Difference between revisions of "2012-07-16 TSC Call Minutes"

From HL7 TSC
Jump to navigation Jump to search
 
(6 intermediate revisions by 2 users not shown)
Line 4: Line 4:
  
 
===Meeting Info/Attendees===
 
===Meeting Info/Attendees===
{{:TSC Meetings}}
+
   [[Category:2012 TSC Minutes]]
   [[Category:2012 TSC Minutes|Agenda Template]]
 
  
 
{|border="1" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0"  
 
{|border="1" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0"  
Line 18: Line 17:
 
{|border="1" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0"  
 
{|border="1" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0"  
 
|colspan="4" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"| Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented
 
|colspan="4" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"| Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"| '''yes/no'''
+
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"| '''yes'''
 
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|
 
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|
 
|-
 
|-
 
|colspan="2"|Chair/CTO ||colspan="2"|ArB ||colspan="2"|International Affiliate Rep ||colspan="2"|Ad-Hoc
 
|colspan="2"|Chair/CTO ||colspan="2"|ArB ||colspan="2"|International Affiliate Rep ||colspan="2"|Ad-Hoc
 
|-
 
|-
|.||Austin Kreisler||.||Charlie Mead||.||Ravi Natarajan||.||Helen Stevens
+
|x||Austin Kreisler||x||Charlie Mead||x||Ravi Natarajan||x||Helen Stevens
 
|-
 
|-
|.||John Quinn ||.||Ron Parker||.||Giorgio Cangioli||
+
|x||John Quinn ||x||Ron Parker||regrets||Giorgio Cangioli||
  
 
|-
 
|-
Line 34: Line 33:
  
 
|-
 
|-
|.||Ed Tripp||.||Woody Beeler||.||Calvin Beebe||.||Freida Hall
+
|x||Ed Tripp||x||Woody Beeler||x||Calvin Beebe||x||Freida Hall
 
|-
 
|-
|.||Mead Walker||.||Tony Julian||.||Pat van Dyke||.||Patrick Loyd
+
|.||Mead Walker||x||Tony Julian||.||Pat van Dyke||.||Patrick Loyd
 
|-
 
|-
 
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|''ex officio''
 
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|''ex officio''
Line 43: Line 42:
 
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|HL7 Staff
 
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|HL7 Staff
 
|-
 
|-
|.||Don Mon (HL7 Chair) w/vote||.||tba||.||''obs1''||.||Lynn Laakso
+
|.||Don Mon (HL7 Chair) w/vote||.||tba||.||''obs1''||x||Lynn Laakso
 
|-
 
|-
 
|.||Bob Dolin (Vice Chair) <s>vote</s>||.||tba||.||''obs2''||.||
 
|.||Bob Dolin (Vice Chair) <s>vote</s>||.||tba||.||''obs2''||.||
Line 58: Line 57:
 
#Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
 
#Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
 
#Agenda review and approval - Austin Kreisler
 
#Agenda review and approval - Austin Kreisler
#Approve Minutes
+
#Approve Minutes of [[2012-07-09 TSC Call Agenda]]
#Review [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemBrowse&tracker_id=494 action items]
 
 
<!--              -->
 
<!--              -->
<!--    Approvals  -->
+
<!--    Governance -->
#Approval items:
+
#Governance (first monthly discussion)
#*'''Motion: ''' Approve [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2310/9469/PSS_MnM_CMET_BallotVersions3to9AsANSI_CMETsRelease3.docx project scope statement] for MnM of FTSD, cosponsored by Orders and Observations, Financial Management, Public Health and Emergency Response, Patient Administration, for ''CMET Ballot Versions 3 to 9 as ANSI CMETs Release 3'', at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=710 Project Insight # 710] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2310&start=0 TSC Tracker # 2310].
+
#*Review [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/docmanfileversion/6615/9016/TSC-GovernancePrimer.pptx SAIF Governance] (Charlie) - 20 minutes
<!--              -->
+
#*Review Business Architecture model projects; HL7 AP and ArB
<!--  Discussion  -->
+
#**Relationship to Risk Assessment project
#Discussion topics:  
+
#*Appointment to Provisional FGB
#Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
+
#Open Issues
<!-- #WGM Planning - -->
+
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2041&start=0 Issue # 2041]: 2012-2013 TSC Chair nomination and election
#[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemBrowse&tracker_id=313 Open Issues List]
+
 
