Difference between revisions of "2012-07-09 TSC Call Minutes"

From HL7 TSC
Jump to navigation Jump to search
 
(One intermediate revision by the same user not shown)
Line 1: Line 1:
__NOTOC__
 
 
==TSC Agenda/Minutes ==
 
==TSC Agenda/Minutes ==
  
 
===Meeting Info/Attendees===
 
===Meeting Info/Attendees===
{{:TSC Meetings}}
+
   [[Category:2012 TSC Minutes]]
   [[Category:2012 TSC Minutes|Agenda Template]]
 
  
 
{|border="1" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0"  
 
{|border="1" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0"  
Line 17: Line 15:
 
{|border="1" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0"  
 
{|border="1" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0"  
 
|colspan="4" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"| Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented
 
|colspan="4" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"| Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"| '''yes/no'''
+
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"| '''yes'''
 
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|
 
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|
 
|-
 
|-
 
|colspan="2"|Chair/CTO ||colspan="2"|ArB ||colspan="2"|International Affiliate Rep ||colspan="2"|Ad-Hoc
 
|colspan="2"|Chair/CTO ||colspan="2"|ArB ||colspan="2"|International Affiliate Rep ||colspan="2"|Ad-Hoc
 
|-
 
|-
|.||Austin Kreisler||.||Charlie Mead||.||Ravi Natarajan||.||Helen Stevens
+
|x||Austin Kreisler||x||Charlie Mead||x||Ravi Natarajan||x||Helen Stevens
 
|-
 
|-
|.||John Quinn ||.||Ron Parker||.||Giorgio Cangioli||
+
|x||John Quinn ||.||Ron Parker||x||Giorgio Cangioli||
  
 
|-
 
|-
Line 33: Line 31:
  
 
|-
 
|-
|regrets||Ed Tripp||.||Woody Beeler||.||Calvin Beebe||.||Freida Hall
+
|regrets||Ed Tripp||x||Woody Beeler||x||Calvin Beebe||x||Freida Hall
 
|-
 
|-
|.||Mead Walker||.||Tony Julian||.||Pat van Dyke||.||Patrick Loyd
+
|x||Mead Walker||x||Tony Julian||x||Pat van Dyke||x||Patrick Loyd
 
|-
 
|-
 
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|''ex officio''
 
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|''ex officio''
Line 42: Line 40:
 
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|HL7 Staff
 
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|HL7 Staff
 
|-
 
|-
|.||Don Mon (HL7 Chair) w/vote||.||John Ritter, EHR||.||''obs1''||.||Lynn Laakso
+
|.||Don Mon (HL7 Chair) w/vote||.||John Ritter, EHR||x||Scott Robertson||x||Lynn Laakso
 
|-
 
|-
|.||Bob Dolin (Vice Chair) <s>vote</s>||.||William Goossen, PC||.||''obs2''||.||
+
|.||Bob Dolin (Vice Chair) <s>vote</s>||.||William Goossen, PC||.||''obs2''||x||Dave Hamill
 
|-
 
|-
 
|.||Chuck Jaffe (CEO) <s> vote</s>
 
|.||Chuck Jaffe (CEO) <s> vote</s>
Line 105: Line 103:
 
