Difference between revisions of "2012-04-30 TSC Call Agenda"

From HL7 TSC
Jump to navigation Jump to search
 
(7 intermediate revisions by the same user not shown)
Line 3: Line 3:
  
 
===Meeting Info/Attendees===
 
===Meeting Info/Attendees===
{{:TSC Meetings}}
+
   [[Category:2012 TSC Minutes]]
   [[Category:2012 TSC Minutes|Agenda Template]]
 
  
 
{|border="1" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0"  
 
{|border="1" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0"  
Line 17: Line 16:
 
{|border="1" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0"  
 
{|border="1" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0"  
 
|colspan="4" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"| Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented
 
|colspan="4" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"| Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"| '''yes/no'''
+
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"| '''yes'''
 
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|
 
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|
 
|-
 
|-
 
|colspan="2"|Chair/CTO ||colspan="2"|ArB ||colspan="2"|International Affiliate Rep ||colspan="2"|Ad-Hoc
 
|colspan="2"|Chair/CTO ||colspan="2"|ArB ||colspan="2"|International Affiliate Rep ||colspan="2"|Ad-Hoc
 
|-
 
|-
|.||Austin Kreisler||.||Charlie Mead||.||Ravi Natarajan||.||Helen Stevens
+
|x||Austin Kreisler||.||Charlie Mead||x||Ravi Natarajan||x||Helen Stevens
 
|-
 
|-
 
|.||John Quinn ||.||Ron Parker||.||Giorgio Cangioli||
 
|.||John Quinn ||.||Ron Parker||.||Giorgio Cangioli||
Line 33: Line 32:
  
 
|-
 
|-
|.||Ed Tripp||.||Woody Beeler||.||Calvin Beebe||.||Freida Hall
+
|x||Ed Tripp||.||Woody Beeler||x||Calvin Beebe||x||Freida Hall
 
|-
 
|-
|.||Mead Walker||.||Tony Julian||.||Pat van Dyke||.||Patrick Loyd
+
|x||Mead Walker||x||Tony Julian||x||Pat van Dyke||.||Patrick Loyd
 
|-
 
|-
 
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|''ex officio''
 
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|''ex officio''
Line 42: Line 41:
 
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|HL7 Staff
 
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|HL7 Staff
 
|-
 
|-
|.||Don Mon (HL7 Chair) w/vote||.||tba||.||''obs1''||.||Lynn Laakso
+
|.||Don Mon (HL7 Chair) w/vote||.||EHR co-chairs ||x||Elaine Ayres, PC||x||Lynn Laakso
 
|-
 
|-
|.||Bob Dolin (Vice Chair) <s>vote</s>||.||tba||.||''obs2''||.||
+
|.||Bob Dolin (Vice Chair) <s>vote</s>||.||Security Co-chairs||.||''obs2''||.||
 
|-
 
|-
 
|.||Chuck Jaffe (CEO) <s> vote</s>
 
|.||Chuck Jaffe (CEO) <s> vote</s>
|.||tba
+
|.||CBCC co-chairs
 
|.||.
 
|.||.
 
|.||
 
|.||
 
|-
 
|-
 +
|.||
 +
|.||Structured Documents co-chairs
 +
|.||.|-
 
|colspan="3" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|
 
|colspan="3" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|
 
|}
 
|}
Line 62: Line 64:
 
<!--    Approvals  -->
 
<!--    Approvals  -->
 
#Approval items:
 
#Approval items:
#*'''Motion: ''' Approve [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2253/9320/HL7PSS_PC_CP_AllergyIntoleranceDAM.doc project scope statement] for Patient Care of DESD: ''Patient Care Allergies and Intolerances Develop a DAM to support the assessment of the current DSTU'' at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=881 Project Insight # 881] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2253&start=0 TSC Tracker #2253].  
+
#*'''Motion: ''' Approve [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2253/9320/HL7PSS_PC_CP_AllergyIntoleranceDAM.doc project scope statement] for Patient Care of DESD: ''Patient Care Allergies and Intolerances Develop a DAM to support the assessment of the current DSTU'' at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=881 Project Insight # 881] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2253&start=0 TSC Tracker #2253].
 +
#**Received withdrawal request for HL7 Version 3 Standard: Care Provision; Allergy and Intolerance, Release 1, at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=174 Project Insight # 174] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2255 TSC tracker 2255], on May 7th agenda
 +
#*Approve [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2254/9321/HL7_Inform_PubRqst_PHERImmdam.docx Informative publication request] for ''HL7 Domain Analysis Model: Immunization, Release 1'' by PHER of DESD, at  [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=310 Project Insight # 310] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2254&start=0 TSC Tracker #2254]
 
