Difference between revisions of "2011-02-07 TSC Call Minutes"

From HL7 TSC
Jump to navigation Jump to search
 
(No difference)

Latest revision as of 17:27, 14 February 2011

TSC Agenda/Minutes

Meeting Info/Attendees

HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 124466#
GoToMeeting ID: 165-215-206

Date: 2011-02-07
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Austin Kreisler Note taker(s): Lynn Laakso
Attendee Name Affiliation
x Calvin Beebe HL7 SSD SD Co-Chair
x Woody Beeler HL7 FTSD Co-Chair
Bob Dolin HL7 Board Chair
x Tony Julian HL7 FTSD Co-Chair
x Austin Kreisler HL7 TSC Chair, DESD Co-Chair
x Lynn Laakso HL7 staff support
x Patrick Loyd HL7 T3SD Co-Chair
x Ken McCaslin HL7 TSS SD Co-Chair
regrets Charlie Mead HL7 ArB Chair
x Ravi Natarajan HL7 Affiliate Representative
x Ron Parker HL7 ArB Alternate
x John Quinn HL7 CTO
x Gregg Seppala HL7 SSD SD Co-Chair
x Ed Tripp HL7 DESD Co-Chair
Jay Zimmerman HL7 Affiliate Representative


Quorum Requirements (Chair +5 with 2 SD Reps) Met: yes

Agenda

Agenda Topics

  1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
  2. Agenda review and approval - Austin Kreisler
  3. Approve Minutes of 2011-01-31_TSC_Call_Agenda
  4. Review action items
  5. Review new WGM action items:
    • Calvin will check with Keith on his Google Map for CDA Usage for V3 marketing/usage statistics.
    • Ken will take issue # 1681 to Project Services on description of “process adoption” process, e.g. alpha vs endorsed vs. encouraged vs mandated i.e. Security Risk Framework Cookbook. - completed
    • Austin to follow up on the status of Healthcare Readiness Project Development (#1636) - completed pending DESD approval
    • Woody to create a project scope statement for T3F Strategic Initiative Review.
    • Ken and Lynn to draft a letter to Charlie thanking him for his service. .
    • Jane will set up a meeting with the members of the Tooling committee and Charlie and Grahame Grieve on the NCI RFP response.
    • Bob will write the first draft and Calvin will look over his shoulder, and Charlie will review for incubator proposal process (not a specific incubator project)
    • Architecture Implementation Program actions:
  6. Approval items:
  7. Discussion Topics:
  8. Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
  9. Open Issues List


Supporting Documents


Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:
Called to order at 11:04am

