Difference between revisions of "2011-04-04 TSC Call Minutes"

From HL7 TSC
Jump to navigation Jump to search
 
(10 intermediate revisions by 3 users not shown)
Line 6: Line 6:
 
{|border="1" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0"  
 
{|border="1" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0"  
 
| width="0%" colspan="2" align="left" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|'''HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes''' <br/>
 
| width="0%" colspan="2" align="left" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|'''HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes''' <br/>
'''Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 124466#'''<br/> GoToMeeting ID: [https://www.gotomeeting.com/join/165215206 165-215-206 ]
+
'''Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 124466#'''<br/> GoToMeeting ID: [https://www.gotomeeting.com/join/432583113 432-583-113 ]
 
| width="0%" colspan="1" align="left" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|'''Date: 2011-04-04'''<br/> '''Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern (EDT)'''
 
| width="0%" colspan="1" align="left" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|'''Date: 2011-04-04'''<br/> '''Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern (EDT)'''
 
|-
 
|-
 
| width="0%" colspan="2" align="right"|'''Facilitator''': Austin Kreisler
 
| width="0%" colspan="2" align="right"|'''Facilitator''': Austin Kreisler
| width="0%" colspan="1" align="right"|'''Note taker(s)''': Lynn Laakso
+
| width="0%" colspan="1" align="right"|'''Note taker(s)''': Tony Julian
 
|}
 
|}
  
Line 21: Line 21:
 
|width="0%"|'''Affiliation'''
 
|width="0%"|'''Affiliation'''
 
|-
 
|-
|?||Calvin Beebe||HL7 SSD SD Co-Chair
+
|X||Calvin Beebe||HL7 SSD SD Co-Chair
 
|-
 
|-
|?||Woody Beeler||HL7 FTSD Co-Chair
+
|X||Woody Beeler||HL7 FTSD Co-Chair
 
|-
 
|-
 
|?||Bob Dolin||HL7 Board Chair
 
|?||Bob Dolin||HL7 Board Chair
 
|-
 
|-
|?||Tony Julian||HL7 FTSD Co-Chair
+
|X||Tony Julian||HL7 FTSD Co-Chair
 
|-
 
|-
|?||Austin Kreisler||HL7 TSC Chair, DESD Co-Chair
+
|X||Austin Kreisler||HL7 TSC Chair, DESD Co-Chair
 
|-
 
|-
|?||Lynn Laakso ||HL7 staff support
+
|X||Lynn Laakso ||HL7 staff support
 
|-
 
|-
|?||Patrick Loyd|| HL7 T3SD Co-Chair
+
|X||Patrick Loyd|| HL7 T3SD Co-Chair
 
|-
 
|-
 
|regrets||Ken McCaslin||HL7 TSS SD Co-Chair
 
|regrets||Ken McCaslin||HL7 TSS SD Co-Chair
 
|-
 
|-
|?||Charlie Mead||HL7 ArB Chair
+
|regrets||Charlie Mead||HL7 ArB Chair
 
|-
 
|-
 
|?||Ravi Natarajan||HL7 Affiliate Representative
 
|?||Ravi Natarajan||HL7 Affiliate Representative
 
|-
 
|-
|?||Ron Parker||HL7 ArB Alternate
+
|X||Ron Parker||HL7 ArB Alternate
 
|-
 
|-
|?||John Quinn||HL7 CTO
+
|X||John Quinn||HL7 CTO
 
|-
 
|-
|?||Gregg Seppala||HL7 SSD SD Co-Chair
+
|X||Gregg Seppala||HL7 SSD SD Co-Chair
 
|-
 
|-
|?||Ed Tripp||HL7 DESD Co-Chair
+
|X||Ed Tripp||HL7 DESD Co-Chair
 
|-
 
|-
|?||Jay Zimmerman || HL7 Affiliate Representative
+
|X||Jay Zimmerman || HL7 Affiliate Representative
 
|-
 
|-
 
| || ||  
 
| || ||  
Line 61: Line 61:
 
{|border="1" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0"  
 