<!--              -->
 
<!--              -->
 
<!--  Discussion  -->
 
<!--  Discussion  -->
 
#Discussion topics:  
 
#Discussion topics:  
 +
#*Co-sponsor Work Group participation in HL7 EHR-System Functional Profile for Health Information Exchange Metadata, Release 1 - US Realm, at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=819 Project Insight # 819] for EHR WG.
 +
#*[[Strategic Initiatives TSC Dashboard]] metrics review: Product Quality - Product Development Effectiveness measure - number of ballots to achieve [http://www.hl7.org/special/committees/tsc/ballotmanagement/reports/ANSINormative_Items_all_wgs.cfm normative status]
 +
#**Measurement issues:
 +
#**#whether to count Comment-only, Committee or DSTU ballots towards normative count,
 +
#**#whether to run the rolling average by date publication request submitted or by date final normative ballot completed?
 
#Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
 
#Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
 +
#*Congratulations to the ITS WG of FTSD: Announcing eligibility for normative publication of HL7 Version 3 Standard: Transport Specification – ebXML Using ebMS 2.0, Release 1 from the 2011 May ballot, at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=759 Project Insight # 759]
 
<!-- #WGM Planning - -->
 
<!-- #WGM Planning - -->
 +
#WGM Saturday meeting head count for HQ meal guarantees...
 
#[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemBrowse&tracker_id=313 Open Issues List]
 
#[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemBrowse&tracker_id=313 Open Issues List]
  
Line 75: Line 86:
 
