Difference between revisions of "2010-11-01 TSC Call Minutes"

From HL7 TSC
Jump to navigation Jump to search
(add ballot approval review)
 
(5 intermediate revisions by 2 users not shown)
Line 2: Line 2:
  
 
===Meeting Info/Attendees===
 
===Meeting Info/Attendees===
{{:TSC Meetings}}
+
  [[Category:2010 TSC Minutes]]
  [[Category:2010 TSC Minutes|Agenda Template]]
 
  
 
{|border="1" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0"  
 
{|border="1" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0"  
Line 19: Line 18:
 
|width="0%"|'''Affiliation'''
 
|width="0%"|'''Affiliation'''
 
|-
 
|-
|?||Calvin Beebe||HL7 SSD SD Co-Chair
+
|regrets||Calvin Beebe||HL7 SSD SD Co-Chair
 
|-
 
|-
|?||Woody Beeler||HL7 FTSD Co-Chair
+
|x||Woody Beeler||HL7 FTSD Co-Chair
 
|-
 
|-
|?||Bob Dolin||HL7 Board Chair
+
|.||Bob Dolin||HL7 Board Chair
 
|-
 
|-
|?||Tony Julian||invited guest, HL7 FTSD
+
|x||Tony Julian||invited guest, HL7 FTSD
 
|-
 
|-
|?||Austin Kreisler||HL7 DESD Co-Chair
+
|regrets||Austin Kreisler||HL7 DESD Co-Chair
 
|-
 
|-
|?||Lynn Laakso ||HL7 staff support
+
|x||Lynn Laakso ||HL7 staff support
 
|-
 
|-
|?||Patrick Loyd||invited guest, HL7 T3SD  
+
|x||Patrick Loyd||invited guest, HL7 T3SD  
 
|-
 
|-
|?||Ken McCaslin||HL7 TSS SD Co-Chair
+
|x||Ken McCaslin||HL7 TSS SD Co-Chair
 
|-
 
|-
|?||Charlie McCay (chair)||HL7 TSC Chair, Affiliate Representative
+
|x||Charlie McCay (chair)||HL7 TSC Chair, Affiliate Representative
 
|-
 
|-
 
|regrets||Charlie Mead||HL7 ArB Chair
 
|regrets||Charlie Mead||HL7 ArB Chair
 
|-
 
|-
|?||Ravi Natarajan||HL7 Affiliate Representative
+
|x||Ravi Natarajan||HL7 Affiliate Representative
 
|-
 
|-
|?||Ron Parker||HL7 ArB Alternate
+
|x||Ron Parker||HL7 ArB Alternate
 
|-
 
|-
|?||John Quinn||HL7 CTO
+
|x||John Quinn||HL7 CTO
 
|-
 
|-
|?||Gregg Seppala||HL7 SSD SD Co-Chair
+
|x||Gregg Seppala||HL7 SSD SD Co-Chair
 
|-
 
|-
|regrets||Helen Stevens ||HL7 TSS SD Co-Chair
+
|x||Helen Stevens ||HL7 TSS SD Co-Chair
 
|-
 
|-
|?||Ed Tripp||HL7 DESD Co-Chair
+
|x||Ed Tripp||HL7 DESD Co-Chair
 
|-
 
|-
|?||D. Mead Walker||HL7 FTSD Co-Chair
+
|.||D. Mead Walker||HL7 FTSD Co-Chair
 
|-
 
|-
|?||Jay Zimmerman|| Ad-Hoc member
+
|x||Jay Zimmerman|| Ad-Hoc member
 
|-
 
|-
 
| || ||
 
| || ||
Line 63: Line 62:
 
{|border="1" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0"  
 
{|border="1" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0"  
 
|-
 
|-
|colspan="3" |'''Quorum Requirements (Chair +5 with 2 SD Reps) Met: '''(yes/No)
+
|colspan="3" |'''Quorum Requirements (Chair +5 with 2 SD Reps) Met: '''yes
 
|-
 
|-
 
|}
 
|}
Line 73: Line 72:
 
#*[[2010-10-25_TSC Call Agenda]]
 
#*[[2010-10-25_TSC Call Agenda]]
 
