Difference between revisions of "2010-07-12 TSC Call Minutes"

From HL7 TSC
Jump to navigation Jump to search
m (moved 2010-07-12 TSC Call Agenda to 2010-07-12 TSC Call Minutes: Minutes approved on 2010-07-26)
 
(15 intermediate revisions by 2 users not shown)
Line 1: Line 1:
==TSC Agenda/Minutes ==
+
==TSC Agenda/Minutes==
 +
 
  
<!--FOR WGM: NOTE for TSC Agenda Saturday and Sunday
 
* * * Guests are asked to make alternate arrangements for the meal, or respect the opportunity for TSC members to dine first as the food provided is for elected TSC members and invited guests noted on the agenda * * *
 
-->
 
<!--
 
  EDITORS - When converting the content from Agenda to minuets:
 
  1) Delete the string "|Agenda Template" from   
 
        [[Category:2010 TSC Minutes|Agenda Template]] below
 
  2) Delete the Logistics template reference
 
        {{:TSC Meetings}}  below
 
-->
 
 
===Meeting Info/Attendees===
 
===Meeting Info/Attendees===
{{:TSC Meetings}}
+
[[Category:2010 TSC Minutes]]
 
 
 
{|border="1" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0"  
 
{|border="1" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0"  
 
| width="50%" colspan="2" align="left" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|'''HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes''' <br/>
 
| width="50%" colspan="2" align="left" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|'''HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes''' <br/>
Line 25: Line 15:
 
|}
 
|}
  
<!--or use subst::TSC_roster-->
+
 
 
{|border="1" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0"  
 
{|border="1" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0"  
 
|-
 
|-
Line 34: Line 24:
 
|width="45%"|'''Affiliation'''
 
|width="45%"|'''Affiliation'''
 
|-
 
|-
|?||Calvin Beebe||HL7 SSD SD Co-Chair
+
|x||Calvin Beebe||HL7 SSD SD Co-Chair
 
|-
 
|-
|?||Woody Beeler||HL7 FTSD Co-Chair
+
|x||Woody Beeler||HL7 FTSD Co-Chair
 
|-
 
|-
|?||Bob Dolin||HL7 Board Chair
+
|x||Bob Dolin||HL7 Board Chair
 
|-
 
|-
|?||Austin Kreisler||HL7 DESD Co-Chair
+
|x||Austin Kreisler||HL7 DESD Co-Chair
 
|-
 
|-
|?||Lynn Laakso ||HL7 staff support
+
|x||Lynn Laakso ||HL7 staff support
 
|-
 
|-
 
|regrets||Ken McCaslin||HL7 TSS SD Co-Chair
 
|regrets||Ken McCaslin||HL7 TSS SD Co-Chair
 
|-
 
|-
|?||Charlie McCay (chair)||HL7 TSC Chair, Affiliate Representative
+
|x||Charlie McCay (chair)||HL7 TSC Chair, Affiliate Representative
 
|-
 
|-
|?||Charlie Mead||HL7 ArB Chair
+
|regrets||Charlie Mead||HL7 ArB Chair
 
|-
 
|-
|?||Ravi Natarajan||HL7 Affiliate Representative
+
|x||Ravi Natarajan||HL7 Affiliate Representative
 
|-
 
|-
 
|?||Ron Parker||HL7 ArB Alternate
 
|?||Ron Parker||HL7 ArB Alternate
 
|-
 
|-
|?||John Quinn||HL7 CTO
+
|x||John Quinn||HL7 CTO
 
|-
 
|-
|?||Gregg Seppala||HL7 SSD SD Co-Chair
+
|x||Gregg Seppala||HL7 SSD SD Co-Chair
 
|-
 
|-
|?||Helen Stevens ||HL7 TSS SD Co-Chair
+
|x||Helen Stevens ||HL7 TSS SD Co-Chair
 
|-
 
|-
|?||Ed Tripp||HL7 DESD Co-Chair
+
|x||Ed Tripp||HL7 DESD Co-Chair
 
|-
 
|-
 
|?||D. Mead Walker||HL7 FTSD Co-Chair
 
|?||D. Mead Walker||HL7 FTSD Co-Chair
|-
 
| || ||
 
|-
 
| || ||
 
|-
 
| || ||
 
 
|-
 
|-
 
|colspan="3" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|
 
|colspan="3" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|
Line 76: Line 60:
 