===Minutes===
 
===Minutes===
 
'''Minutes/Conclusions Reached:'''<br/>
 
'''Minutes/Conclusions Reached:'''<br/>
 +
Call to order 11:03 AM EDT
  
 +
#Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests) Elaine Ayres of PC on the project approval.
 +
#Agenda review and approval - Austin Kreisler; Austin wishes to add a discussion on the status of the cross-paradigm project under Discussion.
 +
#Approve Minutes of [[2012-04-23 TSC Call Agenda]] - Calvin and Helen abstain. Pat carries the SSD SD vote; approved 5/0/1.
 +
#Review [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemBrowse&tracker_id=494 action items] –
 +
<!--              -->
 +
<!--    Approvals  -->
 +
#Approval items:
 +
#*'''Motion: ''' Approve [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2253/9320/HL7PSS_PC_CP_AllergyIntoleranceDAM.doc project scope statement] for Patient Care of DESD: ''Patient Care Allergies and Intolerances Develop a DAM to support the assessment of the current DSTU'' at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=881 Project Insight # 881] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2253&start=0 TSC Tracker #2253].
 +
#**Received withdrawal request for HL7 Version 3 Standard: Care Provision; Allergy and Intolerance, Release 1, at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=174 Project Insight # 174] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2255 TSC tracker 2255], on May 7th agenda
 +
#**Elaine describes the project and the associated withdrawal. The ballot is intended for December timeframe, and this milestone was added to the project statement. The final milestone to update the DAM information to the RMIM was discussed; Elaine notes it is not going to be balloted. Austin felt it was confusing as it is beyond scope of the balloted DAM. Elaine agrees it can be struck from the scope statement as it was part of the initial discussions to extend the DSTU. Helen asks what the understanding of the Steering Division was? Mead does not think any issue came up during the voting. Helen suggests we make the assumption the scope is contracted rather than extended and use the DAM only as scope. Austin thinks the TSC can approve the scope contingent on it being strictly on the DAM and not RMIM update. '''Motion: ''' Ed moves we amend with striking activities on the RMIM and conditional it be on the activities to product the DAM. Helen seconds.
 +
#**'''Vote: ''' Unanimously approved. Austin reiterates that we do not discourage eventual message development by Patient Care but wish to maintain clarity on the project scope.  Elaine leaves the call.
 +
#*Approve [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/2254/9321/HL7_Inform_PubRqst_PHERImmdam.docx Informative publication request] for ''HL7 Domain Analysis Model: Immunization, Release 1'' by PHER of DESD, at  [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=310 Project Insight # 310] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2254&start=0 TSC Tracker #2254]
 +
#**'''Vote: '''  unanimously approved.
 +
<!--              -->
 +
<!--  Discussion  -->
 +
#Discussion topics:
 +
#*Co-sponsor Work Group participation in HL7 EHR-System Functional Profile for Health Information Exchange Metadata, Release 1 - US Realm, at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=819 Project Insight # 819] for EHR WG.
 +
#**This is currently out for comment only ballot. Pat describes the history of co-sponsorship for CBCC and Security, and this holds no objection for EHR. Pat confirmed Security commitment of intent to cosponsor per her email to TSC of 4/27/2012, and received confirmation from CBCC. Lack of representation from the committees may have contributed to neglect to retain their cosponsorship on the project.  ACTION ITEM: Lynn will update Project Insight and notify the cochairs of the cosponsoring WGs. ACTION ITEM: Pat will ensure they have joint WG meeting time in Vancouver to discuss the ballot comments Wednesday Q1 in the joint meeting with EHR and Security to which CBCC has been invited. Austin asks that participation between WGMs also be addressed. Helen asks if individual members of the work groups are on the Project Scope Statement. Kathleen is not a cochair, John Moehrke is also listed, and Keith Boone and Michelle Dougherty are listed project facilitators.
 +
#*Helen leaves the call
 +
#*[[Strategic Initiatives TSC Dashboard]] metrics review: Product Quality - Product Development Effectiveness measure - number of ballots to achieve [http://www.hl7.org/special/committees/tsc/ballotmanagement/reports/ANSINormative_Items_all_wgs.cfm normative status]
 +
#**Measurement issues:
 +
#**#whether to count Comment-only, Committee or DSTU ballots towards normative count, '''count only Membership and Normative '''
 +
#**#whether to run the rolling average by date publication request submitted or by date final normative ballot completed? '''ANSI date''' as the data is more easily obtained
 +
#**#Reaffirmation ballots - '''no''' it's not what we meant to measure for quality and will skew the data
 +
#**#Freida asks about recirculation ballots. Tony doesn't think they should be ignored. Pat says if we count it, count it as a whole (as compared to a 'half' a ballot). Generally accepted to '''count recirculation ballots'''
 +
#*Cross-paradigm project - send it out to cochairs for review and put it on TSC agenda for next week. ACTION ITEM: Lynn will send to cochairs and put on next week's agenda. Helen suggests we contact Woody so he can attend next week if he has a concern. Tony notes Woody won't be here next week as he'll be at the ISO meeting. Austin notes that he's been on the email threads.
 +
#Who would be absent for next week's meeting? No other regrets noted.
 +
#Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
 +
#*Congratulations to the ITS WG of FTSD: Announcing eligibility for normative publication of HL7 Version 3 Standard: Transport Specification – ebXML Using ebMS 2.0, Release 1 from the 2011 May ballot, at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=759 Project Insight # 759] - informative item
 +
<!-- #WGM Planning - -->
 +
#WGM Saturday meeting head count for HQ meal guarantees...
 +
#[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemBrowse&tracker_id=313 Open Issues List]
  
'''''Please don't forget to hang up from the conference call '' (VOIP users)'''
 
 
===Next Steps===
 
===Next Steps===
 
{|border="1" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0"  
 