#*[[2010-10-04_TSC_WGM_Minutes]] updated with Lynn's 'lost' notes
 
#*[[2010-10-04_TSC_WGM_Minutes]] updated with Lynn's 'lost' notes
#Review [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemBrowse&tracker_id=494 action items] –
+
#Review [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemBrowse&tracker_id=494 action items] – none this week
#WGM Follow up
 
#*(September) '''Review [[TSC SWOT]]'''
 
#*Review [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/docmanfileversion/5911/7645/TSC_DMP_v3.0_20101018_draft.doc draft updated TSC DMP] to update [http://www.hl7.org/Library/Committees/tsc/TSCDMP20100222_approved.doc existing TSC DMP]
 
#*TSC Nominations Committee - Ken
 
 
# HL7 Chair or CEO Report – if available
 
# HL7 Chair or CEO Report – if available
 
# CTO Report  -  John Quinn
 
# CTO Report  -  John Quinn
Line 93: Line 88:
 
#Membership Comments on Steering Division Reports
 
#Membership Comments on Steering Division Reports
 
#WGM Planning -  
 
#WGM Planning -  
 +
<!--
 
#*Marketing and promotion - update from HQ -  
 
#*Marketing and promotion - update from HQ -  
#*TSC preparations - Lynn Laakso  
+
#*TSC preparations - Lynn Laakso -->
 
#*Working Group preparations - [http://wiki.hl7.org/index.php?title=WGM_information agendas]
 
#*Working Group preparations - [http://wiki.hl7.org/index.php?title=WGM_information agendas]
 +
#**One addition to list of WG not meeting: Health Care Devices.
 
#Discussion Topics:
 
#Discussion Topics:
 
#*[http://wiki.hl7.org/index.php?title=Innovations Innovations] Report: Next Steps, followup - Ed Tripp
 
#*[http://wiki.hl7.org/index.php?title=Innovations Innovations] Report: Next Steps, followup - Ed Tripp
#*"What are our key projects" decision making process
 
 
#*DCM projects in ISO - continued discussion, entry level models program management
 
#*DCM projects in ISO - continued discussion, entry level models program management
 
#*Wiki main page edits discussion
 
#*Wiki main page edits discussion
 +
#**Which WG has editorial responsibility for the wiki?
 
#*Product Quality project update
 
#*Product Quality project update
 +
#*"What are our key projects" decision making process
 
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemBrowse&tracker_id=313 Open Issues List]
 
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemBrowse&tracker_id=313 Open Issues List]
 
#**[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=1635 TSC Tracker # 1635]: Composition of TSC Nominations Committee - Ken
 
#**[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=1635 TSC Tracker # 1635]: Composition of TSC Nominations Committee - Ken
Line 108: Line 106:
  
 
'''Supporting Documents'''<br/>
 
'''Supporting Documents'''<br/>
 +
#http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/1682/7688/Informative_Doc_Publication_Request_eStability_2010-10-26.doc
 +
#http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/1597/7693/HL7ProjectScopeStatementEMSDMIMandISOct2010b_clean.doc
 
#http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/1677/7662/RIMBAA_Project_Set_of_Whitepapers_clean.doc
 
#http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/1677/7662/RIMBAA_Project_Set_of_Whitepapers_clean.doc
 
#http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/1679/7665/ProjectScopeStatement_Vocab_SKMT_Glossary_May2010_R2_clean.doc
 
#http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/1679/7665/ProjectScopeStatement_Vocab_SKMT_Glossary_May2010_R2_clean.doc
 +
#ttp://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/1685/7696/TSC_ApprovalList_2011JAN.doc
  
 
===Minutes===
 
===Minutes===
 
'''Minutes/Conclusions Reached:'''<br/>
 
'''Minutes/Conclusions Reached:'''<br/>
<!--
 
#Visitors:
 
#Agenda:
 
#Minutes approved by general consent
 
#CEO
 
#CTO
 
#ArB
 
#Affiliates:
 
#DESD
 
#FTSD
 
#SSD SD
 
#T3SD
 
#Comments:
 
#WGM:
 
#Discussion
 
#Adjourned hh:mm am/pm (timezone).
 
