Difference between revisions of "2012-07-30 TSC Call Minutes"

From HL7 TSC
Jump to navigation Jump to search
 
(6 intermediate revisions by the same user not shown)
Line 1: Line 1:
__NOTOC__
 
 
==TSC Agenda/Minutes ==
 
==TSC Agenda/Minutes ==
  
 
===Meeting Info/Attendees===
 
===Meeting Info/Attendees===
{{:TSC Meetings}}
+
[[Category:2012 TSC Minutes]]
  [[Category:2012 TSC Minutes|Agenda Template]]
 
  
 
{|border="1" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0"  
 
{|border="1" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0"  
Line 17: Line 15:
 
{|border="1" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0"  
 
{|border="1" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0"  
 
|colspan="4" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"| Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented
 
|colspan="4" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"| Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"| '''yes/no'''
+
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"| '''yes'''
 
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|
 
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|
 
|-
 
|-
 
|colspan="2"|Chair/CTO ||colspan="2"|ArB ||colspan="2"|International Affiliate Rep ||colspan="2"|Ad-Hoc
 
|colspan="2"|Chair/CTO ||colspan="2"|ArB ||colspan="2"|International Affiliate Rep ||colspan="2"|Ad-Hoc
 
|-
 
|-
|.||Austin Kreisler||.||Charlie Mead||.||Ravi Natarajan||.||Helen Stevens
+
|x||Austin Kreisler||x||Charlie Mead||x||Ravi Natarajan||1st half||Helen Stevens
 
|-
 
|-
|.||John Quinn ||.||Ron Parker||.||Giorgio Cangioli||
+
|.||John Quinn ||x||Ron Parker||x||Giorgio Cangioli||
  
 
|-
 
|-
Line 33: Line 31:
  
 
|-
 
|-
|.||Ed Tripp||.||Woody Beeler||.||Calvin Beebe||.||Freida Hall
+
|x||Ed Tripp||x||Woody Beeler||x||Calvin Beebe||x||Freida Hall
 
|-
 
|-
|.||Mead Walker||.||Tony Julian||.||Pat van Dyke||.||Patrick Loyd
+
|.||Mead Walker||x||Tony Julian||x||Pat van Dyke||.||Patrick Loyd
 
|-
 
|-
 
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|''ex officio''
 
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|''ex officio''
Line 42: Line 40:
 
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|HL7 Staff
 
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|HL7 Staff
 
|-
 
|-
|.||Don Mon (HL7 Chair) w/vote||.||tba||.||''obs1''||.||Lynn Laakso
+
|.||Don Mon (HL7 Chair) w/vote||x||Jane Curry||x||Brian Pech||x||Lynn Laakso
 
|-
 
|-
 
|.||Bob Dolin (Vice Chair) <s>vote</s>||.||tba||.||''obs2''||.||
 
|.||Bob Dolin (Vice Chair) <s>vote</s>||.||tba||.||''obs2''||.||
Line 57: Line 55:
 
#Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
 
#Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
 
#Agenda review and approval - Austin Kreisler
 
#Agenda review and approval - Austin Kreisler
#Approve Minutes
+
#Approve Minutes of [[2012-07-23 TSC Call Agenda]]
#Review [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemBrowse&tracker_id=494 action items]
 
 
<!--              -->
 
<!--              -->
 
<!--  Governance  -->
 
<!--  Governance  -->
Line 64: Line 61:
 
#*Review Business Architecture model projects:
 
#*Review Business Architecture model projects:
 
#** [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2326/9518/HL7BAMPSSv3.doc ArB HL7 Business Architecture Model (HL7 BAM)] at [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2326&start=0 TSC Tracker # 2326]
 
#** [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2326/9518/HL7BAMPSSv3.doc ArB HL7 Business Architecture Model (HL7 BAM)] at [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2326&start=0 TSC Tracker # 2326]
#**[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2327/9519/HL7TSCBAMGovernanceSystemPSS-ccm-changetrack-updates.doc Project approval] *in committee* for ''TSC Governance System for HL7 Business Architecture''  at [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2327&start=0 TSC Tracker # 2327]
+
#**[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2327/9538/HL7TSCBAMGovernanceSystemPSS.doc Project approval] *in committee* for ''TSC Governance System for HL7 Business Architecture''  at [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2327&start=0 TSC Tracker # 2327]
 