{|border="1" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0"  
 
{|border="1" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0"  
 
|-
 
|-
|colspan="3" |'''Quorum Requirements (Chair +5 with 2 SD Reps) Met: '''(yes/No)
+
|colspan="3" |'''Quorum Requirements (Chair +5 with 2 SD Reps) Met: '''yes
 
|-
 
|-
 
|}
 
|}
Line 85: Line 69:
 
#Approve Minutes of [[2010-06-28 TSC Call Agenda]]
 
#Approve Minutes of [[2010-06-28 TSC Call Agenda]]
 
#Review [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemBrowse&tracker_id=494 action items] –
 
#Review [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemBrowse&tracker_id=494 action items] –
 +
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=1583&start=0 1583] Create Project Scope Statement for TSC Communication Plan Project - [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/1583/7388/HL7PSS-TSCCommunicationPlan20100709.doc scope statement] - Ravi Natarajan
 +
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=1574 1574] Develop Quality Plan project scope statement, see also TSC 3-yr plan project at Project Insight #[http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=647 647], TSC Tracker # [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=1364 1364] - [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/1574/7385/HL7PSS-ProductQualityPlan-20100707.doc Draft Product Quality Scope Statement] - Austin Kreisler
 
# HL7 Chair or CEO Report – if available
 
# HL7 Chair or CEO Report – if available
# CTO Report  -  John Quinn
+
# [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/docmanfileversion/5767/7387/CTOBODReport12JUL10.doc CTO Report] -  John Quinn
 
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/docmanfileversion/5761/7372/JIC_Proposal_Agenericmodelfordosesyntax.doc JIC Proposal on Dose Syntax] - Generic model (framework) for dose syntax (exact title to be refined)
 
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/docmanfileversion/5761/7372/JIC_Proposal_Agenericmodelfordosesyntax.doc JIC Proposal on Dose Syntax] - Generic model (framework) for dose syntax (exact title to be refined)
 
#**The purpose of [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/docmanfileversion/5760/7371/NHSDoseSyntaxAbstractModel.doc this document] is to provide a common and formal abstract model of a Dose Syntax for constructing structured "Dose Instruction" instances able to convey "the full set of information that supports the correct administration of a medication to a patient in order for it to have its therapeutic effect".  
 
#**The purpose of [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/docmanfileversion/5760/7371/NHSDoseSyntaxAbstractModel.doc this document] is to provide a common and formal abstract model of a Dose Syntax for constructing structured "Dose Instruction" instances able to convey "the full set of information that supports the correct administration of a medication to a patient in order for it to have its therapeutic effect".  
 
#**[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/docmanfileversion/5759/7370/commentform_dosesyntax.doc Comment form for ISO Secretariat]
 
#**[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/docmanfileversion/5759/7370/commentform_dosesyntax.doc Comment form for ISO Secretariat]
 
# ArB Report – Charlie Mead/Ron Parker
 
# ArB Report – Charlie Mead/Ron Parker
# Affiliates Report – Ravi Natarajan/ Charlie McCay
+
#*Charlie reports that Cecil Lynch '''''promises''''' he will have a draft Information Framework (IF) document by close of business (Pacific time) today.
 +
# Affiliates Report – Ravi Natarajan
 +
#*The Int.Affliates call was conducted with 2 participants, we have looked into the TSC Quality Plan project scope statement. I will forward documents with comments to TSC. The meeting was a reasonable success where in participants felt it was providing an avenue for structured discussion. I am also enclosing the communication plan scope statement for discussion next week Monday’s call.
 