===Minutes===
 
===Minutes===
 
'''Minutes/Conclusions Reached:'''<br/>
 
'''Minutes/Conclusions Reached:'''<br/>
 +
Call to order 11:04 AM EDT
 +
#Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests), Scott Robertson observing, Dave Hamill on for Strategic Initiatives Dashboard
 +
#Agenda review and approval - Austin Kreisler; new format with Management and Governance sections; approved by general consent
 +
#Approve Minutes of [[2012-07-02 TSC Call Agenda]] Ravi abstains. Approved 7//0/1.
 +
<!--            -->
 +
<!--  Management -->
 +
#Management
 +
#*Review [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemBrowse&tracker_id=494 action items] –
 +
#**Discuss what is being done in the effort to identify implementation references, [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2191&start=0 #2191], for Austin: no update
 +
#**follow up with Education as well as HQ on the idea of Monday Q1/Q2 tutorials for cochair and facilitator training topics, [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2190 #2190], for Austin: no update
 +
#**Develop a list of responsibilities for the TSC liaison to the ORC, [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2189 #2189], for Ed: not on the call
 +
#**Update ballot guidance document on reference to "Implementation Guide", [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=1978&start=0 #1978], for Austin: Lynn will check to see if the update was missed from the tracker.  This was to be folded into the updates to the PSS. Close tracker.
 +
#*:Mead joins
 +
<!--    Mgmt  -->
 +
<!--    Approvals  -->
 +
#*Approval items:
 +
#**EHR WG requests [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2297/9438/HL7_Publication_Request_EHRS_PHFP_R1_I1_2012MAY_20120619.docx informative publication] of HL7 EHR-System Public Health Functional Profile, Release 1, as balloted 2011 May, at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=704 Project Insight # 704] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2297&start=0 TSC Tracker#2297]. However they have also balloted Release 1 in 2012May as ballot level I2 (2nd Informative) with 5 additional profiles. Need to address the same release name for final publishing.
 +
#**:Pat notes that within Public Health there are various areas of focus. This year, they left those areas in the ballot but added new areas with cross-reference points. She suggests we probably needed a different number for this new work being done. Helen suggests the new work from 2012May be release 1.1, with this original material as release 1. When they propose to publish what was balloted in 2012May it has to be referred to as R1.1. Lynn suggests we may need to rename the ballot record from 2012May and not wait until the publication request. Woody notes that ANSI won't care because it's informative. '''Motion: ''' Helen moves we direct HQ to change ballot in 2012May to be referred to release 1.1 retroactively and going forward. Pat seconds. '''Vote: ''' unanimously approved. '''Motion: '''Helen moves approval of EHR S FP for Public Health R1. Pat seconds.  '''Vote: '''unanimously approved.
 +
<!--  Mgmt -->
 +
<!--  Discussion  -->
 +
#*Discussion topics:
 +
#: When will the mHealth WG be coming to the TSC. Pat hopes to have an SSD SD meeting for Wednesday 2012-07-11 at 11 or 12 PDT.
 +
#*Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
 +
#**[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2311/9472/September2012BallotReview.doc 2012September Ballot list] - for TSC review, and approval next week. See issues at [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2311&start=0 TSC Tracker #2311]. Patient administration ballot issues discussed. No one from Patient Administration is on the call. Austin asks Calvin and Pat to work with PA on updating the project scopes to include patient registries along with person registries or propose a new project to cover the ballot process. 
 +
#**Vote! John recommends everyone cast their votes!
 +
<!-- #WGM Planning - -->
 +
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemBrowse&tracker_id=313 Open Issues List]
 +
#**Revisit pending publication (from 2011-07-11): DSTU Publication Request for Patient Care: HL7 Version 3 Standard: Care Provision; Assessment Scales, Release 2, at [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=1973&start=0 TSC Tracker#1973], because the DSTU content has never been supplied and 12 months have already passed of a requested 24 month DSTU.
 +
#**:No one from Patient Care on the call. They don't have a publishing facilitator to author the work needed to prepare the material for publication. The Publishing WG tried to accommodate them to some extent but they wanted substantive changes beyond reconciliation. '''Motion: ''' Helen moves we retract approval for publication of this DSTU and had it back to the work group to complete pre-publication work as necessary and come back to the TSC with a new proposal. Mead seconds. Mead suggests we have a time limit on publication approvals. Austin notes that the publication request implies that the content has already been submitted for publishing. The TSC's initial approval was in error.  '''Vote: ''' unanimously approved.  Austin will notify PC that their publication approval has been rescinded.
 +
<!--            -->
 +
<!--  Governance -->
 +
#Governance
 +
#*Review [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemBrowse&tracker_id=494 action items] –
 +
#**Strategic Dashboard criteria metrics for: Requirements traceability and cross-artifact consistency , [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2059 #2059], for Austin
 +
#**Strategic Dashboard criteria metrics for: Product Quality, [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2058 #2058], for Woody
 +
#**Strategic Dashboard criteria metrics for: WGM Effectiveness, [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2057 #2057], for Patrick
 +
#*:These are all in motion, including Mead's response on industry responsiveness and easier implementation. Need some quality time to sit down and go through these on a session dedicated to governance.
 +
<!--    Gov'ce    -->
 +
<!--    Approvals  -->
 +
#*Approval items:
 +
<!--  Gov'ce      -->
 +
<!--  Discussion  -->
 +
#*Discussion topics:
 +
#**[[Strategic_Initiatives_TSC_Dashboard]] review of updates and suggestions - with Dave Hamill
 +
#**: Dave and Lynn had both worked on SI dashboard. HQ will split support of the four areas with Dave supporting Industry Responsiveness and easier implementation (Mead), as well as WGM effectiveness (Patrick).  Mead notes that this metric is measuring opinions from people outside of HL7 of what HL7 is doing. Lynn will support Requirements Traceability and cross artifact consistency, as well as Product Quality. Dave will work with Mead and Patrick on coming up with a set of dashboard metrics. Austin notes that Dave need to be invited to our governance sessions dealing with SI Dashboard metrics. Lynn's support of the first set of draft metrics discussed at the May WGM and the changes that were identified. She needs to work with Woody on product ballot quality.
 +
#**TSC scheduling of governance discussions separate from management of project approvals
 +
#**:Doodle poll indicates once a month instead of regular call. Helen adds that it's a start and if we find we're falling behind on management tasks we can revisit. Freida asks if we can effectively do an electronic vote for the weeks we discuss governance so as not to hold up Work Groups. E-votes could regularly have an element for management material for approval, disapproval, request discussion on agenda time. Freida suggests "Vote due" in the header. Let's plan on next week for a governance discussion and going forward once a month. Route new publication requests, scope statements and ballot approval to email vote. TSC DMP discussed to find a way to submit scope statements, ballot approvals should not have to require a motion and second on the list server to propose them to the TSC. Those items that arrive on the agenda with motion already declared can be moved to electronic vote at discretion of the Chair. Those are items that have an approval process defined for the TSC, notes Freida. Freida seconds with the prior friendly amendment. '''Motion: ''' Change electronic voting in DMP to read Those items following a prior defined approval process coming to TSC consideration may go directly to e-vote at the discretion of the TSC Chair.  '''Vote: ''' Unanimously approved. If PSS start there on the e-vote there should be another option for approve/reject/abstain/refer to teleconference discussion. That can be part of procedure to execute this, but not having to be part of the DMP itself.
 +
#*Reports:
 +
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemBrowse&tracker_id=313 Open Issues List]
 +
<!--#**[http://wiki.hl7.org/index.php?title=Domain_Analysis_Model_ArB ArB DAM Definition] update, from [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2165&start=0 TSC Tracker #2165] -->
  