-->
 
  
 +
#Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests) none
 +
#Agenda review and approval - Charlie McCay – approval by general consent
 +
#Approve Minutes
 +
#*[[2010-10-25_TSC Call Agenda]] – '''unanimously approved'''
 +
#*[[2010-10-04_TSC_WGM_Minutes]] updated with Lynn's 'lost' notes; approved (5/0/1) Ravi abstains.
 +
#Review [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemBrowse&tracker_id=494 action items] – none this week
 +
# HL7 Chair or CEO Report – none available
 +
# CTO Report  -  John Quinn not available
 +
# ArB Report – Ron Parker
 +
#*ArB draft process for taskforce on substantive change. Charlie proposed this effort to the ArB last week and they are working on it. 
 +
#*Working on relationships with other wg on the EA IP.
 +
#*Lynn reports EA IP will have its first alpha closure interview tomorrow morning with Patrick on OO.
 +
#Woody and Tony join
 +
# Affiliates Report – Ravi Natarajan had no report.
 +
# Domain Experts Report–Ed Tripp
 +
#*'''Motion:''' to approve [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/1682/7688/Informative_Doc_Publication_Request_eStability_2010-10-26.doc Informative Document Publication Request] for RCRIM - HL7 Version 3 Implementation Guide: Drug Stability Reporting (eStability) R2, Release 2 at [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=1682 TSC Tracker #1682], [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=275 Project Insight # 275]
 +
#*'''unanimously approved. '''
 +
#*John joins.
 +
#*'''Motion:''' to approve [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/1597/7693/HL7ProjectScopeStatementEMSDMIMandISOct2010b_clean.doc Project Scope Statement] for CIC - Emergency Medical Services Constrained Information Model & Interoperability Specifications (EMS DMIM & IS) at [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=1579 TSC Tracker #1579],  [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=677 Project Insight # 677]
 +
#**Woody notes that Publishing has been working with them on how to publish.  Minor changes to dates and numbering for clarity. Subject to changes being accepted by CIC, '''Vote: ''' unanimously approved.
 +
# Foundation & Technology Report– Woody Beeler/Mead Walker
 +
#*'''Motion:''' to approve [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/1677/7662/RIMBAA_Project_Set_of_Whitepapers_clean.doc Project Scope Statement] for RIMBAA - Creation of a set of whitepapers at [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=1677 TSC Tracker #1677],  [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=550 Project Insight # 550]
 +
#**Woody will double check on the dates and amend them with Lynn. Charlie asks if the approval process is acceptable, committee vote only, given that most whitepapers are balloted informative. This particular aspect was not discussed in Steering Division. Helen responds that with the RIMBAA out of cycle meetings whether there is enough exposure for others to review their material. Charlie suggests we might let the project go forward and watch it with care. Woody adds we can ask them to acknowledge this and report back on what transpired with the committee vote and level of participation. Helen recommends we get information on stakeholder engagement and level of participation before proceeding.  Woody adds we would like to see what they anticipate the impact of the whitepapers will be.
 +
#**'''Vote: ''' Motion tabled. Woody will take the Whitepapers project scope back to committee to address concerns. Helen asks they also use the correct template as the older version is missing sections.
 +
#*'''Motion:''' to approve [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/1679/7665/ProjectScopeStatement_Vocab_SKMT_Glossary_May2010_R2_clean.doc Project Scope Statement] for International SDO Glossary (JIC Project) at [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=1679 TSC Tracker #1679],  [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=495 Project Insight # 495]
 +
#**Dusted off the project scope in Cambridge, reviewed with changes that Vocab could agree to. Publishing will take responsibility for publishing a single glossary in the V3 space and make content available for review and Heather would submit the material to the ISO project for harmonization and publication internationally. Publishing will manage the HL7 glossary and Vocab the internationalization. Charlie doesn’t understand why Vocabulary is part of it but the Publishing and Vocab cochairs are fine with it.  Ron notes that you have a person participating in multiple environments and it’s important to bridge these different worlds. You have a person motivated to making it happen with energy and commitment to do so. Charlie’s concern is governance within HL7. Woody notes that the HL7 purposes of the glossary are being handled by Publishing and will continue to operate independently of activity within the internationalization effort. John notes that efforts like this have come up as a potential requirement from HITSP and ONCHIT. They are looking for a common format in HTML.  Woody comments that the MIF has the ability to do multiple formats but the SKMT should have the ability to put out different formats also. John says they want common publishing formats for the standards themselves – but Woody expects to retire someday he hopes.