{|border="1" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0"  
 
|-
 
|-
|colspan="3" |'''Quorum Requirements (Chair +5 with 2 SD Reps) Met: '''(yes/No)
+
|colspan="3" |'''Quorum Requirements (Chair +5 with 2 SD Reps) Met: '''(Yes)
 
|-
 
|-
 
|}
 
|}
Line 68: Line 68:
 
#Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
 
#Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
 
#Agenda review and approval - Austin Kreisler
 
#Agenda review and approval - Austin Kreisler
#Approve Minutes
+
#Approve Minutes of [[2011-03-28_TSC_Call_Agenda]]
 
#Review [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemBrowse&tracker_id=494 action items] –
 
#Review [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemBrowse&tracker_id=494 action items] –
 
<!--              -->
 
<!--              -->
Line 76: Line 76:
 
#*PHER has voted to withdraw the project for eSurveillance (HL7 Version 2.5.1 Implementation Guide: eSurveillance, Release 1 (US Realm)) which balloted as DSTU in 2010Jan. See [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=515 Project Insight # 515].
 
#*PHER has voted to withdraw the project for eSurveillance (HL7 Version 2.5.1 Implementation Guide: eSurveillance, Release 1 (US Realm)) which balloted as DSTU in 2010Jan. See [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=515 Project Insight # 515].
 
#**Per [http://www.hl7.org/permalink/?GOM GOM 14.14], a Work Group may petition the TSC to discontinue a standards project... The TSC shall have the final decision on a request to discontinue a standards project.
 
#**Per [http://www.hl7.org/permalink/?GOM GOM 14.14], a Work Group may petition the TSC to discontinue a standards project... The TSC shall have the final decision on a request to discontinue a standards project.
 +
#*RCRIM wishes to withdraw the standard ''HL7 Version 3 Standard: Regulated Studies - Periodic Reporting of Clinical Trials Laboratory Results, Release 1'' recognized as ANSI/HL7 V3 PORT, R1-2004; and discontinue the release 2 project at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=271 Project Insight # 271]
 +
 
<!--              -->
 
<!--              -->
 
<!--  Discussion  -->
 
<!--  Discussion  -->
Line 92: Line 94:
 
===Minutes===
 
===Minutes===
 
'''Minutes/Conclusions Reached:'''<br/>
 
'''Minutes/Conclusions Reached:'''<br/>
 +
#CTO at 10:06am
 +
#Approve Minutes of [[2011-03-28_TSC_Call_Agenda]] Unanimous
 +
#Approval items:
 +
##Out of cycle meeting request for RIMBAA for 2011-11-15 in Amsterdam, NL, at TSC Tracker # 1879 expecting 25 people - in line with previous requests - in addition to reqular WGM, no HL7 funding.
 +
###MMS Patrick/Ed (9-0-0))
 +
##PHER has voted to withdraw the project for eSurveillance (HL7 Version 2.5.1 Implementation Guide: eSurveillance, Release 1 (US Realm)) which balloted as DSTU in 2010Jan. See Project Insight # 515. 
 +
###MMS to approve Ed/Woody (11-0-0) (Calvin Joined)
 +
###Per GOM 14.14, a Work Group may petition the TSC to discontinue a standards project... The TSC shall have the final decision on a request to discontinue a standards project.
 +
##RCRIM wishes to withdraw the standard HL7 Version 3 Standard: Regulated Studies - Periodic Reporting of Clinical Trials Laboratory Results, Release 1 recognized as ANSI/HL7 V3 PORT, R1-2004; and discontinue the release 2 project at Project Insight # 271
 +
###Will be re-started by RCRIM and Clinical Genomics.
 +
###MMS (Ed/Woody) to approve withdrawal of the Periodic Reporting Clinical Trials Laboratory Results release 2 project# 271 (11-0-0)
 +
###MMS (Ed/John) to withdraw Periodic Reporting of Clinical Trials Laboratory Results, Release 1 (11-0-0)
 +
 +
#Discussion topics:
 +
#Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
 +
#Status of approval of HQMF Project Scope Statement for Structured Documents WG and CDS of SSD SD. See TSC Tracker # 1871, Project Insight ID# 756
 +
##Now officially approved.  Will not ballot this cycle.
 +
#Work Group Health previews: identification of our "Healthiest" work groups at the 2011May WGM
 +
##Want to proceed with id of "Healthiest" work groups - publically identify
 +
##Pick by "perfect scores"?
 +
##Allow the SD co-chairs to identify?
 +
##Suggest to be done anually.
 +
##Task of SD to recogize healthiest workgroups.
 +
###Why should we choose one over another?
 +
###Goal is to get everybody green.
 +
###Those with perfect scores would be marked healthiest.
 +
###Should we limit the number? No limit to the number.
 +
###Would be part of TSC's report - ask the members to be recognized.
 +
###Poll the groups to find their secret recipe for success.
 +
#What should be the withdrawal process for a standards project - do we need a form to be submitted or maintain a lightweight process? What should the role of the Steering Division be? (Discussion around GOM 15.02 Maintenance of HL7 American National Standards)
 +
##Should they go through the Steering Division first?
 +
###Yes - and advertised in the same way as new projects.
 +
##We need to make clear the consequence, get the workgroups approval, and communicate.
 +
##Advertise for those who have interest.
 +
##Not a ballot - administrative function of oversight group.
 +
##Must communicate to membership at large.
 +
##Should touch on Intellectual Properties implications.
 +
##Suggested if standard has run its five years, and no work is forthcoming to reaffirmation, or upgrade.
 +
##Suggested project to oversee maintenance of standards.
  