# Domain Experts Report– Austin Kreisler/Ed Tripp
 
# Domain Experts Report– Austin Kreisler/Ed Tripp
#*'''Motion''': approve [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/desd/scmsvn/?action=browse&path=%2F%2Acheckout%2A%2Ftrunk%2FDocuments%2FProjectScopeStatements%2FHL7%2520PSS%2520CRFQ%2520SFMv2.doc&revision=8392 project scope] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/1565/7293/DSTU_Publication_Request_CRFQExtension_v2.doc DSTU extension] for 24 months for Clinical Research Filtered Query Service Function Model (CRFQ SFM), Release 1 at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=541 Project Insight # 541], [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=1565 TSC Tracker # 1565].
+
#*'''Motion''': approve [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/desd/scmsvn/?action=browse&path=%2F%2Acheckout%2A%2Ftrunk%2FDocuments%2FProjectScopeStatements%2FHL7%2520PSS%2520CRFQ%2520SFMv2.doc&revision=8392 project scope] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/1565/7293/DSTU_Publication_Request_CRFQExtension_v2.doc DSTU extension] for 24 months for Clinical Research Filtered Query Service Function Model (CRFQ SFM), Release 1 at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=541 Project Insight # 541], [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=1565 TSC Tracker # 1565] - Ed Tripp
# Foundation & Technology Report– Woody Beeler/Mead Walker
+
#* Announcement: DESD has approved an updated [http://www.hl7.org/Special/committees/patientsafety/overview.cfm Mission and Charter statement for Patient Safety Work Group] (PSWG).
 +
#*Request: A couple of DESD work groups are asking for guidelines to help them determine when a project should be considered Universal. They would like to see TSC guidance on this. (Austin)
 +
# Foundation & Technology Report– Woody Beeler
 
# Structure & Semantic Design Report– Calvin Beebe/Gregg Seppala
 
# Structure & Semantic Design Report– Calvin Beebe/Gregg Seppala
#*'''Motion:''' approve [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/1595/7364/DSTU_Publication_Request_CDAR2_IG_PROCNOTE_R1_D1_2010JUN.doc request to publish DSTU] for HL7 Implementation Guide for Clinical Document Architecture, Release 2: Procedure Note, Release 1; [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=568 Project Insight # 568], [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=1595 TSC Tracker # 1595].  
+
#*'''Motion:''' approve [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/1595/7364/DSTU_Publication_Request_CDAR2_IG_PROCNOTE_R1_D1_2010JUN.doc request to publish DSTU] for HL7 Implementation Guide for Clinical Document Architecture, Release 2: Procedure Note, Release 1; [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=568 Project Insight # 568], [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=1595 TSC Tracker # 1595] - Calvin Beebe.
 
# Technical & Support Services Report- Helen Stevens
 
# Technical & Support Services Report- Helen Stevens
#*Update on Online Presence project for Wiki Meeting Minutes - Lynn
+
#Membership Comments on Steering Division Reports
#Membership Comments on Steering Division Reports
 
 
#WGM Planning -  
 
#WGM Planning -  
#*Marketing and promotion - update from HQ - <!-- what does HQ want the TSC to do to assist-->
+
#*Marketing and promotion - update from HQ  
 
#*TSC preparations - Lynn Laakso  
 
#*TSC preparations - Lynn Laakso  
 +
#**Cost savings decision to move the scheduling of Sunday TSC meeting to 7 pm (no dinner provided)
 
#*Working Group preparations - [http://wiki.hl7.org/index.php?title=WGM_information agendas]
 
#*Working Group preparations - [http://wiki.hl7.org/index.php?title=WGM_information agendas]
#Organizational Relations Committee update ([http://www.hl7.org/concalls/index.cfm?action=home.welcome&listofwgids=112 semiweekly]) - Helen Stevens
 
 
#Discussion Topics:
 
#Discussion Topics:
 +
#*Report from TSC Nominations Steward, Ken McCaslin:
 +
#*:Domain Experts: 1 nominee, having difficulty getting a second.
 +
#*:Foundation and Technology: Have 3 nominees.
 +
#*:Structured and Semantic Design: 1 nominee and potentially another.
 +
#*:Technical and Support Services: 1 nominee and potentially another.
 +
#*:International Affiliates: Have 2 nominees
 +
#*TSC input to roadmap / product strategy / business planning
 
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemBrowse&tracker_id=313 Open Issues List]
 
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemBrowse&tracker_id=313 Open Issues List]
  
  
 