 +
#**'''Vote: ''' unanimously approved.
 +
# Structure & Semantic Design Report–Gregg Seppala
 +
#*no items to advance. SD has not met, but will do so in the next couple of weeks with projects coming forward.
 +
# Technical & Support Services Report- Ken McCaslin – nothing to report.
 +
#CTO Report – John noted that last week there was a letter draft to John Klimek. He had comments from Scott Robertson, generally supportive, detailing effort from 2004-2005 regarding pharmacy message to ambulatory setting on discharge.
 +
#*Discussions with ISO trying to patch a disconnect with status of the EHR-S projects. JIC thinks it’s a JIC project and the WG does not think so.
 +
#WGM Planning -
 +
#*Working Group preparations - [http://wiki.hl7.org/index.php?title=WGM_information agendas]
 +
#**One addition to list of WG not meeting: Health Care Devices. They are meeting with others jointly but not having a committee-only meeting. No follow-on meeting of ISO WG2.
 +
#**Any Work Groups can update the HL7 wiki where the WGM Information links are, for their agendas, or send them to Lynn and she’ll update.
 +
#Discussion Topics:
 +
#*[http://wiki.hl7.org/index.php?title=Innovations Innovations] Report: Next Steps, followup - Ed Tripp
 +
#**Established Innovations wiki page, posted info on process as developed at last WGM
 +
#***Links to concepts still active as innovations projects; the submitters have not added to their base pages at this time
 +
#***
 +
#**Established a listserv for those wishing to submit a concept as well as discussing innovation projects
 +
#**No stewards available to run session in Sydney so skipping the 2011Jan cycle. Will send out a call for suggestions for May in Orlando.
 +
#**Suggestions on process please send to Ed. Planned May assessments of how the process is working will probably be premature due to skipping Sydney so will push back one cycle.
 +
#*DCM projects in ISO - continued discussion, entry level models program management
 +
#**Discussion in Rotterdam around ISO DCM Project, outcome was a proposal to split into three parts, one part quality processes to support DCM’ing, second the quality attributes of a DCM (attributes required to underpin the quality process), and third a registry or list of DCM modeling paradigms to which those quality processes apply.
 +
#**Woody asks if the quality aspect was not regarding the models but instead a quality assessment in health care, meaning if you complete this model you have fully evaluated condition xyz. John agrees. Woody notes the models were intended to have a role in quality analysis and quality assurance, and then a registry. John suggests we send an email to William to clarify the understanding Charlie shares with Deepak and the UK contingent. Charlie takes the action item to send email to William regarding intent of DCM. Ravi asks about realm; Woody notes it originated in Dutch system but want to make it a JIC project and have brought a project to HL7. Charlie states it was felt that HL7 should take lead on registry aspects of defining DCMs by elaboration and pull together entry level modeling efforts, to show projects all working on models that are seen as DCM.
 +
#*Wiki main page edits discussion
 +
#**Which WG has editorial responsibility for the wiki?
 +
#**The discussion has gone quiet. Woody was pleased TSC didn’t need to get involved; the community came to a resolution on the community resource. Ken feels the main page should have some process before editing. Ravi says the collaborative environment would be hurt by too much process, but someone should check that the main page is in decent shape. Woody notes if we employ a control point it will take time for them to respond. Rene sort of watches it (it’s been his baby) but provides clarity and consistency rather than radical change.
 +
#*Product Quality project update – no Austin – Gregg noted that Austin has a Doodle poll out trying to schedule a meeting but not enough response on availability. Hoping to schedule after Nov 8th.
 +
#*"What are our key projects" decision making process
 +
#**defer to next week.
 +
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemBrowse&tracker_id=313 Open Issues List]
 +
#**[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=1635 TSC Tracker # 1635]: Composition of TSC Nominations Committee – Ken reports no progress. Defer to next week.
 +
#**[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=1681&start=0 Tracker # 1681]:  Introducing new processes to HL7 – Charlie. Defer to next week.
 +
#**[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=1685&start=0 Tracker # 1685]: Review of [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/1685/7696/TSC_ApprovalList_2011JAN.doc TSC Ballot Approval Summary] for January 2011 Ballot Cycle - for comment this week; for vote next week.
 +
#**:Lynn notes there are documents in the ballot approval summary that the TSC has not yet seen to have projects approved.
 +
 +
Adjourned 12:00 PM EDT
 