#**[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2325/9517/HL7ArchitectureProgramPSS.doc Project Scope update] for HL7 Architecture Program (HL7 AP) formerly the SAIF Architecture Program at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=751 Project Insight #751], and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2325&start=0 TSC Tracker # 2325]
 
#**[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2325/9517/HL7ArchitectureProgramPSS.doc Project Scope update] for HL7 Architecture Program (HL7 AP) formerly the SAIF Architecture Program at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=751 Project Insight #751], and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2325&start=0 TSC Tracker # 2325]
 
#***See also Risk Assessment and Governance for HL7 Architecture Program at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=901 Project Insight # 901]
 
#***See also Risk Assessment and Governance for HL7 Architecture Program at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=901 Project Insight # 901]
Line 76: Line 73:
 
#***HL7 Implementation Guide for CDA® Release 2: Behavioral Health Assessment, Release 1 - US Realm
 
#***HL7 Implementation Guide for CDA® Release 2: Behavioral Health Assessment, Release 1 - US Realm
 
#***HL7 Version 2.8 Messaging Standard  
 
#***HL7 Version 2.8 Messaging Standard  
 +
#*Approval/notice: Ballot open delay to Friday 2012-08-17, closing for Monday 2012-09-17
 +
#**HL7 Personal Health Record System Functional Model, Release 1 (1st normative ballot)
 
#*Last week's e-vote - passed  
 
#*Last week's e-vote - passed  
 
#**[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2314/9477/HL7V2PublishingPSSJune2012.doc Project Scope] for''V2 Publishing Database Upgrade'', at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=905 Project Insight # 905] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2314&start=0 TSC Tracker # 2314], for (V2) Publishing WG of Technical and Support Services SD (T3SD) and cosponsored by Tooling WG.  
 
#**[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2314/9477/HL7V2PublishingPSSJune2012.doc Project Scope] for''V2 Publishing Database Upgrade'', at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=905 Project Insight # 905] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2314&start=0 TSC Tracker # 2314], for (V2) Publishing WG of Technical and Support Services SD (T3SD) and cosponsored by Tooling WG.  
Line 85: Line 84:
 
#Discussion topics:  
 
#Discussion topics:  
 
#*Open pending ballot issues: withdrawals to date
 
#*Open pending ballot issues: withdrawals to date
#Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
+
#Review [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemBrowse&tracker_id=494 action items]
<!-- #WGM Planning - -->
+
#*Pat will outreach to Erin on developing a three-year plan for the new Mobile Health WG and establishing their DMP and SWOT.
#[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemBrowse&tracker_id=313 Open Issues List]
+
#*Freida will submit a change request to the GOM to add the x-Paradigm naming example for cross-paradigm ballot names.
 +
#*Calvin will follow up with PA WG to reactivate Project 318 and update scope to current scope of work for Patient Registry project and ballot
  
  
Line 96: Line 96:
 