  
Line 112: Line 160:
 
|-
 
|-
 
|colspan="4" |'''Actions''' ''(Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)''<br/>
 
|colspan="4" |'''Actions''' ''(Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)''<br/>
* .
+
* Calvin and Pat to work with PA on updating the project scopes to include patient registries along with person registries or propose a new project to cover the ballot process.
 +
* Austin will notify PC that their publication approval has been rescinded.
 
|-
 
|-
 
|colspan="4" |'''Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items'''<br/>
 
|colspan="4" |'''Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items'''<br/>
*.
+
*Governance discussion, TSC dashboard and SI criteria.
 +
*[[2012-07-16 TSC Call Agenda]]
 
|}
 
|}
  
  
 
© 2012 Health Level Seven® International.  All rights reserved.
 
© 2012 Health Level Seven® International.  All rights reserved.

Latest revision as of 17:07, 16 July 2012

TSC Agenda/Minutes

Meeting Info/Attendees

HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
GoToMeeting ID: 165-215-206

Date: 2012-07-09
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Austin Kreisler Note taker(s): Lynn Laakso
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented yes
Chair/CTO ArB International Affiliate Rep Ad-Hoc
x Austin Kreisler x Charlie Mead x Ravi Natarajan x Helen Stevens
x John Quinn . Ron Parker x Giorgio Cangioli
Domain Experts Foundation and Technology Structure and Semantic Design Technical and Support Services
regrets Ed Tripp x Woody Beeler x Calvin Beebe x Freida Hall
x Mead Walker x Tony Julian x Pat van Dyke x Patrick Loyd
ex officio Invited Guests Observers HL7 Staff
. Don Mon (HL7 Chair) w/vote . John Ritter, EHR x Scott Robertson x Lynn Laakso
. Bob Dolin (Vice Chair) vote . William Goossen, PC . obs2 x Dave Hamill
. Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote . tba . . .

