2012-09-09 TSC WGM SDO Activities Agenda

From HL7 TSC
Revision as of 13:43, 25 September 2012 by Llaakso (talk | contribs)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to navigation Jump to search

TSC Sunday Q4 Agenda - 2012 Sep Plenary and WGM, Baltimore MD USA

back to TSC Minutes and Agendas
to JIC Projects page

to ISO_and_JIC_projects wiki page

TSC HL7 activities with other SDOs Meeting

Location: Constellation EF

Date: 2012-09-09
Time: Sunday Q4
Facilitator Austin Kreisler Note taker(s) Lynn Laakso
Opportunity for HL7 WGM attendees to review activities in collaboration with other SDOs such as IHE, OMG, and the JWG and JIC, and provide comment.
Attendee list


Agenda

Welcome and Introduction - Austin Kreisler

  1. FHIR presentation (Lloyd McKenzie, Ewout Kramer) (15 mins)
  2. OMG presentation (Peter Young)
  3. How to organize this session going forward
    • Current TSC and ORC chair need someone else to continue this role


Links to SDO liaison reports

Attached reports:

  • HL7 activities with AHIP: John Quinn
  • HL7 activities with ADA: Pat Van Dyke reports:
    • The ADA Standards Committee for Dental Informatics (SCDI) continues to develop their ADA Spec. 1067 using the EHR-FM R1.1 as a reference. The project to develop a joint ADA/HL7 profile based off of the Electronic Health Record Functional Model has been delayed. The ADA may bring that project forward in 2013 (as of a February discussion with Mark Diehl who is leading that project.)
    • There is a renewed interest in the Periodontal Attachment from the Attachments Work Group. We will find joint resources to update and complete that attachment. The plan is to move it into CDA.
  • HL7 activities with CDISC: Becky Kush
  • HL7 activities with CEN TC 251: Mark Shafarman
  • HL7 activities with Continua: Chuck Jaffe
  • HL7 activities with DICOM: Helmut Koenig reports there are no relevant updates for HL7 at this time.
  • HL7 activities with DSMO: Durwin Day or Mary Lynn Bushman
  • HL7 activities with GS1: Chuck Jaffe
  • HL7 activities with IEEE (11073): Todd Cooper
  • HL7 activities with IHE: Chuck Jaffe, Keith Boone
  • HL7 activities with IHTSDO: Russ Hamm reports:
    • Workbench Activities - The May WGM saw HL7 complete a formal mapping of the HL7 V3 vocabulary defined in the MIF. This mapping provides the technical alignment between the vocabulary MIF and the IHTSDO Workbench for Concept Domains, Value Sets, Code Systems and Bindings. Based on the results of this mapping the Vocabulary and Tooling WGs are defining a project to proceed with loading a subset of content from the vocabulary MIF and representing it in the Workbench. This content representation will be used as pilot content to verify Workbench functional capability in maintaining HL7 terminology content as well as identify potential content load issues. . The HL7 content load process will be documented and made available on the IHTSDO Collabnet and Archiva environments to allow HL7 members to replicate the load process.
    • TermInfo Activities - Since the May WGM the Terminfo 2 project has explored a number of issues and situations of overlap and interaction between the SNOMED-CT and/or LOINC terminologies and the HL7 V2 and V3 information models. We are continuing to progress toward a revised DSTU incorporating these understandings. We have also spent time determining the most useful tools and workflow for collaborative development, editing and publishing of the updated standard.
  • HL7 activities with IRISS: Ed Tripp
  • HL7 activities with NCPDP- Margaret Weiker reports:
    • NCPDP WG2 – Product Identification has a task group, The Structure Product Labeling Activities Task Group which tracks the activities of the SPL, offers suggestions to improve access and usability of the FDA Structured Product Label and Electronic Drug Listings, and monitors the work of the Guiding Coalition for feedback to the WG. This task group met during the WG meeting. The Coalition has sent 13 letters to the FDA and is working on letters regarding 14-Day Submission of SPL, Product Information Alignment, and Manufacturer Conformance Areas. They continue to collaborate with the HL7 SPL Leadership Team/SPL Working Group. The process whereby the Billing Unit Standard can be added to the SPL Indexing Files has been finalized.
    • NCPDP WG11 – ePrescribing and Related Transaction has a task group, NCPDP/HL7 Pharmacist Functional Profile Task Group discussed the HL7 release 2 changes to the Pharmacist/Pharmacy Provider Profile.
    • NCPDP WG14 - Long Term and Post Acute Care (LTPAC) has 1 task group that interfaces with HL7 Automation in LTPAC Task Group – received questions on the white paper regarding the use of the HL7 messages in pharmacy. The Task Group will meet to finalize responses to the questions during this quarter.
  • HL7 activities with NQF: Chuck Jaffe
  • HL7 activities with NUCC: Nancy Wilson-Ramon
  • HL7 activities with OMG: Ken Rubin
  • HL7 activities with Regenstrief/LOINC: Ted Klein sends a report
  • HL7 activities with SCO: John Quinn or Chuck Jaffe
  • Hl7 Activities with The Health Story Project: Joy Kuhl
  • HL7 Activities with TIGER: Pat Van Dyke reports:
    • This group initially started by Linda Fischetti and sponsored by Ed Hammond, continues to meet for a Tuesday morning breakfast at each Working Group Meeting. We will focus on Nursing Education opportunities during this meeting. Several of the attendees currently teach informatics and have a desire to create and offer nursing informatics classes for HL7. We will also continue to explore methods of introducing HL7 into the curriculums of nursing schools and nursing organizations.
  • HL7 activities with W3C: John Quinn
  • HL7 Activities with WEDI: John Quinn
  • HL7 Activities with X12: John Quinn