{|border="1" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0"  
 
|-
 
|-
 
|colspan="4" |'''Actions''' ''(Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)''<br/>
 
|colspan="4" |'''Actions''' ''(Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)''<br/>
* .
+
* Lynn will update Project Insight for 819 and notify the cochairs of the cosponsoring WGs
 +
*Pat will ensure they have joint WG meeting time in Vancouver to discuss the Project Insight 819 ballot comments Wednesday Q1 in the joint meeting with EHR and Security to which CBCC has been invited.
 +
*Lynn will send 863 to cochairs and put on next week's agenda..
 
|-
 
|-
 
|colspan="4" |'''Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items'''<br/>
 
|colspan="4" |'''Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items'''<br/>
*.
+
*Withdrawal request for HL7 Version 3 Standard: Care Provision; Allergy and Intolerance, Release 1, at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=174 Project Insight # 174] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2255 TSC tracker 2255]
 +
*[[2012-05-07 TSC Call Agenda]].
 
|}
 
|}
  
  
 
© 2012 Health Level Seven® International.  All rights reserved.
 
© 2012 Health Level Seven® International.  All rights reserved.

Latest revision as of 17:00, 30 April 2012

TSC Agenda/Minutes

Meeting Info/Attendees

HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
GoToMeeting ID: 165-215-206

Date: 2012-04-30
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Austin Kreisler Note taker(s): Lynn Laakso
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented yes
Chair/CTO ArB International Affiliate Rep Ad-Hoc
x Austin Kreisler . Charlie Mead x Ravi Natarajan x Helen Stevens
. John Quinn . Ron Parker . Giorgio Cangioli
Domain Experts Foundation and Technology Structure and Semantic Design Technical and Support Services
x Ed Tripp . Woody Beeler x Calvin Beebe x Freida Hall
x Mead Walker x Tony Julian x Pat van Dyke . Patrick Loyd
ex officio Invited Guests Observers HL7 Staff
. Don Mon (HL7 Chair) w/vote . EHR co-chairs x Elaine Ayres, PC x Lynn Laakso
. Bob Dolin (Vice Chair) vote . Security Co-chairs . obs2 .
. Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote . CBCC co-chairs . . .
. . Structured Documents co-chairs . -

Agenda

Agenda Topics

  1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
  2. Agenda review and approval - Austin Kreisler
  3. Approve Minutes of 2012-04-23 TSC Call Agenda
  4. Review action items
  5. Approval items:
  6. Discussion topics:
    • Co-sponsor Work Group participation in HL7 EHR-System Functional Profile for Health Information Exchange Metadata, Release 1 - US Realm, at Project Insight # 819 for EHR WG.
    • Strategic Initiatives TSC Dashboard metrics review: Product Quality - Product Development Effectiveness measure - number of ballots to achieve normative status
      • Measurement issues:
        1. whether to count Comment-only, Committee or DSTU ballots towards normative count,
        2. whether to run the rolling average by date publication request submitted or by date final normative ballot completed?
  7. Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
    • Congratulations to the ITS WG of FTSD: Announcing eligibility for normative publication of HL7 Version 3 Standard: Transport Specification – ebXML Using ebMS 2.0, Release 1 from the 2011 May ballot, at Project Insight # 759
  8. WGM Saturday meeting head count for HQ meal guarantees...
  9. Open Issues List


Supporting Documents

  • See links

Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:
Call to order 11:03 AM EDT