'''Supporting Documents'''<br/>
 
'''Supporting Documents'''<br/>
<!--
+
*http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/1583/7355/HL7PSS-TSCCommunicationPlan.doc
#
+
*http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/1574/7385/HL7PSS-ProductQualityPlan-20100707.doc
-->
+
*http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/docmanfileversion/5767/7387/CTOBODReport12JUL10.doc
 +
*http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/docmanfileversion/5761/7372/JIC_Proposal_Agenericmodelfordosesyntax.doc
 +
*http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/docmanfileversion/5760/7371/NHSDoseSyntaxAbstractModel.doc
 +
*http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/docmanfileversion/5759/7370/commentform_dosesyntax.doc
 +
*http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/desd/scmsvn/?action=browse&path=%2F%2Acheckout%2A%2Ftrunk%2FDocuments%2FProjectScopeStatements%2FHL7%2520PSS%2520CRFQ%2520SFMv2.doc&revision=8392
 +
*http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/1565/7293/DSTU_Publication_Request_CRFQExtension_v2.doc
 +
*http://www.hl7.org/Special/committees/patientsafety/overview.cfm
 +
*http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/1595/7364/DSTU_Publication_Request_CDAR2_IG_PROCNOTE_R1_D1_2010JUN.doc
  
 
===Minutes===
 
===Minutes===
 
'''Minutes/Conclusions Reached:'''<br/>
 
'''Minutes/Conclusions Reached:'''<br/>
<!--
+
#Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests) - none
#Visitors:
+
#Agenda review and approval - Charlie McCay – approved by general consent
#Agenda:
+
#Approve Minutes of [[2010-06-28 TSC Call Agenda]] approved by general consent
#Minutes approved by general consent
+
#Review [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemBrowse&tracker_id=494 action items] –
#CEO
+
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=1583&start=0 1583] Create Project Scope Statement for TSC Communication Plan Project - [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/1583/7388/HL7PSS-TSCCommunicationPlan20100709.doc scope statement] - Ravi Natarajan
#CTO
+
#**Ravi reviewed the project description. Charlie suggested if we approve the project scope, we will circulate the project scope and then bring it back to the TSC again for final approval
#ArB
+
#**Helen suggested the Marketing Council be approached to participate.  Ravi will contact them.
#Affiliates:
+
#**'''VOTE:''' Unanimously approved in committee for circulation
#DESD
+
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=1574 1574] Develop Quality Plan project scope statement, see also TSC 3-yr plan project at Project Insight #[http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=647 647], TSC Tracker # [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=1364 1364] - [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/1574/7385/HL7PSS-ProductQualityPlan-20100707.doc Draft Product Quality Scope Statement] - Austin Kreisler
#FTSD
+
#**Austin noted some suggestions and feedback were received today from some International Council participants.  Ravi noted he called a meeting last week and those who attended had comments to suggest. Ravi notes that the opportunity for international participants beyond just the International Council meetings are welcomed.
#SSD SD
+
#**Review after Austin’s update.
#T3SD
+
# HL7 Chair or CEO Report – Bob Dolin – no report.  Participating in discussion on TSC input to Roadmap/ product strategy/ business planning.
#Comments:
+
# [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/docmanfileversion/5767/7387/CTOBODReport12JUL10.doc CTO Report]  -  John Quinn
#WGM:
+
#*Report (attached) as circulated to EC. Informative on Tooling status and XML approach.
#Discussion
+
#*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/docmanfileversion/5761/7372/JIC_Proposal_Agenericmodelfordosesyntax.doc JIC Proposal on Dose Syntax] - Generic model (framework) for dose syntax (exact title to be refined)
#Adjourned hh:mm am/pm (timezone).
+
#**The purpose of [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/docmanfileversion/5760/7371/NHSDoseSyntaxAbstractModel.doc this document] is to provide a common and formal abstract model of a Dose Syntax for constructing structured "Dose Instruction" instances able to convey "the full set of information that supports the correct administration of a medication to a patient in order for it to have its therapeutic effect".
-->
+
#**[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/docmanfileversion/5759/7370/commentform_dosesyntax.doc Comment form for ISO Secretariat]
 +
# ArB Report – Charlie Mead/Ron Parker
 +
#*Charlie reports that Cecil Lynch '''''promises''''' he will have a draft Information Framework (IF) document by close of business (Pacific time) today.
 +
#*Ravi asks what the status of the alpha projects are. Lynn reports that PASS and the Steve Hufnagel projects are in development.  She’s got a call with Marc Koehn today to discuss his participation. PSC working on SAIF and Sound to incorporate HDF and PLCPD with EA.
 +
# Affiliates Report – Ravi Natarajan
 +
#*The Int.Affliates call was conducted with 2 participants, we have looked into the TSC Quality Plan project scope statement. I will forward documents with comments to TSC. The meeting was a reasonable success where in participants felt it was providing an avenue for structured discussion. I am also enclosing the communication plan scope statement for discussion next week Monday’s call.
 +
# Domain Experts Report– Austin Kreisler/Ed Tripp
 +
#*'''Motion''': approve [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/desd/scmsvn/?action=browse&path=%2F%2Acheckout%2A%2Ftrunk%2FDocuments%2FProjectScopeStatements%2FHL7%2520PSS%2520CRFQ%2520SFMv2.doc&revision=8392 project scope] and [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/1565/7293/DSTU_Publication_Request_CRFQExtension_v2.doc DSTU extension] for 24 months for Clinical Research Filtered Query Service Function Model (CRFQ SFM), Release 1 at [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=541 Project Insight # 541], [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=1565 TSC Tracker # 1565] - Ed Tripp
