2009-08-31 TSC Call Agenda

From HL7 TSC
Jump to navigation Jump to search

TSC - Technical Steering Committee

Monday, August 31, 2009 11:00 AM (US Eastern Daylight Time, GMT -5)
To participate, dial 770-657-9270 and enter pass code 124466#
GoToMeeting at https://www.gotomeeting.com/join/165215206
GoToMeeting ID: 165-215-206 

back to TSC Minutes and Agendas



  • Chair: Charlie McCay
  • CTO: John Quinn
  • Domain Experts: Austin Kreisler (primary), Ed Tripp (alternate)
  • Foundation & Technology: Ioana Singureanu (primary), Woody Beeler (alternate)
  • Structure & Semantic Design: Calvin Beebe (primary), Gregg Seppala (alternate)
  • Technical & Support Services: Ken McCaslin (primary), Helen Stevens Love (alternate)
  • Affiliate: Ravi Natarajan
  • ARB: Charlie Mead (primary), John Koisch (alternate)
  • Ad-Hoc: Jim Case
  • HQ: Lynn Laakso


  • Charles Jaffe (CEO)
  • Ed Hammond (HL7 Chair); Bob Dolin (HL7 Vice Chair)
  • Marc Koehn (EA IP)
  • Karen Van Hentenryck (HQ)



Meeting Admin

  1. Roll Call -
  2. Accept Agenda -
  3. Approve Minutes from 2009-08-24 TSC Call Minutes
  4. Review action items

(20 min) Standing Committee Reports/Approvals

  1. CEO Report -
  2. CTO Report -
    • EA IP Update
      • CTS2 discussion recap
  3. ArB Report -
  4. Affiliates Report -
  5. Domain Experts -
  6. Foundation & Technology -
  7. Structure & Semantic Design -
  8. Technical & Support Services -
    • Project Services' Project Insight Review and Cleanup team requests the TSC's approveDeferred vote to approve format and structure guidelines [1] addressing TSC Tracker # 1082.

(30 min) Discussion topics

Open Issues List

  • TSC Tracker 319: Backward-compatible standard. Propose closure.
  • TSC Tracker 332:Need process for bringing ISO/joint initiative work into HL7 - see documentation at the HL7 web site at Participate/Online Balloting/HL7's Collaboration with ISO and JIC. Recommend closure from TSC Tracker.
  • TSC Tracker 745: HQ to explore cost of providing secretarial support to the WGs - plan for HQ offering secretarial support to the WGs. Karen has suggested we let the WGs apply for the admin support, and tell us what they plan to accomplish with the admin support (which projects are they working on and is the goal to go to ballot before the next WGM, etc).
  • PSS at TSC Tracker 998: TSC Project Visibility Proposal
    • Methods for business case identification deferred to PSC, on their timeline 2010Jan for addition to PSS, is there more?
  • PSSat TSC Tracker 997: TSC Work Group Visibility project proposal
    • efforts rolled into HL7 Project Insight Review and Cleanup with PSC
    • Review Work Group Health - how do we wish to use this information?

Develop agenda for 2009SeptWGM

Future Agenda item list

Click for TSC Action Item List