2012-05-15 TSC WGM Minutes

From HL7 TSC
Jump to navigation Jump to search

TSC Tuesday Luncheon meeting for 2012May WGM Vancouver BC CAN

back to TSC Minutes and Agendas

TSC WGM Agenda/Minutes

HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: Port Alberni room Pavilion Ballroom C

Date: 2012-05-15
Time: luncheon - 12:30 - 1:30 pm
Facilitator: Austin Kreisler Note taker(s): Lynn Laakso
Attendee Name Affiliation
x Calvin Beebe HL7 SSD SD Co-Chair
x Woody Beeler HL7 FTSD Co-Chair
x Giorgio Cangioli HL7 International Representative
x Freida Hall HL7 TSS SD Co-Chair
Chuck Jaffe HL7 CEO (member ex officio w/o vote)
x Tony Julian HL7 FTSD Co-Chair
x Austin Kreisler (Chair) HL7 TSC Chair, Ad-hoc member
x Lynn Laakso (scribe, non-voting) HL7 HQ
Patrick Loyd HL7 T3SD Co-Chair
x Charlie Mead HL7 ArB Chair
Don Mon HL7 Board Chair (member ex officio w/ vote)
regrets Ravi Natarajan HL7 Affiliate Representative
x Ron Parker HL7 ArB Alternate
regrets John Quinn HL7 CTO (TSC member ex officio w/vote)
x Helen Stevens Ad-hoc member
x Ed Tripp HL7 DESD Co-Chair
x Pat Van Dyke HL7 SSD SD Co-Chair
x Mead Walker HL7 DESD Co-Chair
x William Goossen PC cochair
x Colleen Brooks MOH Singapore
x Julie Richards CHI
x Kevin Coonan PC cochair
Quorum Requirements (Co-chair +5 with 2 SD Reps) Met: (yes/No)

Tuesday lunch

  1. Patient Care representatives invited to discuss DCM work and relation to CIMI
  2. WGM Planning - agenda setting next two WGMs - agenda links
  3. Discuss continued allocation of room space to work groups that fail to publish minutes
  4. Schedule:
    • (January) Review TSC Mission and Charter, Decision Making Practices
      (January) Review TSC Decision Making Practices
      (May) Review TSC Three-Year Plan
      (May) Review TSC Communications Plan
      (September) Review TSC SWOT

Supporting Documents

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:

Austin called to order at 12:44 PM

  1. Agenda review - Freida added an item on ballot spreadsheet, Charlie asks about TSC formal appointment of Lorraine and Bo to ArB. We're lacking in a formal recommendation from the CTO; Austin will follow up.
  2. Freida asks if the grades of vote Neg-Maj and Aff-Comment are needed if they're not in the ANSI essential requirements. Ed agrees that it's confusing. Helen says she likes the major-minor to direct people's attention. Charlie notes that they use it just to get attention. Issue clearly requires more discussion, Lynn will add to TSC issues list for discussion on upcoming call. Freida will formulate a motion for consideration.
  3. Patient Care representatives invited to discuss DCM work and relation to CIMI
    • They have revised the scope of the original project down to the two items and withdraw the other three. DESD voted on it last night. They have been challenged to find a different way to do detailed clinical content due to the explosion of the elements. He reviews the history of the project.
    • Kevin then describes the plan for the updated project going forward. Austin notes that MnM pattern harmonization approach might work for them. It's a large effort on reusable design patterns.
    • Helen asks what they would produce; Kevin notes it would be templates based on clinical statement pattern. One use is in CDA R3 or in services. Agreement among HL7 clinical content models is another goal.
    • Woody notes the design patterns derivative from the RIM are of interest to MnM. The profiles might be thought as the templates, but template specification is not fully defined. More models as basis for service information models is inadvisable to create another separate set of information models. Kevin notes that these information models are detailed clinical content.
    • Ron notes to address implementations in an environment, interfaces and trigger events must become stable, tested and so on. Best practice drivers and so on in clinical content payload may change and having long constructs of things, a consistent modeling paradigm is important on a landscape.
    • William's been working on this for NL since 2000 so has demonstrated consistency.
    • Kevin notes that you don't need to know the modeling in the background to use them.
    • Kevin notes that CIMI has changed focus a few times. Initially they strove to exchange clinical information models in a common modeling language. Now they have more interaction with OpenEHR to identify analogous things in OpenEHR and call out these things for harmonization. CIMI would define a model target for which other models would map into.
    • William notes that Fresh Look meetings surfaced some weaknesses and clinical content specification at conceptual level and logical perspective, then CIMI spun off. There are about 8000 examples that CIMI wants to make available.
    • Julie asks if other information models will map into DCM? He says no.
    • Colleen is on the executive council of CIMI and encourages HL7 to take a more active role so that you have updates.
    • William pleads for modeling facilitator to get their RMIM into the ballot. Jean gives time as he has available but is not able to get it through. Austin suggests they attend the facilitator's roundtable on Thursday and ask them.
    • Helen suggests they offer feedback to the project approval process.
  4. Discuss continued allocation of room space to work groups that fail to publish minutes
    • Austin makes a proposal for the next process.
    • Motion: Helen moves we enact a process that if minutes are not published that room allocations are put on hold and come to the TSC for approval and the chairs are advised to come to the TSC to discuss. Woody seconds.
    • Vote: unanimously approved.
  5. Adjourned 1:20 PM PDT.
Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • Lynn will add ballot reconciliation spreadsheet voting 'grades' to TSC issues list for discussion on upcoming call. Freida will formulate a motion for consideration.
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items