 +
#**Initial DSTU did not have implementers; some interested parties came forward and with request to extend DSTU they found they did not have an approved scope on file. Scope
 +
#**'''VOTE:''' Project Scope Unanimously approved
 +
#**'''VOTE:''' DSTU extension Unanimously approved
 +
#* Announcement: DESD has approved an updated [http://www.hl7.org/Special/committees/patientsafety/overview.cfm Mission and Charter statement for Patient Safety Work Group] (PSWG).
 +
#*Request: A couple of DESD work groups are asking for guidelines to help them determine when a project should be considered Universal. They would like to see TSC guidance on this. (Austin)
 +
#**Discussion deferred to save agenda time with quorum still available.
 +
# Foundation & Technology Report– Woody Beeler/Mead Walker
 +
#*Conference call on the 29th with discussion on MicroITS. FTSD is suggesting it’s not ready for ballot with existing project scope statement, needing coordination with other WG e.g. MnM, InM. Hoping for discussion in Cambridge in October to advance this.
 +
# Structure & Semantic Design Report– Calvin Beebe/Gregg Seppala
 +
#*'''Motion:''' approve [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/1595/7364/DSTU_Publication_Request_CDAR2_IG_PROCNOTE_R1_D1_2010JUN.doc request to publish DSTU] for HL7 Implementation Guide for Clinical Document Architecture, Release 2: Procedure Note, Release 1; [http://www.hl7.org/special/Committees/projman/searchableProjectIndex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=568 Project Insight # 568], [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=1595 TSC Tracker # 1595] - Calvin Beebe.
 +
#**Negatives mostly refer to one from GE that was withdrawn.
 +
#**'''VOTE:''' unanimously approved
 +
# Technical & Support Services Report- Helen Stevens
 +
#*No meeting, nothing for today from Helen.
 +
#*Update on Online Presence project for Wiki Meeting Minutes – Lynn – ES co-chairs propose a change to the handbook to allow minutes to be posted on the WG web page OR (with a link from the web page) on the HL7 (only) wiki, but we should not drop our desire to implement protection of wiki pages.  Although it is still a good idea, it appears that we are not under any time pressure to implement true locking.  We should keep that ‘nice to have’ in our back pocket while we pursue whatever form of protection is easy to do (e.g., with parameter setting) without turning it into a project for which we do not have the resources.
 +
#Membership Comments on Steering Division Reports – no comments
 +
#*Marketing and promotion - update from HQ – no update
 +
#**Woody notes they have not heard anything concrete that the Jan2011 WGM in Sydney is confirmed. Helen has already given that feedback to Karen, and Karen will be sending a message to the membership.
 +
#**Helen has received a WGM Planning invite for Sydney.  No meeting scheduled for Cambridge. Bob notes there is no plan for having a planning meeting for Cambridge. Helen notes that there was a request and expectation that all WGM have a planning group to promote and encourage maximum attendance.  Changes being made to WGM plans with short-term budget considerations starting with Cambridge were hoped to be communicated to the TSC with Helen as liaison. Perhaps a biweekly call with Helen, Mark and Lillian.
 +
#**Ravi notes that for even U.S. site meeting it still requires international travel for many attendees. Helen notes there is feedback from cochairs questionnaire that should be addressed.
 +
#WGM Planning -
 +
#*TSC preparations - Lynn Laakso
 +
#**Cost savings decision to move the scheduling of Sunday TSC meeting to 7 pm (no dinner provided)
 +
#*Working Group preparations - [http://wiki.hl7.org/index.php?title=WGM_information agendas]
 +
#Discussion Topics:
 +
#*Report from TSC Nominations Steward, Ken McCaslin:
 +
#*:Domain Experts: 1 nominee, having difficulty getting a second.
 +
#*:Foundation and Technology: Have 3 nominees.
 +
#*:Structured and Semantic Design: 1 nominee and potentially another.
 +
#*:Technical and Support Services: 1 nominee and potentially another.
 +
#*:International Affiliates: Have 2 nominees
 +
#*TSC input to roadmap / product strategy / business planning
 +
#**Adding a layer between Strategic Initiative and Roadmap Tasks, called Strategic Criteria to include the SMART tasks. Draft document will be reviewed by Roadmap task force tomorrow, share with TSC after Task Force meeting.  Not adding particular projects at this time. Projects would refer back to specific criteria.
 +
#**2011 revised business model being developed by Internationalization Task Force.  Budget adjustments will have significant impacts on Tooling investments.
 +
#**Ravi asks how one Roadmap initiative spanning multiple projects, how will success be measured? As new projects come about the new projects are tied to the criteria so that progress on an objective can be measured. Ed asks if there will be a flag on a project to indicate if they are tied to strategic initiative?  The check boxes at the bottom of the Project Scope Statement are a start but we’ll have to evaluate ourselves based on these criteria at the end of the year.
 +
#*Helen leaves the call.
 +
#*Austin notes we need to identify projects that need strategic resources from HL7.  How will we allocate resources to those projects deemed strategic? What resources does HL7 have to be allocated? Charlie notes that the statement of the strategic initiative target for a project is valuable even if no resources are offered. Projects will also be used as metrics for CxO organization evaluation. Charlie sees value even without resources to allocate.
 +
#*In consideration for the state of existing technical infrastructure, and any potential cuts in tooling development would call for TSC involvement in the decision process.
 +
#Call adjourned at 11:55am
  