Review of each JIC-sponsored event having HL7 engagement

Latest JIC report
  • BRIDG: Ed Tripp - balloted in HL7 and comment reconciliation posted. Needs reballot in ISO.
  • IDMP: Tim Buxton
  • CTRR: Ed Helton
  • DataTypes: Grahame Grieve
  • EHR-S FM: R2 went through Normative ballot in May and is undergoing reconciliation. ISO ballot not yet concluded.
  • PHR-S FM: In normative ballot out of cycle still open as a joint ISO-HL7 project

Minutes

Welcome and Introduction - Austin Kreisler

  1. FHIR presentation (Lloyd McKenzie, Ewout Kramer) (15 mins)
    • Lloyd presents the slide show at [1]
      • Richard Dixon-Hughes asks about the 80-20 rule and risks. 80% of what you need in the patient domain, in the various domains. The rest is by extensions.
      • Scott Robertson asks how you know if an element is in an extension. Lloyd notes anyone can create an extension, as a profile to be published with your vendors and kept private, but are encouraged to be broadly shared. HL7 will have a shareable repository with metadata.
      • Doug Fridsma asks about objectives and metrics for those objectives. Lloyd recognizes that they need to define metrics. FHIR Management Group still in formation. Uptake is a goal, used in industrial solutions. Mobile Health is attractive to a greenfield specification like this. Engagement in development of profiles and resources is a goal. Long-term they want to have a sense of how many places FHIR is being used, referenced in RFPs, etc. Doug clarifies such objectives as faster, better, cheaper. Lloyd agrees, as an example in the time to create a resource and get it through ballot to be less than a year. He illustrates Keith Boone wrote a FHIR client during a quarter yesterday which is an accomplishment for any development platform. Doug clarifies that adoption is not the right metric for within HL7 but getting it out there. Lloyd notes that usefulness will be demonstrated by adoption.
      • Harry Solomon comments that speed for releasing resources should not follow V2 ballot model to all ballot together. Lloyd notes that V2 is indeed the model they wish, to ensure that all the pieces work together with each ballot. Testing resources in an environment with everyone else's ensures visibility if you break things. They'll get the resources balloted as they become ready but they won't all be ready in the first version.
      • Hugh Glover notes the existing process is troubled by backlog. Starting with a new process helps avoid that. Mixing things that have been around forever with new development is more difficult. Ballot fatigue is inherited. Lloyd regards FHIR as an opportunity to revisit all sorts of things. FHIR is in a sort of continuous ballot by making the source available, the wiki is there all the time, they can receive comments at any time.
      • Product line management and impact analysis are cited by Ann Wrightson. She'd like to see a baseline anchored and the scale of change measured against impact of change. Lloyd notes that point would be at becoming normative. DSTU is to get a sense of what works and what doesn't. Change will not be pursued for its own sake after DSTU. Ann clarifies that product line management does not mean you won't change the product. Austin agrees that FHIR is the initial product line to be managed and is being set up. Lloyd reports the ArB worked today on the HL7 Business model definition. John adds that the management group nominees were identified this morning by the FHIR Governance Group.
      • Harry repeats that you want to be able to incrementally add content. Lloyd notes that they can ballot the spec with the new content added and limit comments to the changes. Changes post-normative within a resource will be wire-format backward compatible.
  2. OMG presentation (Peter Young)
    • MaryKay McDaniel suggests US Taxonomy codes for representations of the services ontology discovery process on slide 30
    • Ted Klein asks about sub-service level integration on slide 32, in regards to CTS2. Peter confirms.
    • Richard Dixon-Hughes asks about multilingual application. Brian notes it's not specific to English but there's no specific cross-language support.
    • Mark Shafarman asks about semantic interoperability with FHIR, V3. Peter notes they used the V3 Information model but FHIR integration has not yet been attempted. Brian adds it's not about client information but provider information. Mappable persistent data store mapping is Mark's concern.
    • Ken Rubin notes HSSP services are coarse-grained and abstract by design. There are examples of use such as medication directory in the last ballot that bind to a subset of services.
    • Vince McCauley asks about discovery of logical services rather than physical services. Peter notes the concept is something they would be happy to explore.
  3. Harry Solomon offers a liaison report for DICOM.
  4. Ted narrates his slide report. Mark Shafarman asked about LOINC SNOMED agreement; Ted notes details are not available on the IP. Harry adds LOINC is working with RadLes.
    • OMG update from Ken Rubin, Tuesday Q2 in SOA check the board for location. OHT meeting at the end of the week, jumpstart meeting Q5 Thursday.
  5. How to organize this session going forward
    • Current TSC and ORC chair need someone else to continue this role and seek volunteers.
    • Ann Wrightson asks for more liaison reports.

Adjourned at 17:03 EDT