'''Minutes/Conclusions Reached:'''<br/>
 
'''Minutes/Conclusions Reached:'''<br/>
  
 +
#Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests) Jane is here as Project Facilitator for Risk Governance for AP. Brian is observing.
 +
#Agenda review and approval - Austin Kreisler - approved by general consent
 +
#Approve Minutes of [[2012-07-23 TSC Call Agenda]] - Ravi abstains; approved 7/0/1.
 +
<!--              -->
 +
<!--  Governance  -->
 +
====Governance ====
 +
#*Review Business Architecture model projects:
 +
#** [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2326/9518/HL7BAMPSSv3.doc ArB HL7 Business Architecture Model (HL7 BAM)] at [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2326&start=0 TSC Tracker # 2326]
 +
#***Charlie describes the project, developing to-be business architecture model, product line management, and governance structure around Erl concepts. Organization changes would be at the TSC level and below. Austin seeks approval 'in committee' as part of the package of projects to go forward.
 +
#***Calvin asks about the goal state in Project Need. Goal state might be level of abstraction but it really represents the description of the target organizational model. This is an iterative process, but this project is only a description and documentation, not an implementation phase.
 +
#***Helen asks about the work the Board is doing on the Business Model. She feels they should be aligned. Austin intends to communicate the TSC intention with their project, and need for alignment with the Board's Business Model. However the TSC has no impact on how the Board operates.
 +
#***She further asks who will work on this, among the ArB with business architecture experience. Charlie notes that the ArB will build the model from the appropriate knowledge from other individuals. Austin feels the thought leaders among the product lines should participate. However they have not started outreach yet until the TSC has reviewed.
 +
#**This project is more on the methodology aspect. The other two projects are on governance and management.
 +
#**[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2325/9517/HL7ArchitectureProgramPSS.doc Project Scope update] for HL7 Architecture Program (HL7 AP) formerly the SAIF Architecture Program at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=751 Project Insight #751], and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2325&start=0 TSC Tracker # 2325] - this is the implementation piece, for management.
 +
#***Ravi asks if we should wait on the management project until after the Business Architecture is identified. Austin feels we should run in parallel. Planning for implementation must occur simultaneously with development of the model. Implementation will be executed when the plan is completed.
 +
#**[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2327/9538/HL7TSCBAMGovernanceSystemPSS.doc Project approval] *in committee* for ''TSC Governance System for HL7 Business Architecture'' at [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2327&start=0 TSC Tracker # 2327]
 +
#***See also Risk Assessment and Governance for HL7 Architecture Program at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=901 Project Insight # 901]
 +
#***This risk assessment is really the TSC's job and needed to set up framework for the Business Architecture, to tell us what we should be governing. E.g. for V3 projects the RIM must be managed so we have a Harmonization process.
 +
#**Approval in-committee will allow us to circulate these to others and begin recruiting participants and knowledge. Helen moves support of this direction so that Austin can discuss with the Board. Woody seconds endorsement for the purposes of Board discussion. We can bring it back for proper in-committee approval next week. '''Vote: '''unanimously approved. Austin will review again next week.
 +
#**Helen leaves, Patrick joins.
 +
#**Giorgio asks about the use of the model - he will follow up with email to clarify question.
 +
<!--              -->
 +
<!--  Management  -->
 +
====Management====
 +
<!--              -->
 +
<!--    Approvals  -->
 +
#Approval items:
 +
#*Approval/notice: Ballot open delay to 2012-08-03 for
 +
#***HL7 Implementation Guide for CDA® Release 2: Behavioral Health Assessment, Release 1 - US Realm
 +
#***HL7 Version 2.8 Messaging Standard (may not ballot this cycle if they can't give us a
 +
#***No impact to close date. Formal vote not needed.
 +
#*Approval/notice: Ballot open delay to Friday 2012-08-17, closing for Monday 2012-09-17
 +
#**HL7 Personal Health Record System Functional Model, Release 1 (1st normative ballot)
 +
#**Pat notes that one reason for the delay is that this material is for HL7 and ISO ballot so they have to get the information cleaned up and criteria correct for content and reconciliation of ISO comments. '''Motion: ''' Pat moves approval of alternate ballot dates. Freida seconds. '''Vote: ''' unanimously approved.
 +
#*Last week's e-vote - passed 7/0/0
 +
#**[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2314/9477/HL7V2PublishingPSSJune2012.doc Project Scope] for''V2 Publishing Database Upgrade'', at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=905 Project Insight # 905] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2314&start=0 TSC Tracker # 2314], for (V2) Publishing WG of Technical and Support Services SD (T3SD) and cosponsored by Tooling WG.
 +
#**[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2313/9476/HL7_PSS_TutorialTrackingInformationSystem20120709.doc Project Scope] for ''Tutorial Tracking Information System'', at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=546 Project Insight #546]  and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2313&start=0 TSC Tracker #2313], for Education WG of T3SD
 +
#*For e-vote this week:
 +
#**[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2328/9521/2012SEP_PSS_PjtSvcs_DHamill_2012PSS_InterimUpdates.doc Interim Updates to the 2012 Project Scope Statement Template], at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=911 PI# 911] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2328&start=0 TSC Tracker # 2328] for Project Services of T3SD.
 +
#**just sent out DSTU publication request for consideration next week. Austin reminds that we don't historically circulate publication requests for review. Lynn will add to this week's e-vote.
 +
<!--              -->
 +
<!--  Discussion  -->
 +
#Discussion topics:
 +
#*Open pending ballot issues: Lynn will send withdrawals to date to the TSC list. Calvin reached out but received no word back from PA on Patient Registry project and ballot.
 +
#Review [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemBrowse&tracker_id=494 action items] –
 +
#*Pat will outreach to Erin on developing a three-year plan for the new Mobile Health WG and establishing their DMP and SWOT. She has done this outreach.
 +
#*Freida will submit a change request to the GOM to add the x-Paradigm naming example for cross-paradigm ballot names. Freida sent this out this morning and will be considered in the next cycle.
 +
 +
Adjourned 11:42 AM EDT.
  
