Difference between revisions of "2012-08-06 TSC Call Minutes"

From HL7 TSC
Jump to navigation Jump to search
 

Latest revision as of 17:25, 13 August 2012

TSC Agenda/Minutes

Meeting Info/Attendees

HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
GoToMeeting ID: 165-215-206

Date: 2012-08-06
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Austin Kreisler Note taker(s): Lynn Laakso
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented yes
Chair/CTO ArB International Affiliate Rep Ad-Hoc
x Austin Kreisler x Charlie Mead . Ravi Natarajan . Helen Stevens
. John Quinn regrets Ron Parker regrets Giorgio Cangioli
Domain Experts Foundation and Technology Structure and Semantic Design Technical and Support Services
x Ed Tripp x Woody Beeler x Calvin Beebe x Freida Hall
x Mead Walker x Tony Julian x Pat van Dyke . Patrick Loyd
ex officio Invited Guests Observers HL7 Staff
. Don Mon (HL7 Chair) w/vote x Jane Curry . obs1 x Lynn Laakso
. Bob Dolin (Vice Chair) vote x Kathleen Connor . obs2 .
. Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote . tba . . .

Agenda

Housekeeping

  1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
  2. Agenda review and approval - Austin Kreisler
  3. Approve Minutes

Governance

  1. Approval items: Review Business Architecture model projects:
  2. Discussion topics:
    • TSC Chair report from Board retreat
    • GOC Work Items peer review (The peer review period will close end of day August 30,2012.)

Management

  1. Review action items
  2. Approval items:
  3. Discussion topics:
  4. Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
    • WGM registrants 120 - hotel cutoff is a week from Friday
  5. Open Issues List


Supporting Documents

  • See links

Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:
Convened 11:02 AM EDT

  1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests) - Kathleen here for SSOA, Jane is project facilitator for Risk Assessment
  2. Agenda review and approval - Austin Kreisler - move board report from TSC Chair ahead of approval items in Governance; move SSOA first above governance to accommodate Kathleen
  3. Approve Minutes of 2012-07-30 TSC Call Agenda - Mead abstains, Ed carries the vote for unanimous approval.
  4. Project Scope Statement for HL7 Security Service Oriented Architecture Domain Analysis Model (SSOA DAM), at Project Insight # 914 and TSC Tracker # 2329 for Security WG of FTSD, cosponsored by SOA WG of FTSD and CBCC WG of DESD. Kathleen describes this is a compilation of a number of privacy and security information modeling efforts. PBS Metrics not reviewed by Steering Division; reviewed on the call. No serious red flags. Send to e-vote. Kathleen leaves the call.

Governance

  1. Discussion topics:
    • TSC Chair report from Board retreat
      • Austin gives an overview from the Board retreat. Austin presents a slide deck. Board directs TSC to plan for an implement a formal product line structure for HL7 products. Jane asks if organizational-level distinction of interest in implementation will be considered with respect to intellectual property discussions? Considerations on restructuring standards development composed many slides, and simplifying and supporting adoption. Woody asks if this is broadly accepted by the Board or narrow group of proponents. Broad acceptance was perceived.
  2. Approval items: Review Business Architecture model projects:
      • ArB HL7 Business Architecture Model (HL7 BAM) at TSC Tracker # 2326
      • Project approval *in committee* for TSC Governance System for HL7 Business Architecture at TSC Tracker # 2327
      • Project Scope update for HL7 Architecture Program (HL7 AP) formerly the SAIF Architecture Program at Project Insight #751, and TSC Tracker # 2325
      • Giorgio's email to TSC reviewed. Jane notes that some of the product pieces are in parallel, including feedback loops. All three are interdependent. Developing the to-be model is governance and GAM projects. Implementation project at least partially depends on output of other two projects. Austin feels he needs more time to sit and craft responses to Giorgio's questions. Pat suggests a visual representation of how they relate would be helpful. Postpone to next week.
  3. Discussion topics:
    • GOC Work Items peer review (The peer review period will close end of day August 30,2012.) New version sent out this morning and TSC members should review for potential recommendations next week.

Management

  1. Review action items
  2. Approval items:
    • Ballot name change of "HL7 Implementation Guide for CDA® Release 2: IHE Health Story Consolidation, DSTU Release 2 - US Realm" (1st DSTU Update Ballot) – Project Insight ID: 728 Unique Ballot ID: CDAR2_IG_IHE_CONSOL_DSTU_R2_U1_2012SEP to “HL7 Implementation Guides for CDA® Release 2: Patient Questionnaire Assessment Summary, Release 1” (CDAR2_PQAS_R1_D1_2012AUG)
      • initial name on NIB was in error. WG failed to catch it. TSC needs to endorse retroactive name change as ballot opened last Friday with new name. Motion: Calvin moves, Woody seconds approval of name change. Vote: unanimously approved
    • For e-vote this week:
    • Last week's e-vote results - Quorum not achieved! (ArB, CTO, and DESD voting)
      • When asked, seemed more efficient to vote on the call rather than extend the e-vote.
      • Publication Request for HL7 Implementation Guide for CDA® Release 2 - Level 3: Healthcare Associated Infection Reports, Release 8, at Project Insight 866 and TSC Tracker 2330 as DSTU by Structured Document WG of SSD SD for 24 months. Motion: Calvin moves and Pat seconds approval. Vote: Freida abstains for T3SD, passes 4/0/1.
      • Interim Updates to the 2012 Project Scope Statement Template, at PI# 911 and TSC Tracker # 2328 for Project Services of T3SD.
        • Woody asks if this is for the rest of 2012 or for 2013 - Freida confirms it is for the rest of 2012. Mead asks if people submit things on the current template will they be rejected? Austin feels that once it's rolled out and approved we'll stop accepting the old templates. Mead asks if we should wait. Specifics of the updates reviewed. Calvin asks what the Conformance Facilitator definition would be? Freida notes that it would be provided in the new Scope Statement document to be developed if this project is approved. TSC requested an interim release for the ballot level guidance so not approving the project is not appropriate. Freida notes that we may approve the new scope statement and not yet requiring new projects to use the new template. Woody suggests the 2013 changes be rolled into the interim release rather than another release after 4 months. Action item: Freida can ask Dave to provide a list of the 2013 Project Scope Statement changes they have collected so far. Austin feels that the Governance projects will have an impact on the project scope statements so we may want to still accommodate a January release. Routine maintenance of PSS is one thing (change date to 2013) but even bigger changes may be coming down to implement product lines. Ed suggests we hold 2013 changes for next major release to accommodate changes from the HL7 Architecture Program. Austin suggests we add the TSC may direct additional interim changes. Motion: Ed moves we accept PSS as amended. Freida seconds. Vote: unanimously approved.
  3. Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
    • WGM registrants 120 - hotel cutoff is a week from Friday - Charlie could not register Friday or Saturday - he will send a note to Lynn to work with Lillian.


Adjourned 11:59 AM EDT

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • Freida can ask Dave to provide a list of the 2013 Project Scope Statement changes they have collected so far.
  • Charlie will send a note to Lynn to work with Lillian on registration for the hotel Friday and Saturday.
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

.


© 2012 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.