===Next Steps===
 
===Next Steps===
 
{|border="1" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0"  
 
{|border="1" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0"  
 
|-
 
|-
 
|colspan="4" |'''Actions''' ''(Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)''<br/>
 
|colspan="4" |'''Actions''' ''(Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)''<br/>
* .
+
*Woody will take the Whitepapers project scope back to committee to address concerns.
 +
* Charlie takes the action item to send email to William regarding intent of DCM.
 
|-
 
|-
 
|colspan="4" |'''Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items'''<br/>
 
|colspan="4" |'''Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items'''<br/>
*.
+
 
 +
*Approve [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/1677/7662/RIMBAA_Project_Set_of_Whitepapers_clean.doc Project Scope Statement] for RIMBAA - Creation of a set of whitepapers at [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=1677 TSC Tracker #1677],  [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=550 Project Insight # 550]
 +
*Product Quality project update – no Austin – Gregg noted that Austin has a Doodle poll out trying to schedule a meeting but not enough response on availability. Hoping to schedule after Nov 8th.
 +
*"What are our key projects" decision making process
 +
*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=1635 TSC Tracker # 1635]: Composition of TSC Nominations Committee – Ken reports no progress. Defer to next week.
 +
*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=1681&start=0 Tracker # 1681]:  Introducing new processes to HL7 – Charlie. Defer to next week.
 +
*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=1685&start=0 Tracker # 1685]: Review of [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/1685/7696/TSC_ApprovalList_2011JAN.doc TSC Ballot Approval Summary] for January 2011 Ballot Cycle
 +
*DCM projects in ISO - continued discussion
 
|}
 
|}

Latest revision as of 17:52, 8 November 2010

TSC Agenda/Minutes

Meeting Info/Attendees

HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: Dial 770-657-9270 and enter pass code 124466#

Date: 2010-11-01
Time: 11 am EDT
Facilitator: Charlie McCay Note taker(s): Lynn Laakso
Attendee Name Affiliation
regrets Calvin Beebe HL7 SSD SD Co-Chair
x Woody Beeler HL7 FTSD Co-Chair
. Bob Dolin HL7 Board Chair
x Tony Julian invited guest, HL7 FTSD
regrets Austin Kreisler HL7 DESD Co-Chair
x Lynn Laakso HL7 staff support
x Patrick Loyd invited guest, HL7 T3SD
x Ken McCaslin HL7 TSS SD Co-Chair
x Charlie McCay (chair) HL7 TSC Chair, Affiliate Representative
regrets Charlie Mead HL7 ArB Chair
x Ravi Natarajan HL7 Affiliate Representative
x Ron Parker HL7 ArB Alternate
x John Quinn HL7 CTO
x Gregg Seppala HL7 SSD SD Co-Chair
x Helen Stevens HL7 TSS SD Co-Chair
x Ed Tripp HL7 DESD Co-Chair
. D. Mead Walker HL7 FTSD Co-Chair
x Jay Zimmerman Ad-Hoc member


Quorum Requirements (Chair +5 with 2 SD Reps) Met: yes

Agenda

Agenda Topics

  1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
  2. Agenda review and approval - Charlie McCay
  3. Approve Minutes
  4. Review action items – none this week
  5. HL7 Chair or CEO Report – if available
  6. CTO Report - John Quinn
  7. ArB Report – Ron Parker
    • ArB draft process for taskforce on substantive change.
  8. Affiliates Report – Ravi Natarajan/ Charlie McCay
  9. Domain Experts Report– Austin Kreisler/Ed Tripp
  10. Foundation & Technology Report– Woody Beeler/Mead Walker
  11. Structure & Semantic Design Report– Calvin Beebe/Gregg Seppala
  12. Technical & Support Services Report- Ken McCaslin
  13. Membership Comments on Steering Division Reports
  14. WGM Planning -
    • Working Group preparations - agendas
      • One addition to list of WG not meeting: Health Care Devices.
  15. Discussion Topics:
    • Innovations Report: Next Steps, followup - Ed Tripp
    • DCM projects in ISO - continued discussion, entry level models program management
    • Wiki main page edits discussion
      • Which WG has editorial responsibility for the wiki?
    • Product Quality project update
    • "What are our key projects" decision making process
    • Open Issues List