'''''Please don't forget to hang up from the conference call '' (VOIP users)'''
 
 
===Next Steps===
 
===Next Steps===
 
{|border="1" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0"  
 
{|border="1" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0"  
 
|-
 
|-
 
|colspan="4" |'''Actions''' ''(Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)''<br/>
 
|colspan="4" |'''Actions''' ''(Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)''<br/>
* .
+
* Lynn will add DSTU publication request to this week's e-vote.
 +
* Lynn will send withdrawals to date to the TSC list.
 
|-
 
|-
 
|colspan="4" |'''Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items'''<br/>
 
|colspan="4" |'''Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items'''<br/>
*.
+
*[[2012-08-06 TSC Call Agenda]].
 
|}
 
|}
  
  
 
© 2012 Health Level Seven® International.  All rights reserved.
 
© 2012 Health Level Seven® International.  All rights reserved.

Latest revision as of 16:49, 6 August 2012

TSC Agenda/Minutes

Meeting Info/Attendees

HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
GoToMeeting ID: 165-215-206

Date: 2012-07-30
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Austin Kreisler Note taker(s): Lynn Laakso
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented yes
Chair/CTO ArB International Affiliate Rep Ad-Hoc
x Austin Kreisler x Charlie Mead x Ravi Natarajan 1st half Helen Stevens
. John Quinn x Ron Parker x Giorgio Cangioli
Domain Experts Foundation and Technology Structure and Semantic Design Technical and Support Services
x Ed Tripp x Woody Beeler x Calvin Beebe x Freida Hall
. Mead Walker x Tony Julian x Pat van Dyke . Patrick Loyd
ex officio Invited Guests Observers HL7 Staff
. Don Mon (HL7 Chair) w/vote x Jane Curry x Brian Pech x Lynn Laakso
. Bob Dolin (Vice Chair) vote . tba . obs2 .
. Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote . tba . . .

Agenda

Housekeeping

  1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
  2. Agenda review and approval - Austin Kreisler
  3. Approve Minutes of 2012-07-23 TSC Call Agenda

Governance

Management

  1. Approval items:
  2. Discussion topics:
    • Open pending ballot issues: withdrawals to date
  3. Review action items
    • Pat will outreach to Erin on developing a three-year plan for the new Mobile Health WG and establishing their DMP and SWOT.
    • Freida will submit a change request to the GOM to add the x-Paradigm naming example for cross-paradigm ballot names.
    • Calvin will follow up with PA WG to reactivate Project 318 and update scope to current scope of work for Patient Registry project and ballot


Supporting Documents

  • See links

Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:

  1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests) Jane is here as Project Facilitator for Risk Governance for AP. Brian is observing.
  2. Agenda review and approval - Austin Kreisler - approved by general consent
  3. Approve Minutes of 2012-07-23 TSC Call Agenda - Ravi abstains; approved 7/0/1.