Agenda

Agenda Topics

  1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
  2. Agenda review and approval - Austin Kreisler
  3. Approve Minutes of 2012-07-02 TSC Call Agenda
  4. Management
    • Review action items
      • Discuss what is being done in the effort to identify implementation references, #2191, for Austin
      • follow up with Education as well as HQ on the idea of Monday Q1/Q2 tutorials for cochair and facilitator training topics, #2190, for Austin
      • Develop a list of responsibilities for the TSC liaison to the ORC, #2189, for Ed
      • Update ballot guidance document on reference to "Implementation Guide", #1978, for Austin
    • Approval items:
    • EHR WG requests informative publication of HL7 EHR-System Public Health Functional Profile, Release 1, as balloted 2011 May, at Project Insight # 704 and TSC Tracker#2297. However they have also balloted Release 1 in 2012May as ballot level I2 (2nd Informative) with 5 additional profiles. Need to address the same release name for final publishing.
    • Discussion topics:
    • Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
    • Open Issues List
      • Revisit pending publication (from 2011-07-11): DSTU Publication Request for Patient Care: HL7 Version 3 Standard: Care Provision; Assessment Scales, Release 2, at TSC Tracker#1973, because the DSTU content has never been supplied and 12 months have already passed of a requested 24 month DSTU.
  5. Governance
    • Review action items
      • Strategic Dashboard criteria metrics for: Requirements traceability and cross-artifact consistency , #2059, for Austin
      • Strategic Dashboard criteria metrics for: Product Quality, #2058, for Woody
      • Strategic Dashboard criteria metrics for: WGM Effectiveness, #2057, for Patrick
    • Approval items:
    • Discussion topics:
      • TSC scheduling of governance discussions separate from management of project approvals
      • Strategic_Initiatives_TSC_Dashboard review of updates and suggestions - with Dave Hamill

Supporting Documents

  • See links

Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:
Call to order 11:04 AM EDT