Supporting Documents

  1. http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/1682/7688/Informative_Doc_Publication_Request_eStability_2010-10-26.doc
  2. http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/1597/7693/HL7ProjectScopeStatementEMSDMIMandISOct2010b_clean.doc
  3. http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/1677/7662/RIMBAA_Project_Set_of_Whitepapers_clean.doc
  4. http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/1679/7665/ProjectScopeStatement_Vocab_SKMT_Glossary_May2010_R2_clean.doc
  5. ttp://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/1685/7696/TSC_ApprovalList_2011JAN.doc

Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:

  1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests) none
  2. Agenda review and approval - Charlie McCay – approval by general consent
  3. Approve Minutes
  4. Review action items – none this week
  5. HL7 Chair or CEO Report – none available
  6. CTO Report - John Quinn not available
  7. ArB Report – Ron Parker
    • ArB draft process for taskforce on substantive change. Charlie proposed this effort to the ArB last week and they are working on it.
    • Working on relationships with other wg on the EA IP.
    • Lynn reports EA IP will have its first alpha closure interview tomorrow morning with Patrick on OO.
  8. Woody and Tony join
  9. Affiliates Report – Ravi Natarajan had no report.
  10. Domain Experts Report–Ed Tripp
  11. Foundation & Technology Report– Woody Beeler/Mead Walker
    • Motion: to approve Project Scope Statement for RIMBAA - Creation of a set of whitepapers at TSC Tracker #1677, Project Insight # 550
      • Woody will double check on the dates and amend them with Lynn. Charlie asks if the approval process is acceptable, committee vote only, given that most whitepapers are balloted informative. This particular aspect was not discussed in Steering Division. Helen responds that with the RIMBAA out of cycle meetings whether there is enough exposure for others to review their material. Charlie suggests we might let the project go forward and watch it with care. Woody adds we can ask them to acknowledge this and report back on what transpired with the committee vote and level of participation. Helen recommends we get information on stakeholder engagement and level of participation before proceeding. Woody adds we would like to see what they anticipate the impact of the whitepapers will be.
      • Vote: Motion tabled. Woody will take the Whitepapers project scope back to committee to address concerns. Helen asks they also use the correct template as the older version is missing sections.
    • Motion: to approve Project Scope Statement for International SDO Glossary (JIC Project) at TSC Tracker #1679, Project Insight # 495
      • Dusted off the project scope in Cambridge, reviewed with changes that Vocab could agree to. Publishing will take responsibility for publishing a single glossary in the V3 space and make content available for review and Heather would submit the material to the ISO project for harmonization and publication internationally. Publishing will manage the HL7 glossary and Vocab the internationalization. Charlie doesn’t understand why Vocabulary is part of it but the Publishing and Vocab cochairs are fine with it. Ron notes that you have a person participating in multiple environments and it’s important to bridge these different worlds. You have a person motivated to making it happen with energy and commitment to do so. Charlie’s concern is governance within HL7. Woody notes that the HL7 purposes of the glossary are being handled by Publishing and will continue to operate independently of activity within the internationalization effort. John notes that efforts like this have come up as a potential requirement from HITSP and ONCHIT. They are looking for a common format in HTML. Woody comments that the MIF has the ability to do multiple formats but the SKMT should have the ability to put out different formats also. John says they want common publishing formats for the standards themselves – but Woody expects to retire someday he hopes.
      • Vote: unanimously approved.
  12. Structure & Semantic Design Report–Gregg Seppala
    • no items to advance. SD has not met, but will do so in the next couple of weeks with projects coming forward.
  13. Technical & Support Services Report- Ken McCaslin – nothing to report.
  14. CTO Report – John noted that last week there was a letter draft to John Klimek. He had comments from Scott Robertson, generally supportive, detailing effort from 2004-2005 regarding pharmacy message to ambulatory setting on discharge.
    • Discussions with ISO trying to patch a disconnect with status of the EHR-S projects. JIC thinks it’s a JIC project and the WG does not think so.
  15. WGM Planning -
