2011-10-31 TSC Call Minutes

From HL7 TSC
Revision as of 13:00, 31 October 2011 by Austin kreisler (talk | contribs)
Jump to navigation Jump to search

TSC Agenda/Minutes

Meeting Info/Attendees

Standing Conference Calls

TSC will hold a Conference Call at 11AM Eastern time, each Monday except during scheduled face-to-face Working Group Meetings unless otherwise noted at TSC_Minutes_and_Agendas.

GoToMeeting at https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/426505829 using VOIP
For those without access to microphone/speakers:
US: +1 (224)501-3318
Canada: +1 (647)497-9379
Italy: +39 0 230 57 81 80
Access Code: 426-505-829
GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829
HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 124466#
GoToMeeting ID: 165-215-206

Date: 2011-10-31
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Austin Kreisler Note taker(s): Lynn Laakso
Attendee Name Affiliation
? Calvin Beebe HL7 SSD SD Co-Chair
? Woody Beeler HL7 FTSD Co-Chair
? Bob Dolin HL7 Board Chair
? Freida Hall invited guest, HL7 T3SD SD Co-Chair-elect
? Tony Julian HL7 FTSD Co-Chair
? Austin Kreisler HL7 TSC Chair, DESD Co-Chair
? Lynn Laakso HL7 staff support
? Patrick Loyd HL7 T3SD Co-Chair
? Ken McCaslin HL7 T3SD Co-Chair
? Charlie Mead HL7 ArB Chair
? Ravi Natarajan HL7 Affiliate Representative
? Ron Parker HL7 ArB Alternate
? John Quinn HL7 CTO
? Ed Tripp HL7 DESD Co-Chair
? Pat Van Dyke HL7 SSD SD Co-Chair
? Mead Walker invited guest, HL7 DESD SD Co-Chair-elect

Quorum Requirements (Chair +5 with 2 SD Reps) Met: (yes/No)


Agenda Topics

  1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
  2. Agenda review and approval - Austin Kreisler
  3. Approve Minutes
  4. Review action items
    • (From last meeting) Ken will report back on Karen’s opinion on the ONC S&I LRI downgrade.
    • Tracker #2060 Ken will create Strategic Dashboard criteria metrics recommendations for: Industry responsiveness and easier implementation
    • Tracker #2059 Austin will create Strategic Dashboard criteria metrics for: Requirements traceability and cross-artifact consistency
    • Tracker #2058 Woody will create Strategic Dashboard criteria metrics for: Product Quality
    • Tracker #2057 Patrick will create Strategic Dashboard criteria metrics for: WGM Effectiveness
  5. Approval items:
  6. Open Issues List
    • Tracker # 2061 For 2011-10-31: Project Services to advise TSC on how the Steering Divisions can use the PBS metrics information to evaluate - see document
  7. Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
    • Product visibility project update
  8. Discussion topics:
    • (10 min) Modeling vs terminology
      • Discussion thread: Universal/Perfect vs Simple/Done/Usable (was RE: Allergy Question)
      • TSC Question(posed by Lloyd McKenzie): The core of the question is what we should tell implementers when they ask, and whether HL7 should be publishing models that support different terminological approaches. Tom [de Jong] has raised the question to the TSC, and they can (at minimum) make a ruling on that second question.

Supporting Documents

  • See links


Minutes/Conclusions Reached:

Please don't forget to hang up from the conference call (VOIP users)

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items
  • .