 
===Next Steps===
 
===Next Steps===
Line 141: Line 190:
 
|-
 
|-
 
|colspan="4" |'''Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items'''<br/>
 
|colspan="4" |'''Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items'''<br/>
*.
+
* Request: A couple of DESD work groups are asking for guidelines to help them determine when a project should be considered Universal. They would like to see TSC guidance on this. (Austin)
 
|}
 
|}

Latest revision as of 16:37, 26 July 2010

TSC Agenda/Minutes

Meeting Info/Attendees

HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 124466#
GoToMeeting ID: 165-215-206

Date: 2010-07-12
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator Charlie McCay Note taker(s) Lynn Laakso


Attendee Name Affiliation
x Calvin Beebe HL7 SSD SD Co-Chair
x Woody Beeler HL7 FTSD Co-Chair
x Bob Dolin HL7 Board Chair
x Austin Kreisler HL7 DESD Co-Chair
x Lynn Laakso HL7 staff support
regrets Ken McCaslin HL7 TSS SD Co-Chair
x Charlie McCay (chair) HL7 TSC Chair, Affiliate Representative
regrets Charlie Mead HL7 ArB Chair
x Ravi Natarajan HL7 Affiliate Representative
? Ron Parker HL7 ArB Alternate
x John Quinn HL7 CTO
x Gregg Seppala HL7 SSD SD Co-Chair
x Helen Stevens HL7 TSS SD Co-Chair
x Ed Tripp HL7 DESD Co-Chair
? D. Mead Walker HL7 FTSD Co-Chair