  1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests) Elaine Ayres of PC on the project approval.
  2. Agenda review and approval - Austin Kreisler; Austin wishes to add a discussion on the status of the cross-paradigm project under Discussion.
  3. Approve Minutes of 2012-04-23 TSC Call Agenda - Calvin and Helen abstain. Pat carries the SSD SD vote; approved 5/0/1.
  4. Review action items
  5. Approval items:
    • Motion: Approve project scope statement for Patient Care of DESD: Patient Care Allergies and Intolerances Develop a DAM to support the assessment of the current DSTU at Project Insight # 881 and TSC Tracker #2253.
      • Received withdrawal request for HL7 Version 3 Standard: Care Provision; Allergy and Intolerance, Release 1, at Project Insight # 174 and TSC tracker 2255, on May 7th agenda
      • Elaine describes the project and the associated withdrawal. The ballot is intended for December timeframe, and this milestone was added to the project statement. The final milestone to update the DAM information to the RMIM was discussed; Elaine notes it is not going to be balloted. Austin felt it was confusing as it is beyond scope of the balloted DAM. Elaine agrees it can be struck from the scope statement as it was part of the initial discussions to extend the DSTU. Helen asks what the understanding of the Steering Division was? Mead does not think any issue came up during the voting. Helen suggests we make the assumption the scope is contracted rather than extended and use the DAM only as scope. Austin thinks the TSC can approve the scope contingent on it being strictly on the DAM and not RMIM update. Motion: Ed moves we amend with striking activities on the RMIM and conditional it be on the activities to product the DAM. Helen seconds.
      • Vote: Unanimously approved. Austin reiterates that we do not discourage eventual message development by Patient Care but wish to maintain clarity on the project scope. Elaine leaves the call.
    • Approve Informative publication request for HL7 Domain Analysis Model: Immunization, Release 1 by PHER of DESD, at Project Insight # 310 and TSC Tracker #2254
      • Vote: unanimously approved.
  6. Discussion topics:
    • Co-sponsor Work Group participation in HL7 EHR-System Functional Profile for Health Information Exchange Metadata, Release 1 - US Realm, at Project Insight # 819 for EHR WG.
      • This is currently out for comment only ballot. Pat describes the history of co-sponsorship for CBCC and Security, and this holds no objection for EHR. Pat confirmed Security commitment of intent to cosponsor per her email to TSC of 4/27/2012, and received confirmation from CBCC. Lack of representation from the committees may have contributed to neglect to retain their cosponsorship on the project. ACTION ITEM: Lynn will update Project Insight and notify the cochairs of the cosponsoring WGs. ACTION ITEM: Pat will ensure they have joint WG meeting time in Vancouver to discuss the ballot comments Wednesday Q1 in the joint meeting with EHR and Security to which CBCC has been invited. Austin asks that participation between WGMs also be addressed. Helen asks if individual members of the work groups are on the Project Scope Statement. Kathleen is not a cochair, John Moehrke is also listed, and Keith Boone and Michelle Dougherty are listed project facilitators.
    • Helen leaves the call
    • Strategic Initiatives TSC Dashboard metrics review: Product Quality - Product Development Effectiveness measure - number of ballots to achieve normative status
      • Measurement issues:
        1. whether to count Comment-only, Committee or DSTU ballots towards normative count, count only Membership and Normative
        2. whether to run the rolling average by date publication request submitted or by date final normative ballot completed? ANSI date as the data is more easily obtained
        3. Reaffirmation ballots - no it's not what we meant to measure for quality and will skew the data
        4. Freida asks about recirculation ballots. Tony doesn't think they should be ignored. Pat says if we count it, count it as a whole (as compared to a 'half' a ballot). Generally accepted to count recirculation ballots
    • Cross-paradigm project - send it out to cochairs for review and put it on TSC agenda for next week. ACTION ITEM: Lynn will send to cochairs and put on next week's agenda. Helen suggests we contact Woody so he can attend next week if he has a concern. Tony notes Woody won't be here next week as he'll be at the ISO meeting. Austin notes that he's been on the email threads.
  7. Who would be absent for next week's meeting? No other regrets noted.
  8. Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
    • Congratulations to the ITS WG of FTSD: Announcing eligibility for normative publication of HL7 Version 3 Standard: Transport Specification – ebXML Using ebMS 2.0, Release 1 from the 2011 May ballot, at Project Insight # 759 - informative item
  9. WGM Saturday meeting head count for HQ meal guarantees...
  10. Open Issues List

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • Lynn will update Project Insight for 819 and notify the cochairs of the cosponsoring WGs
  • Pat will ensure they have joint WG meeting time in Vancouver to discuss the Project Insight 819 ballot comments Wednesday Q1 in the joint meeting with EHR and Security to which CBCC has been invited.
  • Lynn will send 863 to cochairs and put on next week's agenda..
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


© 2012 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.