  
  
 
'''Supporting Documents'''<br/>
 
'''Supporting Documents'''<br/>
 
*See links
 
*See links
 +
 +
 +
 
===Minutes===
 
===Minutes===
 
'''Minutes/Conclusions Reached:'''<br/>
 
'''Minutes/Conclusions Reached:'''<br/>
 +
#Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests) - none identified
 +
#Agenda review and approval - Austin Kreisler; move provisional FGB appointment to top of discussion since Ravi can only be around the 1st half.
 +
#Approve Minutes of [[2012-07-09 TSC Call Agenda]] - Ed abstains, passes 7/0/1.
 +
<!--              -->
 +
<!--    Governance -->
 +
#Governance (first monthly discussion)
 +
#*Appointment to Provisional FGB
 +
#**EC endorsement for FGB still pending.
 +
#**CTO recommendations from FHIR Governance Task Force: Ron Parker, Grahame Grieve, Woody Beeler, and Ewout Kramer. '''Motion: ''' John moves these be appointed. Tony seconds.
 +
#**Ravi asks about the organization chart - does it report to the ArB or the TSC? Right now it sits under the TSC. Helen notes that the documents sent out describe its proposed role and location.
 +
#**'''Vote:''' unanimously approved.
 +
#**Helen asks if their first task is to set up the FHIR Management Group. Austin notes that the TSC will receive recommendations.
 +
#*Review [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/docmanfileversion/6615/9016/TSC-GovernancePrimer.pptx SAIF Governance] (Charlie) - 20 minutes
 +
#*:One proposed effort discussed previously was continuing to flesh out Strategic Initiative Criteria, but may be premature to discuss in advance of the definition of the precepts we wish to measure. Charlie adds that precepts need to be developed on understanding of product development life cycle. Ed notes that the SI are not necessarily focused on risk management.  Austin notes that product consistency may be one example. We do have a risk assessment project already.
 +
#*Review Business Architecture model projects; [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/docmanfileversion/6880/9482/HL7ArchitectureProgramPSS.doc HL7 AP] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/docmanfileversion/6885/9489/HL7BAMPSS.doc ArB]
 +
#**Relationship to Risk Assessment project
 +
#**Review of ArB project notes that it is a to-be state development, not necessarily a comprehensive as-is evaluation. This is management piece. TSC needs to put one together for the governance to get to the goal architecture (BAM). Product definition is indeed a problem within HL7 notes Ed.
 +
#**Freida asks if the components of the "then" organization, grouping of product lines (CDA in V3) - are they still up in the air? Woody notes that CDA was noted as the first V3 standard. Austin notes that others are stating that CDA is its own product line, others say the consolidated CDA guides are its own product line as well. Helen notes that this discussion confirms the need for the work - they definitions may be out there in historical versions but we cannot easily refer to them.
 +
#**Need to develop TSC's governance project in this area. Austin will start working on a draft and asks for volunteers for help. Charlie and Woody volunteer.
 +
#Open Issues
 +
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2041&start=0 Issue # 2041]: 2012-2013 TSC Chair nomination and election - Remaining issue was that of holding general election for TSC chair instead of election from within TSC. Freida will verify that this is not on the list of current issues being addressed by the GOC. Close issue.
  
  
'''''Please don't forget to hang up from the conference call '' (VOIP users)'''
 
 
===Next Steps===
 
===Next Steps===
 
{|border="1" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0"  
 
{|border="1" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0"  
 
|-
 
|-
 
|colspan="4" |'''Actions''' ''(Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)''<br/>
 
|colspan="4" |'''Actions''' ''(Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)''<br/>
* .
+
* Freida will verify that the election of the TSC chair is not on the list of current issues being addressed by the GOC.
 
|-
 
|-
 
|colspan="4" |'''Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items'''<br/>
 
|colspan="4" |'''Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items'''<br/>
*.
+
*Next governance call, review draft PSS for TSC governance project (Austin/Charlie/Woody). Continue review of Business Architecture model projects; [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/docmanfileversion/6880/9482/HL7ArchitectureProgramPSS.doc HL7 AP] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/docmanfileversion/6885/9489/HL7BAMPSS.doc ArB]
 +
*[[2012-07-23 TSC Call Agenda]].
 
|}
 
|}
  
  
 
© 2012 Health Level Seven® International.  All rights reserved.
 