  
 +
Adjourned at 11:55am
 +
[[User:A julian|A julian]] 15:58, 4 April 2011 (UTC)
  
 
===Next Steps===
 
===Next Steps===
Line 99: Line 142:
 
|-
 
|-
 
|colspan="4" |'''Actions''' ''(Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)''<br/>
 
|colspan="4" |'''Actions''' ''(Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)''<br/>
* .
+
* .Austin will develop straw-man poll on withdrawal procedures
 
|-
 
|-
 
|colspan="4" |'''Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items'''<br/>
 
|colspan="4" |'''Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items'''<br/>
 
*.
 
*.
 
|}
 
|}

Latest revision as of 18:16, 11 April 2011

TSC Agenda/Minutes

Meeting Info/Attendees

Standing Conference Calls

TSC will hold a Conference Call at 11AM Eastern time, each Monday except during scheduled face-to-face Working Group Meetings unless otherwise noted at TSC_Minutes_and_Agendas.

GoToMeeting at https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/426505829 using VOIP
For those without access to microphone/speakers:
US: +1 (224)501-3318
Canada: +1 (647)497-9379
Italy: +39 0 230 57 81 80
Access Code: 426-505-829
GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829
HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 124466#
GoToMeeting ID: 432-583-113

Date: 2011-04-04
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern (EDT)
Facilitator: Austin Kreisler Note taker(s): Tony Julian
Attendee Name Affiliation
X Calvin Beebe HL7 SSD SD Co-Chair
X Woody Beeler HL7 FTSD Co-Chair
? Bob Dolin HL7 Board Chair
X Tony Julian HL7 FTSD Co-Chair
X Austin Kreisler HL7 TSC Chair, DESD Co-Chair
X Lynn Laakso HL7 staff support
X Patrick Loyd HL7 T3SD Co-Chair
regrets Ken McCaslin HL7 TSS SD Co-Chair
regrets Charlie Mead HL7 ArB Chair
? Ravi Natarajan HL7 Affiliate Representative
X Ron Parker HL7 ArB Alternate
X John Quinn HL7 CTO
X Gregg Seppala HL7 SSD SD Co-Chair
X Ed Tripp HL7 DESD Co-Chair
X Jay Zimmerman HL7 Affiliate Representative


Quorum Requirements (Chair +5 with 2 SD Reps) Met: (Yes)

