart from project health) in PSS approvals. Should work groups in the red be allowed to initiate projects?
      • One project for consideration today is sponsored by a WG having only one cochair. We may wish to make procedural process that we not approve projects for WGs "in the red" and one automatic red status if there are not enough cochairs. Andy notes T3SD WGs typically only have two cochairs and one is board-appointed.
      • Harmonization metric, for example, has not been successful. Pattern harmonization has not picked up in the harmonization process. Calvin suggests we pull Harmonization metric and add cochairs >1 instead.
      • Charlie notes we have informally committed to do governance in a more formal fashion. We may want to take the next step to formally write down with WGH as a governance point. WGH and Work Group Viability may be distinguished in this way.
      • Ravi suggests we provide direction to help the unhealthy work groups in order for them to survive. Mead notes that the existence of a particular work group is not as important as the work that the WG is doing. Austin adds we have sought ways for the work to continue or a place to initiate new work if necessary. Standards tied to the work group need to have a place. Much of it is a case-by-case basis, as we tried with Government Projects. Woody notes that it makes sense to add it to WGH so it's visible and we can deal with it. Calvin notes TRAC will need a dashboard for monitoring, some are issues we have to deal with, and some that are risks for early warnings.
      • Jean points out WGs like mHealth who were red because they were new, versus others that are malfunctioning. The WGs need to understand that these metrics are for their use.
      • Austin notes WGH now has two ways to get "in the red". Either cumulative check marks or some automatic criteria like missing minutes. Calvin thinks the WGH is important for bringing the TSC's attention to issues.
      • TRAC has not yet circulated a scheduling poll to determine their meeting time.
      • ACTION ITEM: Austin, Charlie and Calvin will work offline to draft the precise measurement of a new metric.
      • WGH as PSS approval consideration needs to separate WG Health from viability. It should be considered alongside PBS Metrics as a factor. Freida notes that there is guidance for Steering Division chairs for considering PSS. Consideration might be to identify if the WG is viable (green or yellow). ACTION ITEM: Freida will send the current version to see if there is other guidance to be offered.

Management

  1. Review action items
  2. Approval items: - for e-vote this week
  3. Discussion topics:
    • DESD issue regarding work group that has insufficient co-chairs
      • as discussed above, Patient Safety and Anatomic Pathology have this issue; DESD co-chairs should work with their WGs on mitigation. Mead is the remaining cochair of Patient Safety and is working with his group to identify additional resources. He was willing to close the group down in Phoenix but others wished to keep it active. They are not meeting in Atlanta, and while there are those that find their work important, the resources aren't there.
      • AP failed to elect someone in the last cycle and there is some question as to what is happening with them.
      • TSC would like to see a list of all the cochairs, elected with or without membership status. ACTION ITEM: Lynn will try to get a list of cochairs and membership status
    • BAM joint meeting scheduling with ArB
      • T3SD - Brian Pech volunteered
      • Melva would participate for DESD but will be on Singapore time for a couple months.
      • Tony and Woody report that they had no volunteers for FTSD. Tony asks for two weeks as FTSD does not meet this week. Woody volunteers to find a representative or he will participate himself.
      • Calvin volunteers for SSD SD.
      • Jean and Ravi need to come up with a name or plan to volunteer themselves.


Adjourned 11:46 AM

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • Austin, Charlie and Calvin will work offline to draft the precise measurement of a new metric .
  • Freida will send the current version of guidance for Steering Division chairs for considering PSS to see if there is other guidance to be offered.
  • Lynn will try to get a list of cochairs and membership status

ean and Ravi need to come up with a name or plan to volunteer themselves for BAM joint meeting scheduling with ArB.

Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


© 2013 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.