    • Working Group preparations - agendas
      • One addition to list of WG not meeting: Health Care Devices. They are meeting with others jointly but not having a committee-only meeting. No follow-on meeting of ISO WG2.
      • Any Work Groups can update the HL7 wiki where the WGM Information links are, for their agendas, or send them to Lynn and she’ll update.
  16. Discussion Topics:
    • Innovations Report: Next Steps, followup - Ed Tripp
      • Established Innovations wiki page, posted info on process as developed at last WGM
        • Links to concepts still active as innovations projects; the submitters have not added to their base pages at this time
      • Established a listserv for those wishing to submit a concept as well as discussing innovation projects
      • No stewards available to run session in Sydney so skipping the 2011Jan cycle. Will send out a call for suggestions for May in Orlando.
      • Suggestions on process please send to Ed. Planned May assessments of how the process is working will probably be premature due to skipping Sydney so will push back one cycle.
    • DCM projects in ISO - continued discussion, entry level models program management
      • Discussion in Rotterdam around ISO DCM Project, outcome was a proposal to split into three parts, one part quality processes to support DCM’ing, second the quality attributes of a DCM (attributes required to underpin the quality process), and third a registry or list of DCM modeling paradigms to which those quality processes apply.
      • Woody asks if the quality aspect was not regarding the models but instead a quality assessment in health care, meaning if you complete this model you have fully evaluated condition xyz. John agrees. Woody notes the models were intended to have a role in quality analysis and quality assurance, and then a registry. John suggests we send an email to William to clarify the understanding Charlie shares with Deepak and the UK contingent. Charlie takes the action item to send email to William regarding intent of DCM. Ravi asks about realm; Woody notes it originated in Dutch system but want to make it a JIC project and have brought a project to HL7. Charlie states it was felt that HL7 should take lead on registry aspects of defining DCMs by elaboration and pull together entry level modeling efforts, to show projects all working on models that are seen as DCM.
    • Wiki main page edits discussion
      • Which WG has editorial responsibility for the wiki?
      • The discussion has gone quiet. Woody was pleased TSC didn’t need to get involved; the community came to a resolution on the community resource. Ken feels the main page should have some process before editing. Ravi says the collaborative environment would be hurt by too much process, but someone should check that the main page is in decent shape. Woody notes if we employ a control point it will take time for them to respond. Rene sort of watches it (it’s been his baby) but provides clarity and consistency rather than radical change.
    • Product Quality project update – no Austin – Gregg noted that Austin has a Doodle poll out trying to schedule a meeting but not enough response on availability. Hoping to schedule after Nov 8th.
    • "What are our key projects" decision making process
      • defer to next week.
    • Open Issues List
      • TSC Tracker # 1635: Composition of TSC Nominations Committee – Ken reports no progress. Defer to next week.
      • Tracker # 1681: Introducing new processes to HL7 – Charlie. Defer to next week.
      • Tracker # 1685: Review of TSC Ballot Approval Summary for January 2011 Ballot Cycle - for comment this week; for vote next week.
        Lynn notes there are documents in the ballot approval summary that the TSC has not yet seen to have projects approved.

Adjourned 12:00 PM EDT

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • Woody will take the Whitepapers project scope back to committee to address concerns.
  • Charlie takes the action item to send email to William regarding intent of DCM.
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items
  • Approve Project Scope Statement for RIMBAA - Creation of a set of whitepapers at TSC Tracker #1677, Project Insight # 550
  • Product Quality project update – no Austin – Gregg noted that Austin has a Doodle poll out trying to schedule a meeting but not enough response on availability. Hoping to schedule after Nov 8th.
  • "What are our key projects" decision making process
  • TSC Tracker # 1635: Composition of TSC Nominations Committee – Ken reports no progress. Defer to next week.
  • Tracker # 1681: Introducing new processes to HL7 – Charlie. Defer to next week.
  • Tracker # 1685: Review of TSC Ballot Approval Summary for January 2011 Ballot Cycle
  • DCM projects in ISO - continued discussion