  1. No visitors
  2. Agenda review and approval - Austin Kreisler
    • Agenda has been reformatted; grouped decision approval items above the reports, as well as discussion topics. Written reports for steering divisions can be posted below. Items for the agenda can be sent to Lynn and Austin.
    • Agenda approved.
  3. Approve Minutes of 2011-01-31_TSC_Call_Agenda unanimously approved.
  4. Review action items – let’s get due dates on these things
  5. Review new WGM action items:
    • Calvin will check with Keith on his Google Map for CDA Usage for V3 marketing/usage statistics. Calvin will try to have something next week.
    • Ken will take issue # 1681 to Project Services on description of “process adoption” process, e.g. alpha vs endorsed vs. encouraged vs mandated i.e. Security Risk Framework Cookbook. - completed
    • Austin to follow up on the status of Healthcare Readiness Project Development (#1636) - completed pending DESD approval
    • Ken and Lynn to draft a letter to Charlie thanking him for his service. Push out one week
    • Jane will set up a meeting with the members of the Tooling committee and Charlie and Grahame Grieve on the NCI RFP response. Woody described the request to the Tooling committee. This can be closed. Completed
    • Bob will write the first draft and Calvin will look over his shoulder, and Charlie will review for incubator proposal process (not a specific incubator project) - in progress.
    • Architecture Implementation Program actions:
  6. Approval items:
    • Motion from Domain Experts: Approve DSTU publication request for CBCC - Consent Directive CDA R2 IG at TSC Tracker # 1766, Project Insight ID# 553.
      • Vote: Unanimously approved.
    • Motion from Domain Experts: Approve project scope revision request for CIC - Cardiology Domain Analysis Model Release 2 at TSC Tracker # 1767, Project Insight # 726.
    • Gregg asked about section 6 in relation to contents of a DAM in regards to data interchange. There will be products derived from this DAM implemented in organizations outside of HL7. Woody asks if an extension into all of cardiology has implications to all of Internal Medicine. Ed notes that BRIDG has run into some of the same issues in determining termination points for handoff. They are aware and will be cognizant of that issue. Calvin mentioned that they have checked 2.b for a public document. Ed moves to amend the motion to acknowledge the TSC approves with caveat that EC Must approve the public document. Calvin seconds.
    • Vote: unanimously approved.
  7. Discussion Topics:
    • TSC Technical Newsletter - should we continue? Austin got an email from Karen today asking if we want to continue as we have not had regular contributions from across the TSC. Ed asks if there is data on whether it’s being read? Cochairs in DESD didn’t seem to be aware of the articles that Austin and Ed had contributed. Austin suggests we include a link to a poll to identify who had read the newsletter. Ravi notes that when he asks the Affiliates what they want to bring back to the TSC he is met with dead silence. Woody notes this publication is expressly for issues related to the TSC and they discussed it on the Monday night at the WGM. Minutes are not sufficient to inform people, we need a digest of what the TSC has done. Ravi says Lynn’s weekly updates are also a digest. Austin notes he and Ed have written something for each one. Ed asks if we should incorporate a TSC section in the newsletter rather than a separate publication. Austin and Lynn will take the idea back to Karen. John will be in the office this week and will likely have a conversation on that with Karen as well.
    • SAIF Architecture Program PSS for discussion
      • There was also a version that Patrick and others had worked on, probably need to be reconciled. Patrick notes that he’s back this week and they can start batting it around. Question is whether do they want a lightweight one to get started or dive into a heavy-duty description. Austin felt this project /program would be around for a while. Patrick agrees the lightweight approach would be better. Austin also notes that it’s appropriate for professional staffing. Ron notes the PSS should indicate its long continuity, long running nature, who we need to establish criteria for inclusion and exclusion in the program. It will be hard to identify what the criteria are for determining when it’s ‘done’. ACTION ITEM: Austin and Patrick will work on something for next week.
    • T3SD/TSC/Board Proposal - Board Appointed Co-Chairs/Liaisons in T3SD WGs: Ken McCaslin; GOM proposal tendered
      • Ken wasn’t sure if the Board had considered this proposal yet but the GOC has already drafted a change to the GOM. Board appointed chairs in the Steering Division should also be Board Liaisons to produce Board reports for the WGMs with cochairs present at the BOD meetings to address concerns. They would keep the SD cochairs informed and let them know what’s going on regarding BOD activities. Should come out from GOC as peer review next week. Ravi asks what the nomination or selection criteria are for these cochairs. The committee would select a cochair to be Board-appointed cochair to serve at the discretion of the Board chair and ratified by the Board. The term would be the length of term of the Board chair or at the BOD chair’s discretion. Woody notes that it would be nice to have 3-6 months wiggle room to allow the new Board chair some time to acclimate before naming new chairs. Should be appointed by the chair but allowed to run 3-6 months past the term of the appointing chair. Ken wanted to give the new chair the option to choose new chairs if he or she wishes. All you need to say is that these cochairs serve at the pleasure of the board chair.
      • Ken accepts the friendly amendments and moves to approve. Woody seconds.
      • VOTE: unanimously approved. Austin doesn’t know if it’s on today’s agenda but will represent it for the TSC.
    • What should be reported on a regular basis? What should those reports look like? ACTION ITEM: everybody think about it and come back in 2 weeks.
  8. Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)


adjourned 11:55 AM EST

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • Austin and Lynn will take the idea of incorporating a TSC section in the newsletter rather than a separate publication back to Karen.
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items
  • .