Governance

    • Review Business Architecture model projects:
      • ArB HL7 Business Architecture Model (HL7 BAM) at TSC Tracker # 2326
        • Charlie describes the project, developing to-be business architecture model, product line management, and governance structure around Erl concepts. Organization changes would be at the TSC level and below. Austin seeks approval 'in committee' as part of the package of projects to go forward.
        • Calvin asks about the goal state in Project Need. Goal state might be level of abstraction but it really represents the description of the target organizational model. This is an iterative process, but this project is only a description and documentation, not an implementation phase.
        • Helen asks about the work the Board is doing on the Business Model. She feels they should be aligned. Austin intends to communicate the TSC intention with their project, and need for alignment with the Board's Business Model. However the TSC has no impact on how the Board operates.
        • She further asks who will work on this, among the ArB with business architecture experience. Charlie notes that the ArB will build the model from the appropriate knowledge from other individuals. Austin feels the thought leaders among the product lines should participate. However they have not started outreach yet until the TSC has reviewed.
      • This project is more on the methodology aspect. The other two projects are on governance and management.
      • Project Scope update for HL7 Architecture Program (HL7 AP) formerly the SAIF Architecture Program at Project Insight #751, and TSC Tracker # 2325 - this is the implementation piece, for management.
        • Ravi asks if we should wait on the management project until after the Business Architecture is identified. Austin feels we should run in parallel. Planning for implementation must occur simultaneously with development of the model. Implementation will be executed when the plan is completed.
      • Project approval *in committee* for TSC Governance System for HL7 Business Architecture at TSC Tracker # 2327
        • See also Risk Assessment and Governance for HL7 Architecture Program at Project Insight # 901
        • This risk assessment is really the TSC's job and needed to set up framework for the Business Architecture, to tell us what we should be governing. E.g. for V3 projects the RIM must be managed so we have a Harmonization process.
      • Approval in-committee will allow us to circulate these to others and begin recruiting participants and knowledge. Helen moves support of this direction so that Austin can discuss with the Board. Woody seconds endorsement for the purposes of Board discussion. We can bring it back for proper in-committee approval next week. Vote: unanimously approved. Austin will review again next week.
      • Helen leaves, Patrick joins.
      • Giorgio asks about the use of the model - he will follow up with email to clarify question.

Management

  1. Approval items:
    • Approval/notice: Ballot open delay to 2012-08-03 for
        • HL7 Implementation Guide for CDA® Release 2: Behavioral Health Assessment, Release 1 - US Realm
        • HL7 Version 2.8 Messaging Standard (may not ballot this cycle if they can't give us a
        • No impact to close date. Formal vote not needed.
    • Approval/notice: Ballot open delay to Friday 2012-08-17, closing for Monday 2012-09-17
      • HL7 Personal Health Record System Functional Model, Release 1 (1st normative ballot)
      • Pat notes that one reason for the delay is that this material is for HL7 and ISO ballot so they have to get the information cleaned up and criteria correct for content and reconciliation of ISO comments. Motion: Pat moves approval of alternate ballot dates. Freida seconds. Vote: unanimously approved.
    • Last week's e-vote - passed 7/0/0
    • For e-vote this week:
  2. Discussion topics:
    • Open pending ballot issues: Lynn will send withdrawals to date to the TSC list. Calvin reached out but received no word back from PA on Patient Registry project and ballot.
  3. Review action items
    • Pat will outreach to Erin on developing a three-year plan for the new Mobile Health WG and establishing their DMP and SWOT. She has done this outreach.
    • Freida will submit a change request to the GOM to add the x-Paradigm naming example for cross-paradigm ballot names. Freida sent this out this morning and will be considered in the next cycle.

Adjourned 11:42 AM EDT.

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • Lynn will add DSTU publication request to this week's e-vote.
  • Lynn will send withdrawals to date to the TSC list.
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


© 2012 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.