Agenda

Agenda Topics

  1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
  2. Agenda review and approval - Austin Kreisler
  3. Approve Minutes of 2011-03-28_TSC_Call_Agenda
  4. Review action items
  5. Approval items:
    • Out of cycle meeting request for RIMBAA for 2011-11-15 in Amsterdam, NL, at TSC Tracker # 1879
    • PHER has voted to withdraw the project for eSurveillance (HL7 Version 2.5.1 Implementation Guide: eSurveillance, Release 1 (US Realm)) which balloted as DSTU in 2010Jan. See Project Insight # 515.
      • Per GOM 14.14, a Work Group may petition the TSC to discontinue a standards project... The TSC shall have the final decision on a request to discontinue a standards project.
    • RCRIM wishes to withdraw the standard HL7 Version 3 Standard: Regulated Studies - Periodic Reporting of Clinical Trials Laboratory Results, Release 1 recognized as ANSI/HL7 V3 PORT, R1-2004; and discontinue the release 2 project at Project Insight # 271
  1. Discussion topics:
  2. Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
    • Work Group Health previews: identification of our "Healthiest" work groups at the 2011May WGM
    • What should be the withdrawal process for a standards project - do we need a form to be submitted or maintain a lightweight process? What should the role of the Steering Division be?
    • Status of approval of HQMF Project Scope Statement for Structured Documents WG and CDS of SSD SD. See TSC Tracker # 1871, Project Insight ID# 756
  3. Open Issues List


Supporting Documents

Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:

  1. CTO at 10:06am
  2. Approve Minutes of 2011-03-28_TSC_Call_Agenda Unanimous
  3. Approval items:
    1. Out of cycle meeting request for RIMBAA for 2011-11-15 in Amsterdam, NL, at TSC Tracker # 1879 expecting 25 people - in line with previous requests - in addition to reqular WGM, no HL7 funding.
      1. MMS Patrick/Ed (9-0-0))
    2. PHER has voted to withdraw the project for eSurveillance (HL7 Version 2.5.1 Implementation Guide: eSurveillance, Release 1 (US Realm)) which balloted as DSTU in 2010Jan. See Project Insight # 515.
      1. MMS to approve Ed/Woody (11-0-0) (Calvin Joined)
      2. Per GOM 14.14, a Work Group may petition the TSC to discontinue a standards project... The TSC shall have the final decision on a request to discontinue a standards project.
    3. RCRIM wishes to withdraw the standard HL7 Version 3 Standard: Regulated Studies - Periodic Reporting of Clinical Trials Laboratory Results, Release 1 recognized as ANSI/HL7 V3 PORT, R1-2004; and discontinue the release 2 project at Project Insight # 271
      1. Will be re-started by RCRIM and Clinical Genomics.
      2. MMS (Ed/Woody) to approve withdrawal of the Periodic Reporting Clinical Trials Laboratory Results release 2 project# 271 (11-0-0)
      3. MMS (Ed/John) to withdraw Periodic Reporting of Clinical Trials Laboratory Results, Release 1 (11-0-0)
  1. Discussion topics:
  2. Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
  3. Status of approval of HQMF Project Scope Statement for Structured Documents WG and CDS of SSD SD. See TSC Tracker # 1871, Project Insight ID# 756
    1. Now officially approved. Will not ballot this cycle.
  4. Work Group Health previews: identification of our "Healthiest" work groups at the 2011May WGM
    1. Want to proceed with id of "Healthiest" work groups - publically identify
    2. Pick by "perfect scores"?
    3. Allow the SD co-chairs to identify?
    4. Suggest to be done anually.
    5. Task of SD to recogize healthiest workgroups.
      1. Why should we choose one over another?
      2. Goal is to get everybody green.
      3. Those with perfect scores would be marked healthiest.
      4. Should we limit the number? No limit to the number.
      5. Would be part of TSC's report - ask the members to be recognized.
      6. Poll the groups to find their secret recipe for success.
  5. What should be the withdrawal process for a standards project - do we need a form to be submitted or maintain a lightweight process? What should the role of the Steering Division be? (Discussion around GOM 15.02 Maintenance of HL7 American National Standards)
    1. Should they go through the Steering Division first?
      1. Yes - and advertised in the same way as new projects.
    2. We need to make clear the consequence, get the workgroups approval, and communicate.
    3. Advertise for those who have interest.
    4. Not a ballot - administrative function of oversight group.
    5. Must communicate to membership at large.
    6. Should touch on Intellectual Properties implications.
    7. Suggested if standard has run its five years, and no work is forthcoming to reaffirmation, or upgrade.
    8. Suggested project to oversee maintenance of standards.


Adjourned at 11:55am A julian 15:58, 4 April 2011 (UTC)

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .Austin will develop straw-man poll on withdrawal procedures
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items
  • .