© 2012 Health Level Seven® International.  All rights reserved.

Latest revision as of 13:10, 26 July 2012

TSC Agenda/Minutes

Meeting Info/Attendees

HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
GoToMeeting ID: 165-215-206

Date: 2012-07-16
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Austin Kreisler Note taker(s): Lynn Laakso
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented yes
Chair/CTO ArB International Affiliate Rep Ad-Hoc
x Austin Kreisler x Charlie Mead x Ravi Natarajan x Helen Stevens
x John Quinn x Ron Parker regrets Giorgio Cangioli
Domain Experts Foundation and Technology Structure and Semantic Design Technical and Support Services
x Ed Tripp x Woody Beeler x Calvin Beebe x Freida Hall
. Mead Walker x Tony Julian . Pat van Dyke . Patrick Loyd
ex officio Invited Guests Observers HL7 Staff
. Don Mon (HL7 Chair) w/vote . tba . obs1 x Lynn Laakso
. Bob Dolin (Vice Chair) vote . tba . obs2 .
. Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote . tba . . .

Agenda

Agenda Topics

  1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
  2. Agenda review and approval - Austin Kreisler
  3. Approve Minutes of 2012-07-09 TSC Call Agenda
  4. Governance (first monthly discussion)
    • Review SAIF Governance (Charlie) - 20 minutes
    • Review Business Architecture model projects; HL7 AP and ArB
      • Relationship to Risk Assessment project
    • Appointment to Provisional FGB
  5. Open Issues


Supporting Documents

  • See links


Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:

  1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests) - none identified
  2. Agenda review and approval - Austin Kreisler; move provisional FGB appointment to top of discussion since Ravi can only be around the 1st half.
  3. Approve Minutes of 2012-07-09 TSC Call Agenda - Ed abstains, passes 7/0/1.
  4. Governance (first monthly discussion)
    • Appointment to Provisional FGB
      • EC endorsement for FGB still pending.
      • CTO recommendations from FHIR Governance Task Force: Ron Parker, Grahame Grieve, Woody Beeler, and Ewout Kramer. Motion: John moves these be appointed. Tony seconds.
      • Ravi asks about the organization chart - does it report to the ArB or the TSC? Right now it sits under the TSC. Helen notes that the documents sent out describe its proposed role and location.
      • Vote: unanimously approved.
      • Helen asks if their first task is to set up the FHIR Management Group. Austin notes that the TSC will receive recommendations.
    • Review SAIF Governance (Charlie) - 20 minutes
      One proposed effort discussed previously was continuing to flesh out Strategic Initiative Criteria, but may be premature to discuss in advance of the definition of the precepts we wish to measure. Charlie adds that precepts need to be developed on understanding of product development life cycle. Ed notes that the SI are not necessarily focused on risk management. Austin notes that product consistency may be one example. We do have a risk assessment project already.
    • Review Business Architecture model projects; HL7 AP and ArB
      • Relationship to Risk Assessment project
      • Review of ArB project notes that it is a to-be state development, not necessarily a comprehensive as-is evaluation. This is management piece. TSC needs to put one together for the governance to get to the goal architecture (BAM). Product definition is indeed a problem within HL7 notes Ed.
      • Freida asks if the components of the "then" organization, grouping of product lines (CDA in V3) - are they still up in the air? Woody notes that CDA was noted as the first V3 standard. Austin notes that others are stating that CDA is its own product line, others say the consolidated CDA guides are its own product line as well. Helen notes that this discussion confirms the need for the work - they definitions may be out there in historical versions but we cannot easily refer to them.
      • Need to develop TSC's governance project in this area. Austin will start working on a draft and asks for volunteers for help. Charlie and Woody volunteer.
  5. Open Issues
    • Issue # 2041: 2012-2013 TSC Chair nomination and election - Remaining issue was that of holding general election for TSC chair instead of election from within TSC. Freida will verify that this is not on the list of current issues being addressed by the GOC. Close issue.


Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • Freida will verify that the election of the TSC chair is not on the list of current issues being addressed by the GOC.
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items
  • Next governance call, review draft PSS for TSC governance project (Austin/Charlie/Woody). Continue review of Business Architecture model projects; HL7 AP and ArB
  • 2012-07-23 TSC Call Agenda.


© 2012 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.