Quorum Requirements (Chair +5 with 2 SD Reps) Met: yes

Agenda

Agenda Topics

  1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
  2. Agenda review and approval - Charlie McCay
  3. Approve Minutes of 2010-06-28 TSC Call Agenda
  4. Review action items
  5. HL7 Chair or CEO Report – if available
  6. CTO Report - John Quinn
    • JIC Proposal on Dose Syntax - Generic model (framework) for dose syntax (exact title to be refined)
      • The purpose of this document is to provide a common and formal abstract model of a Dose Syntax for constructing structured "Dose Instruction" instances able to convey "the full set of information that supports the correct administration of a medication to a patient in order for it to have its therapeutic effect".
      • Comment form for ISO Secretariat
  7. ArB Report – Charlie Mead/Ron Parker
    • Charlie reports that Cecil Lynch promises he will have a draft Information Framework (IF) document by close of business (Pacific time) today.
  8. Affiliates Report – Ravi Natarajan
    • The Int.Affliates call was conducted with 2 participants, we have looked into the TSC Quality Plan project scope statement. I will forward documents with comments to TSC. The meeting was a reasonable success where in participants felt it was providing an avenue for structured discussion. I am also enclosing the communication plan scope statement for discussion next week Monday’s call.
  9. Domain Experts Report– Austin Kreisler/Ed Tripp
  10. Foundation & Technology Report– Woody Beeler
  11. Structure & Semantic Design Report– Calvin Beebe/Gregg Seppala
  12. Technical & Support Services Report- Helen Stevens
  13. Membership Comments on Steering Division Reports –
  14. WGM Planning -
    • Marketing and promotion - update from HQ
    • TSC preparations - Lynn Laakso
      • Cost savings decision to move the scheduling of Sunday TSC meeting to 7 pm (no dinner provided)
    • Working Group preparations - agendas
  15. Discussion Topics:
    • Report from TSC Nominations Steward, Ken McCaslin:
      Domain Experts: 1 nominee, having difficulty getting a second.
      Foundation and Technology: Have 3 nominees.
      Structured and Semantic Design: 1 nominee and potentially another.
      Technical and Support Services: 1 nominee and potentially another.
      International Affiliates: Have 2 nominees
    • TSC input to roadmap / product strategy / business planning
    • Open Issues List


Supporting Documents

Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:

  1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests) - none
  2. Agenda review and approval - Charlie McCay – approved by general consent
  3. Approve Minutes of 2010-06-28 TSC Call Agenda approved by general consent
  4. Review action items
    • 1583 Create Project Scope Statement for TSC Communication Plan Project - scope statement - Ravi Natarajan
      • Ravi reviewed the project description. Charlie suggested if we approve the project scope, we will circulate the project scope and then bring it back to the TSC again for final approval
      • Helen suggested the Marketing Council be approached to participate. Ravi will contact them.
      • VOTE: Unanimously approved in committee for circulation
    • 1574 Develop Quality Plan project scope statement, see also TSC 3-yr plan project at Project Insight #647, TSC Tracker # 1364 - Draft Product Quality Scope Statement - Austin Kreisler
      • Austin noted some suggestions and feedback were received today from some International Council participants. Ravi noted he called a meeting last week and those who attended had comments to suggest. Ravi notes that the opportunity for international participants beyond just the International Council meetings are welcomed.
      • Review after Austin’s update.
  5. HL7 Chair or CEO Report – Bob Dolin – no report. Participating in discussion on TSC input to Roadmap/ product strategy/ business planning.
  6. CTO Report - John Quinn
    • Report (attached) as circulated to EC. Informative on Tooling status and XML approach.
    • JIC Proposal on Dose Syntax - Generic model (framework) for dose syntax (exact title to be refined)
      • The purpose of this document is to provide a common and formal abstract model of a Dose Syntax for constructing structured "Dose Instruction" instances able to convey "the full set of information that supports the correct administration of a medication to a patient in order for it to have its therapeutic effect".
      • Comment form for ISO Secretariat
  7. ArB Report – Charlie Mead/Ron Parker
    • Charlie reports that Cecil Lynch promises he will have a draft Information Framework (IF) document by close of business (Pacific time) today.
    • Ravi asks what the status of the alpha projects are. Lynn reports that PASS and the Steve Hufnagel projects are in development. She’s got a call with Marc Koehn today to discuss his participation. PSC working on SAIF and Sound to incorporate HDF and PLCPD with EA.
  8. Affiliates Report – Ravi Natarajan
    • The Int.Affliates call was conducted with 2 participants, we have looked into the TSC Quality Plan project scope statement. I will forward documents with comments to TSC. The meeting was a reasonable success where in participants felt it was providing an avenue for structured discussion. I am also enclosing the communication plan scope statement for discussion next week Monday’s call.
  9. Domain Experts Report– Austin Kreisler/Ed Tripp
    • Motion: approve project scope and DSTU extension for 24 months for Clinical Research Filtered Query Service Function Model (CRFQ SFM), Release 1 at Project Insight # 541, TSC Tracker # 1565 - Ed Tripp
      • Initial DSTU did not have implementers; some interested parties came forward and with request to extend DSTU they found they did not have an approved scope on file. Scope
      • VOTE: Project Scope Unanimously approved
      • VOTE: DSTU extension Unanimously approved
    • Announcement: DESD has approved an updated Mission and Charter statement for Patient Safety Work Group (PSWG).
    • Request: A couple of DESD work groups are asking for guidelines to help them determine when a project should be considered Universal. They would like to see TSC guidance on this. (Austin)
      • Discussion deferred to save agenda time with quorum still available.
  10. Foundation & Technology Report– Woody Beeler/Mead Walker
    • Conference call on the 29th with discussion on MicroITS. FTSD is suggesting it’s not ready for ballot with existing project scope statement, needing coordination with other WG e.g. MnM, InM. Hoping for discussion in Cambridge in October to advance this.
  11. Structure & Semantic Design Report– Calvin Beebe/Gregg Seppala
  12. Technical & Support Services Report- Helen Stevens
    • No meeting, nothing for today from Helen.
    • Update on Online Presence project for Wiki Meeting Minutes – Lynn – ES co-chairs propose a change to the handbook to allow minutes to be posted on the WG web page OR (with a link from the web page) on the HL7 (only) wiki, but we should not drop our desire to implement protection of wiki pages. Although it is still a good idea, it appears that we are not under any time pressure to implement true locking. We should keep that ‘nice to have’ in our back pocket while we pursue whatever form of protection is easy to do (e.g., with parameter setting) without turning it into a project for which we do not have the resources.
  13. Membership Comments on Steering Division Reports – no comments
    • Marketing and promotion - update from HQ – no update
      • Woody notes they have not heard anything concrete that the Jan2011 WGM in Sydney is confirmed. Helen has already given that feedback to Karen, and Karen will be sending a message to the membership.
      • Helen has received a WGM Planning invite for Sydney. No meeting scheduled for Cambridge. Bob notes there is no plan for having a planning meeting for Cambridge. Helen notes that there was a request and expectation that all WGM have a planning group to promote and encourage maximum attendance. Changes being made to WGM plans with short-term budget considerations starting with Cambridge were hoped to be communicated to the TSC with Helen as liaison. Perhaps a biweekly call with Helen, Mark and Lillian.
      • Ravi notes that for even U.S. site meeting it still requires international travel for many attendees. Helen notes there is feedback from cochairs questionnaire that should be addressed.
  14. WGM Planning -
    • TSC preparations - Lynn Laakso
      • Cost savings decision to move the scheduling of Sunday TSC meeting to 7 pm (no dinner provided)
    • Working Group preparations - agendas
  15. Discussion Topics:
    • Report from TSC Nominations Steward, Ken McCaslin:
      Domain Experts: 1 nominee, having difficulty getting a second.
      Foundation and Technology: Have 3 nominees.
      Structured and Semantic Design: 1 nominee and potentially another.
      Technical and Support Services: 1 nominee and potentially another.
      International Affiliates: Have 2 nominees
    • TSC input to roadmap / product strategy / business planning
      • Adding a layer between Strategic Initiative and Roadmap Tasks, called Strategic Criteria to include the SMART tasks. Draft document will be reviewed by Roadmap task force tomorrow, share with TSC after Task Force meeting. Not adding particular projects at this time. Projects would refer back to specific criteria.
      • 2011 revised business model being developed by Internationalization Task Force. Budget adjustments will have significant impacts on Tooling investments.
      • Ravi asks how one Roadmap initiative spanning multiple projects, how will success be measured? As new projects come about the new projects are tied to the criteria so that progress on an objective can be measured. Ed asks if there will be a flag on a project to indicate if they are tied to strategic initiative? The check boxes at the bottom of the Project Scope Statement are a start but we’ll have to evaluate ourselves based on these criteria at the end of the year.
    • Helen leaves the call.
    • Austin notes we need to identify projects that need strategic resources from HL7. How will we allocate resources to those projects deemed strategic? What resources does HL7 have to be allocated? Charlie notes that the statement of the strategic initiative target for a project is valuable even if no resources are offered. Projects will also be used as metrics for CxO organization evaluation. Charlie sees value even without resources to allocate.
    • In consideration for the state of existing technical infrastructure, and any potential cuts in tooling development would call for TSC involvement in the decision process.
  16. Call adjourned at 11:55am

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items
  • Request: A couple of DESD work groups are asking for guidelines to help them determine when a project should be considered Universal. They would like to see TSC guidance on this. (Austin)