  1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests), Scott Robertson observing, Dave Hamill on for Strategic Initiatives Dashboard
  2. Agenda review and approval - Austin Kreisler; new format with Management and Governance sections; approved by general consent
  3. Approve Minutes of 2012-07-02 TSC Call Agenda Ravi abstains. Approved 7//0/1.
  4. Management
    • Review action items
      • Discuss what is being done in the effort to identify implementation references, #2191, for Austin: no update
      • follow up with Education as well as HQ on the idea of Monday Q1/Q2 tutorials for cochair and facilitator training topics, #2190, for Austin: no update
      • Develop a list of responsibilities for the TSC liaison to the ORC, #2189, for Ed: not on the call
      • Update ballot guidance document on reference to "Implementation Guide", #1978, for Austin: Lynn will check to see if the update was missed from the tracker. This was to be folded into the updates to the PSS. Close tracker.
      Mead joins
    • Approval items:
      • EHR WG requests informative publication of HL7 EHR-System Public Health Functional Profile, Release 1, as balloted 2011 May, at Project Insight # 704 and TSC Tracker#2297. However they have also balloted Release 1 in 2012May as ballot level I2 (2nd Informative) with 5 additional profiles. Need to address the same release name for final publishing.
        Pat notes that within Public Health there are various areas of focus. This year, they left those areas in the ballot but added new areas with cross-reference points. She suggests we probably needed a different number for this new work being done. Helen suggests the new work from 2012May be release 1.1, with this original material as release 1. When they propose to publish what was balloted in 2012May it has to be referred to as R1.1. Lynn suggests we may need to rename the ballot record from 2012May and not wait until the publication request. Woody notes that ANSI won't care because it's informative. Motion: Helen moves we direct HQ to change ballot in 2012May to be referred to release 1.1 retroactively and going forward. Pat seconds. Vote: unanimously approved. Motion: Helen moves approval of EHR S FP for Public Health R1. Pat seconds. Vote: unanimously approved.
    • Discussion topics:
    When will the mHealth WG be coming to the TSC. Pat hopes to have an SSD SD meeting for Wednesday 2012-07-11 at 11 or 12 PDT.
    • Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
      • 2012September Ballot list - for TSC review, and approval next week. See issues at TSC Tracker #2311. Patient administration ballot issues discussed. No one from Patient Administration is on the call. Austin asks Calvin and Pat to work with PA on updating the project scopes to include patient registries along with person registries or propose a new project to cover the ballot process.
      • Vote! John recommends everyone cast their votes!
    • Open Issues List
      • Revisit pending publication (from 2011-07-11): DSTU Publication Request for Patient Care: HL7 Version 3 Standard: Care Provision; Assessment Scales, Release 2, at TSC Tracker#1973, because the DSTU content has never been supplied and 12 months have already passed of a requested 24 month DSTU.
        No one from Patient Care on the call. They don't have a publishing facilitator to author the work needed to prepare the material for publication. The Publishing WG tried to accommodate them to some extent but they wanted substantive changes beyond reconciliation. Motion: Helen moves we retract approval for publication of this DSTU and had it back to the work group to complete pre-publication work as necessary and come back to the TSC with a new proposal. Mead seconds. Mead suggests we have a time limit on publication approvals. Austin notes that the publication request implies that the content has already been submitted for publishing. The TSC's initial approval was in error. Vote: unanimously approved. Austin will notify PC that their publication approval has been rescinded.
  5. Governance
    • Review action items
      • Strategic Dashboard criteria metrics for: Requirements traceability and cross-artifact consistency , #2059, for Austin
      • Strategic Dashboard criteria metrics for: Product Quality, #2058, for Woody
      • Strategic Dashboard criteria metrics for: WGM Effectiveness, #2057, for Patrick
      These are all in motion, including Mead's response on industry responsiveness and easier implementation. Need some quality time to sit down and go through these on a session dedicated to governance.
    • Approval items:
    • Discussion topics:
      • Strategic_Initiatives_TSC_Dashboard review of updates and suggestions - with Dave Hamill
        Dave and Lynn had both worked on SI dashboard. HQ will split support of the four areas with Dave supporting Industry Responsiveness and easier implementation (Mead), as well as WGM effectiveness (Patrick). Mead notes that this metric is measuring opinions from people outside of HL7 of what HL7 is doing. Lynn will support Requirements Traceability and cross artifact consistency, as well as Product Quality. Dave will work with Mead and Patrick on coming up with a set of dashboard metrics. Austin notes that Dave need to be invited to our governance sessions dealing with SI Dashboard metrics. Lynn's support of the first set of draft metrics discussed at the May WGM and the changes that were identified. She needs to work with Woody on product ballot quality.
      • TSC scheduling of governance discussions separate from management of project approvals
        Doodle poll indicates once a month instead of regular call. Helen adds that it's a start and if we find we're falling behind on management tasks we can revisit. Freida asks if we can effectively do an electronic vote for the weeks we discuss governance so as not to hold up Work Groups. E-votes could regularly have an element for management material for approval, disapproval, request discussion on agenda time. Freida suggests "Vote due" in the header. Let's plan on next week for a governance discussion and going forward once a month. Route new publication requests, scope statements and ballot approval to email vote. TSC DMP discussed to find a way to submit scope statements, ballot approvals should not have to require a motion and second on the list server to propose them to the TSC. Those items that arrive on the agenda with motion already declared can be moved to electronic vote at discretion of the Chair. Those are items that have an approval process defined for the TSC, notes Freida. Freida seconds with the prior friendly amendment. Motion: Change electronic voting in DMP to read Those items following a prior defined approval process coming to TSC consideration may go directly to e-vote at the discretion of the TSC Chair. Vote: Unanimously approved. If PSS start there on the e-vote there should be another option for approve/reject/abstain/refer to teleconference discussion. That can be part of procedure to execute this, but not having to be part of the DMP itself.
    • Reports:
    • Open Issues List


Please don't forget to hang up from the conference call (VOIP users)

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • Calvin and Pat to work with PA on updating the project scopes to include patient registries along with person registries or propose a new project to cover the ballot process.
  • Austin will notify PC that their publication approval has been rescinded.
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


© 2012 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.